RFCEurope 1.0

I wonder if anyone has experienced a small but annoying graphics issue in late game, usually about 1500AD. Suddenly some info disappears, such as the research bar on the top of the screen and the scoreboard to the right. Also some of the map display buttons ion the lower right seem to become inoperable. It doesn't seem to matter which civ you're playing but it has happened to me most recently with the French and the Spanish. Doesn't affect gameplay but it would be nice to see how many turns you have left to research something or know how other civs are doing. lol

I wonder if anyone has experienced a small but annoying graphics issue in late game, usually about 1500AD. Suddenly some info disappears, such as the research bar on the top of the screen and the scoreboard to the right. Also some of the map display buttons ion the lower right seem to become inoperable. It doesn't seem to matter which civ you're playing but it has happened to me most recently with the French and the Spanish. Doesn't affect gameplay but it would be nice to see how many turns you have left to research something or know how other civs are doing. lol

Hey jessiecat, nice to see you around!
I guess it's the same bug I just answered on the other thread:

This was already reported and fixed, it's connected to the french and portuguese UHV counter

In RFCEurope/Assets/Python/screens/CvMainInterface.py, line 2164, change "iColonies = pPlayer.pPlayer.getUHVCounter( 2 )" to "iColonies = pPlayer.getUHVCounter( 2 )" to fix this.

I guess I should release a 1.01 patch with this fix and the one related to the cottage art

Originally Posted by Caliom
That UHV is a bit unclear. It says "have the most territory in europe" But it doesnt say what is meant by europe in that case.

If i interpret the numbers in the pyhon files right europe in that case means everything above the line Gibraltar - Neapolis - Thessaloniki.
So conquering Greece or South Italy won't help. On the other hand you dont have to worry about a huge Arabia, Byzantine or spanish settlements in North Africa.
Why not make Europe the collection of its provinces instead of a line above gibraltar? Is this hard to do? I know nothing about those programing languages, python and stuff, but I have a feeling it might not be so hard to do.

Yeah I was already thinking about this
The UHV is kinda misleading at the moment
Changing it to provinces would be much more straightforward

In my last two games I noticed a strange effect when I made war against Hungary: my units inside their territory were taking damage at each turn without being attacked.

Is it the new Hungarian unique power or a weird bug?

The Hungarian UB (Végvár - Castle replacement) has the ability to damage enemy troops in a 2 tile radius
So it's definitely not a bug

@Spirictum:
Star Forts do not have this ability anymore

Hi all! I'm already doing a translation of the mod into spanish but... I got stuck. Please I don't know where is the mistake :dunno: and I also don't know how to upload the file :S please :help:

Thanks por the comment, YES YOU'RE RIGHT!! omg I don't know how I did such mistake... now it's fixed :D and yes, I can do french and italian translations also, but it will take longer... so for the moment I'll work in my Spanish translation ;)

P.S. sorry I don't speak russian :(

Do you want me to upload the good version right now?? well here it goes.

Checked your additions and they look great
I hope you will continue with your translations ;)

1.01 Patch with small bugfixs and text updates
(no balance changes at all)

- Fixed Bulgarian, Hungarian, Polish and Lithuanian cottage/hamlet/village/town improvement art
- Fixed UHV counter display bug for Portugal and France
- Fixed Arab AI starting situation, so Damascus gets to be the holy city of Islam in most cases
- Readded the missing Atlantic Access near Sevilla
- Fixed button for Golden Bull
- Removed Religious School icon from the tech tree
- New Dawn of Man text for Hungary, Kiev, Cordoba. Minor fixes in most of the other texts
- Small updates in the reference files
- Spanish translations by mijamobu

Just copy over your previous RFCEurope folder (inside your Beyond the Sword/Mods folder)
Overwrite all files when asked

Attachments

• RFCEurope 1.01 patch.zip
    356.6 KB · Views: 766
Bug discovered with Arabian power.

As an experiment, I converted to Juadaism. Found that every city I acquired got a palace as a "temple". I know that Judaism isn't meant to be played, but still...

P.S. Congrats on finnally getting to 1.0!

Nice found Nintz, funny bug. But by temple you mean the Temple Mount building?
A Jewish Quarter should be the temple for jewish Arabia (and I think Arabia should have a strange funny name as a jewish country, but I'm with no ideas for now)

We are aware of that. (Someone tried it before)

But as it's very unlikely that the Human player will convert to judism (the AI can't convert to judism), it has no big priority to fix.

@ Spirictum-

A Jewish quarter would be logical, but because it also provides gold it could turn unbalanced. Furthermore, only human players can ever convert to Judaism (as merijn said), so no special names.

@ merijn v1

I understand that, but could you at least disable the ability, or have it build anything other than a palace (like a granary or something) for Jewish Arabia? Basically so that it dosen't break the game.

Well, at first it really seems unbalanced to let the arab UP put a +25% gold on every city that flips/is built/is conquered if you adopt Judaism as a State religion, but I guess (as I never converted to Judaism before) that Judaism doesn't give any special stats with the accumulation of Faith Points. Islam on the other hand gives a huge bonus as you accumulate faith points, and Arabs with their UP never lose FPs, only gain, so for me it doesn't seem so unbalanced to change gaining City Growth, Unit Production Bonus and Diplomacy Boost for a +25% gold in every city. And with the construction of Kazimiers, you get those +25% gold anyways, so it doesn't seem so unbalanced at all that Jewish Arabia gets no FPs bonuses, but gets a +25% golg at every city since the beggining (and not only after Kazimiers).

And without that Unit Production bonus I would like to see someone surviving the Barb Ghazis, Selyuq Turks and the Crusades. But this is almost useless to discuss, as Judaism is not meant to be the State Religion of anyone, as merijn said.

And about the name it's just to make it more unique, but it's a minor thought, not useful at all for the gameplay

Problem: Playing as England most of the time I don't get a galley. This is due to the cuture of Calais preventing the spawn of the galley
Fix: Assets/Python/RiseAndFall.py:Line 2236: change "2" to "3" to expand the spawn area for the galley

Bug: Assets/Python/Stability.py:Line 412: comment says "Paganism" but check is for "DivineMonarch"
Fix: change appropriate

I think that AI starting stacks should include some tech ahead units to prevent spawn wipes by the human player. Like giving pikemen to Ottomans.

Attached is an adjusted Spawn-Map for 1.0 including spawn dates

Attachments

• Spawns-1.0.png
    Spawns-1.0.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 168
Bug: Jewish quarters were not counted when Kazimierz was built before the 2 required jew. quarters.
Problem: Kazimierz is missing in the list of buildings to check.
Fix: Victory.py:Line 396: Add "xml.iKazimierz" to "lBuildingList" array.

... and the same algorithm (Lines 396-416) have to be used in function "onCityAcquired" Lines 316-325: replace with
Spoiler :
Code:
                        lBuildingList = [xml.iCatholicCathedral,xml.iOrthodoxCathedral,xml.iProtestantCathedral,xml.iJewishQuarter,xml.iKazimierz]
                        iCounter = pPoland.getUHVCounter( 2 )
                        iCathCath = ( iCounter / 10000 ) % 10
                        iOrthCath = ( iCounter / 1000 ) % 10 
                        iProtCath = ( iCounter / 100 ) % 10
                        iJewishQu = iCounter % 100
			for iBuilding in range(lBuildingList):
	                        if ( city.hasBuilding( iBuilding ):
	                                if ( iBuilding == xml.iCatholicCathedral ):
	                                        iCathCath += 1
	                                elif ( iBuilding == xml.iOrthodoxCathedral ):
	                                        iOrthCath += 1
	                                elif ( iBuilding == xml.iProtestantCathedral ):
	                                        iProtCath += 1
	                                elif ( iBuilding == xml.iJewishQuarter ):
	                                        iJewishQu += 1
	                                elif ( iBuilding == xml.iKazimierz ):
	                                        iJewishQu = max( pPoland.getNumCities(), 2 )
                        if ( iCathCath >= 3 and iOrthCath >= 2 and iProtCath >= 2 and iJewishQu >= 2 ):
                                pPoland.setUHV( 2, 1 )
                        iCounter = iJewishQu + 100 * iProtCath + 1000 * iOrthCath + 10000 * iCathCath
                        pPoland.setUHVCounter( 2, iCounter )

further thought: there is no such "Poland" code when you loose a city. So after building a single cathedral or quarter you may grant the city away and conquer back, hoping the building is still alive ...

further further thought: If the UHV intends to really "build" the religious buildings my 1st thought is obsolete and the proposed fix in "onCityAquired" should be ignored :crazyeye:
But it may be a good idea to always destroy existing cathedrals/quarters "onCityAquired" so the player has a chance to build new ones (for his counter)

... and here is my proposal: (Line 316ff)
Spoiler :
Code:
                        if ( city.hasBuilding( xml.iKazimierz ):
                                iCounter = pPoland.getUHVCounter( 2 )
                                iCathCath = ( iCounter / 10000 ) % 10
                                iOrthCath = ( iCounter / 1000 ) % 10 
                                iProtCath = ( iCounter / 100 ) % 10
                                iJewishQu = max( pPoland.getNumCities(), 2 )
                                iCounter = iJewishQu + 100 * iProtCath + 1000 * iOrthCath + 10000 * iCathCath
                                pPoland.setUHVCounter( 2, iCounter )
                                if ( iCathCath >= 3 and iOrthCath >= 2 and iProtCath >= 2 and iJewishQu >= 2 ):
                                        pPoland.setUHV( 2, 1 )
			# remove existings cathedrals and/or quarters
                        elif ( city.hasBuilding( xml.iJewishQuarter )):
				city.setHasRealBuilding(xml.iJewishQuarter, False)
                        if ( city.hasBuilding( xml.iCatholicCathedral ):
				city.setHasRealBuilding(xml.iCatholicCathedral, False)
                        if ( city.hasBuilding( xml.iOrthodoxCathedral ):
				city.setHasRealBuilding(xml.iOrthodoxCathedral, False)
                        if ( city.hasBuilding( xml.iProtestantCathedral ):
				city.setHasRealBuilding(xml.iProtestantCathedral, False)

Hi,

This mod is great and I am loving it :)

I am playing with Byzantium now, but I don't get orthodox faith diplomatic bonus points. Worse: Moscow thinks I am a heathen (-1). Is that supposed to happen? Maybe Russian Orthodox and Greek Orthodox Church differences?

If you own the Round Church you will get no diplo bonus ever. See its description!

Top Bottom