The Conquests

Then do the Mayans or Aztecs. Please. We want interesting updates, not boring ones.

Well, the Inca aren't boring to play as, they just aren't as interesting as the Mayans and Aztecs are.

In that case, do the Mayans. I've always found them my favorite in that Conquest.

The Incans' Expansionist trait would hurt them, furthermore. I suppose in retrospect, the Industrious Maya would be a better idea. At least, if one wants an easier job, since Industrious is pretty much always useful, unlike many of the other traits.

Congrats on a thrilling victory. Well played good sir.

And yeah, Maya sounds good. My memory of CivIII is a bit hazy, but the Industrious trait should be good at getting all that damned jungle out of the way. Unleash those wacky Jaguar spear throwers!

The jungle's not actually that bad, at least in comparison to normal jungle. I'll probably get rid of most of it, though. ;)

Mayans it is, then.

Congratulations on your victory! :goodjob: I'd agree that the Mayans are a good choice for the Mesoamerican campaign.

I'd vote for the USA for the WWII scenario. You get some good sea battles that way. It takes a while to get rolling with them though.

Hey, one campaign at a time, guys, I'll get to WWII eventually. Probably some time near the end of next year, at my current rate. :lol:

lurker's comment: *A lurker emerges from the shadows*

Dropping by again. Good job with the win in the Conquest, now onto the bloodiest of all of them :mwaha:

*Lurker slips away*

:hide:

I'm trying out this conquest as the Incans, some thoughts later.

Thoughts: (I played on Regent for 50 turns or so)

Interestingly enough, the Incans seem like they could be used quite powerfully. Yes, isolated they are, but with the Moche to their north, they could very easily take them, and have a massive empire quickly. One thing I will say, is go for Storytelling as a tech, and build the Temple of the Moon (basically the ToE of this conquest). I picked up Warrior Code and Ceremonial Burial from goody huts, and was sending 7 archers to deal with the Moche when bedtime called me. I won't save the game, but I was having fun as the Inca.

Prologue: The City of Gold and Chichen Pot Pies

Smoke-Jaguar admired the view from his palace. It was a bright, sunny day that had followed nearly a week of torrential downpours. Such things tended to happen a lot, as Chichen Itza was, after all, in the middle of a jungle, where it tends to rain a lot. Not that the Mayans he ruled over were aware of much else- they knew little beyond the small peninsula they lived on when it came to geography and weather.

Some might not really understand how the Mayans could do so well in such a rain forest that makes it difficult to grow food or use the land for anything else. Such fools- how they failed to understand how to find perfectly good food in a place that was literally made of edible things was a mystery to Jaguar, as was how they didn't know how to improve it without getting rid of the jungle, or how they didn't know how not to get killed by things in it.

Smoke-Jaguar had been told the date was "300 AD" by someone. He wondered what that meant- what happened 300 years ago, exactly? Nothing important he knew about. Maybe the person was a god, or something. He'd seen weirder things than that. In any case, they could have their weird, arbitrary calendar, and he'd use his weird, arbitrary calendar.

He didn't command over much, at the moment, just the small city of Chichen Itza and its population, a couple of people who wanted to fight, a couple of people who wanted to improve the land, and a couple of people who wanted to leave the city and head elsewhere.

Before sending them to do anything, he consulted his scientists for advice on what to fund money into. After much discussion, they agreed that they should come up with a way of recording things so that they wouldn't have to remember everything in their head.

The Settlers were sent out of the city to build a new one not long after, and the warriors were assigned to accompany them. Where they'd go they weren't exactly sure. Somewhere to the South, and maybe west, probably, as the Mayan maps indicated that was the only other direction there was land.

The workers, lacking much else to do, went to the shiny yellow rocks outside the city. They couldn't exactly bring more water up here without a large nearby source of fresh water, but it wasn't like they needed it. Other improvements to the terrain would do just fine.

Maybe they could use the rocks for something, although as far as Smoke-Jaguar could tell, their only value was in pretty sculptures and thrones.

Well, who cares? His throne was pretty sweet, and he couldn't argue with adding more gold to his palace.

Last edited:
As far as I know, the Conquistadors won't really appear... But I've always wondered if that was a bug (and yes, I played to, say, 1600). So, what exactly happens? Only some ships, or actual armies, or...?

Top Bottom