[MOD] Werewolves - official scenario for The Authentic Colonization

Writing Bull

Warlord

"Werewolves" is an eerie thriller starting in the New England states of the late 18. century. The War of Independence against the English mother country has ended some years ago. But just as peace and quiet have returned to the ambitious states at the north-eastern shores, surprisingly a threat from the hinterland appears. Werewolves are roaming the forests and are terrorizing the settlers. The beasts are of unheard strength and velocity; they materialize out of a sudden, strike and disappear again. In their distress, the citizens of New England are recalling a legendary commander of the War of Independence who shall organize their resistance now. Who is this person? Of course it is the experienced hero just reading these lines....

"Werewolves" is a mod(ification) for "Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization" and the first official scenario of "The Authentic Colonization" (TAC), the community-mod of German-speaking Civforum. It is not necessary to install TAC too. Werewolves is translated into English, but there are some gaps at the English texts at the Encyclopedia, the ingame-library.

Manual --- FAQ --- Credits --- Download --- Let's-Play-Together-Videos

Attachments

• Manual Werewolves 1.1_ENGLISH.pdf
    50.4 KB · Views: 660
  • Werewolves Logo.jpg
    Werewolves Logo.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 16,995
  • Werewolf Warrior.JPG
    Werewolf Warrior.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 17,700
  • Manual Werewolves 1.2_ENGLISH.pdf
    50.3 KB · Views: 2,469
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

How complicated is the installation?
It's very simple. You get an installer. Please start the exe-file and follow the instructions. Werewolves requires the official patch 1.01f. We recommend installing the patch manually to avoid any issues. You can download the patch here. The Steam Version patches the game automatically. Please don’t mind that save games from the vanilla version cannot be played with Werewolves.

Does Werewolves override any data from the vanilla version?
No, it doesn’t. You don’t need any backup.

What if I don’t like Werewolves?
Just play the vanilla version. You don’t need to uninstall Werewolves.

Must I uninstall older versions of Werewolves after the release of a newer version?
No. Each Werewolves-version has an own name. You can delete the old versions to get more space, but that isn't necessary.

Can I play Werewolves together with other mods?
No, sorry. The game allows only one mod at time. This is reasonable because two mods don’t get along with each other.

How can I start Werewolves?
If you use the installer, you get a desktop icon. Double click on it.

Does Werewolves contain bugs?
Werewolves is software, and software has always some bugs. But it contains only few bugs meantime.

What about the multiplayer-mode?
It is not possible to use the MP-mode because there is only one playable nation.

Can I use the ingame-tutorial?
No, sorry. We haven't adapted it to Werewolves. Therefore it is disabled. That is a general problem of Colonization-mods, it is too laborous to adapt the tutorial to all changes which had happened.

The billboards of the settlements have problems to show the right names of the cities. Can you help me?
That bug isn't specific to Werewolves but to all mods. Mods for Civ4Col which are installed at MyGames-folder don't work if there is a special sign (like "ä", "é", "ñ", "ç") at the user name of the MyGames-folder. Create a new folder named "mods" at the main game installation directory and put the Werewolves-folder there.

After playing Werewolves some hours, the pauses between two rounds are lengthy. Can you help me?
That's a problem of the Colonization game engine, it isn't specific to Werewolves. Please save the game, go to the desktop, restart Colonization and load the save game.

What's about the future of Werewolves?
At our German-speaking forum we are developing updates for “Werewolves”.

How can I contact you?
You can contact us via Civforum or via email to writing.bull [ at ] gmx.de .

Credits

"Werewolves" is a mod(ification) for "Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization" and an official scenario of "The Authentic Colonization" (TAC), the community-mod of German-speaking Civforum.

Lead Design: Writing Bull
Support: Commander Bello (translation), Elwood (DLL), KJ_Jansson (gamefonts, icons), koma13 (DLL), Pie (Python-events) and Willi Tell (xml)
Map-design: Elwood, Logan, MaCross, Mhhkay, Writing Bull
Tester-team: Darfnix, Elwood, Heinz von Stein, jamotide, Kolalan, Logan, MaCross, Miez, Stoepsel and Thymon

"Werewolves" includes in addition to TAC some graphics, photos and pieces of music which were made by other creators. Special thanks go to:

Graphics and photos:
seZereth, Rabbit, White (3-D-units werewolves)
melcher kuerzer (3-D-units ranger, cattle breeder, widow, Hartmann, Faraday, Frankenstein)
Team "Fall from Heaven 2" (3-D-artwork basecamp, electricity, Royal grave, ancient sacrificial altar, plantation)
Willi Tell (3-D-artwork small farm, big farm, planting, plantation)
Kailric (3-D-artwork small fort)
Fankman (Bugfixing 3-D-artwork small fort)
Team "1492 Global Colonization" (3-D-artwork hemp)
Muffet - flickr (photo for loading screen)
Putneypics - flickr (photo for enzyclopedia, diplomatic screen, screen brothers manson)
not on your nelly - flickr (photo for screen brothers manson)
pdbreen - flickr (photo Leaderhead Commander)
and
CGTextures.com and CGSkies (textures, photo LoadingScreenBGslideshow)
(The images of CGTextures and CGSkies may not be redistributed by default, please visit www.cgtextures.com for more information.)

Soundtrack:
David Gay-Perret (Adieu, Epilogue, Epilogue Version Piano, L'Autre Monde, Retrouvailles)
Tobias Mitter (Dark March)
Alex Must (Birth of Fairies, Emerald Forest)
Stidiek (Agoraphobia, Little Umbrella, Shuffle Along, Words falling)
Mattias Westlund (Exploration, Ruins, The Silver Tree, Traveling Minstrels)
zero-project (Dance of the fairies, End of a story, Forest of the unicorns, Winter princess)
Ramkhamhaeng (thundershower)
Sam Fox and FreqMan (Hurry Music)
(Please read "Credits Soundtrack.txt" to get more information about the music.)

Thanks to
Firaxis and 2Kgames (files from Civ4/BtS, Civ5 and Pirates)
community of Wikipedia
and
tomdotio for our "Let's Play Together"-videos

Please read the ingame-credits at the Encyclopedia to get detailed credits-information.

"Werewolves" is a non-commercial mod project. If you use or distribute Werewolves please pay attention to the copyright. We allow usage and distribution as long as Werewolves remains non-commercial. As a matter of course it is permitted to use Werewolves in an own mod project as long as the copyrights are not harmed, and it is a non-commercial project too. If you use Werewolves in an own mod project you have to make clear that you have done changes to the original Werewolves. If you wish to use artwork, we could give you more information about the creators so that you could mention them in the credits of your own modification.

I am really thrilled with the quality, the atmosphere and genuine feel of DANGER in this scenario, even though I am more into accurate historical scenarios! The possibility to get "Brother Mason/Founding Father" as a unit is really original idea, I am surprised nobody had come with that idea before! Electricity graphic is very cool, but I am not sure about the concept -- do werewolves usually get afraid of electricity :D ?

It is very important not to meet with Werewolves too early. You should only go look for them when you have couple of strong units. I had my settlements devoured in no time after my scout stumbled across their village.

Is there any way to opt out from going through the same (very creative) pop-up screens with an old tale (Your Antagonist "achievements")?

I am really thrilled with the quality, the atmosphere and genuine feel of DANGER in this scenario.
Thank you, Tigranes. :king:
Is there any way to opt out from going through the same (very creative) pop-up screens with an old tale (Your Antagonist "achievements")?
Sorry, I'm not sure, if I have got your point. Do you wish to stop the little introduction-story told by the pop-up-screens? No, that is not possible. But you can leave them by using "Escape".

Well, my point is after the tenth game player might learn the story by heart and does not need to see all those beautiful pop ups :D

Thanks for making this, its a really creative idea and I like it. :goodjob:

btw maybe change the Brothers Manson to something like Masonic Brothers if they are Freemasons like many colonial leaders were. The Manson family is not who I'd want in my colonies! ;)

Werewolves 1.2 has been released!
You can download our new version here.

Werewolves 1.2 is a full version of this modification based on TAC (The Authentic Colonization). The new version improves the balancing and the AI of the Werewolves-units. Additionally you will get new maps, events, quests, units and terrain-improvements.

List of the most important changes:

• 12 (!) new maps
  • Goal of the game: increased percentage of all terrain fields that have to be colonized
  • During the course of the game more and more strong and mighty werewolves will be created
  • Improved AI of Werewolves-units
  • Cavalry may be used to wear down the foes, as all mounted units have a good chance to retreat from lost fights
  • Unit Frankenstein's creature gets bonuses for attacking a city
  • New unit war chief defending the native settlement
  • Pioneers can build little forts outside of settlements but within your own borders, thus providing additional defensive boni for units which are not marked with "no defensive bonus"
  • New unit jesuit that will produce two additional crosses per turn, making them very useful even in the chapels of smaller settlements
  • Unit oxcart can be built at settlements with a chapel
  • It is easier to get expensive Brothers Manson
  • Carpenter produce Brothers-Manson-points more rapidly
  • Brother Manson John Carroll gives jesuits instead of oxcarts
  • After having been in use for 20 turns small farms or plantings will be raised to the next level
  • Many new events and quests
  • 4 new achievements
  • A couple of small fixings

Attachments

• Portal WW 1.2_640x320.jpg
    Portal WW 1.2_640x320.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 11,439
Salut Robert! :)
Merci beaucoup, c'est très gentil à toi!

12 new maps. Wow! I'm impressed. How do you manage to do so many maps in such a short time ? :king:
:blush: I have found other modders who have created the maps ...

Seriously: I produced a video-tutorial, here on YouTube. I showed how I created a map by way of an example. Then four other modders (Elwood, MaCross, Logan and Mhhkay) have created their own maps, have uploaded them here at our German development-forum and the community has tested them.

I can't download it from anywhere
The download links posted work perfectly for me. :dunno:

And this here from the download section works as well. :confused:

---------

Summary:

I have really no idea why the downloads do not work for you. :dunno:
(All the links provided still work perfectly fine ...)

Maybe it is just a broswer issue on your side. :dunno:
(Try another browser and see what happens.)

Last edited:
Sorry it was my browser, I tried another one and there it worked. :blush:
Is the mod compatible with WeThePeople-3.0.1?

Sorry it was my browser, I tried another one and there it worked. :blush:
Is the mod compatible with WeThePeople-3.0.1?
No, they are 2 separate mods with totally different XMLs and DLLs and are thus totally incompatible.
You can only use 1 mod at a time, you can not use 2 mods (with 2 DLLs) in parallel in Civ4Col.

Top Bottom