one month in - opinions on the forum split

do you like the forum split?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall all, I like it it, though making Tavern-level moderation the default with the Red Diamond Option available in one easy forum would be better.

Two small issues:

1. A thread that was started in the Tavern and duplicated in the Chamber was locked in the Tavern and is still thriving in the Chamber. I do not think that is a good move in general and hopefully we won't see that as a pattern.

2. Just as some of us get tempted to post Tavernistic posts in the Chamber, there seems to have been a couple of instances of mods getting tempted into Chambermaiding the Tavern.

The poll needs a "meh" option...

Since the split, I have added the Chamber to my daily email updates. I haven't bothered with the Tavern, since there isn't much there that interests me.

I find it rather pointless.

Pointless. Slightly annoing. And the quantity of good posts gone down, IMO.

so if you dont have to go through what doesnt interest you anymore, why is it just meh?
I didn't say that none of it interests me. Just not enough of it to bother subscribing to yet another forum and having to deal with yet another set of email notifications that pile up if I don't have time to get to it on a daily basis.

Dislike it, find myself coming here a bit less because the overall activity seems down. As others have mentioned keeping the original OT with tavern moderation in general with chamber moderation in red diamond threads would have been an infinitely better idea. Unfortunately from an activity standpoint I think the damage is done and cant be undone at this point.

I still can't tell the difference between them, and I never take the divide into account when posting.

To me it just added a nuisance. Still waiting for the promises of condensing the other niche forums into something more .... condensed.

I really don't mind. It seems to me though, that the types of threads in The Tavern are still pretty much the same level as The Chamber. Except for the serial threads of course.

I like it.

I wasn't expecting this but a lot of Chamber-worthy topics find themselves in the Tavern, and a little vice versa. It's like red diamond without the silly. Swapping between the two is slightly annoying, but it's not that bad. The strongest saving grace between this split and other forums' splits really is that this forum doesn't define what kind of topic goes in which--just requesting the tenor of discussion.

Bravo, it worked. Please keep it. But please undo the science/art-as-a-separate-forum nonsense.

Well it is now more than two months since the split.

The number of threads since 1st April this year is less than last year.

There are 543 threads in the Chamber and Tavern (excluding the 23 threads with no posts after the 31st)

Last year there were 624 threads between 1st April and this time on 4th june 2011.

(note any moved threads etc that take up lines are included in the above figures).

So OT was 15% more active last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom