Realyn's Let's Play - Huge, Fractal, 18 Civs, Epic, Immortal

Allright. I might start a map voting thread later today then. Do multi question pools work with this board? I'm thinking of following settings:

Big or Huge with 3/6 added civs
Map type up to vote
Immortal or Deity
Random leader
Epic

Like I said 2-3 times before - my problem with the NC strat and some Deity LP's is, that they are played on favourable settings in terms of map/civ. For me you can call yourself a Deity player if you win the majority of games on those randoms settings.

EEE_BOY, could you create the save game then, so I don't know which map it is? I'll have to try to not look at the little pictures if you press ESC ;).

You seem to like the massive war + big map game, guess you have a super computer as well:mischief:

We trust you will not look at the map in advance, so there is no need for some else to generate the map for you:p

It might be a good idea to start a discussion thread in the "Strategy and tips" sub-forum, since that 's where the most traffic is. And upload the story telling and pictures here, and put links on that discussion thread. What do you think? :goodjob:

lurker's comment: I'm liking this so far, but I have one issue: format.

Those pictures are enormous; but if you'd put them in spoilers, that would make reading through this a lot easier.

Don't feel obliged to do so, but take it into consideration. Now back to lurking...

You seem to like the massive war + big map game, guess you have a super computer as well:mischief:

We trust you will not look at the map in advance, so there is no need for some else to generate the map for you:p

It might be a good idea to start a discussion thread in the "Strategy and tips" sub-forum, since that 's where the most traffic is. And upload the story telling and pictures here, and put links on that discussion thread. What do you think? :goodjob:

I've had a q6600 and 4 gb for like 5 years. Everytime it went into lategame with ~14 civs it literally took two minutes to finish a turn. I upgraded to a i5 and 8gb last month for ~280 €. Just feels good. :D

About the map, tbh I prefer to not know what kind of map(continents, earth and so on) it is. Thats also why I'm playing Fractal most of the time. Then again, if we get alot of people to look at it like in the old Sisiutil threads I'll know what kind of map it is anyway.

I don't really know what the policy on the Strategy and tips forum is. I too remember all the old threads from Sisiutil being there ... I'll ask a Mod later on.

lurker's comment: I'm liking this so far, but I have one issue: format.

Those pictures are enormous; but if you'd put them in spoilers, that would make reading through this a lot easier.

Don't feel obliged to do so, but take it into consideration. Now back to lurking...

Well yeah, they are 720p. At first I wanted to take them ingame in 1080p ... Good I did not.

I'have put the last post into spoilers and see your point. Do you have problems with your resolution or with finding the next post? Don't forget theres a index in the OP.

What do other people think about it?

lurker's comment: Actually, I was thinking something like this.
Spoiler Basic Description :

Detailed Description/Observations

Not a strict set-up there, so feel free to change it up a little.
I'have put the last post into spoilers and see your point. Do you have problems with your resolution or with finding the next post? Don't forget theres a index in the OP.
My problem is finding the text within the the posts. The images are so large that I can sometimes just skip right over the text. :crazyeye:

Watching this lets play basicly says : ingor diplomacy eeryone's dows you

Thats not true. They all started to declare on me, after I decleared on England and France on the same turn. And dont forget I backstabbed Washington earlier.

Actually like the diplomacy system right now as it is. Have a look at the scoreboard. I could basically just tech up and win the game. So they decided to stop me from doing that.

I need a name for this war, really. Something like ... Sevenhundredfortyandthree Years' War .. actually, I quite like that.

Played another 30 turns, which took me 2 1/2 hours, because of this crazy war. Gonna post most of it today.

Bought Alexandria a work boat. Need to get a harbor soon, so Copenhagen gets connected.

Yaj!

Russia stoped it afterall. So uhm .. now its my turn. Gonna build another swordsman and attack them.

:( Maritime in deep reds. And not alot of spare money atm.

Raze everyone except the CS

Removing farms everywhere. Even tho I have 18 happyness in one of the next screens, I'll run into happyness problems while capturing.

Nice :)

If you have watched some videos you might have noticed I play it safe most of the time. Don't wanna lose my swordsman ... so I'm gonna wait a turn or two. Specially since steel is close to finish.

Lost a scouting Horseman.

Bought a Monument to build the National Epic in Thebes. Turned out to be a dumb decision, because it got interrupted everytime I razed a city.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Tradition will be completed soon ...

Got my first Longswordsman.

Scouting the last city of Denmark.

Moving in.

No comment :x.

Razed it. Prolly would have kept it with some good buildings.

Another one!

Also razed.

Payback is a *****, dear Cath.

I rarely attack CS's. But Tyre I wanted dead fpr a long time. Don't want anyone to ally them and the city has good production. Prolly focus them on building ships.

Bought those two tiles

I still don't know, where Moscow is, but I'll like it there.

Damn Germans.

No more Russian units? Can't explain why ...

Have a look at two cover/medic units standing next to each other.

Next turn - 2 dmg, 2 healed.

Razed it. Gonna place it closer to the river.

Rome is looking good too. Need some extra workers to work the tiles the russians stood on for years.

Thats the good thing about conquering CS's - alot of buildings.

Placed a new city.

Decided to back off. Dont wanna have a dead longswordsman.

Gonna take Cumae first

I accepted. Once again the problem with the russian city is .. they are pretty crappy and not worth fighting for.

My first two Ra's of the game.

Took the heal, because the position of my catapults isn't very good. Don't want to retreat, just because my meele unit needs healing.

Gathering my army.

Just wanted to sorry, that there wasn't alot of commentary for the last parts. But during the warmongering there simply wasn't alot to talk about.

All the City State's are at permanent war ... :(

You are waiting for me? Say Hi to Napoleon and Augustus Caesar from me.

No units to defend?!

I don't even wanna know what he is doing with all the horses I sold him.

Razed.

There they are ... defending Denmark? I really feel like they have a frakking aliance against me.

Finally can scout the map.

Guys, I'm razing the god damn city. Get away.

Made peace with some. Endgame looks to be a race between the Mongols, Inca and myself.

Gonna keep it up. Not only is it a okish city, I need the culture to heal up my troops.

Thinking of going commerce for the reduced road costs.

I started the round with setting my "core" cities into heavy production mode. So far they paid for themselve happyness wise.
They all should have:
-Circus 2
-Colluseum 2
-Egypt UB 2
-Theatre 3
Puts them at 9 happyness each. With size 11,12 and 13 they have certainly outgrown that number and need to starve a bit .. sry folks.

Phew. Mongols not advanced at all.

Taking everybit of XP I can get. But agreed when Babylon asked for peace a little bit later.

Next target acquired

Made the mistake to move one swordsman to far up :/

... so he died.

Fortified some units around the north border.

Scouting and finding ... nothing.

There is absolutly not much happening this turn. Allmost 30 minutes of fighting for one city with moving back and forth. Best check the video.

Besides all the fighting I've started to build windmills whereever possible. I rate them very highly, together with workshops.

I went for commerce, which was quite a mistake :/. Really should have taken piety for happyness. Thought I could wait with piety another ~60 turns ...

My veteran longswordsman leading the charge. Think he is my starting warrior. Pretty old guy ...

It's somewhat amazing to see how far behind every single AI is. Don't even believe Diety would have changed much.It simply is like that because of this crazy worldwar.

X's are new cities, while the yellow lines will be roads. But Thebes will finish the National Epic before settling those cities.

And another Capital bites the dust. It sucks to say this in a LP, but this game is so incredible won.

Started to build some nackup units, after loosing 1 swordsman and 3 horseman

Cannons!

Aimed for Chemistry and Fertilizier for the tile improvements.

Overview over the "core" empire.

And taking another city from Hiwatha

... And another one.

Can't believe it ... but I'll use the P word ... Might we get ... PEACE soon ?!!?

Russia showing mucles again. They simply have not learned their lesson.

Warsaw wants some barbarians killed.

Don't know where the last city Montreal of the Iroquois is ... so, Gandhi, you are next. He does not want peace btw.

Poor, poor Indians...

Missclicked while editing again. Actual video starts at 1:20

Taking those cities had a unhealthy effect on the happyness of my people :/. I really need the happyness from Piety.

Still producing GP's. Once I annexed all the new cities I'll start ~3-4 Goldenages and put everything into production/gold. Still have a GE sitting at home. Gonna use him for the Louvre if possible.

PEACE! Can't believe it. Finally some time to upgrade everything. Plan for the next 30 turns:
-Upgrade my army to artillery/rifleman.
-Annex every city
-Buy factories

Look at some cities. I really don't understand why people would keep them as puppets. I buy courthouses for the real low production ones, but most cities set to hammers build them in 6-8 turns.

Bulbing the Louvre.

I really shouldn't have any happyness problems, once I get the courthouses up. And I get the next SP in like 10 turns ... 1 happyness for every culture building with THIS empire? Can't wait.

23 turn GA started.

Top Bottom