Orcs and Humans

Wars of Warcraft: Month 6

THE ROGUE PRINCE. Political troubles have beset the high elves of Quel'Thalas this month as the younger Prince Thalressar Sunstrider has rebelled against his father, Anasterian. A younger swordsman, unlike his older brother Kael'thas, who is known for his magecraft in Dalaran, has forsaken his kingdom, taking ships to wage a private war on the human kingdoms of the south. Believing the humans to be the true enemy of the elven people, Thalressar and those loyal to him have taken six ships and begun a campaign of piracy against human shipping. Docking in various coves and great caverns, the corvettes have only just begun striking against the humans, attacking merchant ships and building up their capabilities for a war on humanity. The ruler of the elves has unfortunately been forced to denounce his son's actions, and has asked the humans to return him and his forces in custody to Quel'thalas, but as yet, no luck has been had in catching him.

NEW FOREST TROLL WAR. War has once more arrived in the tranquil Hinterlands as the Vilebranch and Amani trolls have begun fighting for control over the Revantusk Village and tribal lands. These lands, which had been earlier seized in an Amani attack, have been disputed ever since, though the disputes were put aside in favor of the invasion of eastern Lordaeron. The loss of that campaign and the forces the Vilebranch sent to fight the humans were blamed upon Zul'jin and the Amani, and a perceived betrayal and refusal to help the Vilebranch trolls escape. The Vilebranch army has marched upon the Amani Tribe, seeking to secure total rule over the troll of the Hinterlands. The Amani trolls were woefully outnumbered and outmatched, with most of their armies still in the north, defending the borders from the dastardly elves. Therefore, it was no surprise when the battle was quickly fought and the defenders of Revantusk Village were slaughtered and routed in combat. A few did manage to retreat further up the coast, where they were picked up by destroyers and returned home to Zul'Aman.
Casualty Lists
Amani Tribe: 20 Warriors, 10 Axe-Throwers, 2 Shamans
Vilebranch Tribe: 30 Warriors, 8 Axe-throwers, 4 Shamans

ASSAULT UPON THE WITHERBARK. After several months of skirmishing, a shift has finally taken place in the war between Stromgarde and the Witherbark trolls. The arrival of an army from Lordaeron led by Sir Leroy Jenkins brought to bear an impressive force against the trolls, outnumbering them over six to one. The humans used their own magical abilities and ranged superiority to suppress the troll axe-throwers and shamans, though the shaman Mai'jin continued to cleverly outwit and outfight his enemies. Despite all his cleverness and own abilities, the trolls stood little chance of victory, being far outmatched in weapons and soldiers. Though each troll managed to take down easily his own number of human soldiers, and a berserker charge led to the temporarily stall of the human knights, the outcome was inevitable. Eventually, with the women and children in tow, Mai'jin and a few others managed to escape to the south, evading human patrols and crossing the Thandol Span under the cover of darkness.
Casualty Lists
Lordaeron: 120 Warriors, 85 Archers, 25 Knights, 30 Clerics (+1 Level for Leroy Jenkins; +100 Gold, +400 Lumber)
Stromgarde: 60 Warriors, 40 Archers, 10 Knights, 2 Mages (+1 Level for Danath Trollbane; +100 Gold, +400 Lumber)
Witherbark Tribe: 70 Warriors, 50 Axe-throwers, 8 Berserkers, 2 Shamans (+1 Level for Mai'jin)

GNOMES BEGIN SELLING CARVINGS. In an unusual break from their usual commerce in kooky inventions and insanity, the gnomes have begun selling rather unique carvings to discerning buyers. So far this has been a miserable failure, as for some reason, carvings of gears and steam have not really been in much appeal to anyone. There thus has begun to rise a great pile of rejected carvings, as it seems that this attempt at a new enterprise has been met with disaster. Some progress was noted however, as this has granted gnomish families quite possibly the most ornate firewood for their furnaces in history.

THE THORIUM WAR CONTINUES. What has been termed as the Thorium War has continued throughout the Badlands and Searing Gorge, as the various dwarven factions fight for control. After last month's victory at Thorium Citadel, the Bronzebeards have mustered their gnomish and dwarven allies and marched west upon the heartland mines of the Dark Irons. Outnumbered and outmatched, the Dark Irons have chosen not to resist openly, launching a guerilla war against the invaders. Therefore, the war has been reduced mostly to skirmishing, as the Dark Irons rarely presented a significant target, fighting mostly at night and relying on their knowledge of the local terrain and communities. Regardless, guerilla tactics do not hold ground and the Thorium Brotherhood has returned, offering an alternative to Thaurissan's rule. Acting as a usurper to the Dark Iron throne, Malyfous Darkhammer has retaken Thorium Point, his home community, and established unified control between the Searing Gorge and the new citadel in the Badlands. Thanks to the support of the rest of his allies, the Thorium Brotherhood has destroyed the local defenses, as the main Dark Iron army fortifies the ancient citadel of Blackrock Mountain.
Casualty Lists
Bronzebeard Clan: 20 Warriors, 5 Clerics, 1 Mortar (+270 Gold, +20 Lumber)
Gnomeregan: 5 Snipers, 1 Autogun (+270 Gold, +20 Lumber)
Thorium Brotherhood: 10 Warriors, 1 Mortar (+270 Gold, +20 Lumber)
Dark Iron Clan: 30 Warriors

CREATION OF THE EYE OF THE FLAME. The Eye of the Flame was created by the stalwart geomancers residing in the heart of Blackrock Mountain, the citadel of the Dark Iron Clan. Appearing in the form of ruby and designed to use the natural ley lines which link upon the mountain to channel greater magic, the artifact is a treasured new possession of the ruler of the Dark Irons. The Eye was granted to Dagran, as a new symbol of his office, and stands as a true marker of his own personal political power. All reports suggest however, that the artifact would quite probably hold greater influence and abilities for a hero with skill and knowledge of magic. As great as his other features may b, Dagran Thaurissan is no mage.

HORDE INVADES SOUTHERN DARK IRON LANDS. While most of the Horde remains committed against the humans further south, the war has been brought to the lands of the dwarves. The Lightning's Blade Clan has caught the dwarves by surprise, razing the town of Thaurissan and the nearby mines. They have easily smashed the local militias, and scattered the dwarves, leaving them nowhere to hide in the Burning Steppes. The orcs have swept across the lands and successfully looted the region of its meager worth and have prepared themselves to push onward to the great city of Blackrock Mountain. With the Dark Irons besieged from both north and south, it seems that dark times have descended upon this dwarven clan. The orcs have met a new race beyond the humans and goblins for the first time in battle and emerged triumphant, sending the dwarves running in what minor skirmishes have taken place with no serious losses. (+360 Gold for Lightning's Blade Clan)

STORMWIND'S NOBILITY FLEES. As the battle drums beat and the siege lines are dug, the humans of Stormwind City have grown increasing nervous as the noose is tightened. With word arriving of the horrific atrocities performed upon the communities of Westfall, the young Prince Varian was sent off in the night for Stromgarde Keep. Though Anduin Lothar attempted to keep the departure of the prince quiet, the constant barrage of orcish catapults and the persistent siege led many nobles to follow in the prince's footsteps. Furthermore, the navy of Kul Tiras began evacuating Stormwind's civilians, and bringing them to refugee camps in Kul Tiras itself. The great flight from Stormwind has only grown throughout the month, and it seems that it will only escalate as the siege continues.

DARIUS CROWLEY ASSASSINATED. The half-orc assassin Garona has struck yet again, striking fear into the hearts of the men of Gilneas. Their leader and hero, the mage Darius Crowley, was slain by the assassin within the besieged walls of Stormwind. The cunning murderess has once more eluded the best efforts of the Stormwind Guard and Army to locate her, despite her believed presence within the very city walls. Her activities have grown increasingly notorious and her skills are matched by none of the greatest human spies or scouts. The death of the leader of the Gilnean Expedition has caused many back home in Gilneas itself to question the wisdom of involvement in Stormwind, when it seems the city is so close to collapse. The morale of the defenders has continued to plummet, to the lowest point it has been since the assassination of King Llane. (+1 Level for Garona)

THE SIEGE OF STORMWIND. The great forces of the Alliance and the Horde have been amassed along the outskirts of the capital of Stormwind. Stormwind Keep stands as a towering bastion against all those who would challenge it, and had broken the Twilight's Hammer and Bleeding Hollow Clans when the Horde had first arrived in Azeroth. The Horde have yet to attack, as they dig new siege lines and a battle continues as spellcasters and catapults battle one another across the no-man's-land between the city walls and the Horde barricades. There have been no skirmishes in the melee, as the fighting has turned towards ranged combat and both sides continue to amass what strength they can for the upcoming battles ahead. Many believe that the moment is the calm before the storm, as the Horde prepares itself for its greatest battle yet.
Casualty Lists
Blackrock Clan: 7 Catapults
Bleeding Hollow Clan: 2 Catapults
Gurubash Tribe: 15 Axe-throwers
Skullsplitter Tribe: 5 Axe-throwers
Gilneas: 10 Archers
Stormwind: 15 Archers, 3 Catapults

THE RAZING OF WESTFALL. The Frostwolf Clan has begun another rampage of raiding and pillaging, with limited support from raiders and warriors of the Blackrock Clan. Taking a leave of absence from the siege lines around Stormwind City itself, the Frostwolf Clan has been sent southwest to destroy the remaining bases of Stormwind's support. The province of Westfall is the cornerstone of this support, possessing many of the farms and mines feeding and supplying Stormwind's war machine. With nothing but militia and a few marines of Kul Tiras defending the region, the Horde has invaded and crushed the local militias. The resulting pillaging of Moonbrook has resulted in the death of all of the town's inhabitants, and the scattered few remainders of the human population have fled into the mountains or with the aid of Kul Tiras's navy, which provided support for a limited evacuation along the northwestern coast of the province. The orcs have thoroughly plundered the region and pushed through the lands, providing themselves with greater wealth and power. (+570 Gold, +150 Lumber to Frostwolf Clan)

Limited Supplies Arrive for the Horde

Blackrock Clan: +60 Gold, +100 Lumber

Bleeding Hollow Clan: +20 Gold, +100 Lumber

Frostwolf Clan: +100 Gold, +110 Lumber

Lightning's Blade Clan: +100 Gold, +60 Lumber

Twilight's Hammer Clan: +70 Gold, +80 Lumber

Diplomatic Pouch

To: King Magni of the Bronzebeard Clan

We have never had dispute with you or your people, and seek only to pass through your lands for shelter elsewhere. We will not attack your people and soldiers if you extend us the same courtesy in our passage.

OOC

@ELITEOFWARMAN8: The forces in Stormwind can be withdrawn at any time, there's a port, and no blockade preventing any escape by sea.

@Gen. Mannerheim: Due to the lack of previous or current orders, I have done my best to recall what forces you possessed in the Revantusk territory, and have therefore turned sympathy towards any losses suffered in that campaign.

@Bonefang: As I stated on the thread, with the proper resources contributed, it is no problem to do what you have asked. However, you can have control of either the wayward prince or Quel'thalas itself, not both. You cannot give orders for both groups, and in the meantime, I will conduct the prince the best I can based on what your statements have led me to suspect of his motivations.

World Map

Spoiler :

Hey, EQ: I should Either have more expertise banked or the Rocket Cannon finished. Thanks

Thanks EQ....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,NOOOOO DARIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I can raise another hero then :D!

IC:

Well my fellow Humans, do you wish to withdraw via my small navy with the men I can carry?

To: Warlord Zarantu of Lightning's Blade Clan

Ya need ta turn back. Now, ya ken continue harrying dwarrow who hae no fight with ya, or ya ken make some powerful enemies. I reckon we dwarrow could set aside our fights ta make sure we ken fight in the future.

To: Chief Mai'jin of the Witherbark Tribe

We know of yer fight with the humans and the elves, but we hain't have an axe ta grind in yer fight. We reckon ya ken pass through ta where ever ya might go, but ya better be cautious goin' south. The hoard is approachin' Blackrock, and we reckon there'll be a bit of a fight. If yer wantin' ta settle in the east, yer gonna have ta talk ta Clan Dunwald and Clan Thundermar. Either we, we see no harm in lettin' ya through our lands. If ya betray our trust, we ken simply wipe yer tribe out.

To: King Dagran Thaurissan of the Dark Iron Clan
CC: Dryfous Darkhammer of the Thorium Brotherhood

Ya know why we got involved with this, Dagran? Ya attacked our guests. Now, what problems ya have with Dryfous are yer own, but we reckon ya have paid for the insult ya hae shown ta Bronzebeard Clan. Now, we also reckon our clans can settle what ever differences we hae in due time. There's a bit of a pressin' matter facin' us though. The hoard at yer door? They ain't gonna give in, if they don't stop now. Now we ken fight until the rest of the hoard comes bearing down on Blackrock, and let them take all our clans. Or we ken stop bickering until we know we ain't hae to fear the hoard interferin' in Dwarrow affairs. What say ya? I reckon we ken make a truce, and if the horde decides ta fight, we fight them as Dwarrow untied. If the horde does not wish to lose, we can help ya make a treaty with the Thorium Brotherhood. What say ya?

To: King Magni of the Bronzebeard Clan

We're just helping out, and were ordered last month not to move on Blackrock. We will be in touch with our Warchief for further instructions, hopefully the peace between our peoples can continue.

To: Bronzebeard Clan

We will not send soldiers through your territories to chase a dying clan, do what you wish with the trolls who are invading your territory and only acting nice so that you do not kill them. We will warn you though, if you allow them to set up near you then when they grow powerful once again they will not remember how nice you were.

To: Dalaran

Would you be willing to send Stromgarde another 5 mages for lumber? If so how much lumber would you require for the mages?

to: King Magni of Bronzebeard Clan

I have no choise but to agree to this Truce you propose. However, if this peace comes to be, our forces have to be prepared for possibility that my people must abandon the Shadowforge City, and flee to Searing Gorge.

Apparently I put in the wrong date for the update deadline. Deadline is in 24 hours.

@EQ: Phew!

To: King Dagran Thaurissan of the Dark Iron Clan

Glad ta hear that.

OOC: I will be out of the country for the next 10 days, so please send all diplo for the Gurubashi to EQ

I've been a bit waylaid by XCOM, but rest assured that I fully intend to update in the next couple of days. When the alien invasion is in ashes and I have not updated, this NES has my permission to die ( :p ).

Top Bottom