C2C SVN Changelog

Have the animals stopped spawning after Neanderthals start spawning? Once the Neanderthals started appearing on mass the animals started disappearing. They had been plentiful before. This is only about 200 turns into a "Snail" game.

Have the animals stopped spawning after Neanderthals start spawning? Once the Neanderthals started appearing on mass the animals started disappearing. They had been plentiful before. This is only about 200 turns into a "Snail" game.

Animals only spawn where no one even neanderthals can see them. The more Neanderthals the fewer animals. I am working on getting the animals to use the same spawn method as the neanderthals. it is early days but so far I have ended up with a carpet of animals five deep in places. Step outside your cultural border and you get eaten alive.:mischief:

Animals only spawn where no one even neanderthals can see them. The more Neanderthals the fewer animals. I am working on getting the animals to use the same spawn method as the neanderthals. it is early days but so far I have ended up with a carpet of animals five deep in places. Step outside your cultural border and you get eaten alive.:mischief:

You have removed the native terrain/native feature tag from the enimal units you are now spawnign the new way I presume (else they'll be spawning both ways)? I plan to add a coupl of new tags to give you finer control this afternoon BTW (bNotIfVisible, bNeutralOnly, bNoNormalization, which respectively will stop spawn if someone can see it [not counting barbs, so Neanderthals havign visibility won't stop it for example], stop spawn except in neutral territory (which is what it does now anyway but I felt allowing it for things like alien invaders later migth be useful), and prevent normalization by game speed).

Edit - this looks like it might ot be til tomorow now. Something came up.

Just pushed to SVN:
  • Fix to SO's WFoC
  • Fix to stacks going to sleep after one unit attacks with quick attack option in force
  • Significant speedups, especially with city capture and other trade network disrupting activities, which play a significant part in the overall turn time in games once the world map is widely known and cross-ocean trading is possible.
  • Fixed AI's liking for Anarchism with a small XML change

Note - the trade network optimisation change is to a very complex area and carries some risk as it's hard to test all cases. Hence only pushing to SVN for now so that those of us using SVN cabn get a little play testing in before I include this on the patch thread

You have removed the native terrain/native feature tag from the enimal units you are now spawnign the new way I presume (else they'll be spawning both ways)? I plan to add a coupl of new tags to give you finer control this afternoon BTW (bNotIfVisible, bNeutralOnly, bNoNormalization, which respectively will stop spawn if someone can see it [not counting barbs, so Neanderthals havign visibility won't stop it for example], stop spawn except in neutral territory (which is what it does now anyway but I felt allowing it for things like alien invaders later migth be useful), and prevent normalization by game speed).

No hurry, I still have some more units to move across and I have not yet played with all the variables. Yes I am removing the terrain natives as I go. Since there are more types of animals than there are Neanderthals, I am setting the spawn percent at 10% and below. This is still resulting in a carpet of animals. Except for crocs which are fewer now but spawn replacements which they did not under the old method.

Updated the unit naming functions so that hunter units are named.

Note: you need to delete the file "UserSettings\Unit Naming.ini" for this to work. It will be recreated with the new values the next time you play the mod.

Nice one;) But the darn thing took me around 10-12 hours to do:whew: (thats with coffee break/lunch etc):rolleyes:

EDIT:

Stone Spearman
- Change 100% vs Wild Animals to 50%

Javlineer
- Change Strength from 3 to 4
- Add 50% vs Wild Animals

Archer
- Change Strength from 4 to 5

Pikeman

Heavy Pikeman

Stone Axeman
- Change from 75% vs Melee to 50%.

Tomahawk Thrower
- Take out 100% Defense vs Chariot (Not sure why i had that)

Clubman
- Remove 25% City Defense
- Add 25% vs Melee Units

Stone Thrower
- Remove 30% vs Melee Units
- Add 25% City Defense
- Add Can Perform Ranged Attacks
- Add Accuracy 15

Slinger
- Add Can Perform Ranged Attacks
- Add Accuracy 25

re-Changed

Stone Thrower
- Add +25% Hill Defense
- Changed Accuracy to 15

Spearman
- Change Strength to 5

Pikeman

I am adding The Huns.

Don't forget to add the Native Culture unique building for them or they will not be able to get the culture buildings. I would say they should probably start out with Native Culture (European) even though they lived in the Asian Steppes too.

Code:
			<Buildings>
				<Building>
					<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_CULTURE_HUMAN</BuildingClassType>
					<BuildingType>BUILDING_CULTURE_EUROPEAN</BuildingType>
				</Building>
			</Buildings>

Using spawn percents of between 1% and 10% the images show the area to the west of my city at about turn 30 and turn 119. :eek:

Edit:There are 32 and more animals so we get number of animals = 3.2 times the number of Neanderthals

Using spawn percents of between 1% and 10% the images show the area to the west of my city at about turn 30 and turn 119. :eek:

Edit:There are 32 and more animals so we get number of animals = 3.2 times the number of Neanderthals

So if I were to change the spawn rate specification from average turns/spawn to 100 times average turns per spawn (so to get the same rates as now the numbers need to be upped by a factor of 100) would that give sufficient granularity?

Alternatively (or as well) I could allow each spawn def to give a list of unit types it chooses from (so multiple animals with the same spawn resource types could be grouped on one spawn def, and the rate would be for ONE of them (randomly) to spawn each time...?

Edit - hang on that doesn't make sense (my first paragraph above). You need a LARGER number not smaller. The spawn rate contoller is not a percentage rate (unless you mean the override, but you shouldn't really be using that as part of the primary definition - thats for user-adjustment really), it's a number of turns to spawn one (on average) [this is the 'iTurns' element]. So if you increase the number by a factor of 32 (relative to the Neanderthal base spawn's value of 15, so 480) you would wind up with the same density as the Neanderthals get (assuming the same resource sources, which I know is an over-simplification, but you get the idea)

So if I were to change the spawn rate specification from average turns/spawn to 100 times average turns per spawn (so to get the same rates as now the numbers need to be upped by a factor of 100) would that give sufficient granularity?

Alternatively (or as well) I could allow each spawn def to give a list of unit types it chooses from (so multiple animals with the same spawn resource types could be grouped on one spawn def, and the rate would be for ONE of them (randomly) to spawn each time...?

Edit - hang on that doesn't make sense (my first paragraph above). You need a LARGER number not smaller. The spawn rate contoller is not a percentage rate (unless you mean the override, but you shouldn't really be using that as part of the primary definition - thats for user-adjustment really), it's a number of turns to spawn one (on average) [this is the 'iTurns' element]. So if you increase the number by a factor of 32 (relative to the Neanderthal base spawn's value of 15, so 480) you would wind up with the same density as the Neanderthals get (assuming the same resource sources, which I know is an over-simplification, but you get the idea)

I was using the percentage as a starting point because I was not sure exactly what the other fields did. I will change everything tomorrow and see.

Is it just me, or are the units and buttons now, like a person standing still, then doing the "Robot"?

It hesitates before making any move, pressing any button, any units, everything just hesitates now for some reason (not long, but just like i said, its like a person doing that stupid move the "Robot"??

thats alittle to slow, but you get the point.

I was using the percentage as a starting point because I was not sure exactly what the other fields did. I will change everything tomorrow and see.

Just pushed to SVN extra options and implementation on the spawns. Added the following booleans (all optional so no need to update the XML unless you want to make use of them [you will probably want to set bNotInView to true for animals]):

bNeutralOnly - defaults to true, if true only neutral territory resources can process this spawn

bNoSpeedNormalization - defaults to false, if true turns OFF any normalization for game speed so it's ALWAYS (at any game speed) the rate you specify in iTurns (adjusted by any override)

bNotInView - defaults to false, if true the spawn is onl active if the resource plot is not visible to any player

I also made the following all optional (they were mandatory before):

iStartDate & iEndDate - if omitted default to -50000 and 50000 (i.e. - on all the time)

bTreatAsBarbarian - if omitted defaults to true

rateOverrideDefineName - if omitted there is no override from global defines

Top Bottom