Team Officials

Aivoturso

King
Disclaimer: This post will eventually contain our team officials, including responsibilities of the officials. As we currently don't have agreed on either responsibilities and persons for the positions, I added the names of the persons who have volunteered for these tasks and known responsibilities. This is an not yet an official list. Only well established officials as of now are team captains. If I've missed a name or just want to volunteer for a task, just reply :)

Team Captains:
Sommerswerd
2metraninja

Responsibilities:
General organization, accepting new members of the team to the private forum.

Turn Players:
2metraninja
cav_scout (maybe?)

Resreve:
cav_scout
Aivoturso
Caledorn

Responsibilities:
Playing out the turns.

Turn Loggers:
Bowsling
Aivoturso
Caledorn

Responsibilities:
Taking relevant screenshots every turn. Updating Demograhics data.

Diplomats/Ambassadors:
Caledorn
Bowsling (UniversCiv & Civfr)
Talonschild
2metraninja (WPC & Apolyton)
socralynnek (Civilized.de?)

Responsibilies:
Contacting the other teams. Drafting diplomatic missives.

Demohackers:
YossarianLives
Aivoturso
Arkipeller

Responsibilities:
Interpreting the demographics and civstats data.

I think there was some support for me ambassadoring to UniversCiv and Civfr. Of course, if talons hike wants to take one, I'd be game for that too.

Just put me down for something. Try not to give me seven ambassadorships or anything. ;) Right now I'm too happy that this is about to start to care.

Actually, I like the idea of ambassadorship and diplomacy. It need not be to the Frenchmen. I am linguistically equipped to deal with anyone but the Incas or Zulus.

Of course, if you decide I am better moved elsewhere, then by al means.

Thanks. I added your name to ambassador draft list :) At this point I am not going to assign anyone to any role. What I'm trying to do here is to make visible in which roles we have people willing to commit to and what we are still lacking. On that note, the list of roles is still very much incomplete. There has been some discussion about having a Pollmaster and there is the whole suggestion of having different ministers in the Constitution thread. But as I am currently not aware what is our collective standing on those issues I did not add any of those yet into the list.

I can act as a diplomat for WPC and Apolyton. I know most of the guys over there and know what to expect from them. Despite I have lead the armed forces of Team Amazon last game and being feared by many for my warmongering skills, I think that most of the games I have won came more as result of my diplomacy skills. At least this is what I enjoy most. :)

I want to volunteer for a task. I've been reading up on how to use civstats and the demographics numbers to make pretty good inferences as to what other teams are doing. I need to go figure out how our app is going to work since it sounds like we're going to be tying our spreadsheets with our screenshots somehow, but just wanted to put my name in there for reading the demos for us (hopefully someone wants to volunteer to check my numbers since I've never actually done this before).

Updated. I added my name to "Demohackers" as well. I am not an expert but I did try it out in last demogame. I believe we did have at the point relatively good estimate on Amazon army size. Not that it did any good to us in the end:p Anyway, I can pitch in to that this time as well. And if the maths behind the interpretation is clear enough, we can even try to automate much of the interpretation work as well.

Yes, I'm working on a Google Docs spreadsheet right now with a lot of the numbers automated. I'll post it when I'm done for improvements.

I could talk to Civilized.de, but I suppose they will have enough people writing in English anyway, so probably no need for us to contact someone in German. Also I can guarantee low response time...

I may try to focus on demohacking Yossarian and Aivo. Numbers and systems tends to come easily, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to join the council of secrets.

That's great Arkipeller. You'll notice that we're kind of learning as we go with the demohacking, so the more people checking the numbers and interpreting the data, the better!

I can go through the mechanics of turn playing, if there is a good plan to follow. If you want someone who is a good choice to decide things that don't have a plan, I'm a noble player and therefore probably not a good choice.

I've been trying to focus discussions on the things which need actual decisions. Not sure what we should call that position, or if we want it to be a position, but I'm willing to do it.

Damn, I wanted to write "Can't guarantee low response time".

I guess, once we meet Civilized.de, we should check whether they have some ambassador that can write English. And we can decide then.

Top Bottom