A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few strange bugs to report.

Influence Driven War only works when I am the one attacked, and then only when it is naval combat.

When I attack, once the battle ends my units are de-selected. This happens for groups of 1 or more.

I conquered an enemy city, and my stability for revolutions is heavily positive from nationality, even though it is 99% Aztec while I am America. However, in my own cities, the bonus for nationality is far less, even though they are 100% American.

This one is less weird, and it may even be a feature: There is -3000% revolutionary sentiment for Federal. I don't know if this was intended as 30% and there was a typo, or if it is intended.

(There is also the bug where unit strength does not display when mousing over a unit, but that has been reported already)

I am using AND 1.75 Patch C.

With that said, I also would like to say that this is an excellent mod that has just about every feature I've been looking for in a mod for a while now. :goodjob:

so here is the problem

i am russia and kyoto is 79% russian, when this window appear dont matter in what button i click nothing happen ¬¬
the city dont come to my command and neither form japan ¬¬

that thing already happen 3 times. can anyone help me?

ok, one of my cities cant grow beyond level 2, even when reverting to an older save, I get the message about the city growing the next turn but it doesn't.

Make sure the "avoid growth" button is not on, check the city screen
The same thing happened to me yesterday. I think it has to do with Rev, the city is growing, and then immediately shrinking due to unrest. At least, as soon as I switched a civ to give more local happiness it started growing.

I play NEw dawn 1.76 beta5

Flood plains give +1 unhealthy even when the tile not work.
This have a huge impact on small new cities where is a lot of flood plains
I play with egiptian and my city Thebes have +8 unhealthy from Flood plains so this
city will not growth (city size 1) and i cant do anything with that.

Conclusion: only worked tiles with flood plains should give +1 unhealthy not every in city vincinity

Attachments

• Flood plains bug.jpg
    Flood plains bug.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 83
I play NEw dawn 1.76 beta5

Flood plains give +1 unhealthy even when the tile not work.
This have a huge impact on small new cities where is a lot of flood plains
I play with egiptian and my city Thebes have +8 unhealthy from Flood plains so this
city will not growth (city size 1) and i cant do anything with that.

Conclusion: only worked tiles with flood plains should give +1 unhealthy not every in city vincinity

Personally flood plains giving any unhealthiness is a pet peeve of mine in Civ 4. Technically marshlands gave unhealthiness and floodplains gave a health boost historically. Forests on marshlands balanced out the negative health effects to produce a net of zero health modification. I think the only reason floodplains produced negative health in the first place was to make them less overpowered. However I don't know why every modder out there left that intact when they made extensive enough modifications to the game that a simple rebalancing could have fixed this real quick. Also I will point out that if someone wants a flood plain with unhealthiness run it over a marsh with these things factored in - if the marsh gives a really negative unhealthiness effect and the floodplain no or small health boost then it would be like vanilla floodplains or worse, only both more realistic and better gameplay.

OK, now that I'm done ranting for today.

Where can i find file contains bonuses from terrain cause i want manualy delete this unhealthy penalty from flood plains. I think affores forgot about this thread ;)

Where can i find file contains bonuses from terrain cause i want manualy delete this unhealthy penalty from flood plains. I think affores forgot about this thread ;)

folder: assets/xml/terrain
file: CIV4FeatureInfos.xml

search for FEATURE_FLOOD_PLAINS

It is the iHealthPercent tag.

I changed iHealthPercent tag from -40 to 0 (in new dawn parent folder) but nothing changed

This bug is very annoying cause my first city Thebes will newer grow in this case. Please help anyone

I changed iHealthPercent tag from -40 to 0 (in new dawn parent folder) but nothing changed

This bug is very annoying cause my first city Thebes will newer grow in this case. Please help anyone

Did you clear the cache? This may be one of the bits of information it stores between games to make loading faster

Did you clear the cache? This may be one of the bits of information it stores between games to make loading faster

Changing will not effect an existing game state, because internally the game stores total unhealth on the city object - it does not recalculate it from first principles on each game load. So to clarify - are you talking about an existing game or a new game? If it's a new game then the explanation is most likely schema caching as DH suggested. If it's an existing game then it won't 'react' to the XML change in each city until the features around the city get modified in some way to cause it to recalculate. Chopping a forest, draining a marsh, forest spreading should all do that, so it should 'come right' eventually in existing games.

Changing will not effect an existing game state, because internally the game stores total unhealth on the city object - it does not recalculate it from first principles on each game load. So to clarify - are you talking about an existing game or a new game? If it's a new game then the explanation is most likely schema caching as DH suggested. If it's an existing game then it won't 'react' to the XML change in each city until the features around the city get modified in some way to cause it to recalculate. Chopping a forest, draining a marsh, forest spreading should all do that, so it should 'come right' eventually in existing games.

Actually entering worldbuilder and exiting changes the ingame values. I just had to learn that trick to make this work (I'll try to recreate within the next hour or so and post a verification or update just to be sure).

Sigh, I guess what I did was save the thing into a worldbuilder file and reload it as a scenario. Apparently it works perfectly fine for loading new games (which would work without too many hitches for loading a game through worldbuilder) but as per switching this up in-game and loading the game through normal loading, not going to work.

Hope this helps.

This is a bug and an exploit. You get XP for pillaging, I am using the dynamic xp so I get 0.25 to pillage a plot. You can also build mines and quarrys outside of your territory. So you can build a quarry, pillage it, get the 0.25 XP, then build it again and repeat. Have enough workers on the space to build it in one turn and you get 0.25 xp EVERY TURN or even twice a turn! Do this for 1000 turns and you have a unit with 250-500 xp, and never see combat.

The XP for pillaging needs to be removed.

I would like to see the sulphur requierment on the medival/renesance ships removed, i was playing on an archipelago map and had none on my island, so i had to get some somewhere else, but when your opponents have frigates and the only ship you have that can sail ocean is a sloop(i think) you are totaly screwed, it was dumb luck, rather than acctual skill, that alowed me to grab some sulphur and it surely felt very imbalanced.

Also when i go into the civopedia from the main menu the game crashes sooner or later, it works fine when i acces it from an actual running game.

I finished my game, after dragging it out to explore the high end techs and units.

Thoughts:
Revolutions adds a lot of dynamics, but ultimately the AI is pretty bad at handling it's unrest, so it basicly softens them up the later eras by having them split at times, and keep them busy in civil wars while you gradually build up. It also seems to be set rather harshly, switching away one -local civic to a neutral one (technocracy), with only monarch difficulty as a modifier was enough to send all my cities into spirals, including the ones that were happy (The mouseover displayed 4 positive modifiers, and only the difficulty as negative). I switched back soon.
I had tech-brokering off, mostly because of experiences with all AIs always trading all tech the second it was researched in a c2c game, and this probably was a mistake. The smallest AIs were at the start of industrial when I was at the end of superhuman. I'm not sure how well the 'tech diffusion' was working, my spying suggested they were still spending a lot of turns on tech hundreds of rl years out of date.
As expected, the AI doesn't handle big cities well, and once you start having huge 3 radius production monsters, the AI can no longer keep up. It's cities are still overlapping at points on 2 radius fat crosses.
Shore cities are considerably weaker then normal cities. The tileyield from seas is extremely low, especially in late game. Work boats also become comperatively very expensive, especially with barbarian/pirates showing up through the ages and keep on destroying fishing boats as their holy quest. Perhaps later units could upgrade tiles to fishing boats without destruction? Improving general seatile yield through buildings could be an option too.
Technology ran a lot quicker than the real time line, I was playing on epic and seeing 2 turn techs from the middle ages, 1 turn techs from the modern era on. I finished the last tech around 1100 AD. This is probably due to the big empires (Mine was between 20 and 30 for most of the game, my main competitors were 15-25). If it's possible, a 'tech normalization' that would make technology harder to research the more ahead you are from the 'expected timeline' (and reverse, cheaper if you are behind) could be a nice balancing dynamic.

I would like to see the sulphur requierment on the medival/renesance ships removed, i was playing on an archipelago map and had none on my island, so i had to get some somewhere else, but when your opponents have frigates and the only ship you have that can sail ocean is a sloop(i think) you are totaly screwed, it was dumb luck, rather than acctual skill, that alowed me to grab some sulphur and it surely felt very imbalanced.

That has been an issue a long time (If you don't have saltpeter, you are screwed). There are a number of games I have played that I have ended up with only one initial source (thank goodness mines can discover it) only due to overaggressive conquest/expansion. Part of the problem is that it is hard to compare it to iron, only because copper, longbowmen, and horse archers, can carry you beelining for gunpowder (which then becomes I hope I have Sulphur). It is also hard to compare to oil, since it is merely need for fuel, not to mention ammunition (which requires Sulphur) and uranium can allow you to get by until you can manage to acquire a source. I do not play archipelago, but I can image how much of nightmare it can be to acquire any crucial strategic resource.

I am not saying that it should be removed, but it should not be something that alone derails a game or cripples more than a few major AI Civs.

@SanderJK: Try guarding you fishing boats with one or two naval units (by guarding, I mean set to sleep on the tile with fishing boats, not merely placed strategically nearby). Also, Epic is a little to fast for what RAND is designed for; it is designed for Marathon speed with components which makes Snail speed also playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom