TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

You receive a bag with hands stuck in this position.

Spoiler :
I am sorry, but what are these hands supposed to mean? We have never seen this symbolism before. If that was meant to be an insult, then i don't know what you have been using lately. Smoke a little too much incense? Anyways, You should have locked them with the pinkie and thumb forming a sphere.
*Sends a new bag of hands back to show them*
Spoiler :
There you go.

OOC: Three middle fingers would be bent though touching the thumb. All the hands have those fingers bent. Basically a very messed up, wide open fist.

Before

The Calm

Silence is a virtue.
Soldiers are silent when they listen to their orders, servants are silent moving through palace halls. Even a king has to observe silence.

-The accepted version of the Confucian writings
But it is when silence is broken that great things happen. Wars are rarely won in the absence of someone's battle cry. A birth is rarely silent, whether it be the birth of a child or of an idea. Sound brings life to the world, and so brings glory.

-A continuation of the above, found by Lord Jin Fei hidden in the Xiyi palace archives

The scrap of paper fell to the floor, out of the old man's hand.

"Fei. This is awful."

Jin Fei looked up. He and his father, Lord Jin himself, sat in a room in their wing of the Xiyi Palace, perhaps an appropriate place to reveal the great secret he had, finally, succeeded in uncovering.

"Father, it's not that - it's more. It means that the Xi family are hiding the nature of our philosophies from us. What they neglected to hide was the passage where Confucius writes about secrets and how they should be kept, unless they are a king's secrets.

What that means, Father, is that for the crime of hiding this from us they lose their right to rule us."

And, Father: I also received report from one of the soldiers in my division just today. He said they found Lianhua, dead."

"What? My daughter was with them and they didn't send her home?"
Lord Jin was in shock. His daughter was dead. Not missing, dead.

"She wore my armour, ...and my voice. The soldier said the group was ambushed soon afterwards and only he escaped.

He also saw a face he recognised at the ambush. The brother of our own illustrious Emperor. More than grounds for a change of dynasty.

I have given the order for as many soldiers loyal to us as I can find to infiltrate the Emperor's chambers. Sixty Silent Guards support our cause, and even now they are within twelve steps' distance of the Emperor. They await only the command of Lord Jin."

That was when Jin Fei looked over at his father. He was slumped over.

Dead.

Well, the Guards were waiting on the orders of Lord Jin.

It seemed like, right now, that was him.

After

I am sorry, but what are these hands supposed to mean? We have never seen this symbolism before. If that was meant to be an insult, then i don't know what you have been using lately. Smoke a little too much incense? Anyways, You should have locked them with the pinkie and thumb forming a sphere.
*Sends a new bag of hands back to show them*
Your messanger died. And then there was a barbeque. As an act of generosity, we gave you some leftovers.

Your messanger died. And then there was a barbeque. As an act of generosity, we gave you some leftovers.
If you would note, your messenger's head was also in the bag of hands. :) This one is also in the new bag.

EDIT: After reading some messages, and reevaluating my position, I'd like to know this; who exactly am I facing right now? The Danyrians, or the Chariot Rider hordes? I'd like to have both of them come into my nation, under fair terms, if I can get some diplo through and some relaization of what exactly I am facing right now.

Both of them just want to find land and settle down. The Danyans are next to the REAL Rhine river, AKA not anywhere close to you. They were members of the Valyrian Horde who settled down and intermarried with the cute locals.

The Buggerites are the ones you accepted entry for, then rejected, then declared war on. Yeah... they're too steaming mad to consider anything you or anyone else says any more. You could have Xiong'ed them (see Updates 2-4 for China)

Never tell me I don't offer diplomatic solutions.

I had contingency plans, not extermination plans. :(

I was accepting of the Danyrians and the Chariot Riders, and of course was worried about them attacking me once they were inside, so I was going to be extremely careful.

This is what happens when barbarians migrate. How do deal with this wave? Good, now deal with the next one coming in 200 years. And the next one after that...

The dream of hegemony shall not go unrequieted... but the Buggerites will have to be dealt with unfortunately. I was looking for a strong cavalry people as well :(.

What will happen if I force the Faith to donate say... eight militias of a thousand men apiece, and eight EP?

Understood Terrance, sorry for doing this. Must have a lot of spears at my back though, with these combined forces and money donations with the bare minimum, I'll have an excess of twenty three thousand spears to hold off the Chariot Riders and hold the line.

Sorry about causing you trouble. :sad:

Update for Update 13
Orders Recieved
erez
spaceman98
SKILORD
Tambien
Revisions Required
Gem Hound
Orders Not Recieved
Stockholme
Lord Iggy
Southern King
Daftpanzer
Lord of Elves
Tycho
Luckymoose
General Olaf
Chrisos
Lokki
*I am going to cry a bit here. The Western Seas, once a beating heart of civilization, is once more torn by war and abandoned by the enlightened angels of NESing. And thus, NPC empires hall fight. And thus, they shall fall*

EDIT: I would like to say something.

Someone has complained that some of the NPC diplomacy seemed too "Sunday Cartoony", and once I read through the thread, it turns out to be quite true on many levels.

Unfortunately, despite my love of creating personalities, I do not wish to do a new one for every NPC nation every turn. And I wonder how I can reverse this trend.

I've decided to give every nation a "leadername" which will trend over time, as well as their attitudes. Generally, a nation's attitude and goals are set early on, and their tactics to achieving their goals are only set by pragmatic standards.

Also, I would like to emphasize that I will adjust each region to the quality and quantity of input from the players. Highly developed regions like Egypt, Levea and even Keltia have shown this trend, while other regions are necessarily more "cartoony".

To sum it up, I will start adding more of a human touch to diplomacy, but I will still try to cater to the needs of the player. If they desire intrigue, I will serve some up. :) If they desire endless war... well, I can serve that too. :evil:

I'm personally fine with the cartoony-ness, if that is the particular leader's quality, the more interesting diplomacy is.

Report from Omar, the Fifth Iron Prophet

Dear Brother, King in Spire

I have raised 5 Lances of Iron Lances, and many thousands of faithful.

From the Druidic Nations, I have raised 5000 faithful.
From Kentus, 4000.
From Ostava, 7000.
From Buertgang, 8000
From Provence, 5000
From Nessos, 4000
From your neighborhood, a total of 11,000 men has been raised.

From the lands of the faithful, we have raised 44,000 men and 6EP.

Thus I present you the army that shall defend from these Buggerites. 5 Units of Iron Lances, 6 of Forsworn, 14 Martyrs and 24 units of Fanatics.

We have enough for supplies, but if we merely use our enemies as supplies, we can free another 9EP worth of donations.

We shall march, and they shall fall!

For the Faith!

-Omar

Note: You can call up your normal militia for another 12 Units and 5 EP, but then you have nothing keeping the peace at home-this is a risk you have to choose to take.

I'd just like to put in that I do not do cartoony diplomacy, and also have never received any from NPCs. If you can give an example of some cartoony diplomacy without pointing any fingers at the player who mentioned this first, I'm sure some of us (me) could benefit from it.

Also, there is nothing I can say that won't be censored about the stupid Faith giving fistfuls of money and soldiers to Tycho. Century after century.

From Vahlshallah

We will only resort to that as a secondary precaution if we start running out of resources. We thank you brethren for your support!

We are amassing an army of our own at Spire, the battle lines will be drawn up shortly, prepare for war.

Thank you Omar, and we treasure what you have done.

All hail the Faith!

Also, there is nothing I can say that won't be censored about the stupid Faith giving fistfuls of money and soldiers to Tycho. Century after century.

You are just jealous that I have a religion that is a bunch of fanatics to the extreme and willing to sacrifice themselves by the thousands for the cause that I name. :p

You built up your own little Mediterranean Empire and then it came crashing down unfortunately, which is a deep pity, I assure you... it was a good empire, and one that had a lot of promise, but I am all but sure that Ctesipshod will arise and not be very happy when doing so. Indeed, I think you might be killing off the Sarkovites and the Longbeards if I don't reinforce them with supplies over time. :)

I don't give a about my little empire, Tycho. It is actually a deep-seated vendetta I have for most religion in general. Nothing personal against you at all, by the way.

And no, fanatics are stupid.

Top Bottom