LizNES6: Fortune Favors The Brutal

To: The United Commonwealth of Scandinavia

You're an awful group. But we have no choice but to sign.

To: The United Commonwealth of Scandinavia

We found their nationals in an apartment, with bomb making materials, and detailed prints of some local apartment buildings. The inference is there.

To: The Norse Imperium

Your warmongering calls fall on deaf ears. There is not now, and never will be a problem in our serene Empire. Go oppress some Finns.

Liga Nacional de Fútbol Español

Football has been Spain's national sport ever since it was introduced to them in the nineteenth century. Even during the worst time of the Plague, football remained children's favourite way to spend time with their friends. Of course, the Plague had destroyed all possibilities of creating organized tournaments, much less professional clubs, especially in a time when most people where still fighting for their survival. Even then, the old glories were still being remembered by those who had lived before the Plague and survived, and many would talk about Raúl, Casillas, Pujol, Cristiano or Messi for hours, detailing all the magnificent things they did while they were in the game.

However, as the Plague receded, things started to get better. And, in Spain, the stabilization of civilization after the catastrophe allowed the creation of

The first club to form in Spain appeared on 2190 and was, quite logically, the Madrid CF, successor of the Real Madrid of old times, as there were still many things about them that had survived, amongst them the gigantic Santiago Bernabéu Stadium.

The first match between professional teams was a Madrid CF vs. Manzanares FC (the team that had been before the Plague the Atlético de Madrid), played on 23rd September 2191, which Madrid CF won 2-1 with goals of Minas and Blanco for Madrid, Garisto for Manzanares.

The first national tournament was the 2194 King's Cup, and the final game was a Valencia CF vs Madrid CF, which Valencia won 1-0 thanks to Marco Niral's 90th minute goal.

Finally, on the year 2199, the situation had normalized enough that a Spanish Football League could be started, with 16 teams from all of Spain playing against each other along the year. Although the LFPE is only seven years old, it is already becoming a powerful league, with great players and impressive matches. So far, the dominating team has been Madrid CF, with 4 Ligas in the pocket, while FC Barcelona, FC Burdeos and Oporto FC have 1 each.

With the entrance of the Andalusian League teams in the LFPE and the creation of the first Moroccan professional teams, the LFPE will expand to include four more teams, three of them from Andalusia and an extra one from Morocco, while other teams from both places will occupy new or old positions in the lower national divisions or have new division groups for the regional and local levels.

(Might write a bit more later, I wanted to get this outta my system)

They were in all white, practically gliding across the ice on the lake in Alaska, with their white painted rifles and gear all strapped tight. Many might find it difficult to skate with such a load, which totaled nearly 70 pounds for these special forces, but they found it easy. They often trained with such weight amounts during the opening months of winter in preparation for their local hockey leagues.

But this time out on the ice was not to have fun and pass the time with some friends. This time they were on the ice skating towards death, albeit still with their friends. The only question was how much death would happen to them, an how much to the enemy?

Tim Haulsee had been specifically told by his brother to stay home, and had for once agreed. The 61st White Ops Team was more then enough by themselves, led by Major Junitz and comprising of 10 other elite soldiers. They all glided over the ice silently, cradling their rifles and palming a knife each on this bright sunday morning. Their target was a trio of VTOLs on an emergency supply run to a Chernorussiyan supply depot. Mysterious avalanches and fallen trees, rockslides and storms had managed to knock out many of the overland routes, with the rest in danger of Alaskan partisans, and so the Chernorussiyans had fallen into the Alkaskan trap. They had sent their technology to the wolf den, and now the wolf was about to get a shiny new toy.

The VTOLs and enemy soldiers receiving the shipment were only 50 yards from the edge of the ice, and somehow never saw the enemy coming. Activity was abuzz as the first Chernorussiyans went down, and the 61st White Ops shed their custom made skates, running into the knee deep snow. Every couple of yards they stopped, knelt, and took an aimed shot, not wasting a single bullet. A pair of men however took cover in a wedge between a fallen tree and a rather large rock, setting up the machine gun they had been carrying, and soon covering fire was keeping the Chernorussiyan heads down.

Major Junitz went straight into the fight himself, leading the charge for the VTOLs, slitting the throat of any of the enemy he passed, and firing at any he couldn't reach. The pilots had seemingly already reached their cockpits, and the planes were starting up and one of them was already lifting off the ground. They only needed one to analyze how it worked.

The second one, the one closest to the Alaskans, lifted off a few feet form the ground and started to slowly gain altitude. If only they had brought grappling guns, but no time for that now. They had one last chance. The ramp was lifting.....and Junitz leaped and was followed by two of his men as he climbed aboard the craft. It started to rise, unaware of its new passengers, but another of the VTOLs had obviously seen what had happened. Not even a handful of seconds had passed before several missiles impacted upon the third VTOL, armor piercing with a delayed but still very powerful explosive. Junitz and his men didn't even have time to comprehend what had happened, that the Chernorussiyans had destroyed their own plane before letting it fall into the hands of enemy, before they were blown to bits, annihilated, incinerated. The other seven men watched in horror as they retreated on the ground, the machine gun allowing them to make it onto the ice.

Six made it home safely, but with nothing to show for it, and a brave commander dead. They had failed, but there was no shame in trying again. They would be back, and and back, and keep going back until they got what they wanted. Then they would keep going back to get something else they were ordered to want. Only the end of this war would end the excursions they made.

"They say
he has no mood

They say
he was born again

They say
he has no gods

They say
he has no fear

They say
he has no eyes

They say hey that's really something
They feel he should get some time
I say he should watch his ass
My friend don't listen to the crowd
They say 'Jump'"

Altai was found as a baby by the former Khan during a hunt. No one know where he came from. The Khan declared that it was a gift and adopted him. He was quick to impress. He learned to speak the common language quickly, and often spent his Sunday afternoons taming wild animals. He became the Khans favorite child and secured the throne.

Dear Insane Soviet Warlord,

It has come to my attention that I must thank you. Your wonderful movie starring somebody pretending and failing to portray me gave me some very nasty, but also some very nice publicity. In fact, you may be a rather large contributor to me receiving that award. And for that I thank you. Democracy will soon be coming to a neighborhood near you, just for your helpful boosts to fame!

But it seems that a rather unfortunate number of Soviet barbarians have chosen to take a vacation to Alaska. We realize we have beautiful sites, rich resources, a prime site for the vacation of any military or warlord with superpower ambitions really. But due to the circumstances of widespread harm and needless destruction, as well as their constant reluctance to pay for their stay, we must ask your barbarians to leave our country or prepare to face your version of democracy. Unless you heed this warning, they will be blacklisted from all future stays in Alaska, and will be bared entry into our beautiful country even if they are running away from one of your purges with vital information. That may comfort you, but don't say you weren't warned.

We would also like to lodge an official protest at those arrows you sent across the ocean to annoy our country's fine folk. They are very disruptive, and perhaps you would consider handing us a shield before you do something like that again. It was very rude last year.

Well I believe thats all for now, at least for anything thats not already a given. Oh yes, one last thing; General Kustodiev from Russia would like me to send you his greetings, although that is translated from a rather nasty series of phrases. I do hope I got that translation correct.

Do come to Alaska soon so you too can be pumped full of democracy. Several of your barbarians have recently used the NWI-7 to do so for themselves, but I'm afraid they won't be reporting back to you about it, so you must come try it yourself.

Sincerely,
Tim Haulsee

Wondrous stories, I have enjoyed them. Bonuses!

By now, if you haven't guessed, the deadline is here. No order revisions, or new orders will be accepted.

I have a school paper to work on, so I'll be forced to split my time for the next few days. The update has began, however, and I'll try to get it done as soon as I can.

I'm sorry for missing the deadline.

Spoiler :
Please just continue to maintain order in Africa, and keep investing in our economy. Oh, and pay Quebec.

Sorry about the lack of update everyone. Work has been done on it. Hopefully, I'll be able to get it up tomorrow or on Friday.

The final few weeks of Senior Year means a lot of last minute social and school events that I've been attending. Parts of the update is done, and I will be dedicating the rest of tonight, and the entirety of tomorrow to finishing it.

The final few weeks of Senior Year means a lot of last minute social and school events that I've been attending. Parts of the update is done, and I will be dedicating the rest of tonight, and the entirety of tomorrow to finishing it.

Ha, after you graduate you will never talk to those people again. DITCH EM!

President's Address to Dixie

Author's note: any events involving another nation mentioned in this story are based on true, recent events.

Richmond, Virginia

The whole of Dixie gathered around their televisions for the emergency address from President Boulder. The rumors had spread like wildfire. First, the story was the United States of the Atlantic was planning a preemptive strike against Dixie; then, it morphed into a continental conspiracy involving all of Hudsonism and the general War surrounding them.

Then, came the declaration of war. For many, the declaration was a final, predicted step to ending the economic downturn and protecting Dixie in a war that ravaged the continent. Even the Corporations expected such a move; the industrial metamorphosis to wartime production capacity occurred nearly overnight.

President Boulder hoped the address would accomplish three things. He wished for the Dixie people to know the circumstances of the war declaration. Yet, he also directed the speech towards the world, in an attempt to legitimatize the war on the world stage. Finally, he wanted -- needed -- the Dixie people to understand just how dangerous the pre-war environment was.

As the cameras began to film, he looked up from his desk and began to speak.

"People of Dixie -- my friends, my neighbors, my family -- I am here tonight to address the towering phantom of war which looms on the horizon. That spectre is thrust towards us, directed by several neighboring powers who are not content to see their own lives and resources destroyed by this continental war surrounding us. Today I say to you that war is upon us, not by our actions, but by an insidious conspiracy of global nations, whose grotesque directives have instead found means to not only wage war against Dixie, but also to see our people destroyed and scattered into oblivion."

He paused before continuing, allowed those words to settle for their total effect. "The hostile rhetoric of the United States of the Atlantic" -- he stressed the final portion -- "has long been known to us. Their intentions are just as clear. In the past, it was only our strength at arms and our resolute mentality that prevented the United States of the Atlantic from acting on their insanity. But now, evil schemes have aligned, hoping to see that perverse nightmare become a reality."

He raised the paper in his hand, and began to read off it. "This is an official transcript of Californian dialogue during the peace negotiations:"

"The USA [will get] all the land from Deseret and Cascadia...and they will ally with Russia, and they will reunite America. Only two nations get to survive [the current war]: Dixie and the Atlantic. The question is, who gets Russia's help, and who gets our tech...I left orders to send the USA all of my tech."

President Boulder crushed the paper in his hand, allowing the sphere to fall limply onto his desk. "The magnanimity of those words cannot be over-exaggerated. War is upon us, whether we wish for it or not. If we wait, if we hesitate, we will face a Russo-Atlantic coalition alone, as they cast down all those nations who today fight against their tyranny and aggression. We cannot afford to squander even a moment of time. With that in mind, I intend to meet Congress tomorrow and officially request a declaration of war against the United States of the Atlantic, in an effort to see this threat cast down.

"Those who threaten us will see, first hand, the might and power of the Dixie Military, the greatest fighting force in the world. With Dixie on their minds, and their families in their hearts, the brave men and women of the Dixie military shall march forward, together, in a spirited charge to see the safety and well-being of all of Dixie restored. God is with us. We shall prevail."

After the speech, news analysts around the nation focused on the next steps for the Dixie Republic, including the admittance into the Free America Alliance and the new image of the post-war continent.

Attachments

• bolton.png
    bolton.png
    385.3 KB · Views: 192
Fantastic as always :D

Still working guys, sorry. I've been pulling extra shifts and the like. But any extra time I get, you have my promise I dedicate it to this lovely NES.

Top Bottom