Governments and Politics

OOC: a basic strategy... well there is the tried and true method, kowtow to the big three :lol:

other than that you should be doing everything possible to gain power: getting land, getting businesses, wheedling your way into government. All in the interests of eventually being "The One" at the end of the game. Basically this game is all about politics (think game of thrones).

-

IC: You are accepted into the Church of Mazda, indeed I appoint you temporary administrator of the Hierarchy of Persepolis (appointed provisional-Hierarch) until such time as the fate of its Hierarch Bahadur, who was kidnapped along the way, can be discerned.

I most humbly accept the position offered me by our esteemed High Priest. My thoughts and prayers are with Bahadur and his family. May he return safely to his home and position.

ooc: You might like to alter whether people can see if your online or not. Its rather disconcerting (and bad if people want to actually backdoor discuss with you) to see you post and have you "online" indicator remain eerily grey.

Reporting back after a few days of inactivity. I finished some RL stuff and hopefully made business calcs more efficient :D

I shall be starting to update these days to hopefully post the update in the weekend.

I have noted the new appointments of King Arsalan II, and the new slavery laws.

@Filli Noctus: Purchase of the mountain has been noted, and Jehoshua is correct about how the primary character is chosen

Welcome to Governments and Politics swimandciv :)

The Triumvirate: Power and Politics in Persia
The Triumvirate: Power and Politics in Persia by Darius Chgrogers Tambien has been released! It analyzes the influence of the Triumvirate over the centuries, and the impacts it has had on Persian politcs and society. To get this great work of modern literature, all you have to do is buy a copy for 3 gold! To buy a book fill out the order form below and send it to Tambien and Civleader or post it here. As always, the current King of Kings may ask for a free copy.

Name: (character's name)
Book Title: (The Triumvirate: Power and Politics in Persia)
Quantity: (The number of copies you are ordering)

If you do order a book, I will have to send it to you by PM in 2 parts. I reccomend that you paste the book into Word or any document making software and create a GaP Library Folder, in which you place the book.

Thanks!

PS- Please see my thread in the SG for some notes on my books.

I also would like to announce that with the publication of this book the History of the Sumerian Revolution shall go out of print.

This is an interesting book, although I fear that it has several factual errors that undermine its credibility, at least in the copy my father bought that I have read.

For example it states that my grandfather Cyrus Artaparsi beseiged Persepolis with an army. Now that might make for good drama but every historian worth his salt knows that this simply isn't the case. Any analysis of the records of the time shows he simply walked in with his guard and with the support of House Sayeh after the divine wrath was poured out on the conspirators, and through his authority restored order to Persepolis and the King Arsalan I to the throne. Incidentally that divine wrath is something the author also neglects to mention, favouring instead a revisionist and absurd proposal that my grandfather assasinated the conspirators without anything so much as objective evidence or sources to corroborate his proposition.

In my opinion this work does provide a fairly good analysis of politics in persia according to the 'triumvirate theory' and is definitely worth a read to gain a perspective of Persian history from liberally inclined eyes. However in my opinion it fails the objectivity test and likewise lacks credibility through containing easily repudiatable factual errors and thus must be taken more as a perspective on history rather than as a simple exegesis of known fact.

Perhaps I should write a book on this topic to provide a more objective view of historical events and politics. Something to consider I suppose...

-

- Jehangir Artaparsi

Half of the records I've seen of this incident tell of a hard fought siege, and of a slim loss by the rebels.

ooc: :p haha Kidding, kidding...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=429172&page=59

-

The records of the day, (archive number 1179 for those interested) show differently, they clearly show that upon the call for a restoration by the true King and the High Priest, the people of Persepolis spontaneously rose up. Hardly a case of Cyrus Artaparsi coming to Persepolis with an army.

The same documents from the time show that he came as part of a rescue caravan to restore order in Persepolis after the retribution of Mazda fell upon the conspirators. Without an army I might add.

- Jehangir Artaparsi

These are government and media documents recorded from the brief time the conspirators themselves were in power, and also from during the brief regency of Cyrus Artaparsi. They are corroborated in every source contemporaneous to the time, and are beyond question as to their accuracy.

- Jehangir Artaparsi

Although I have not yet read the latest work of Tambien I can confirm that Jehangir's account matches what my father told me when he recounted his recollections of the Time of Chaos. Unlike anyone else contributing to the discussion, he was there.

It is very clear that there is much that is unknown regarding those sad times in Persia's history.

It is unsurprising that the official documents back up the Artaparsi and Noctus families statements as they were written by the survivors and victors of the troubles, which were to all intents and purposes, those two families and their supporters.

Those who might have reported an alternative sequence of events from that time (along the lines of what I suspect is written in Tambien's book, although I have not read it) which condemn the actions of those restoring King Arsalan to the throne, have not been permitted to remain in any position of power (indeed in most cases were murdered) - although their version of events would likely have been equally biased towards their own cases. Indeed my mother has related stories to me of my father's death and I am fairly sure that she has embellished these to impress me.

I think all fair-minded, intelligent Persians can see through the rhetoric and appreciate that the true course of events lies somewhere between the two extremes given. Neither 'side' should be proud of that time in Persia's history although it would be fair to say that the tragedies that unfolded at that time were the precursor to significant improvements in Persian society and politics as a whole.

It is very clear that there is much that is unknown regarding those sad times in Persia's history.

It is unsurprising that the official documents back up the Artaparsi and Noctus families statements as they were written by the survivors and victors of the troubles, which were to all intents and purposes, those two families and their supporters.

Those who might have reported an alternative sequence of events from that time (along the lines of what I suspect is written in Tambien's book, although I have not read it) which condemn the actions of those restoring King Arsalan to the throne, have not been permitted to remain in any position of power (indeed in most cases were murdered) - although their version of events would likely have been equally biased towards their own cases. Indeed my mother has related stories to me of my father's death and I am fairly sure that she has embellished these to impress me.

I think all fair-minded, intelligent Persians can see through the rhetoric and appreciate that the true course of events lies somewhere between the two extremes given. Neither 'side' should be proud of that time in Persia's history although it would be fair to say that the tragedies that unfolded at that time were the precursor to significant improvements in Persian society and politics as a whole.

You are not unreasonable in your assertions if indeed however you are false.

For example you accuse murder as solid fact without any corroborating evidence whatsoever and when divine intervention in the world is known from that period of history in relation to King Arsalan (the Miracle of Babylon for instance) making divine retribution against hte conspirators indeed the likely option, and almost definitely the correct one.

Either way I would suggest to my fellow lords that we leave this controversial book behind us. It is not becoming of us to squabble over a controversial and inconsequential author when we, like my good father the High Priest should be working instead for the good of Persia instead of joining the fray of gossip and opinion making.

- Jehangir Artaparsi

The only notable citizen whose death was unambiguously murder was Tanto Sayeh, who sided with the loyalists.

Top Bottom