Banana resources.!

rsadiwala95

Chieftain
when getting bananas on jungle (+4 :c5food: with granary)...whats better:
1) leave jungle as it is to provide (+4 :c5food: +2 :c5science:)
2) plantation it... (+5 :c5food:) .?

My choices are:

1) if going wide
2) if going tall, bananas on hills also give +1h if plantationed, not much but every hammer counts. Also I remember that economics (?) increase plantation food, so I would get +6f total.

My choices are:

1) if going wide
2) if going tall, bananas on hills also give +1h if plantationed, not much but every hammer counts. Also I remember that economics (?) increase plantation food, so I would get +6f total.

I believe the tech you ae serching for is fertilizer. Also if you have a granary the food output gets increased by +1. Generally I just leave the jungle on it as I love to crank out the beakers and as Prince Caspian said every little bit counts

I don't think you can put trading posts on bananas, I tried that in a recent game as Monty. The Sacred Path pantheon gives you a nice boost to culture on jungle tiles though, so I left them alone.

Yea you can't build TP on bananas. But you can build forts over them without losing the science bonus/culture bonus from sacred path.

TBH I think it would be fine if they made banana plantations not remove jungle. The fact that the improved tile is often worse than the base tile just smacks of weird and sloppy to me.

TBH I think it would be fine if they made banana plantations not remove jungle. The fact that the improved tile is often worse than the base tile just smacks of weird and sloppy to me.

+1. In this case, i have 2 bad choices with no good choice. My plantation will be worse because i lose the science, if i don't improve the tile, it just sits there.

Being unable to build trade post on it removes the only good option, I like my jungle tiles to not be polluted with bananas.

Worse of all, a river farm is better than a river plantation so the banana just messes things up. Resources should make things better, not worse...

Worse of all, a river farm is better than a river plantation so the banana just messes things up. Resources should make things better, not worse...

Well, strictly speaking the base banana tile is better than the regular one...

But, in general, I agree.

As Sid Meier himself said, a game is a series of interesting choices.

So you can either gain 1 food at Calendar or 2 science at Education, and that would depend on how much you need food early in the game.

I agree though that you should be allowed to add farms, trading posts or mines on top of resources if you want to. Perhaps you could lose the "resource" status of the tile as a disincentive... e.g. if you mine a sheep on a hill, you get 3 hammers instead of 2 food and 2 hammers for pasturising it.

So you can either gain 1 food at Calendar or 2 science at Education, and that would depend on how much you need food early in the game.

I agree though that you should be allowed to add farms, trading posts or mines on top of resources if you want to. Perhaps you could lose the "resource" status of the tile as a disincentive... e.g. if you mine a sheep on a hill, you get 3 hammers instead of 2 food and 2 hammers for pasturising it.

As someone who frequently plays Inca, I would love the ability to murder sheep by replacing them with terraces. Nothing is quite as painful to the Inca as mountain, mountain, mountain, mountain... sheep :mad:

As you later mentioned, the proper fix is to allow other improvements OR to bolster the resource itself. As it is, it's not an interesting choice. It's a silly choice. Just being a choice isn't enough. Plus, having bonuses that are actually hindrances is really sloppy.

I agree, those would be very nice tiles but not overpowered. Right now bananas are like ''meh''.

Doesn't make much sense though. Banana science!! :banana:

With fertaliser, It'll yield +6:c5food:, and with economics, it will yield +1 :c5gold:. One could say you could just wait till then, but you only get the science once you get universities, and before that, having the +1 food would be more benifitial to science anyway.

yeah, true for food, but i already had 2 wheat, in the city....so no need for food for that game, and food wud mean early growth=unhappiness

I'm not so sure I quite agree with you. Pop > jungle tiles for science when going tall, so if you have bananas and/or wheat you should farm or plantation them. If you don't want that city to go tall (as in going wide) then you should not plant farms on wheat or plantations on bananas. Happiness has not much to do with this issue. Whether tall or wide there are always ways to increase happiness. I agree that jungle bananas present a dilemma but until it's fixed I don't see a better alternative than choosing one between 2 unpleasant choices.

Not to mention, if you go plantation, you get it earlier, so you get more food earlier, which could be more useful than more science later.

Top Bottom