Realyn's Let's Play - Huge, Fractal, 18 Civs, Epic, Immortal

Enjoying these. Don't have the time or inclination to view the YouTube clips, but enjoying the text and screenies.

PS: was it Sisiutil you meant as the guy who did The All Leaders Challenge?

We pick up here. Like stated before the position south of Paris sucks balls. So I will attack them from north. Problem is: After 3-4 turns of moving units around his border I HAVE to declare if he asks me what I am doing. I'll get enough bad rep anyway.

I'm getting my second GG since I'll flank from two sides. Archer is going on a suicide scout mission sorry buddy.

Getting into position.

Like I said. On a roll!

Remember this screen and how it will look in 20 turns. Not only am I going to declare on France, also on England since seriously 5 or 6 Civs asked me to do it. Funny thing is ... I answered that I will do it in 10 turns. Most of them have allready settled for peace and I'm getting the Warmonger penalty whatever I do.

Nearly ready. The 2 swamps really help me out.

No horsehockytys. He has 3-4 units around my borders which is quite annoying.

Need to remove my archers. Declared the same turn.

Not bad so far. Remember: the goal is to starve him out and let him suicide his units ... or: exploiting bad AI :[.

, forgot to edit this one. Anyway, I was able to save the wounded swordsmen. Since he has medic he will become quite important to heal up my troops, look out for him later.

ASSAULT ! Well ... soon anyway.
Bottom right swordsmen is a CS gift with no upgrades. So I use him as a bait to bound enemy units.

Sorry, i made an error with encoding this video. It actually starts at 5:06. Everything before is the end of the video :(

Last units arriving. Can't/won't build anymore. Don't have any spare iron and I need to build a second army defending Rome.

See my archer scouting? If I hadn't popped him with a hut, I would have one or two scouts with me. You can't move a unit there into the dark.

Swamps saving my ass. Also got quite lucky that the cata survived with 1 hp. Thought about healing him for a while. Decided against it, since I had enough archers to take his place. Swordsmen on the hill is zoning out units.

Russia on the move.

Moving my medic out of danger, but still in range to heal the catapult.

I'll get a GS the same turn I finish CS. So I bulb Education and build the Porcelain Tower right away and bulb Machinery. Why Machinery? For the Armory and faster move on roads. Also wanna get Printing Press somewhat soon.

Just killing units for XP.

Guarded, Guarded, Guarded ... nobody wants to buy my borders and they only give me 160 gold for a luxury. Score wise obv looking very good. There are only 4 or so Civs on the other continent(s) and I doubt that theres a powerhouse looking at the demographics.

WTF. Not nice.

I failed to kill the swordsmen so he will prolly get a heal promotion and kill of my archer. Sucks since he has 3 promotions.

More free XP.

Russia luckily did not declare.

Jeez, this stuff takes a of time.

Doing upload AND screenies! I prefer uploading on youtube only :D. You can do other things while it uploads!

I'm still following.

Once again, nice Let's Play!

Yep, Sisiutil it was. Played another 90 minutes this morning. Encoding them right now and will post some stuff later on.

I was about to say the loads of pictures remind me of Sisiutil and aelf back in Civ 4 days.

It would be better if you let more people have their says on the next major move and have them debate with each other. We can all learn from the forum input.

Given the nice quality and those indicators on the graphs, I must say well done:goodjob:

It would be better if you let more people have their says on the next major move and have them debate with each other. We can all learn from the forum input.

Yeah sorry, I'll try to slow down ;). I simply played the initial 100 turns at once, because I didn't know how much feedback I'll get.

But still, even if I player a turnset - feel free to ask questions or start a discusion.

GS soon.

Getting Education.

And using my GE.

Look at Memphis

You won't believe what a pain in the ass it was moving stuff around.

Settled a new City.

Scouting along the shore. Mostly for the rift close to my capital.

Some more units for Rome.

Looking goooood! Most important for me is "Land" because the more tiles another powerhouse civ has, the more units it can spamm around.

SWAMPS :mad::mad::mad::mad:

No real defense ... and he's trying to counter attack ?!

I see what you are doing there ...

:eek:

Btw, I won't even post the Aztecs declearing on me lol. Happened another 2-3 times.

I bought walls for Rome. Even tho I got 3 catapults around I don't wanna take risks.

Building Notre Dame. Why? Why not. Wonderwise the starting position in combination with Egypt was pretty damn good.

Look at Heliopolus. Still pumping out units.

France's counterattack. Should be able to clean them off with the one archer+Paris

Paid 500 gold to Budapest. Allied them very early on, so they buffer against Russia.

Russia invading.

I'm not able to finish off the swordsmen, so he kills my catapult.

Look and laugh. Fail #1 attacking Lyon

Cleaning up russians at the same time.

Think that archer shoot once the whole war. Besides he just moved between those two mountains.

Fail #2 but who cares. Got another swordsmen, right?

Fail #3, you know how this will end.

**** off, attack the damn catapults.

Aztecs decleared on me ... :rolleyes:

This looks interesting.Russia and The Iriquois?

I was also wondering, what kind of victory are you going for?

Goodness!Have you got half the continent at war with you?!

This will be last turnset for today, since it gets really complicated. Also I'm going out soon to witness Bayern fail miserably.

Babylon declared on me and is marching on Paris.

I move some units to Paris for several reasons. Obv one would be, that Paris needs help. The one bought catapult wont be enough. Also I have too much units on one place and I get nervous about India's units.

Oh and yeah, I'm still healing my meele units for Lyon ...

Bought walls.

And I'm still aiming for Lyon.

Meanwhile Russia is still throwing units at Rome.

So are the Aztecs

I thought about refusing to gather some XP. But since I don't have any units near the city would do most of the dmg, so I agreed.

Finally got Lyon.

Nothing new.

Neither at Paris

So, thats it so far. Right now I have 3 seperate armys, each with a GG. A quick overview:

I see 4 real possibilities.

1)Get Copenhagen and build a harbor, so it gets connected. Then wipe out Denmark with a joined force from the left and middle Army.
2)Make peace with France, get Mumbai.
3)Grand River.
4)Russia.

I really do not like option 3 and 4. We don't know whats behind Grand River. Russia might be an option, because they have to be out of units at some point. But I don't like their City placement.

That is quite the war.

This is a fantastic LP. Really enjoying the screenshot format, and I do not think I'd have lasted close to as long as you have, let alone gone on to conquer and grind your foes as you have (so far)

Yeah sorry, I'll try to slow down ;). I simply played the initial 100 turns at once, because I didn't know how much feedback I'll get.

But still, even if I player a turnset - feel free to ask questions or start a discusion.

I think this series is good one for your reputation as now everyone knows the good pictures and nice videos you put together.

I guess a lot of fans will follow and like this kind of interaction with the thread opener. Basically post the starting location first, wait 1-2 days, ask everyone how will they do next, and then gather opinions and you make decision, at the next stop point probaly after a major early wonder beeline, ask again and wait for several days.

That way you will gather more fans in no time:)

Allright. I might start a map voting thread later today then. Do multi question pools work with this board? I'm thinking of following settings:

Big or Huge with 3/6 added civs
Map type up to vote
Immortal or Deity
Random leader
Epic

Like I said 2-3 times before - my problem with the NC strat and some Deity LP's is, that they are played on favourable settings in terms of map/civ. For me you can call yourself a Deity player if you win the majority of games on those randoms settings.

EEE_BOY, could you create the save game then, so I don't know which map it is? I'll have to try to not look at the little pictures if you press ESC ;).

Spoiler :

GE soon. He will bulb the Taj Mahal. Really need the Golden Age for gold.

Bought a libary. The last one will finish in six turns and Thebes can start the NC.

Conquered Lyon. I'm running a little low on units there.

I produced about 6 horseman the following turns. One for each army with heal and one with +1 visibility for scouting.

I've started to upgrade my catapults.

Hi there, nice to meet you, wanna trade?

Goodbye France.

Wiped out in one turn.

Backup units arriving. In case you have questions about upgrades, feel fry to ask.

Each of my 3 armys has:
-1 Swordsman with Cover 1 and Medic
-1 Archer with city attack
-3 Trebuchets with city attack
-2 Horsemen soon, one for scouting, one for healing.

Won't they ever stop ?

Gave 6 Happyness.

Top Bottom