SGOTM 16 - Plastic Ducks

Warrior revealed one big nothing. Settler 1W.

Demographics explained:
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/strategy/demographics.php

I am on my mobile phone and away from home so I can't add much more than this. We also need to know which units do AIs start with on Emperor and then calculate a bit until we realize who that 18k AI is. Probably Mansa or Hamurabi.

I vote for 1W, to make the scouting more efficient since the warrior will go upwards.

There might be somebody with UU instead of archers, but the techs of hunting/mining/wheel can also affect the number.

I'm checking C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Assets/XML/CIV4HandicapInfo.xml

1. hunting and archery are free to emperor, so 8000 soldiers
2. AIs start with two archers, so 6000 soldiers
3. Skirmisher or Bowman can only add 2000 soldiers each.
4. Wheel=4000 soldiers and mining=2000 soldiers.

Therefore, any comination is possible to justify the additional 14,000 soldiers.

Alright let's get quacking! (Do plastic ducks really quack?:confused:)
Mine does :)

Further moves (just some food for discussion at this stage)
- Settle 1W if no extraordinary inspiration is received after the settler movement.
- Build a worker in Paris
- Tech mining (save beakers in case we meet an AI that knows mining)
- Circle counter-clock wise with our warrior
Agreed. Next move is settler W and warrior NW. That's pretty definite. Next a screen shot. Assuming we settle, we'll need another screen shot after Paris is founded Then comes a final decision on the tech path. Mining is certainly the most likely choice.

After that, do we need to do this one turn at a time after that or do we let SJ chose the warrior path? If not, what are the stopping points? I suggest we leave to SJ, stopping when the tech comes in or when we meet an AI, whichever comes first.

We don't need to assign any tech in the 1st 5 turns, we might gain some bonus this way. However I doubt we could meet any AI in the 1st 5 turns.

Agree with settler 1W and mine. Agree with warrior scout counter clockwise, if soundjata needs suggestions, you can always stop and ask for feed back. Good luck!:)

BTW, you don't need to submit the intermediate saves.

5 votes for Settler 1W. I proceed.

Edit: Sorry for the delay,

Moved settled 1W, end turn, moved warrior NW.

Let's settle where we are!
(also note the blue circle near our warrior: more seafood?)
Spoiler :

Had we moved 1NW with the settler, we would have grabbed a desert tile in Paris BFC.
Also, there seems to be more floodplains down the river.

Demographics, few coastal cities = good for GLH
Spoiler :

Waiting for some votes and will probably continue tomorrow morning. Enough emotion for today :)
[Almost midnight in here = Vietnam]

edit(2): scouting pattern for the warrior will probably be 3NW then 4SW in the next 7 turns.

edit(3): As Louis is creative, we could scout a little bit further from Paris (2nd border pop will come soon enough) Something like NE, 3NW etc... Interesting?

My input: settle now, warrior goes NE.

GNP reveals a civ of creative + financial- William?

Approval rate means there's only one charismatic leader?

Looks like the tile 1W and 1NW of the riverside PH are 2FPs, plus the PH city center, which could offer a faster opening. However, the available forests are way less than SIP, I guess SIP is my choice. If Cow or Pig in BFC then research AH, otherwise mining, not very sure BW or pottery next, although BW seems more likely.

Warrior could scout ~3 turns north and then turn west.

@ Duckweed
Your first sentence is about settling 2W2S I guess.

Ladies and Ducklemen, we have got 3 votes for SIP.

SIP!

Can I fog gaze or can I fog gaze. :D

Duckweed, did you get confused by sides of the world?
Or did you mean 2S of current settler position?
Settling ph is supernice, but it is possible there is no food there. Whoever decides to gamble on settling PH and gets good food resource will have an advantage on us. But we have ok food, bunch of riversides, forests and hills and SIP will be awesome bureaucracy capital. We also settle a turn earlier. So SIP.

Without further vote I will proceed in ~7 hours from now.

Proceed =
- settle
- provide a test game
- PPP until mining.

Settle. Warrior NE. Then give us a Pic and a save please!

Choice of research needs to wait until we see the BFC but unless there's a hidden resource Mining is certainly the way to go.

Agree with Duckweed that warrior 3N (moving on diagonals) and then west is about right.

5 votes I proceed :)

Paris is settled. A mediocre capitol :/

Spoiler :

PPP:
Research: Nothing for 6 turns, then mining until completionNothing for 4 turns. Start researching mining @ turn 5 in the game.
Build: A worker. City governor ON (floodplain)
Warrior: zigzag north for 3 turns then west. Anti bear shield ON
Stop when: meet an AI or mining completed.

Working on the test game now.

Paris is settled. A mediocre capitol :/

PPP:
Research: Nothing for 6 turns, then mining until completion

Oops, coming in a bit late but that's what I would have voted anyways, so no prob.

"Mediocre", I'm not sure. It's not "great" for sure, especially on the food side, but at some point those 14 river tiles are going to work wonders, and till then, we have 11 forests to chop, so I'm sure we'll be able to make something out of it.

As for research, are you sure about this 6 turns thing? Is it from your test game, because I was under the impression that we would lose beakers after the 5th turn?

@ BBKJ yes it could be 5 turn (always listen to Duckweed :wallbash:) Never tested that :)

Test game attached!

Edit: We need to start researching Mining on T5 in the game, or lose our beakers.

Will be back tonight (Now + 4hours)

Attachments

• Plastic Louis BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    39 KB · Views: 57
Mediocre at best :/
I expected a bit more food.

I am not sure about 6 turns. I think it is 5 turns. Meaning you should choose tech on turn 6. Please test this before proceeding. You also don't lose beakers. They get allocated to some tech but you don't get to choose which.

I agree with warrior movement.

Edit: xpost with soundjata

Mediocre at best :/
I expected a bit more food.

At size 5 working the corn, the farmed FP and the 3 hills, food surplus is +1 ://

On the bright side we don't need extra happiness for a while :D

Edit: Will be back tomorrow. Please make your comments or green light on the PPP :dance:

@ Duckweed
Your first sentence is about settling 2W2S I guess.

:yup:

Plan looks good.

SIP!

Can I fog gaze or can I fog gaze. :D

Duckweed, did you get confused by sides of the world?
Or did you mean 2S of current settler position?
Settling ph is supernice, but it is possible there is no food there. Whoever decides to gamble on settling PH and gets good food resource will have an advantage on us. But we have ok food, bunch of riversides, forests and hills and SIP will be awesome bureaucracy capital. We also settle a turn earlier. So SIP.

1. Setting on that PH guarantees 3 FPs, which is even slightly better than the Dry corn and 1FP in early stage.

2. FPs are usually clustered, so the chance of including more FPs in capital is quite high. Moreover, there also could have other resources in the dark area.

3. The yield from the PH city center exceeds the delay of settling by 1 turn.

The downside is the available forests, less riverside tiles, and potential worse tiles like desert.

In conclusion, it's a gamble. If it's not this game which we need long term consideration of capital, I will go for the PH site for faster opening.

Green light from me.

Top Bottom