TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

From Kush to Axum
Well? What should we do about the god-idiot this time?

To Egypt
You jest! We have been civilized before Nubia even existed, thanks to our friend in Axum. They have taken Kuhorsehockye and Kuhorsehockye slaves and Kuhorsehockye farms while their lacky Severi prevented us from saving our brothers! Those pyramids are built with the sweat of uncles! Those treasures are mined by the hands of aunts!
Your propaganda is pointless. Egypt has the longest historical records ever to exist, they are clearly showing Nubia came before Kush. Doesn't matter to. If the God-King demands you snakes to do something, you are to obey. Continue this play and your tribute will be higher.

From the Lord of Flames
Your word sullies the air you place it on. Tell us exactly how much tribute your mewling officials will give us, and we will consider with generosity, scum.

Well, we have two different things.

One, if you are polite and don't want to attack, is nice gold, homes, farms, places for your families and horses, and peace.

Second option is a spear through the chest at long range if you insist upon not being polite at this conference. We are making an effort. You are not. We'd prefer the first option between us, but it can go either way.

So... what will it be? Tell the Throne of Fangs what you wish to make of this deal. :)

We offer two cities built for your people, a hundred thousand gold stars, and a hundred acres of land for each of your farmers.

From the Lord of Flames

We accept this tribute, and the peace which will follow. Mind, my lords will not return to their new fields until every inch of land has been accounted for.

Be warned, some of my more hotheaded nobles will want more conflict. I will direct them away from you towards other nations to the west in interest of this deal.

Just want to say that any and all questions are allowed and appreciated. If asked IC question, I will answer to the best of the ability of your scholars-OOC question I will answer as I see fit. Just remember.

Every NPC has their own goals, hopes, fears, and points of view on how things are and should be. Below all this grand strategy (50-year turns!) are lots of minor things, dedicated to the interminal details in your orders. NPCs have them too, and usually I don't bother you guys by telling all what they are doing exactly, like Nubia enslaving Kuhorsehockyes.

OOC: Also, they formed a state less than 50 years after the Nubians did, and they consider themselves more civilized because they expanded through trade and alliance, not conquest and civil war like the nubians. Their only civil war is Nubian-funded Severi.

From Ostava
I think this meant that you broke the peace established by the Council of Spire. Sure, you did not directly invade Nesfrenks, but your actions directly led to the migration of the Frenks and the utter destruction of Provence. We must consult our allies for our next move, but this blatant aggression, in addition to those acts hundreds of years ago when you invaded our greatest and most holy city before our unification, will never be forgotten.
To Ostava
This aggresion was to unite the Frenks under at least two banners. They ran away and attacked the Nesfrenks. The horde is a mere byproduct of our war of Frenkish unification.
Anyways, about that city: If you want war, our Unsullied lie in wait.

RULES FOR HORDES
Hordes are interesting. They have the ferocity and civility of Barbarians, but a unified structure like a state which they use to direct their power. At any time, a state can attempt to become a horde and vice versa, but this should only be attempted with a good reason (annihilation) and good confidence/culture to hold your new horde together.

Generally, a Horde lasts a maximum of 4 turns/200 years, but there are many exceptions, of course!

The Horde has a Cohesion stat, which goes either the Confidence or Culture track depending which you are relying on to hold it together. The stronger the cohesion the more you can hold it together, and the longer and further you can migrate. Weak cohesion can risk small groups splintering off and settling.

The Horde has an economic stat. This is represented by Making/Gathering/Looting in a vile mirror of the civilized Manufacturing/Growing/Trading. Making is your hordlings taking ores and resources and making their own things, which can be directed for warfare. Gathering is growing quick crops and harvesting empty fields (cuz you killed the farmers) for your own use. Looting is the constant taking of other people's finished goods, razing cities, and just like trading will fluctuate much more than the other stats. You also have a treasury/loot bank.

The Horde has 3 types of units depending on its origin. Traditional, Civilian, and Hordlings. Traditional units are normal units civilized people use, and are the legacy of the civilization it birthed from. It can also display a Horde slowly becoming civilized. Civilians are people not skilled in the art of war at all but can help flesh out the horde in attack. They also tend to show civilized influence in a Horde. Each Civilian is about 10,000 people, of which 1,000 might be militia of some sort. Finally, we have Hordlings of 10,000 people. Every man in a Hordling is a warrior of somekind, testament to their brutal lifestyle. Hordlings generally have 5,000 fighters in it, with special troops (like Chariot Lords, Elite Berzerkers ect) listed either seperately or in a Horde by Horde basis.

For a horde to become civilized, they would need to either repair old cities and build their own. A civilizing horde will suffer mass uncohesion, and may become barbaric for a few years before it finally forms a state. However, if it manages to survive the cohesion it will have quite an army to defend their new homes.

And so here is an example Horde!

Dorian Horde
Economy: 5/7 (1/3/1)-5
Cohesion: Admiring
Troops: 15 Hordelings, 8 Terror Hounds, 3 Civilians
Hordling Desc: Hardened Mountain Men, wielding axes, bows, with minimal armor. Each Hordling is led by a Chief and a retinue of about 500 wielding two axes and decent armor.
Horde Desc: The Dorian Horde used to be much bigger, but the Katanic incursion managed to disrupt their unification and cause a civil war. A weakened but still determined Horde is ready to invade Makedonia, and take it for its own.

From the Lord of Flames

We accept this tribute, and the peace which will follow. Mind, my lords will not return to their new fields until every inch of land has been accounted for.

Be warned, some of my more hotheaded nobles will want more conflict. I will direct them away from you towards other nations to the west in interest of this deal.

It is agreed then. Would you also like to join the Empire right now? Our current members include ourselves, Beurtgang, Hamburg, and the Pommeranians.

To Ostava
This aggresion was to unite the Frenks under at least two banners. They ran away and attacked the Nesfrenks. The horde is a mere byproduct of our war of Frenkish unification.
Anyways, about that city: If you want war, our Unsullied lie in wait.
From Ostava
To Armorica
We'll be watching you, mark our words. If we find out that you purposely driven the to form a horde instead of just conquering them...
I will bring this matter up for the Conference.
To Nesfrenks
Don't worry, we'll help you resettle the land of what was once Provence. Those Sufrenks will get what they deserve.
It is agreed then. Would you also like to join the Empire right now? Our current members include ourselves, Beurtgang, Hamburg, and the Pommeranians.
To Vahshallah
From Pommerania
What now? :dubious:
From the Lord of Fire
What's an Empire? And we decline, unless there's decent fighting to do. I'll be off smashing the heads of rebellious Chariot Lords Now. And remember, a single inch less land than you promised, then we will come for you.

OOC: To help transmit the desired emotions, I am adding emoticons. This is better than me streaming live video of me pretending to be each leader snarling or whispering, trust me. CiV tried that and look at what they ended up with. LOE's right. Hurts my eyes. Seriously tho, two NPCs say the same thing, but they mean completely different things. (see Egypt dealing with the Levant updates 4-6)

To: Faithful Barbarians
CC: Everyone Else

It seems some unfortunate person neglected to inform us of your particular privileges. You'll be happy to know we will be utilizing all our resources for the purpose of viciously dismembering that person. You are therefore welcome to stay at your leisure. Try not to kill, rape or maim anyone.

@Terrance, gratuitous emoticons rarely have the effect of improving a post/diplo.

To Egypt:The previous arangement was mutually beneficial. Why undo it? It was a good peace, not perfect, but good. Kush and Nubia have reasons for antagonism, for Nubia funded the Severi when they were strong. Do not forget, there was once war between you and Nubia. Than you became allies. Would peace and trade on fair terms not benifit us all? You are the strongest nation in the world today, but do not forget your responsibility to maintain peace and remember, a union of countries could still defeat you. Also, we freeze our offer for the time being. Our ships go far, but an increase of tensions on the Northern Nile would make such a trade too dangerous.

To Kush: If they accept the old arangement we would support this. If they continue pressing their ridiculous demands (3EP instead of 1), we will have to act as an alliance to bring them to their senses. We are considering an embargo on Egypt, as unfortunate as such measure would be, for everyone, I fear.

To Somalia: Would 3EP change your opinion of us? If not, than let there at least be peace in our time.

To Etrika: Very well. We would like to offer the following:
1: There shall be an agreement of peace and mutual defensive cooperation between our nations. (OOC: DP and NAP)
2: You will be an observer in the Federation, but will not be a full member (our economic plan will not extend to you).
3: If we require mercenaries (example: if Egypt fails to work towards a reasonable solution) We will pay you to join us in the event of unfortunate conflict.

To Bekke: It appears that the concept of a global alliance would not apply to you at the time...

From Tokugawa III
To all Japanese tribes:

We call you on a confederence to speak about peace. We call the Kings to come themselves, along with a small guard if they want.
From Yamato Kingdoms (to the South)
We shall see.
From the Ainu Confederacy to the North
Never. Your taint shall be removed from this Land, I promise that!
To: Faithful Barbarians
CC: Everyone Else

It seems some unfortunate person neglected to inform us of your particular privileges. You'll be happy to know we will be utilizing all our resources for the purpose of viciously dismembering that person. You are therefore welcome to stay at your leisure. Try not to kill, rape or maim anyone.
From Faithful Barbarians
The only ones we will kill and maim are renegade Buggerites.

To Egypt:The previous arangement was mutually beneficial. Why undo it? It was a good peace, not perfect, but good. Kush and Nubia have reasons for antagonism, for Nubia funded the Severi when they were strong. Do not forget, there was once war between you and Nubia. Than you became allies. Would peace and trade on fair terms not benifit us all? You are the strongest nation in the world today, but do not forget your responsibility to maintain peace and remember, a union of countries could still defeat you. Also, we freeze our offer for the time being. Our ships go far, but an increase of tensions on the Northern Nile would make such a trade too dangerous.

To Kush: If they accept the old arangement we would support this. If they continue pressing their ridiculous demands (3EP instead of 1), we will have to act as an alliance to bring them to their senses. We are considering an embargo on Egypt, as unfortunate as such measure would be, for everyone, I fear.

To Somalia: Would 3EP change your opinion of us? If not, than let there at least be peace in our time.

To Etrika: Very well. We would like to offer the following:
1: There shall be an agreement of peace and mutual defensive cooperation between our nations. (OOC: DP and NAP)
2: You will be an observer in the Federation, but will not be a full member (our economic plan will not extend to you).
3: If we require mercenaries (example: if Egypt fails to work towards a reasonable solution) We will pay you to join us in the event of unfortunate conflict.

To Bekke: It appears that the concept of a global alliance would not apply to you at the time...
From Kush
Agreed.
From Somalia
Ooo! I like that stuff. Give it here!
No here! That's mine!
Damn you, I'm taking the mon *stabbed*
*fight breaks out over the money*
From Etrika
That sounds reasonable, for now.

OOC: For Keltia
The Horde of Flames has accepted peace. So now they will try to civilize without falling apart. They distrust Vahshallh somewhat.
The rest of the Buggerites will still move around and be just called Buggerites until they form hordes or split into smaller tribes. As of now, they are killing nuetral Keltic barbarians no one cares about.

To Ainu:

If you wont accept a unified Japan, then for the good of the nation, you will die.

We try to unify Japan under one God, one Emperor, one Law. Our law, our emperor and our god.

Da Update.

EGYPT

to Kush:
This is the last message you will receive diplomatically. Send the required tribute or suffer the wrath of the God-King

to Axum:
Such insolent fools. You threaten the greatest empire in the world? Pathetic. The only responsibility of the God-King is the maintain the divine order of the world. Part of this order is the God-King's rule over all and all's begging for the God-King's mercy. Your first step on the honor of the God-King will be ignored, but anymore will bring the wrath of Egypt upon your shores. Trade is lovely, let if flow, do not form alliances against the Egyptian Empire. For no alliance can stop our might.

Top Bottom