G-Minor 140

Denniz

Where's my breakfast?
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

[size=+1](*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
[/size]​

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Conquest (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Chieftain
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Small
  • Map Type: Terra
  • Speed: Epic
  • Required: No Tribal Villages
  • Civ: Greece
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: 3.19.003
  • Date: 11th to 25th March 2012
Must not play as Inca.

The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Really map dependant. If you are lucky 2500 BC is possible i think, maybe even less. LOT of map rerolls are needed though.

3000BC or earlier is possible...100% map and RNG dependent.

2775BC is my best so far. Doesn't take long for each map to tell if I can beat that date, but very boring to re-roll so many times.

edit: Got a decent map, guessed correct where the AI were, and good RNG. 3050BC. Done with this one.

cas

OMG 3050BC. I reached like 1500 BC. I settled horse and killed with chariots. Enemies are just too far away for warriors. At least i thought that :)

Yeah it s really map dependant. And it is much easier than i expected. I never ever played on a low level like that :). Yeah now i see it s really some random stuff and not that much fun to play it...To admin: Next time give us harder levels pls:cool::nuke:

Yeah it s really map dependant. And it is much easier than i expected. I never ever played on a low level like that :). Yeah now i see it s really some random stuff and not that much fun to play it...To admin: Next time give us harder levels pls:cool::nuke:

it's not the level by itself. It's the level + map type + victory condition. Considering this is the 140th Gminor, there are going to be some combos that are overly easy.

conquest / chieftain / continents / high seas / Greece as an example would require some strategy even though it's the same level, VC, civ.

Anyway, you get a new Gminor every 2 weeks and at least the VC wasn't religious. :vomit:

cas

It is nice to have easier conditions once in awhile for those of us who aren't so good at the game. The best I've managed is 1000 BC.

Top Bottom