Hammer and Steel

This is going to be bible like size by the end :eek:

By the looks of it right now, this will surpass Princes of the Universe in size. I don't even want to think of doing a Final Frontier expansion to this story as well :sad:

Did someone say Final Frontier expansion?! We will hold you to the word that you have not even given out!

"How much longer?" Epsilon complained loudly into the comm lines, stamping his boots in the snow angrily as he rubbed his hands together for warmth. The blizzard had only picked up over time, and now the snow had risen two feet in the past three hours, an unheard of rate even here. Right now, Cambridge could not even feel anything below his waist, even though he had two layers on underneath the heavy but flexible parka and thermal pants. The trenchcoat thrown over the top and in black and gray shifting colors was collecting a steadily increasing snow supply as the the flakes settled into every availible crevice.

"Sixty seconds, can't you wait that long?" Yulai's voice crackled over the comm lines from his location in the van, operating the computers and the lines to make sure that everything went according to plan. Delta was on the ridge, loading the last of the two hundred rounds into his Dai-Ichii Ripper .60 caliber anti material rifle.

"Not really, it's bitingly cold out here and while you get a heat generator we get to freeze our collective manhoods off out here."

"Tolerate it. Otherwise you can go back to Washington and be greated by a Chekra Interrogation Squad."

Epsilon grumbled some unflattering words about Yulai, before staring longingly at the ridge. He loved big guns, and the Dai-Ichii rifle was the epitome of power in weapons engineering thus far. After all, explosive, flammable, armor piercing rounds that busted holes in tanks were always desired by Epsilon.

Delta audibly finished loading the anti material rifle, drawing the bolt back till it clacked like a high powered pistol being fired. Unnecessary as it echoed out into the air but it was smothered by the drifting snow. A little overkill using that sort of weapon on a few guards surrounding the mansion when a decent sniper rifle would have been just as good.

"You know what Cambridge? I feel like going down there to that mansion and snapping some people's jaws off. You remember that bugger near Boston that we had to take down? I got so damn sick of his begging that I plucked each one of his teeth out with rusty pliers and cut out his tongue. Amazing how he didn't scream so much after that, though all the noise he made was worse, so we crushed his windpipe till he died."

"Yeah I remember it. Your sadistic, psychopathic behavior coming to light. Again. And again. And again."

"Not my fault, it's so fun to do that though. They always get that look in their eyes, that look where they can't believe that I just did that. The look that's always on that shocked face. So beautiful."

"I'm surprised they haven't checked out your psychological state so far."

"They did but they green lighted me. Apparently I had enough sanity to do my job."

"Cut the chatter both of you, fiteen seconds. Delta you ready?"

"Oh hell I am. I'm going to blow each one of them into bloody, flaming chunks. This is gonna be the best fun I've had in awhile."

Cambridge pulled up the trenchcoat's hood over the toboggon, rubbing the mittens together for more warmth. Hechlan P99 assualt rifle, two .45 caliber pistols, seven thermal grenades, a dozen thermite charges... Cambridge's and Epsilon's armanent was enough to take down a division, what with a hundred pounds of ammo. Not that it would be neccessary with Delta on the ridge.

"Go."

With that one word, Epsilon and Cambridge drew their rifles and broke into a sprint down the hill. Delta could be heard saying, "Little bastard stick your head out a little farther." For one second Cambridge honestly wondered if the man had put a silencer on the assualt rifle, but dismissed that idea. If they had to leave in a hurry, the rifle would drag on the ground slowly.

A round snapped off on the comms as the Cambridge and Epsilon reached the walls of the mansion, grappling hooks in hand. They tossed them over, hooking them on the ancient battlements as a soldier's body tumbled down, half of his torso and his right arm missing, the stump spurting blood wildly in the fallen flakes. Cambridge payed him no mind as Delta snapped off more rounds.

The guard tower was already buzzing with activity, several men coming out with their submachine guns in hand. Unfortunately for them they bumped into Epsilon first, and as Cambridge followed behind the brute of a man, pieces of bodies scattered the walkway. Blood was everywhere, bits of flame from fire rounds attached to the miscellaneous eye or sludge of freezing brain.

The guard tower was cleared out by Epsilon as he drew out the crescent ended long knife that was his favorite weapon and started down the stairs into the hallways towards the central part of the mansion.

They burst out into the hall, mercenaries coming from their left, Cambridge already drawing up the assualt rifle and using up the entire sixty round cartridge on them as flocks of bullets sped out and tore the men to pieces. Servents and house tenders ran and screamed, two of them caught in the crossfire and gunned down. A pity, but it wasn't really that important quite frankly.

There wasn't a whole lot of time to admire the architecture of beauty of the place that was this mansion, the House of the Blue Stars. Indeed, the blue star sigil was on the walls everywhere, but Cambridge could only see it out of his peripheral vision as he tried to keep pace with Epsilon, who barreled forward with little caution, slashing wildly with the long knife and carving dead bodies left and right, civilian or not.

Delta snapped off another round, the helicopter pilot slumping forward as the delay fuse explosive round ticked off, the wiry sniper picking another target already. A group of guards running across the courtyard past bodies of the fallen. Each man died in the courtyard, perfect headshots not so cleanly decapitating them as the helicopter exploded in the background. The only transportation for any man inside of the target structure had just been eliminated, and now they had a mop up operation on their hands.

"Entering old section now." Cambridge's voice was a quiet whisper speckled by gunfire and Epsilon's furious, animal like screaming. "How close are we to the target Yulai?"

"About three hundred meters, two floors down. Panic room is there, thermite charges on the doors to crack it open like an egg."

"Understood, I'll try to get Epsilon out of his berserker state long enough to tell him what we are doing."

Good luck with that, Delta thought as another man caught fire and fell from the walls.

The panic room door was a strong monster, five feet of solid titanium-steel alloy. Powerful enough to withstand low grade artillery shell fire, with apparently alternate ventilation, powering, water, and miscellaneous utilities systems.

Which was rather useless since the thermite charge did it's work and ate it's way through the door cleanly and precisely. The guards died before they even got to raise their guns, a bloody mess of it.

The target wasn't that hard to locate. He'd popped a cyanide pill just as the thermite had finished it's job. In death, his full uniform attire fit his form loosely, and his face was a horrible mess of what it had been.

"A note," muttered Epsilon as he picked it up. "Bah, it's Deutsch. Care to translate Cambridge?"

"Certainly. 'It looks like it's the end of the line for me fellows, but I'll have you know I won't be sinking to hell easily. I plan on taking this entire area with me. If you look carefully, you will see a timer on my desk with a countdown clock on it. That's how long you have until the entire mansion explodes with the stocks of C4, gasoline, and napalm that I've stocked underneath it. Enjoy my parting gift.'"

Epsilon looked at Cambridge and Cambridge looked at Epsilon. "Run?" The big man suggested.

And so they did.

There fate shall be reavealed in the next update
And also:
Spoiler :
Whether Epsilon and his fellows are really the bad guys, or the good guys.

:mischief:

"Run you stupid fool!" Cambridge screamed over the sound of the Earth being torn a brand new canyon, the phosphorus underground so hot that flames had started to creep up the walls in the hallway that they were running through.

"What do you think I'm doing Cambridge?" Epsilon had sheathed the crescent ended long knife and was going as fast as he could, his two and half meter tall frame going as fast as it could.

Behind them, the flames from the dead general's explosives roared down the hallway, lazily chasing them as the flickering orange whips fed on the bodies of the dead mercenary soldiers and the civilians that had been caught in the crossfire. Windows cracked as the flames approached, the glass either exploding outwards violently or melting were it stood. Cambridge thanked god that it wasn't black phosphorous that had been down there; the flames would have been grey-black look, and twenty times the surface heat of the sun. Sweat ran down Cambridge's brow and the back of his neck, but he dared not slow to take off a layer. Snow was falling through the shattered cieling, hissing as it smothered out the pockets of fire that opened up and tried to eat away at their layers, the smell of burning wool, cotten, and hair as well as the smell of cooked flesh filled his nostrils, but the smell of burning flesh was a sweeter type, one that Cambridge could have mistaken for roast beef had the flames not been roaring behind them where the carnage had been wrought.

"What in the other hell are those two halfwits up to now?" Yulai muttered to himself as he stood out in the thickening snow. Little flames had started to lick up from small areas of the compound that the two black coated ravens had entered, and now smoke was pouring out, scarring the sky something fierce. "This was supposed to be a simple mission, how in the hell did they manage to fu-"

A large piece of the cieling on the western side of the compound exploded violently, sending burning chunks of concrete and plater showering up. Yulai swore to himself and flicked on the comm lines. "Epsilon, Cambridge, what the hell did you two do?"

Over the lines, static roared and seemed to cackle evilly as Cambridge panted out his answer. "The general... he had white phosphorous and explosives... the bastard tried to burn us alive in there."

"Perfect. How are you guys doing?"

Another rush of static drowned out all noise for a second before Cambridge came back on the line. "Running. Damn fireball is chasing us down the hall, we're in the east wing."

Yulai squinted at the compund. "Can't see it." he said.

"Look you pathetic simpleton it's the part where all the smoke is pouring out of!"

"Going to have to be more specific than that."

"The part where the cieling is gone!"

"Warmer..."

"Yeah I can tell, I'm sweating off the liters as we spaek!"

"This way," shouted Epsilon above the screaming flames. Snow hissed as it hit the flames, Cambridge doing a ninty degree angle down the sidehallway as the flames roared past them. There weren't safe yet though; the flames were following them down this hall, albiet slightly slower now that they were going through a floor covered by a large amount of slushy snow and frost.

"How far till the end of the hallway!" Cambridge shouted at Epsilon. Fog misted over his sunglasses, allowing him to see only a short distance away.

"About four hundred meters, why?"

"Screw it, windows are a great way to get out!"

Cambridge shoved Epsilong through the windows to their right, the coiling fire swallowing the area that they had just left as the fell into the snowbank. Flames lept out of the window in a pattern, blue at and purple at their center.

"Well that worked," remarked Epsilon lazily as he gulped air as quickly as his lungs would allow.

As if in response, the building groaned and the entire wall sloughed off one side, revealing an interconnected web of blinking C4 lights, canisters, and boxes marked "DANGER: HIGH EXPLOSIVE".

"You had to say that didn't you?" They both picked themselves up and ran, dashing hundreds of meters away from the wall.

"Huh, looks like they were right." Yulai remarked. "Delta, you probably were a little too liberal with those ATRs that you were using."

The other man shrugged over the comm lines, the frost crackling as he moved. "Maybe, maybe not. It worked though right?"

"Yep sure did. Plus I get to see the mighty Epsilon and little Cambridge run as fast as chickens with their heads cut off."

"You would have pissed yourself in that situation."

"Shut up Delta."

The entire eastern side of the compund exploded in light as the collective accelarants lit up at the same time. A fireball almost two miles high roared upwards into the clouds, a funeral pyre for all the dead inside.

"Well we survived." Epsilon had a mouth full of snow after they had been tossed fourty meters by the explosion. "That wasn't so bad."

"Don't open your mouth you thickhead, unless you want fate to come back and try to finish us off."

"Fine." Epsilon picked himself and Cambridge up off of the bank of snow, brushing the snow off of himself. "We succeeded, time to report back."

"We didn't succeed, we just tipped off the town of Laughing Jack six miles away. That plume of fire was recorded on satellite and on seismographs as far away as New York."

"So? We completed the mission after all."

Yulai ran his fingers through his coarse black hair. "You fool, he shot himself, we wanted him alive. At least Washington decided that they don't need him alive anymore."

"Hmmm, always knew that old Ames would end up this way."

"Don't we all, but that's not the point."

"Yes it is, he's dead, especially after that fireball, and now we have our next assignment to do." Epsilon leaned forward and steepled his hands. "So what's the next target?"

"Fellow from the Nachrichtenkorps here on our soil."

"Oh boy, ought to be a lot of fun."

"Should be, but don't get carried away. Remember the oath."

"Do no harm, for we protect the weak and the ignorant from what they do not know. We protect the realm from the ill actions of others. Everything that we do is in the greater scheme of things, and the ends justify the means. We shall keep this vigil till we are interred in the stone tombs of our forefathers for others to take up our legacy."

"Precisely. We leave in twelve hours."

Hope enjoyed, next history update is in two days or so.

awesome,

But we still don't know if they are the bad guys or not..... they could be misguided ;) :p

but you promised :cry:

:lol:

Just playing mind games with you guys. :lol:

Epsilon and Cambridge are my favorite two characters to mess around with in the story. By far the favorite ones I have created so far, though both are a little psychotic.

EDIT: In all seriousness though I do plan to reveal if they are protagonists/antagonists.

EDIT: In all seriousness though I do plan to reveal if they are protagonists/antagonists.
yep....suuuuuuuuuuure

Washington. City of Amerika, the young and steadily growing nation. From this citadel upon a hill, Amerika slowly grows in power to soon embark upon it's goals set forth by Zacharias the Undying.

Scouts continued to move along and explore much of the wildlands and the entire continent. Wild animals of all sorts could be seen; herds of horses, wild elephants, packs of jaguars, and much more everywhere. The thing that Washington feared more than anything else was the threat of rivals upon the continent, unfriendly rivals at that.

Egyptian warriors themselves scouted the borders of Washington and the tiny Amerikan Empire, but were not allowed to enter since the time of feasting once the warriors had been met and seen coming to the capital itself. The god-king Ramsay XIV traded a little bit with Amerika, but the two nations seldom came together.

Scouts soon encountered the Argentenian lords of the coast, a fierce people led by a man with pale eyelids and lashes. Many referred to his line as simply "the Ghost Men", with their mismatched skin tones. The Amerikans were disturbed by this but still opened contact with this strange sort of people and carried on many meetings with them in the capitals of Buenos Aires and Washington.

Amerikan farmers and warriors began to learn how to hunt wild animals, a value thing to teach the scouts who had often subsisted on any plant life and slow moving animals that they could easily take down.

Scouts soon reached the borders of the Rus lands, cold and harsh they were for so close to the center of the world. The scouts initially were going to see if they could gain access to the city of Moscow, but were turned aside by the bearded and fur cloaked Russian farmers. The farmers wielding stone hoes and pitchforks, but from the way they killed an elk they knew how to use them. Amerika's scouts quickly decided to move on. And fast.

Workers continued to improve the land around Washington, under orders from the leader Torry. The mandate to improve the land stemmed from him wanting to better the area around the capital to help expand the capital to new heights and reaches.

For the first time in recorded history, scourts directly reached the coast of the great continent, sending records of their accomplishment back to Washington along with samples and examples of the life and the curious workings of the biome.

Internal war games were held amongst the soldiers of the nation, with the Flock of Humphrey the Crow emerging victorious. These men had the valor of getting several high ranking military officers, who were able to learn faster from their encounters in batle and combat.

So, what do you guys think? Another timeline update or a fluff update?

Peron is scary :eek: No preference on what comes next :)

This update was good, because it advanced the progress of the actual game. I don't mind what way you go.

Top Bottom