Better Victory Screens... Please?

CivilizedPlayer

Warlord
Sorry but is there any chance that G&K will add better victory screens? When I manage conquer a dozen other civilizations, over the course of six thousand years, through culture, science, and military might, and all I get is a little picture and two sentences, I feel a little under-appreciated.
Am I the only one who feels this way?
I miss the old civ games Victory Screens, with the cutscenes (haven't played them in so long that I can't remember exactly what they are, I just remember that they were cool). So is there any chance that one of G&K's innumerable additions will be some halfway decent Victory Screens?

The pics are fine to me. Always found the videos kinda lame too. After all it's the same short sequence all over again as well.
What I really want is stats stats stats! Various graphs, maybe even some kind of timeline and whatnot. Whatever data can be pulled and is halfway interested should be presented in a nice way to the player after a game.

I'm glad someone posted this. Throne room? Capital city view from the ground to see your citizens cheering and all your glorious buildings shining in the sunlight?

All the other leaders bowing down to your awesomeness as they hand you the "crown?"

A victory parade?

Yes, there needs to be something more than... YOU WIN! THE END!!!

I would love more graphs and stuff, but I really want to see a helicopter fly over of my big cities with wonders and all of that. I think that would be spamazing.

I agree with all the above. I want more recognition for my hard work of exterminating the other leaders and winning! I am not satisfied with the "defeat"-scenes of the other leaders either :p Put the leaders in jail, or at least make them more humble and awestruck of my "august presence"! :D

The ideal victory celebration would not be a canned video, but rather something that was dynamic and specific to your achievements in that game. The throne room at least had the right idea in this sense.

However, to do this right would require a lot of effort, and there are dozens of problems with Civ V that are much higher priority to me. The current replay, ranking and hall of fame display would be sufficient if it were just better presented.

Yep would be nice

The ideal victory celebration would not be a canned video, but rather something that was dynamic and specific to your achievements in that game. The throne room at least had the right idea in this sense.

However, to do this right would require a lot of effort, and there are dozens of problems with Civ V that are much higher priority to me. The current replay, ranking and hall of fame display would be sufficient if it were just better presented.

I agree with everything said here. :goodjob:

Yup agree with all that, better rewards for so many hours playing.

I started a thread on 2K forums once but people didn't care much for it. Here's a little copy-paste from it. Hope you like my idea.
"I have an idea about victory movies: a stylish oil painting slideshow. An example for space victory : 1) spaceship is being build -> 2) people aboard the spaceship -> 3) A shot of it flying near the Moon -> 4) Lightspeed jump to the stars (Star wars-style) -> 5) Arrival at Alpha Centauri -> 6) A shot of a planet they will live on -> 7) A wide shot of the first human colony on Alpha Centauri with a lunar vehicle near it (like in Civ2).
It's rather cheap and will continue that lineup of awesome oil paintings. And it's a good alternative to CGI and will make finishing the game more satisfying."

The pics are fine to me. Always found the videos kinda lame too. After all it's the same short sequence all over again as well.
What I really want is stats stats stats! Various graphs, maybe even some kind of timeline and whatnot. Whatever data can be pulled and is halfway interested should be presented in a nice way to the player after a game.

This.

I love the screens, but what I have seen is an idea for a bunch of oil paintings in sequence, eg for the space victory:

- Spaceship on Launch pad
- With Earth behind
- Outer Space
- Current One
- Landing
- Colony

EDIT: Turns out MoonFlare posted it, good show!

I would love to see something similar with the leader intros, summarizing your game, with voice acting if possible.

For example, for a conquest victory, they could list your first conquest, your subsequent conquest, your inter-continental campaigns, how your enemies are furious but helpless against your military might, etc. etc.

Similarly, for a cultural victory, they could list your wonders, how you defended your territories with cunning diplomacy and faith, etc. etc.

Definitely would like better victory screens. A video would be nice, but not essential. Just something more... epic. And a better run-down of the stats and overall picture of how the game went.

YES! Give me stats and I am happy.

However I really really like the wonder videos in Civ II and Alpha Centauri.

They should probably do videos for these first if anything else (just some feedback for future products... AC2 anyone?)

The victory screen is just fine - just a placeholder to get to the valuable information.

Something like a "throne room" showing your course through the game.

So say a throne room with a map above the throne... with key changes your throne room changes

ie capture enemy capitals/last enemy city->their flag appears in your throne room

Research Space Race techs/ build Apollo program or change eras the throne room changes->objects are added/updated

Finish (or start) certain social policy trees->different things added/updated

Luxuries that you have more than one copy of (including export) appear in the throne room.

City States that are your allies->flags/symbols

I dont care for videos or epic graphics at the end of the game. All I want is a better replay at the end that has the notes of the game (ex: New York founded in 2300 BC) right next to it (like in civ 3). I liked this because it sort of wrote your civs history as you watched it unfold. Would be nice to have a detailed replay that shows wars as well.

I dont care for videos or epic graphics at the end of the game. All I want is a better replay at the end that has the notes of the game (ex: New York founded in 2300 BC) right next to it (like in civ 3). I liked this because it sort of wrote your civs history as you watched it unfold. Would be nice to have a detailed replay that shows wars as well.

Actually a "History Book" with Titles for each Era based on your activity (expansion, contact, buildings, combat, conquest, growth, Great Persons, social policies) would be interesting.

So
Ancient Rome:
Classical Rome:
Mideval Rome:
Renaissance Rome:
Industrial Rome:
Modern Rome:

And then you would have the replay for each section.... maybe have it as a City View on the bottom (of your Capital).. Map View on the top left, Title on the very top.. list of accomplishments on the right. (and major accomplishments of other civs)

I like the book idea... another idea would be one of those cool military old-school maps of the entire land showing your conquests on a time line with cool chess style pieces or something.

I forgot about wonder movies. How could I forget the joy of seeing wonder movies? I loved the educational slant that these gave the game.

Top Bottom