SGOTM 16 - U'nu'sual S'us'pec'ts

Wow, that is super lucky. Keep going, it doesnt change the micro i think,

Yeah, I've been looking things over. I think the micro in Paris stays about the same. The micro in production is going to be altered a little bit. I'll be as careful as possible.

Insta connected gold, i hope you ignored my advice about gp farm growing to 4:)

Those forges have suddenly become a whole bunch more appealing.

Its funny really, you do all this testing and something (awesome) like this happens

Turn 86
Sheep city is looking to definitely be on an island.
Opened Borders with Brennus. He has axes. He has a settler party in his city 5S4W of Clams.

Turn 87
A Great Scientist has been born in a faraway land.

Those forges have suddenly become a whole bunch more appealing.

Its funny really, you do all this testing and something (awesome) like this happens

:crazyeye: Yeah, it's messing with my mind.

If he settles north, most likely it will be next to the corn.

Axes, bummer! If we are his target we are screwed, not that we can really do anything about it.

Edit: are there stacks?

It looks like he's settling to the coast to take that southern gem site (WRONG). I haven't seen a stack yet. If there is it would over to the west. Working on it.

Edit: Because on turn 89 we found Ramesses with our southern workboat. He's on the western end of our continent.

Glad to finally find ramesses, go straight for Alpha, at 100%. Then at least we can beg, trade, steal...

Is ramesses blocking the wb?

I was happy, now im sad. But this is a positive actually, saves us a settler

First thought: production doesnt need the next settler, lets get cranking chariots as well

The road to Brennus will be finished in 2 turns, but we already have trade routes with him. This and the Gold has improved our economy markedly.

Having opened the save, it looks simple really. Paris & Production to produce chariots, we will need about 7-8 :)

edit: 1am here, to time for bed

Turns 84 - 89

Autolog

Spoiler :
Turn 85, 750 BC: You have discovered Writing!
Turn 85, 750 BC: You have discovered a source of Gold near Paris!

Turn 86, 725 BC: Antoine Laurent Lavoisier (Great Scientist) has been born in a far away land!

Turn 88, 675 BC: Production will become unhappy on the next turn.
Turn 88, 675 BC: GP Farm will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 88, 675 BC: Production will grow to size 5 on the next turn.
Turn 88, 675 BC: Commerce will grow to size 4 on the next turn.

Turn 89, 650 BC: GP Farm has grown to size 5.
Turn 89, 650 BC: Production has grown to size 5.
Turn 89, 650 BC: Production has become unhappy.
Turn 89, 650 BC: Commerce has grown to size 4.
Turn 89, 650 BC: Commerce can hurry Granary for 2⇴ with 6ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.

Turn 90, 625 BC: GP Farm can hurry Library for 2⇴ with 18ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 90, 625 BC: Production has become happy.

Buffy Log

So I'm pretty sure I had this working, but I guess I didn't. I'm really, really sorry. I will fiddle around with a non-SGOTM buffy game later and see if I can get this fixed.

Some Key Screenshots from the Turnset

Spoiler :

I was really worried I was going to screw this one up. Phew.

Spoiler :

We found Ramesses:

Spoiler :

State of the World

Spoiler :

State of the Empire (in pictures, mostly)

Spoiler :

1) I say we continue with the settler/worker/galley/chariot plan and simply settle the city 3W1S of where we were planning to settle.

2) The new barb sheep city isn't perfect. But it's close enough so I say we take it.

3) We will take the Barb city on our island first though.

4) Should we build/chop/whip a barracks in Production?

Keep the questions coming. And as a team let's decide who's going to take the next few turns. I've now played 8 I think. So I'd be okay to either stop or keep going.

Wow, Brennus has rather a lot of resources! Let's go get some of those one of these days.

It's too bad the barbarians built that city 1S of fish instead of 1SW. But it does save us a settler. Let's go ahead and put our settler on the western edge of that island and get the overseas trade routes going.

Woo hoo :D:D:D:D:D on popping gold :gold::gold::gold: !!!

I lean toward having Production build chariots, and not bother with a barracks yet. Seems to me that quick chariots to take the two barbarian cities fast fast fast is in our best interests here. They'll also be useful in the (goddess forbid) event Brennus is targeting us. Let the chariots get their experience beating up on barbarians. I could be convinced otherwise, the +1 happy from the GOLD!!! is making our lives much easier.

Keep exploring to find Brennus stack and figure out the rest of the continent.

I agree with Benginal on the location of the next city on the island, but now I really support sending a chariot over first to scout out the land better and defend settler/worker from barbarians. Can we have the first wave on the boat be chariot+settler?

In production we're going to get an unhappy face very shortly which is screaming for a 2-pop whip. The logical choices are galley, barracks, or forge. Do I hear votes for any of those? Or votes not to whip?

Chris, I agree that we should land a chariot with the first wave. It might be possible to load a chariot and settler on the first boat. Then whip in a second galley very soon after to bring over a worker. That way we get the 2-pop whip we need in Production and get a second galley which will be useful for the eventual assault on barb-sheep.

We probably can make do with just the one galley, though. Comments?

Top Bottom