Community Call to Power Project

No sorry the front page only says this:
Extract the zip file and place the folder (Community Call to Power Project) in your Mods directory (Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS). Enable the mod in the MODS section of the game and play away
Nothing about a readme and it's a pretty long thread. It's not just the real world map I'm having this problem with.

@ Curswine

Im taking it you have downloaded the Version by Firesforever? Think its the 3rd post down on the first page. Checked that it has extracted to the correct destination and installed properly? For now Im goign to asume all this is correct.

Now go too:- ..Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5 and locate Config.ini, the very first line is:- EnableTuner = 0 change this too EnableTuner = 1.

Now search for LoggingEnabled = and make sure this is also set too LoggingEnabled = 1, Save the file and close it. Now boot Civ5 and try to start a game with only CCTP Enabled. If the map fails to load or the game crashes, Goto:- ...Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/logs zip or rar up all the file sin this folder and post them here.

I completed all the steps you told me to do, loaded up a normal game with just CCTP mod selected, random map type, game loaded fine but there was still no resources to be found, the game works normally except for just this.

Just tried a game loaded with only the real world map and that had no resources on the map either. Must be something wrong with how my game loads them in mods because with none selected the games plays as normal with random resources to be found everywhere. Strange.

Here you go, the only 'resources' I can find are atolls and oasis'.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    74.8 KB · Views: 59
Somthing i forgot to ask, you are patched upto date? 1.1.383 I think.

[98999.981] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Shanda\Documents\My Games\Sid Meie..."]:240: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'option_modifier' (a nil value)
[98999.981] Runtime Error: Error loading C:\Users\Shanda\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Community Call to Power Project (v 1)\Terrain/New Resource/AddNewResource.lua.

This is the poroblem, its caused by the custom resource generator I think, Not sure to the solution directly since I have not used it in a few months, I removed it with this. Instructions for installation:-

Spoiler :
Firstly Download the rar file at the bottom of this post.
Now Navigate to:- ......MyDocuments/MyGames/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS/Community Call to Power Project (v 1)/Terrain/New Resource

Select these 4 files:- AddNewResource.lua, ResGenerator.lua, ResGeneratorFunctions.lua, Saveutils.lua

Move them to ...MyDocuments or zip them up into a Zip file and delete them from the folder(Keeping the zip archive of them).

Open the file you downloaded from this post. You will find 3 files inside.

Extract ResourceNew.xml too :- ......MyDocuments/MyGames/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS/Community Call to Power Project (v 1)/Terrain/New Resource
Extract AssignStartingPlots.lua & Community Call to Power Project (v 1).MODINFO too :- ......MyDocuments/MyGames/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS/Community Call to Power Project (v 1)

Overwrite when promted to do so.
And your done.

USING THIS will make the Realnameearthmap mod incompatible.

Yeah I was patched up to the latest version.

Tried your fix that you posted and it worked a treat. Thanks a lot for all the support.

Decided to combine information regarding getting CCTP working on most random mapscripts and the 1's system into 1 post to stop some confusion.

When dealing with mods it is wise to have debug logging enabled and also to have FireTuner allowed to connect to the game, this requires you to edit Config.ini.

Editing Config.ini

Spoiler :
Go too:- ..Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5 and locate Config.ini, the very first line is:- EnableTuner = 0 change this too EnableTuner = 1.

Now search for LoggingEnabled = and make sure this is also set too LoggingEnabled = 1, Save the file and close it.

You must have the SDK to be able to use the Firetuner, it is the last option when you start up the SDK.

More Map Types

Spoiler :
Attached to this post is the fixed AssignStartingPlots.lua, that I have been testing with the Resource Generator mod removed from CCTP(since my changes in AssignStartingPlots will do the same thing). In order for you to test this lua you will also have to remove said files from CCTP.

Installation

Firstly Download the MoreMapTypes.rar file at the bottom of this post.
Now Navigate to:- ......MyDocuments/MyGames/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS/Community Call to Power Project (v 1)/Terrain/New Resource

Select these 4 files:- AddNewResource.lua, ResGenerator.lua, ResGeneratorFunctions.lua, Saveutils.lua

Move them to ...MyDocuments or zip them up into a Zip file and delete them from the folder(Keeping the zip archive of them).

Open the file you downloaded from this post. You will find 3 files inside.

Extract ResourceNew.xml too :- ......MyDocuments/MyGames/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS/Community Call to Power Project (v 1)/Terrain/New Resource
Extract AssignStartingPlots.lua & Community Call to Power Project (v 1).MODINFO too :- ......MyDocuments/MyGames/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS/Community Call to Power Project (v 1)

Overwrite when promted to do so.
And your done.

The 1's System and More Map Types

Spoiler :
Attached to this post is CCTP 1s System & More Maps v7.rar which changes CCTP back to the 1's system (Also Includes my MoreMapTypes).
Is it balanced? Probably not.

Install Instructions

If you do not have Winrar you should download and install it now.

Place the downloaded CCTP1's System & More Maps v7.rar in .....Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Cvilization V/MODS/Community Call to Power Project (v 1)

Right click and select extract here, overwrite all files when promted to do so.

Select these 4 files:- AddNewResource.lua, ResGenerator.lua, ResGeneratorFunctions.lua, Saveutils.lua. Move them to ...MyDocuments or zip them up into a Zip file and delete them from the folder(Keeping the zip archive of them).
Done!

UPDATED 19/11/2011 - CCTP 1's System - Feedback on AI Gold spending & City Placement. Unit maintenace would be awsome :)

One last thing, hope I'm not being too annoying here.

What should I be doing to get the resources to show on the real world map or is this not possible?

It is probably possible, but I know so little about lua all my attempts to get pre made maps to work have failed :)

So noticed 2 issues with the 1's system, you still get the 5's on the center city tile. Not sure where to change this so any help would be great :)

Do you have you some Screenshots of Units...anew Unitsgraphics?!?!
Or are they the same as in the Vanillaversion?!?!

Only the WWII English Unit Pack is currently included, any other additional units are using vanilla graphics(Mainly in Epic Speed Mod).

Finally played far enough as the British to get some of the WW2 units last night. The Spitfires don't show up as planes during the ground attack animation. It's band of infantry running across the map at high speed, attacking and returning to base. Weird huh? Didn't think to grab a screen shot, but if you'd like, I can post one.

Minor thing I've just noticed: Upgrading a worker to civil engineer, cost more gold than rush buying a fresh one from a city.

Only the WWII English Unit Pack is currently included, any other additional units are using vanilla graphics(Mainly in Epic Speed Mod).

:( What a pity...

Then it still makes no sense to play Civ5...
... but one more reason to continue to develop my Civ4 Mod...;)

Oh..sorry for the german sentence!^^

Can someone post what this mod adds?

Can someone post what this mod adds?

:scan: Thats some ask! Check the first few posts here, since this mod is a continuation of PCTP. I'll try too make a comprehensive list though of whats in it, may take some time!

Top Bottom