Melcher's Leaderheads

Wow, I've never seen most of these; they are quite impressive. A lot of them are rather unique; I can't tell who they're based on.

Wow, I've never seen most of these; they are quite impressive. A lot of them are rather unique; I can't tell who they're based on.

Thanks mechaerik!
Your words describes just what i try to achieve. Mission accomplished, i guess. :D

@Aelia Pulcheria release

Well, i'm feeling bad about delay her release for an indefinite time, but i have to.
Believe me, it's totally worth it. :mischief:
Shouldn't take too long. However no predictions anymore.
Hope you don't mind.

I need your opinions. I have made a new LH which uses a pretty similar face and to some extent the same animations. Therefore both look kind of equal and that's what i try to avoid with my LHs. Normally i would abandon the Aelia Pulcheria model, but i have the feeling it wouldn't be fair towards you guys after i have shown you some screenshots.
So there are two options.
First, i could release her as a bonus LH in combination with the other (main) one.
Or i could rework her complete and release her separate at a later date. But i can't tell how long that would be, seriously need a break after the new one ( i hate animation stuff).:D

Which option do you prefer?

melcher kürzer;10751274 said:
I need your opinions. I have made a new LH which uses a pretty similar face and to some extent the same animations. Therefore both look kind of equal and that's what i try to avoid with my LHs. Normally i would abandon the Aelia Pulcheria model, but i have the feeling it wouldn't be fair towards you guys after i have shown you some screenshots.
So there are two options.
First, i could release her as a bonus LH in combination with the other (main) one.
Or i could rework her complete and release her separate at a later date. But i can't tell how long that would be, seriously need a break after the new one ( i hate animation stuff).:D

Which option do you prefer?

If they're similar why don't you release the one you're not sure about as an alternative skin version of this LH?

I say go ahead and release the LH. If later on an improved version 2.0 is released, even better! :)

If they're similar why don't you release the one you're not sure about as an alternative skin version of this LH?

Only the face and the animations are similar, these are two complete diffrent LHs. I have done this Aelia Pulcheria LH mostly for fun and without any goal, but i figured out i could use the face and the animations for a real great LH, someone i wanted to do a long time, but wasn't able to (and requested in this thread aswell). So i have changed them and use them now for the new LH. Usually i would say the model have done its purpose and get rid of it.
Anyway, the model of Aelia Pulcheria wouldn't fit with the new Leader, so this is not an option.

I say go ahead and release the LH. If later on an improved version 2.0 is released, even better! :)

That would undermine the hole point in not releasing two similar LHs in the first place, even it's only the face.

I will see if i can reskin her face enough to make them diffrent, but i think it's not possible because of the same face expression.

I don't think it's necessary to reskin it. Releasing it as a bonus leaderhead would be great.

Ohh, I understand now:
During the process of creating a truly great leaderhead, you created Aelia Pulcheria. Just by coincident. Or as a side effect
It was only a step towards your real goal, but you release that totally amateur and awful sketch too, in case anyone has a so strange taste that wants to use her somewhere

But seriously: definitely release both
My vote also goes for bonus leaderhead
It's enough if you say: both LHs shouldn't be used in the same mod, as they have similar face and the animations are pretty much the same

Ohh, I understand now:
During the process of creating a truly great leaderhead, you created Aelia Pulcheria. Just by coincident. Or as a side effect
It was only a step towards your real goal, but you release that totally amateur and awful sketch too, in case anyone has a so strange taste that wants to use her somewhere

I have warned you, haven't i?:D

But seriously: definitely release both
My vote also goes for bonus leaderhead
It's enough if you say: both LHs shouldn't be used in the same mod, as they have similar face and the animations are pretty much the same

Sounds good. This option seems the most favoured one and has some advantages too. People get the LH they expected and i have much less work. All happy-->:D
Hopefully this weekend, stay tuned!

"Shouldn't"... If people like both LHs they will use both if they don't care for such stuff (and many don't care), I mean, look at CivGold - half of the LHs there have the same face and use the same animations.
Both LHs should definitely be released. Aelia Pulcheria should be released as Aelia Pulcheria, the second LH should be released as the second LH, whoever she is.

"Shouldn't"... If people like both LHs they will use both if they don't care for such stuff (and many don't care), I mean, look at CivGold - half of the LHs there have the same face and use the same animations.
Both LHs should definitely be released. Aelia Pulcheria should be released as Aelia Pulcheria, the second LH should be released as the second LH, whoever she is.

I agree mostly. People can do what they want with their modifications. If they want 10 reskins of Isabella, fine, go ahead. And it's true, most people don't care anyways.
Before i have started creating LHs if have noticed hardly any flaw.
Problem is, now i notice mostly every little clipping, texture, shader, transparency error and it annoys me. Similarities too. Especially by my own stuff.
Therefore i only release LHs i'm happy with and think i can't improve them anymore.
This may sounds stupid, but it's hard for me to release stuff i have the feeling i didn't gave my best.

But maybe you are right. It isn't really that important. Okay okay, i will release her, but only without a seal of quality.
Gosh, why is this so hard for me.:D

Aelia Pulcheria is finally uploaded.

I haven't double-checked everything as i normally do. So if there are any problems let me know. Also let me know what you think.
There are still some minor problems, but hopefully nothing really serious. If you encounter anything major, tell me and i will see what i can do.

Enjoy!

Screenshots:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Aelia Pulcheria_overview.jpg
    Aelia Pulcheria_overview.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 1,427
Catherine the Great, Empress of Russia

More Screenshots:

Spoiler :

Download: Link

Enjoy, rate and comment!

Hope you like her!

Attachments

• catherine_the_great_overview.jpg
    catherine_the_great_overview.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 1,346
Ten thousand million times better than the Firaxis version! Kudos to you :goodjob:

Top Bottom