C2C: Maps & Scenarios

Hi Guys! I thought we could open a Map-Thread, specially containing C2C compatible Maps & Scenarios.

I just reworked Rons Standard Earth, adding all more or less new C2C res like walrus, seal, olives, sulphur, bison, camel, timber etc...

Nice! Thanks for making a this thread.

Can we make a listing of the included /desired maps/mapscripts at the beginning of this thread and the main C2C one?

I think we need a central thread with listings to individual threads for discussion on improving each one. I think it is better to stay organized.
If you continue using this thread please list and organize the ideas in the first post.
Here is my example of a reworking.

C2C: Maps & Scenarios
Hi Guys! I thought we could open a Map-Thread, specially containing C2C compatible Maps & Scenarios.

Here is an updated list of what we have so far:
The best standard size C2C earth map - A x B sized
----location of attached file------
included in V20 - working in SVN and V20
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t= (standard map discussion thread)

A C2C updated GEM -Giant Earth Map - A x B sized
included in V20 - working in SVN not currently v19
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t= (C2C GEM map discussion thread)

C2C updated perfectworld F map script
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t= (C2C perfectworld F discussion thread)

C2C perfect moongoose map script
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t= (C2C perfect moongoose discussion thread)

Scenario 1- Dawn of Man
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t= (C2C dawn of man scenario discussion thread)

Scenario 2 - Normal Civ IV start (without prehistoric) and civ locations
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t= (C2C Normal Civ IV start discussion thread)

Scenario 3 - etc.

It would be nice to eventually see, Rome, Medieval, World War I, World War II, Cold War, Future, and Space Race starting scenarios with accurate starting locations and included civs.
A map and scenario main thread sticky would also keep the main discussion focused.

I don't have enough time to polish this to push it to SVN right now, but I wanted to make this available for you to try before I stop working on C2C for a few hours.

Please let me know if the attached DLL makes your game playable again...

Edit - oops - attached now

OK it went to the next turn this time, in about 4 minutes, but then the next turn i get another WfOC:sad:

OK it went to the next turn this time, in about 4 minutes, but then the next turn i get another WfOC:sad:

Next turn is playing ok for me. Takes about as long as the previous (so should be about 4 minutes for you). You're saying it totally locks up and never completes? (so far as you can tell).

Apart from the big issue I fixed in the private version I made for you (which I'll be pushing a cleaned up version of to SVN later today) there are definately other interesting bottlenecks in that game which I may well be able to do something about, but I'm not seeing a total hang here.

Next turn is playing ok for me. Takes about as long as the previous (so should be about 4 minutes for you). You're saying it totally locks up and never completes? (so far as you can tell).

Apart from the big issue I fixed in the private version I made for you (which I'll be pushing a cleaned up version of to SVN later today) there are definately other interesting bottlenecks in that game which I may well be able to do something about, but I'm not seeing a total hang here.

I waited over 6 minutes and just gave up?? plus i have my graphics card set to Optimal Performance, and NO quality at all.

I waited over 6 minutes and just gave up?? plus i have my graphics card set to Optimal Performance, and NO quality at all.

It has nothing at all to do with graphics. Let me know if it completes if you give it 10 minutes or so. Your turns in that game are certainly slow, but frankly that's down the several thousand units your two big AI opponents own, coupled with the fact that at least one of them is war planning or executing.

It's certainly an excellent save game for me to work on, and I'm sure I can reduce the time it takes, but you have a fundamentally VERY busy game going on there for the AI.

It has nothing at all to do with graphics. Let me know if it completes if you give it 10 minutes or so. Your turns in that game are certainly slow, but frankly that's down the several thousand units your two big AI opponents own, coupled with the fact that at least one of them is war planning or executing.

It's certainly an excellent save game for me to work on, and I'm sure I can reduce the time it takes, but you have a fundamentally VERY busy game going on there for the AI.

I tell you what, i will do a NEW game, because i now added Australia/Rome and England to the mix and see what happens from there:)

Hi people! I need a help. I want to start a one civilization game on the World map and wait for other civilizations to spawn from barbarians. The problem is that barbarian cities do not appear on the map as early as I want. In my last game I have already found 4 religions but I haven't met even one barbarian city. My question is how can I modify that barbarian cities appear earlier and form civilization also earlier?

I'm trying to use this mod, which is excellent by the way, but I can't find an earth map. The Earth2 map option is not Earth at all. The only earth map I could find was by playing a scenario made by somebody else but in that scenario I start as a minor civ even when I turn it off.

Anyone able to help me get a realistic earth map(the bigger the better) that I can use for a game where I choose how many civs and all the rules?

Hi people! I have a noobie question but help me please.

What I want - I want a 13 civilization Giant Earth Map with me playing Mali with starting place in Mesopotamia (right where Sumeria starts) and other 12 civilizations to be random and randomly placed on the map. What should I change in notepad of the map?
I have edited Giant Earth Map - No preset, and put Mansa Musa and Mali for Team=0 with starting position x=52, y=49. But when I want to start custom scenario only one civilization is playable. What should I change else? Thank you in advice

@Korvac
Probably an older version you are using,
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=431123&page=6
Post #101 was the last update I did (midterm week) so I've been busy.

@tebriz, You need to just edit the 'Player' portion, I don't know what other civs you want in the map so I don't know what to put down or you in code exactly... so if you give me a list I can give you the code to copy over that section.

Never mind Acularius,
I have edited the map and created a 13-civilization map.
I am Mali starting in Mesopatamia (this is personal, Mali is my favourite civilization - scientific + financial, and I love starting in Mesopotamia, it seems like center of the world for me :p)
Other civilizations in the game are - Egypt(Ramesses) and Carthage in Africa. In Europe I have Greece(Alexander), Rome(Julius), Vikings and Celts(Brennus)(I have moved their starting position to Holy Roman spot). In Asia I have India(Asoka), Qin Shi(China), Japan and Khmer(their starting position was too weak so I moved them to the spot where Siam start). And in Americas there are Mayas and Incas. I tried to use ancient civilizations and make the map balanced. I can upload this scenario here if anyone is interested

Never mind Acularius,
I am Mali starting in Mesopatamia (this is personal, Mali is my favourite civilization - scientific + financial, and I love starting in Mesopotamia, it seems like center of the world for me :p)
Other civilizations in the game are - Egypt(Ramesses) and Carthage in Africa. In Europe I have Greece(Alexander), Rome(Julius), Vikings and Celts(Brennus)(I have moved their starting position to Holy Roman spot). In Asia I have India(Asoka), Qin Shi(China), Japan and Khmer(their starting position was too weak so I moved them to the spot where Siam start). And in Americas there are Mayas and Incas. I tried to use ancient civilizations and make the map balanced. I can upload this scenario here if anyone is interested

Japan is actually a fairly strong position, isolated island means that noone is landing and barbarian hordes are easy to manage. That means you improvements are set for LIFE, unfortunately Tokugawa is a fairly weak leader(in my opinion) and doesn't get the most out of that land. You can easily expand onto the island chains thoughout Asia and just pull off 'The Fleet is our wooden wall' doctrine and you'll be fine. The coast of China is equally rich and great to expand upon.

Either way, I do agree that Mesopotamia feels like the Center of the world, and in some cases the Fertile Crescent was considered that important.

To each his own and I pla on doing some updating on the map this weekend since I don't have any more upcoming midterms or assignments that need doing.

Japan is actually a fairly strong position, isolated island means that noone is landing and barbarian hordes are easy to manage. That means you improvements are set for LIFE, unfortunately Tokugawa is a fairly weak leader(in my opinion) and doesn't get the most out of that land. You can easily expand onto the island chains thoughout Asia and just pull off 'The Fleet is our wooden wall' doctrine and you'll be fine. The coast of China is equally rich and great to expand upon.

Either way, I do agree that Mesopotamia feels like the Center of the world, and in some cases the Fertile Crescent was considered that important.

To each his own and I pla on doing some updating on the map this weekend since I don't have any more upcoming midterms or assignments that need doing.

I play with normal barbarian activity (Raging Barbarians off), so barbarians doesn't affect continental civilizations a lot. So Japan doesn't have any special advance, it was in the middle of the rating list my last game where I played till 4th century. I changed 3 things in scenario after that game. Placed Celts in game because otherwise Rome has big advantage (Europe land is rich!!), changed Pericles with Alexander (Greece had an advantage too, and I think Alexander is not as good as Pericles), and moved Khmer as I said before. Will test this game again tomorrow.

If you're updating a coupe of comments:

1. DH has added a couple of new resources (I forget the details but check the svn thread), which will ideally need placing
  2. I am currently playing as the iroquois on the 28 civ version. The Aztecs did horribly, because they cannot expand into sou America due to mountains - might want to leave a pass. Note that I was playing wi the realistic culture spear option, which makes their start position even worse

Note that I was playing wi the realistic culture spear option, which makes their start position even worse
[/LIST]

Realistic cultural spread needs a bit of work. Higher priority needs to be given to plots with resources no matter what the terrain and roads should influence the spread. The chopping of trees outside your border to infulence spread always seemed wrong to me also.

@Acularius

Just thought this would be helpful to you for resource distribution. While working on the many crop buildings i would frequent wikipeda and learn some new stuff about them, specifically where crops originated. Here is a list of resources and where they were originally from.

Almond = Middle East and Indus Valley
Apple = Turkey (Asia Minor)
Banana = Southeast Asia, Eastern India, Southern China (See Map)
Barley = Fertile Crescent
Coffee = Ethiopia
Corn = Southeast Mexico
Cotton = Indus Valley
Dye (Indigo) = ?
Fig = Middle East
Flax = Eastern Mediterranean to India
Hemp = Central Asia and South Asia
Incense (Frankincense) = Arabian Peninsula and in North Africa
Lemons = Southern India, northern Burma and China
Mango = Northern India, Burma, and Western Malaysia
Melon (Watermelon) = Southern Africa
Olives = Mediterranean Basin, western Asia and northern Africa
Opium = Middle East
Papaya = Southern Mexico, Central America and Northern South America
Papyrus = Egypt
Potatoes = Southern Peru
Pumpkin = North America
Rice = Yangtze River valley in China
Rubber = South America
Spices (Cinnamon)= China? Egypt?
Squash = North America (yeah all of them)
Sugar = India and Southeast Asia.
Tea = Asia and Southeast Asia
Tobacco = North America
Wheat = Middle East
Wine = Georgia, Iran and Armenia

Not sure if this helps for map making, but it thought it was interesting.

Never mind Acularius,

I am interested^^ What mapsize is it?

And is there a Turorial for Map-making? The Only Way I know is starting a game and use the Worldbuilder, but then u cant choose your Civilization without do it all again...

And is there a Tutorial for Map-making? The Only Way I know is starting a game and use the Worldbuilder, but then u cant choose your Civilization without do it all again...

I was just looking through the tutorial's and i was surprised that there really aren't any on Maps:crazyeye:

But its really pretty easy "once you get the hang of it," that is.

First thing is to find a map you want to use.
If it already has civs on it, then it's alot more complicated, because you'd have to go through all the lines of the map and delete the TeamReveals/BeginCity/BeginUnit etc.

But you need to edit the WB map you want with notepad or something like it. Then there is no more need for the WB.

There used to be a utility for making maps but i haven't really done one in three or so years, when i used to make maps for CFC. I have like 200 maps, but i wont do an Earth Map, too many critics and to many things that can go wrong.

Best thing to do it always have back-ups of everything you do, that way "just incase.":p

And is there a Turorial for Map-making? The Only Way I know is starting a game and use the Worldbuilder, but then u cant choose your Civilization without do it all again...

It the map which is in v20 - Giant Earth Map, I just change starting civilizations to make game more playable and interesting.

I tested last map till year 100 - China found Druid Traditions and was a superpower - quite more powerfull than any other country.

Then I started a new game - I removed all goody huts and disabled random events (so I could test map in more fair way with no random things to infuence it). I moved my starting point one tile south, moved Celts 3 tiles east from Holy Roman starting place - otherwise Rome expands in Eastern Europe, kinda weird - in this way they expanded in France and I think it is more cool and corect way :) and it worked. Next thing I changed, I removed Inca's and added Mongols instead to balance China. I tested this game till 100 but this time Mongols went superpower :D and I don't like it. Don't know what to do now - I will have to remove Mongols, but how to balance China? And I don't want to use Korea :-S

Top Bottom