TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

Update 16: Many Hues of Blood
800 Years into the Bronze Age​

Once, I was a man. Then, I discovered Civilization IV. More importantly, I discovered CFC Story and Tales. And then… the crown jewels of my mortal life: I discovered NESing.

After two years of turmoil, of terror, of badly rhyming verse and ungrammatical prose, I have achieved apotheosis. I have become of the few, the mighty. I have become a NESer.

But even so, mighty forces of Chaos and Evil sought to derail me from my path to Mod hood. Discord allied with Real Life, throwing friends, enemies, frenemies and school work in my path. Totalitarian figures known as “Parents” signed a Pact to stop fighting each other and focus on me instead. Flaming walls were established, time control, extra curriculars. All to prevent me to achieve my goal.

But I have side stepped and overcome each and every difficulty. And so I established, as a Moderator at Last, the world of TerraNES.

But the forces of Chaos are thus renewed. “Junior Year is upon you” call the parents, “You must get a job! And apply for college! And take a dozen standardized tests until you get perfect scores! And sleep before twelve o’clock! And stop reading novels or NES!”

They fear my power to create entire worlds while they are shackled to the wrench of Society.

“You can’t” says real life. “You have friends, rivals, homework, schoolwork, essays, projects, reading, writing, grammar, science, math, history, AP coursework, debate! You can’t abandon them!”

They fear my power to create my own reality.

Here I stand before you all, for I have returned from the Abyss of Real Life. I have applied for jobs and colleges. I have taken the tests and await their replies. I have satisfied friends, frustrated rivals, finished schoolwork, completed homework, wrote essays, created projects, comprehending reading, utilized grammar, understood science, calculated math, investigated history and reviewed my AP coursework.

And the reality of TerraNES, once more endowed with I, its imperfect, but irreplaceable Moderator, is once again alive.

Mississippi

And so we arrive at the growing empire of Nanekatae. Soldiers march north to the growing military town of Katan, subjugating the farming tribes there and bringing them into the Empire. To the west, combat grows heavy against the Pawnee tribes, who gave as much as they took, but were slowly forced back. In their refugee-filled villages, chiefs are discussing unity in the face of the seemingly unstoppable empire. (Nanekatae -1 Warrior -1 Spearmen +1 Domestic)

Meanwhile, the Kumberland and Seneca confederations met each other and created a pact of trade and peace among them. They both trained their soldiers hard over the years, bringing in new weapons and techniques. In addition, Kumberland also expanded southward while Seneca slowly settled towards her downstream neighbor. (Kumberland +1 Domestic, Seneca +1 Trade)

Meanwhile, from east of their newly conquered provinces came messengers from a Capone tribe settling beside a massive lake. In their central settlement distant trade routes bring large amounts of metals from the north, giving them a well armed military.

From the south, barges towed by poles were seen in the distant waters, always stopping below the rapids. The barges seem to be full of goods for trade with the local tribes there.

Western Seas

As the Druids of Tarase slowed down their conquest and made a pact with Mediolaun, great events are occurring on what is called variously New Sarkov, New Valyria, Iberia, Tartes, Leonian or even San Lorenzo. The Bokonist Kingdom of Leon marched on a wave of conquest, while Ildaris absorbed straggling Drakan faithful and new converts alike. Meanwhile, the small Kordoban states received a jolt of action as Leon finishes a new road network, giving birth to two states dealing with trade that goes around the coast of the entire, multifariously named, peninsula.

The Druids of Tarase, once of the great Sufrenkish Horde, have begun settling down in earnest. They asked-or more like demanded- peace and compliance from the Kingdom of Mediolaun in exchange for reciprocation. This offer was quickly accepted and the border established with a series of tombstones marking the “Death of War”. While Tarase organizes their spreading confederacy and begun fighting the Faithful and strange Exnotists and Zirilists to the south, Mediolaun trains their army with the newest druidic tactics the Tarasens brought from the north and used them in great effect against Faithful holdouts. (+Tarase Confederacy, Kingdom of Mediolaun +1 Domestic)

Meanwhile, the Kingdom of Leon sets off on a strong foot in a series of conquests. The Pyrenees were cleared of annoying barbarians and its mines tapped for use in the great forges. Meanwhile, Corsica is wiped clean of the petty warlords with extreme prejudice. Then, the Bokonist King turned his eye on the Druids of Vascony. A large army poured over the passes, fighting the wily and experienced Warriors they found there. It was too much for the Vascons, and after dealing great casualties they retreated to the north, sealed the passes, and surrendered to the centralizing Alfrenkish kingdom. (Leon -1 Warrior -4 Spearmen -3 Archers +Urban +++Domestic-Confidence(size, new religions))

In Vascony itself the cities and towns were captured and even now, Bokonist readers sing the calypsos in the streets. In the countryside, the Vascon druids dispersed in the tall forests and connected with the growing colony at Coruna. The entire northern coast is, but for Leon Vascony, druidic.

At the same time, Leon built a great road network to help stitch together its massive holdings. Trade increased, especially in the southern regions far from the Elbo river or the coast. With growing connection with the Ildaris Faithful becoming a viable trade route and this road network brining wealth into Kordoban, two states formed, Kadiz holds the rock of Gibraltar and thus the fate of the growing Ildaris-Leon trade route, while Lamari attached itself to Leon’s road network, managing the trade of most of Kordoban to and from the growing Kingdom. (Leon +Trade)

As for Ildaris, assimilation, collection and conversion were the name of the game. Having beaten most of the tribes earlier in their march, most of them didn’t struggle and converted as the borders grew and the population swelled. A message sent through the trade routes reached Coruna, and slowly filtered north. A growing trade route connects southward to the Kingdom of Kadiz, where it supposedly enters the sea once plied by Provence and other Faithful nations. (++Domestic+Trade)

Meanwhile, on Sardinia itself the warlord of Sassari to the north fought the Republicans in the old Sardican capital to a standstill. Sassari was once a penal colony of Valyria in its glory days, and now it houses many troops. Cagliari is a larger and wealthier city, but it is eerily quiet, which gardens growing in the rubble of destroyed buildings and the Senate in constant argument. If they could bring their resources to bear, they might be able to defeat the King of Sassari… If. Both nations call out to their neighbors, seeking aid against their foes.

Eastern Seas

There was a big commotion in the center of Doussa, as a traveling Moserean bard took to the stalls and begun plying their skill on their musical instruments. Voices rise and fall, swords flash and clash, and above all two men, a brash youth playing Hereosy and an old man who narrates the tale spoke, their voices echoing in the heart of Doussa as they spread the tale of the seafaring hero.

They said his journey began as a weapons supplier for the Varnan and Katanic armies. He, in his infinite overconfidence, tried to supply both sides by himself and watched as the Katanic forces south of Varna was outflanked by the terrible Hounds of Doria, and he himself sailed in the save the Crown Prince of that great empire from the filed fangs of the beasts. He brought him back to the stone shelled city of Kosa, and was rewarded.

They said that he carried his boat over land along the great roads of Katan, paved with bones and gravel. That he barely escaped the Dorian Warparty after it reached the sea. That he visited the great hall of the Mountain King and seen the face of the Triclops who leads the Dorian Horde, and they said that he visited the demigods of the Dorian tribes making council and conflict in its freshly bloodied halls.
(Katan-4 Spearmen -1Archer-1 Urban-2 Domestic)

They said that he hid among the great grain wagons and ships of the Katanic army, and that he saw siege engines the size of fifty men launch mountains of stone. That the might of Katan formed a great bridge of ships between Apulia and Epirus. They said that he entered the city of the Apulians, and fought the selfish-trolls who dwelled within its walls, and opened the gate to the Katanic army, and cut off the Great Phallus of their guardian god’s statue. (Katan +Seige Engines-6 Spearmen -1 Solarian -1 Archer -29 Curraghs +1 Urban +1 Domestic +1 Trade +5 Loot)

They spoke of how he fled the wrath of the High King of War, and of how he found himself a new ship of refugees in dock, and how they left for the great island. They spoke of the great smoking mountain and the bountiful vegetation growing from the ash of the dead. They spoke of his visit to Utica, and the great dust of the nomads who sailed the sand like he does the sea. They spoke of a shining city built into the volcano, and of the great life he lived there, and of the wrath of Ziril when he spurned her and left, and of the great volcanic stone that wreaked his ship as he headed south. (Utica +Sicily Coast +++Domestic+Research)

They spoke of his arrival at the city of Sin, a great whirlwind of avarice and extortion. They spoke of the gigantic vaults of the city of Novaricum, the ever present spies of the Trade Union, and the wailing of the Apulian refugees he found. He escaped the city and stole a ship, leaving the Great Phallus as his payment. They spoke of the windless days where they rowed and rowed, and of great storms and terrors extracted upon him by the strange gods of Egypt in their great riddle game with the Lord Exnot. They spoke of how he gave Exnot the answer to a great riddle, and how the Lord guided him to the Levant where the Lord and His followers aided him.

They spoke of the Knights of Exnot and their great chivalry, and their journey to see the holy sites of Katan City, and of Shamammu, and of Kitalo, and how he aided them against the bandits of the wild Hurrians and how they refused to let him return home from hence. They spoke of his journeys to the far east where a god has a thousand faces, and where strange beings floated above the mountain tops.

They spoke of his final voyage home, evading the great Sea Serpent and the great Whirlwind of Khand, of how he made his way to the long river and the fertile banks where the waters named itself a God. And of how he reconciled with the Crown Prince of Kosa, and his final journey home.

Hereosy, they named. The people nodded. The details are perhaps weird, but they change with every telling. Several youths in their enthusiasm called to join the military and to see the world like their hero. Older men returned to their craft with more intensity, dreaming of the day when their armor saves the next Hero’s life, and thus reward him for his work. Life goes on in Doussa, at least until the next traveling show arrives from the sea.

And so the crowd dispersed to their labors. As the ringing of hammers and the pumping of bellows started again, some wondered about the strange grumbling from their Iordane servants. Shrugging, they looked back towards the future, prayers to Exnot and Kitab upon their lips. (Doussa+Domestic+Trade)

Nile

In the end, Egypt’s victory is as inevitable as the floods upon which it was built. The last desperate Kuhorsehockyes were utterly destroyed in their ancient hold, their culture erased from history, their people scattered as menial slaves throughout the Empire. (-2 Chariots, -3 Spearmen, -2 Archers, -5 Curraghs, -1 Monoreme, +2 Loot, +1 Domestic)

Even in the desert, luck seems to blow sand in the eyes of the natives as the Egyptians find one Oasii after another, driving raids deep into the desert and pushing rival tribes away from the fertile valley while nurturing any allies. (-2 Chariots, -1 Spearmen -3 Archers)

As the soldiers of Egypt march and rode, the administrators, scholars, and governors labored to rebuild the war-torn Empire. In Nubia the land was irrigated and the cataracts are carved. In Abydos the warehouses were rebuilt. In northern Kush, roads and mines were carved into the valley walls as irrigation brought water high onto Cliffside terraces far above the river below. (+4 domestic +1 urban +confidence)

The end of sustained war brought a return of trade, as well as the arrival of two new forces. The strange sailors of Dakinsa began to appear ever more often in their ports, ancient, new, or forcibly opened from what was once the trade confederation. With them came knowledge of a certain formula. Excited scholars, working with their own texts and with gangs of bronze-workers who turned out hundreds of shields a year developed and perfected this new form of easily worked Bronze, bringing the civilization into technological parity with many of the other great powers of the world. (+2 trade + bronze age)

For Axum, the ousting of the Trade Council and the coming of peace was not a moment too soon. Stabilizing just in time to prevent a complete mercantile overthrow by the Dakinsan sailors, their heavy tribute prevented them from paying the soldiers who stood by their new king, arousing discontent but understanding- most preferred to not see first hand what it felt like under the Egyptian hammer. Their colonies voiced anger and dismay; they doubt even if Axum falls they would feel the Egyptian Lash, and they rankle at the heavy taxes levied to pay the Egyptian tribute, and future taxes to pay their heavy debts. Their neighbor of Eterika, however, came off strong with the completion of various projects side-tracked by the war and are in a much better position to squeeze the Dakinsan merchants as they wander by. (-1 Confidence +1 Trade +1 Domestic)

Levea

Hyak began expanding in earnest east of Hurria and Shammamu into the highlands of Zargatu, or what they call the natives of that region. In reality, the natives to the north are also known as the Iordanes to the Doussa Exaltation, and are famed for the provision of crucial labor in building the growing city-state in exchange for some trappings of civilization. Southward, they found remnants of old trade routes heading eastward. With the bronze boot of the Qarabu securing these paths, the ancient mercantile centers to the east are located, drawing barbaric and somewhat sedentary people together alike around their markets of exotic and strange goods. (+Domestic -1 spearmen -1 archer)

In Levea proper, the alliance between the Medean, Hyakkid and Boukaen peoples grow ever stronger. The royal families of Medea and Hyakkid are entwined with the marriage of Kargash-sar, Avatar of Takarzi with Azadoh, princes of the Shahara of Medea. Boukae openly accepted a deeper relationship with their Hyakkid overlords even as they receive disturbing reports from the south. This relationship was given a great boon in the form of Dakinsa trade routes growing at a rapid pace, which, combined with Hyakkid subsidies and spending, allowed growth and reconstruction of war-torn Aramya. (+1 Urban +1 Trade)

As for Hormun and the Levantine League, the growth of trade from Dakinsa and Egypt was nothing but good news. Hormun received a burst of growth as they settled new colonies despite the growing religious tensions between the traditional Kitabalists and the Takarzite variants, as well as the growing Hindu population by the docks. The League truly benefited from the fall of Apulia, quickly picking up the slack in trade and warily moving fleets into the central and western seas near a colony, called Woet, placed between Utica and Novaricum,

Of other news is the growth of the enigmatic Exnot and his barrel o’ale. A massive pilgrimage was organized and guarded by the Knights of the Codex, brining great prosperity along the routes and visiting holy sites at Katan City, Shammamu and Kitalo. This made a great impression on many native followers, and some wonder of the relationship between the passive but humanistic Exnot and the mighty warrior Takarzi.

OOC: I don’t know a lot about the peoples of the Iranian peninsula, so bear with me here.

Khand

As Dakinsa looks outward once more, their growing dominance of Khand is never more secured. The Kali Temple brought home a domestic shrine for the faithful, even as their trade ships became ever more aggressive across the world. Massive fleets were sent to far off fables of “Zanzibah” and “Xilan”. Wealth flowed into the Capital and her subject cities as Rajs and Rajpaylas grew wealthy off the excesses and barbarians aligned themselves with their paymasters. And yet, as this time period nears its end a strange discord can be felt in the air. (+RC++Domestic++Trade+Culture+Confidence)

The Axumite colony in Somalia they would have to rely on supplies has fallen to the natives. The colonial fleet, nearly out of supplies, returned to their base where their starved colonies joined the already existing population, swelling the town into the hills.
(+1 ep refunded form failed colony)

Several of the nearby Axumite colonies are even raising the question of forming their own, Khand Sea League separate from their indebted, destitute and defeated homeland. Others, looking at the great subsidies of the Dakinsan government and its growing fleet, wish to join the its already existing system instead. Axum has maintained its garrisons in the area, but still they grow ever more restless.

And their great expedition sent to the fabled east failed to return. Over fifty longboats and larger, barge-like trade ships have departed from the rebuilding ex-capital of Atanka, but only three messenger ships returned at their played stages, the others are lost in the void: as some say, fell off the edge of the world.

And their allies are beginning to agitate as well. The sailors of Gujarat, who once introduced the sea to their Dakinsan allies and traded alongside them, are increasingly shut out of a market dominated by their elsewhile friends. A raging debate begun as chief butted heads with chief, some calling to join Dakinsa, others to invade it, and still others to turn their attention to the hopefully bountiful interior they had been slowly colonizing, and to expedite the process with bronze and blood.

So too, does debate rage in the Daretokiman kingdom. The Retokiman merchant lords of the Padavari wanted to stage a coup of the defunt dynasty, so that they can form a large army (hopefully of the vagabonds that are appearing in increasing numbers) and completely conquer the Bengali tribes of the south. The mercenary forces, mostly composed of wandering Aryan and Gujarati youths, battled and failed to destroy the Royal Army, but with the southern nobles already at a tipping point, this incited them to rebel. Even as the south turn into a blood bath around the last remaining loyal district, the Padavari rebuilt their army and sought to tempt the now weakened Royalists for a second attempt to “save” the collapsing empire.

The quickened flow of Aryan youths into Daretokimas, obstinently to fight for one (or both sides) of the rapidly expanding civil war led to growing border conflicts. Aryan chiefs wished their men to fight for glory in the war to the south, formerly loyal Aryans begun turning their opinions against the Dakinsan government even as other loyal Aryan tribes, denuded of their able-bodied men, are destroyed and absorbed by hostile ones. The Gujarati Macemen, by now almost a relic of a simpler, more barbaric age, fought mace to dagger in these internecine border conflicts. (-2 Gujarati Macemen)

Xilan​

The marching men all know this was to be the final battle. The Luncheshou have broken through the front line, chased away their fathers and laid siege to the frontier strongholds, which are even now falling, one by one. But they have even more on their shoulders than their fathers. They will not only fight for themselves, for Jinyi, and for their families, but they will fight for time so that the future of the greatest civilization in the center of the world can be sowed into the mountains and grow new orchards of thought. They are fighting for time, so they kept their pace. Raising great clouds of dust, maintaining constant camps and fighting off their opposing skirmishers they push the Horde back into familiar territory. Their general watched for a smoke signal to the east, and nodded. The great standard was pointed northward and held for ten minutes as the army assembled. Another day of march.

In the rugged hills the men of the Horde avoided, lurked regiments of the Silent Guard. They have sworn secret oaths to dedicate their life and death to ensuring the survival of Jinyi. They ignore the pain, the weariness as they force marched north, hidden behind the ridge and the great show their brethren in the normal army put for the assembling horde. From their skirmishers a report came back; the plan goes on schedule as the distant bright standard lowered and rose. They will march, and they will strike.

Near the open sea men roiled in activity in the great fleet of the Jinyi. From the tub-like ocean striders to the first few longships and even to the escorted curraghs, men in armor polished and practiced, preparing for the final battle. They had lit a fire of wet wood at dawn, their signal to the men inland as the smoky mist rose infront of the fiery dawn. It was a red dawn, a portent of the battle that laid ahead. Duty done, the anchor was risen and it sailed from

Far to the south, marches a very different group. From Xilatang came twenty thousand women and children. Another twenty thousand emerge from La Yang, followed by thirty thousand from intervening villages and towns. These seventy thousand are joined by fifty thousand from the lands of former Zhangate and thirty thousand from the Man duchies to the east. Ten thousand men, only a thousand of them trained, took it upon themselves under the command of Qian and Xin to lead these vulnerable to the distant mountains.

While Qian rallied and cajoled these hundred and sixty thousand people, giving speeches and supporting morale, his more collected twin Xin took it upon himself to organize food, water, shelter and scouting. Together, the collective peoples of Jinyi took themselves in search of Zhanggu, a mystical valley safely in the mountains.

It was around noon. The main Jinyinese army, arrayed in its splendor of bronze weapons and armor, silk banners and flags, stood before the Luncheshou horde. Facing two thousand survivors of the Jinyi military stood five thousand Lunche veterans, nearly five hundred chariots, and another twenty thousand raiders and hunters. Ontop of the sacred hill watched the Great Khan of the Luncheshou. It had taken him longer than expected to regroup his raiding parties to face this threat, but now, under the watchful eyes of heaven, he will destroy the Jinyinese resistance once and for all in a single blow.

Even better, the enemy was, due to their small numbers, unable to anchor their flanks to the uncrossable water to the east or the impassible badlands to the west. He will overlap their flanks. There shall be no retreat.

He looked to heaven, promising it a bloody victory, then lowered his great warspear, signaling a general advance. A war horn blew, and the first few clans of his assembled army launched their assault. As they neared the Jinyinese lines, two thousand arrows darkened the sky and fell upon the lighty-armored attackers. Even as they staggered from this blow another struck them. The fierce raiding of the steppes have not prepared them for such an onslaught and they retreat, leaving several hundred bodies on the plains.

Perhaps he shouldn’t have ordered a simple assault. Even so, a probing attack like that would go unquestioned. A flourish of his spear and a snap of the banner upon it ordered a standard attack. A screen of raiders and hundreds were brought out on chariots onto the battle field. Leaping off, they rushed from body to body, slinging stones and arrows at the Jinyinese lines, dueling with the archers. Behind them crawled three thousand warriors hiding under the dust and distraction posed by the skirmishers. With a shout and a cry they rose as one and rushed the Jinyinese lines, striking with barely a single volley striking their mass. They hacked at the beetle-like armored weaklings, who returned the favor with axes and spears.

With the enemy thus anchored, the Great Khan moved his own archers up to pour plunging fire on the enemy reserves while he gathered his elite troops and his warlord charioteers to outflank the enemy and end the battle.

Suddenly, a great clash was heard from the east, and he turned to see a smaller, but fierce Jinyinese force seemingly emerging from the surf to set upon his left flank. This attack tore apart his gathering assault team and put the undisciplined nomads to flight. Annoying, but easy to solve. He sent his unneeded right reserve and flank-guards to charge the left, while shifting the balance of the battle to receive both forces on the angle of a single line.

He then took himself back to the right flank and prepared a charge. They will strike the joint between the two combining armies, and roll up both lines at the same time as the infantry following behind them overwhelm the shocked axemen. His victory will be total, and all Jinyi will f…

A soft *slurp* interrupted his thoughts. He looked down to see a dully gleaming blade thrust through his chest. It silently removed himself and he fell to his knees as he chocked on his own blood. As he watched, the padded specters- the Silent Guard- moved through his nobles and the cream of his horde like a hot poker through yak butter. The only sound was the soft splurting of blood as each and every one were killed.

He watched as he fell upon his face how even more unsound warriors emerged from the hills… those impassible hills! And smashed into his weakened right. And even as his vision faded, the creaking of the Young Khan’s Xiong chariots reached his ears. And he knew that without his own chariots, the hordlings would never fight their way out of this trap alive.

Heaven turned his face away from him as he closed his eyes and died.

Ten thousand Hordlings and their families surrendered, but Emperor Shang knew that the full might of the Horde, still over two hundred thousand strong, is still heading southward and that his force cannot withstand them all at once. Therefore he gave the Young Khan, of the name Zhao Kule, authority over the Northern Plains and troops and overlordship over the surrendered hordlings. Then Shang returned to organize the new Shangyi’s economy for a war of survival and gather new armies. The Xiong Khanate grew rapidly with Shangyi patronage and Lunche captives. Soon, they strike, skirmish, and smash each hordling as they attempt to pass southward, decimating most forces and convincing others to remain in the icy northern plains.

As the Horde slowly broke apart, a single final strike emerged about six years from that crucial, if unnamed, battle. Fifty thousand warriors broke through Zhao Khan’s lines and raced south, smashed Shang’s army outside of La Yang and then taking the second-oldest Xilatang city in history by assault, simply overwhelming the defenders. As they succumbed in an orgy of plunder and pillage, Shang and Zhao organized new armies and besieged the city, starving each and every warrior in the brutal winter that followed. That was the last time the two friends saw each other as they returned to Xilatang and the north alike, struggling against both internal and external foes. That, too, was the last time the Luncheshou openly threatened a city of Shangyi, although hordlings still threatened all across the valley.

In the chaos of Shang’s wartorn rule, the Jinyi lands were changed forever as individual territories left Shangyi for their own course. The north remained lost, a hundred years of irrigation projects and pumping systems destroyed by hooves and axes, with both Shang and Zhao finding their hands full with limiting the damage. The Navy, unable to be funded by the land-oriented Shangyi government, eventually found patron with the increasingly independent Man Duchies of Wei and Zhou begin reestablishing themselves. The far west lands of the former Zhang Kingdom descend into a group of loosely affiliated confederacies towns centered around Xi’an and Louyang, both officially loyal to Shangyi but in reality increasing their role in their provinces much greater than was allotted.

All across Xilan, scattered Jinyi colonies are taken over by native governments, while the large colony between Korea and Jinyi deposed their heavy-handed taxation officers and declared a mercantilist Yang Republic, which seeks to stop payment for a war they feel that does not concerns them and focus on trade with Korea and a unified Japan.

Why has all this occurred? Discontent over the “Flight of the Jin” divided many governors in their trust of the new Shangyi. Even the appointment of Shang himself, although a capable and visionary leader, rankles many. He proves to be heavy handed and heavy taxing as the war moves on to pay for his army he claims is defending them all. As the provinces claimed more and more ancient liberties and titles, he avoided antagonizing them further as long as the taxes kept arriving. He avoided bringing the Yang to line as long as they maintain their ports and send (a smaller) tribute. He avoided riling the Man duchies as long as they maintain the Shangyi fleets for him. He avoided annoying Xi’an and Louyang as long as they maintained the flow of materiel and ores he needed to wage his wars.

When the first Shang died and left a much diminished Shangyi to his war-toughened son, the Nomads are still extent, if no longer a civilization wide danger. The Xiong Khanate remained loyal: for now. And tribute replaced taxes as Shangyi’s direct control grew to less than a third of that it was during Jinyi’s height.

One would think that Huai would take advantage of this situation by expanding into the former Man areas and claim the mantle of both peoples, but a complicating situation prevented his as their small army was handled a devastating defeat by angry Yueh tribes. Half of their army was consumed in a punitive strike against a Yueh chief, and another was lost in the attempt to limit the damage. Anger is rising against Huai’s imposing of Daoist ideas much like Xiyi attempted with Confucianism those many years ago, and governance of the Yangtze gorges are more tenuous than ever before. Even though they annexed the ancient Jinyinese treaty port, they are facing many troubles they must overcome.

In Korea, both Seoul and Pusan became wealthy from Xila and Yamato refugees while funding wars in both lands. The conflict over the internal bronze mines lead to the rise of the Silla Kingdom as one tribe conquered the others and established a monopoly on the rich copper mines of the interior. The three states quickly begin feuding over trade and borders, but not yet outright war.

In Japan, nearly three centuries since the Sun Winked, the Yamato are finally united under the Kato banner. It had taken hundreds of thousands of lives, but excitement grew as one Kitano fortress after another fell, surrendered, or starved to death before the Japanese onslaught. The Ainu gained much prestige for destroying Shimane, and became a great power on the island in its own right- they hope that they will be able to negotiate the future between the two powers and that the Japanese will allow the Ainu to live their traditional lives- and that they will crush the Japanese while they are weak if they refuse.

Indeed, the united Japan is surprisingly weak. The society is top-heavy, with a large military class constantly culled of members unable to achieve the necessary kill/battle ratio. Slaves are becoming ever more rare although still present enough to sustain the current economy, the new Kitano lands are almost barren of cultivation. Some think that they should import slaves, others feel that they should take slaves from their former Ainu allies. Some even think that they should take slaves from Korea itself, maintaining their Ainu alliance for food and survival until they have their lands returned to the proper cultivation. Needless to say, the Seoul and Pusan diplomats watch the Emperor carefully as ever more reports of starvation and failed revolts enter his court.

Keltia​

In the titanic war between the Faith and the Druids, a hundred thousand men bear arms in the name of lords and gods. Millions more raised ever more young, fresh fuel for the passionate sacrificial fires of war. The previous generations saw new weapons, new tactics, and larger armies than ever before. This generation will see islands burn and mountains of dead as these armies destroyed themselves upon each other. The next? If there will be a next generation of war, there will be nothing left BUT war in Keltia.

Holy war may be the most inhumane kind of them all.

For twenty years, a strange stale mate reigned in Northern Ostava. The Armoricans built massive walls outside of Souisson and Parissi anchored on the Seine river. The Faith subsidized military roads to keep Buertgang’s formidable and modern army mobile while relying on Ostavan and Danyarian garrisons to hold any Armorican offensive. Between these two developing networks lay devastation. Neither force is willing to risk passing within the striking distance of the other, while both kept this land clear of bushes and forest with flame to prevent ambuscade and subterfuge.

While this is going on, a fierce, almost forgotton war continues on Buertgang’s northern coasts. The Faithful Fleet has been denuded earlier, but their sacrifice proves its worth as Dumonos attempts to continue their earlier raiding policies. The increased readiness and fanatical garrisons along Buertgang’s north coast combines with the less flexible Domonon fleet to basically prevent the same damage that was seen at the start of the war. Several of the forts were over taken by more fierce raids, but no permanent damage could be dealt with the limited size of the Dumonon fleet. (Dumonos -5 Curraghs -3 Brettagh +1 Loot)

It is also during this time that the Alfrenks dropped out of this war. With their desires accomplished and promising peace to the Iron lancers, who were simply more angry at Armorica to care about the Druids there at that time, they made comparably great strides. Their northern regions begun dedicating their economy into supporting the war economy of Armorica even as the southern regions begun facing the increasingly lucrative Leonese Peninsular trade, especially through Vascony and the strange Kingdom of Leon across the divide. The Frankstrum was completed, uniting them completely and utterly. They stand not for religion, but for, frankly, themselves as Frankish men in a Frankish land. (+Domestic+Trade)

But in Southern Ostava, armies are stirring. With the Alfrenks dropping out of the war, the Southern Ostavans and the Iron Lancers sought to outflank the Armorican Flank by striking northward. Meanwhile, the Armorican recruits, stiffened by a backbone of veterans, Trinitarians and unsullied, hoped to expand the southern border to the Seine river they are relying to the north, and pushing the Iron Lancers behind the mountains, isolating them from the rest of the Faithful world. After six years of intense preparation and probing skirmishes, the Iron Lancers marched out, forcing the Armoricans to rush to completion of their plan and send their invasion force to the border.

The Iron lancers, despite their tenacity, proved to be massively outnumbered by the combined Trinitarian-Druidic Force with troops from Lundien to the north all the way to volunteers from Tarase far far to the south. The Ostavans saw the lost battle upon sight, and fled for Central Ostava- but the Iron Lancers were tougher than that. They fought over eleven days while marching back to Senoa, the capital of Southern Ostava and dealt massive casualties along the way, trading space for time as they rallied the Faithful in Ostava, disgusted at the cowardly behavior of their standing army. They were about to make it to Senoa and fortify it… when suddenly the gates closed behind them. The Unsullied had struck again, and the Iron Lancer host was destroyed in a three day battle outside of the growing ramshackle walls of Senoa. The city understood its eventual fate and fought to the last, over twenty thousand men women and children perishing within its walls. The Druidic force quickly spread out across Southern Ostava, destroying the Faithful resistance. Near the Seine the Buertgang chariots bestirred themselves to sortie across the river, saving the retreating Ostavan force from complete destruction by crushing its recklessly pursuing companies. Within ten years of the start of the Campaign, their main goals were accomplished.
(-Iron Lancer Military
Trinitarians -2 Trinitarians –Most Militia
Armorica -2 Unsullied -3 Spearmen+2 Loot
Dumonos -6 Spearmen -4 Archers+1 Loot
Ostava -1 Spearmen -1 Domestic)

However, even though the city ruins are controlled, the river banks secured, and the farmsteads cleared of the Faith, the hills still rumble ominously with their chants and their cries. The Iron Lancers lost most of their leadership in these battles, and became much more decentralized after the loss of their income from the rest of the Faithful world. While Nessos itself languished, dozens of caves, hidden villages, and wandering caravans became centers of a new Iron Lancer organization striking against the Druids in Southern Ostava, pinning half the army they sent to the south in fear that it would all come to naught if they left too soon. This would have disastrous consequences quite soon.

In the north, where Lundien and Kentus made no real progress against each other, the Dumonon fleet was returning from another raid, this time a somewhat successful night-time attack on the warehouses in Amsurrat based on a former slave’s recollections. They sighed what seemed like an Armorican fleet; strange, for it had held command over naval defensive measures, but any aid in future raiding would be helpful.

As they neared, the Admiral saw many men of exotic origin. Did Armorica take upon the habit of taking captives and slaves? He signaled to the fleet, which did not make any remarks. Rather, its ships began rowing faster.

He dispatched a ship with a messenger to great the allied fleet: the men were taken on board and then below decks in the distance. He sent another. Finally, frustrated, he turned his fleet towards the Armorican one, ready to investigate.

This proves just the opportunity desired by the Pommeranian and Hamburg fleets trailing the main Vahshallah transport fleet, all wearing Armorican flags. Oars aflying, they came across the T of the Dumonon approach and smashed into their flanks. Wood was flying, and the Admiral realized his mistake. But it was much too late. Although his fleet was skillful, so were the sailors of Pommerania and Hamburg. And whether the can be truly matched is beyond the question, because he was caught, with his pants down, under attack in all directions and by overwhelming numbers, with weary men returning from a raid and mostly wounded.

It lasted all of ten minutes.

(-Dumonos Navy, +Vahshallah 2 Captured Bretaghs, all lose 2 curraghs each.)

Now wearing Dumonon colors, they sailed into the capital and took the harbor by storm. The Red Prophet was in full regalia, cutting a bloody swath through the country with his militia, striking communities before the news could reach them. Another general lead his men to strike Lundien from behind, capturing it and massacring its inhabitants, saving only its shrines for their alliance to Hamburg. This they turned over for the Kentus men to defile.

The men of Dumonos are mighty warriors, but their society at heart isn’t, like that of Buertgang or Armorica, one of war. They resist greatly, but most fled for the Armorican Hibernian colonies or for Armorica itself. This was complicated because both refugees and Vahshallah raiders flew the Dumonon flag, leading to the great tragedy outside of the ancient Armorican homeland where nine thousand refugees had their rafts burnt from underneath them even as they pleaded friendship and lack of treachery.
(Ostava -14 Spearmen, Royal Guardsmen)

Ostava had no intention of conquest. After ruining the land and ridding it of the Druids they can find, they returned to the coast, took over its harbors and begun launching attacks directly into Armorica. Kentus on the other hand, did expand their borders towards the Lundien river, giddy at the prospect of finally able to dominate Brittania by themselves, once and for all.

It was the moment that Buertgang was waiting for. As the Armoricans were distracted in Southern Ostava. As the Dumonon Expeditionary Army desperately attempt to return north. As the country gave a collective gasp at the sudden loss of their oldest ally, they struck without mercy. The massive triple walls of Souisson and Parisii, modeled after those heard of from the far south, were tried and then ignored as the main host streamed past them into Armorica itself. The Garrisons attempted to sortie into Buertgang lands, but faced the defending Ostavans who annihilated them with rage for the plight of their southern countrymen. The Vahshallans landed and joined with the Buertgang army, enjoying their victories so far deep behind Armorican lands.

But the Druids are not all dead yet. The Unsullied still strike from the shadows, taking down entire companies without a trace. Trinitarians smash vanguard units time and time again, while the Dumonon army maintains its presence infront of the main Buertgang thrust. And so, as the last winter of war in this generation ends, the news begun arriving.

Peace, prosperity, faith or druidism without worry of danger or evil or other religions. Toleration. The stories grew wilder as more and more messangers brought news from the south.

The Nesfrenks have found Paradise, they said, and all the Faithful are invited to come.

(Buertgang -1 Axemen -11 Spearmen -2 Chariots +4 Loot
Vahshallah -1 guardsmen -6 Spearmen +2 Loot
Armorica-2 Unsullied -5 Spearmen-2 Trade -3 Domestic)

Timeline
Spoiler :
-3 First Buertgang Coastal Fort appears
-6 War for Southern Ostava Begins
-7 Ostavan Army Deserts
-8 Eleven Days Campaign
-9 Three Days Battle, Siege of Senoa begins
-10 Coastal forts appear outside every major Buertgang city
-11 Fall of Senoa
-12 The Sortie
-13 Druids reach the Loire river
-15 Coastal forts successfully stopped a major raid on the Buertgang capital
-16 Druids clear out the Loire Valleys
-19 Coastal forts have shut down Dumonon raids
-21 First victory of the New Lancers destroys a patrolling spearmen company
-23 Dumonos authorizes first mass raids
-25 Battle of the False Flag, Buertgang begins raiding Armorican Loirelands to pin their army down
-26 Siege of Dumonos begins, Fall of Lundien
-27 Woad invade Dumonos, Vahshallah raids on Ostava begins
-28 Dumonos returning expeditionary army stalled by failed Buertgang invasion
-29 Massacre of the Nine Thousand
-30 Dumonos Falls, Cleansing of Dumonos begins
-33 Buertgang ends siege of Souisson, Vahshallah raids disrupt Armorica in earnest
-36 Buertgang breaks through Loire defenses
-37 Cleansing of Dumonos ends, Sortie of Souisson fails
-38 Sortie of Parisii fails outside of Ipren territory
-39 Vahshallh invades Armorica
-43 Vahshallah and Buertgang link up forces
-46 Major setback as the Trinitarians and Unsullied destroys a Buertgang besieging force
-49 That city falls, completely surrounding Morn, Buertgang moves into the countryside.
-50 Vahshallah begins siege of that northern city.

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH
The world is ending. The wheels are turning. Chariots. Chariots ride through the streets. No mercy. The Chariots of the Apocalypse. No resistance. The Chariots ride through the streets. No hope. The Chariots have Come. (Buertgang, Hamburg -1 Domestic each)

Update Notes
Spoiler :
Jinyi
Majority went with brothers, crossed rough mountain southward and now traveling along a gorged river.
Luncheshou were heavily blunted by the Silent Guard attack, which destroyed most of their “warriors” and their captured equipment. Conquest slows down and divides appear with intense resistance. Main army camped across capital, another to the west.
Man state expands, brining in neighboring Man states and fortifying the valleys.
Remnants slowly splinter into weak “allied” states, hoping to stall the Luncheshou and even, some dared to hope, stop them from crossing the yellow river.
Colonies are absorbed or formed new states.

Huai
Centralization continues in the south, major setback as Yueh barbarians defeat a traveling Huai army and roll back the conquest from the gorges.
Annexes Jinyi cities and its texts and navy.

Japan
Manages to conquer japan with massive casualties, much of the land is ruined and despite efforts, there are too little slaves remaining to restore all of it with their work alone. Large army efficiently takes out any local contentions. Ainu horde becomes real power.

Dakinsa
Kali Temple+RC+Domestic+Culture
Trade++Trade+Domestic
Failed Colony: 1EP refunded
-2 Macemen (Border Conflicts)
Great Expedition-No word from them

Daretokimas
Collapses. Central “Royal” successor state, Yetahorsehockye/Benglai fiefdoms to the south, and Retokiman trade cities to the north who attempted the coup.

Gujarati Confederacy
Loses a lot of trade to Dakinsa. –Trade – confidence.
Conflict- Join Dakinsa? Remain Independent or even Nuetral? Start conquering the interior forcefully to regain an advantage?

Hyperabad
Begins a project to dominate local trade.

Njijnrin
Brutal war northward costs some warriors, tribals consolidate under charismatic leadership+1 loot -1 warrior
Massive, if ragged, fleet appears at their harbor as they complete their floating marketplace. +1 sales boast.

Levea

Hyak
Expansion +1 Domestic + Contact -2 Spearmen -1 Archer (Light resistance, spread out tribes)
Internal Improvements: +1 Urban +1 Trade: new Khand trade routes

Horde of the Chariot->Medea, Sahara of
-Boosted starting stats: Hyakkid Aid

Boukae->vassal of Hyak
-Peace: +domestic +Trade (Dakinsa)->Focus on keeping river open

Hormun
-Dakinsa trade++Trade, settles outpost near Dakinsa
-Internal religious conflict Kitabalism vs Hinduism.

Kush-krushed

United Egyptian Empire
-46 to Spend
-7 on Logistics (Desert Fortifications)
-10 on 5 Trained Spearmen
-10 on 5 Trained Archers
-4 on 2 Trained Egyptian Chariots
-15 on Rebuilding Nubia, Kush, Middle Egypt
-Kush: -2 Chariots -3 Spearmen -2 Archers -5 Curraghs, +2 Loot +1 Domestic
-Libya: Pushed from known Oasii, limited scouting. -2 Chariots -1 Spearmen -3 Archers
-Reconstruction +4 Domestic +1 Urban +2 Trade+1 Confidence+Bronze Age
-Rise of Nirilism: Southern Nubia, northern Kush, the Delta

Axum
-Paid 10 to Egypt
-Learns Monoremes
-Did Not Pay Army-1 Confidence
-End of war +1 Domestic +1 Trade, most trade taken by Dakinsa traders

Eterika
-Peace, +Confidence +Completed Projects

Eastern Seas
Utica
-Resettled Sicily +++Domestic +Research
-Nomads Gathering
-Petition by Apulia
-Trade Affected by fall of Apulia -1

Katan
-Invaded Apulia
--Wins at high cost, siege engines succeed
--Navy wins via mass-> no maneuverability for Apulian ships
--Loses 6 Spearmen, 1 Solarian, 1 Archer, 29 Curraghs
--Gains 1 Urban, 2 Domestic, 1 Trade
--Apulian Exiles petition to join Novaricum and/or Utica
--Trade Stutters in the region
-Invaded by Varna and Doria
--Outflanked in the north, bloody retreat to Kosa
--Invasion of Macedonia, Pella falls; Dorian Court established
--Loses 1 Urban, 2 Domestic, 4 Spearmen, 1 Archer

Varna
-Recaptures her city
-Loses 2 Archers, 2 Spearmen
-Gains Trade from North-Amber
-Gains Domestic

Doria
-Captures Macedonia
-Loses 4 Hordelings, 2 Terror Hounds
-Gains Cohesion, Begins Settlement

Trade Union
-Hangs Out Banked
-Loses 1 Trade from Fall of Apulia

Novaricum
-Settles Aegean->Takes over Crete
-+++Domestic, Takes over trade to make up losses
-Explores desert, finds Oasii and tribes willing to buy weapons

Keepers of the Codex
-Project Completed: League Converted, Doussa Influenced
-Knights of the Codex gain name for defending a large missionary caravan visiting holy sites at Katan City, Shammamu and Kitalo
-Gains interest of Egyptian pantheon

Doussa
-Mining +Domestic +Trade (Varna)
-Iordane tribal consciousness begins forming
-Military+Story=+Culture
-The Alytrian: Advanced Longboat
-Exnotist Kitabalism
-Narrative

Ildaris
+Peaceful Expansion ++Domestic+Trade

Leon
Conquest of Pyrenees -1 Warrior
Conquest of Vascony -3 Spearmen -3 Archers +1 Urban ++1 Domestic
Conquest of Corsica -1 Spearmen +1 Domestic
-Confidence: Assimilate New Lands, Cultural Worries, Size
Road Project+Trade+Kordoban States
Research+14

Mediolaun
Trains army with Generals and starts resettling southward again.

Reserved. MAPS GALORE BABY.
Spoiler Map :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Spoiler Stats :
Spoiler Western Seas :

Mediolaun, Kingdom of/NPC
Color: Pink Violet (Po River)
Religion: Ancestor/Martyrdom Traditions
Size: Medium
Economy: 16/0 (3/10/3) -2
Military: 6 Archers (3), 6 Spearmen (4.5), 2 Rumen Generals (3),
Confidence: Respected
Culture: Strong
Projects: Nova Genoa (DONE +Trade + Confidence), Oracle of the Ancestors (DONE +RC), Great Walls of Ctesiphod (Done: + Defense +Economy)

Leon, Kingdom of/SamSniped
Color: Light Royal Blue (Catalonia+Colonies)
Religion: Bokonism
Size: Large
Economy: 20/0 (7/9/4)-6
Military: 5 Spearmen (3), 5 Spearmen (1.5), 4 Archers (3), 5 Archers (1.5), 1 Warriors (3) ,40 Curraghs (0.5)
Confidence: Admiring
Culture: Limited
Projects: Forear Escola (DONE +Culture+Education);Temple of the Gods (DONE +Culture+Confidence); Road Network (DONE +Trade)

Ildaris/Lokki242
Color: Light Green (Oporto)
Religion: The Faith
Size: Petite
Economy: 8/0 (1/5/2)-1
Troops: 2 Spearmen (4.5), 2 Archers (4.5), 2 Axemen (2.5)
Projects: Upgrade Army (0/2)

Tarase Confederacy/NPC
Color: Gold (Genoa)
Religion: Druidism
Economy: 7/2 (1/4/2)
Troops: 1 Spearmen (4.5), 3 Spearmen (3)
Confidence: Respecting
Culture: Mediocre

Cagliari, Republic of/NPC
Color: Cyan (Sardinia)
Economy: 5/1 (1/3/1)
Military: 1 Spearmen (2), 1 Archer (2), 1 Chariot (3), 6 Longboats (1)
Confidence: Simmering

Sassari, Kingdom of
Color: Pomegranate (Sardinia)
Religion: Personality Cult-Warlord
Size: Tiny
Economy: 3/3 (1/2/0)-1
Military: 1 Spearmen (3), 2 Spearmen (1.5), 3 Archers (1.5), 15 Curraghs (0.5)
Confidence: Tolerating
Culture:Mediocre

Lamari, Kingdom of
Color: Light Green (Granada)
Religion: Organized Animism
Economy: 6/2 (1/3/2)
Military: 1 Spearmen (1.5), 2 Archers (1.5), 6 Curraghs (1), 8 Curraghs (0.5)
Culture: Weak

Kadiz, Kingdom of
Color: Strong Orange (Gibraltar)
Religion: Organized Animism
Economy: 6/3 (1/2/3)
Military: 2 Archers (3), 15 Curraghs (1)
Culture: Weak

Spoiler Keltia :
Armorica/Gem Hound
Color: Strong Green (Brittany)
Religion: Druidic Pantheon
Economy: 9/2 (3/5/1)-2
Military: 3 Spearmen (4.5) 2 Unsullied (8), 3 Curraghs (1.5), 5 Curraghs (1), 5 Curraghs (0.5),
Projects: The Wall: Completed; Golden Taranis (Completed: +Culture +Armorican Confidence) Temple Hill (DONE: +Culture+Confidence+RC) Druidic Roads (6/8 +Trade+Domestic+Confidence)

Dumonos Exiles
Prupose: Sustain the Dumonon People
Economy: 4/4 (1/0/3)-4
Organization: Refugee Camps
Assets: Refugee Camps, Cohesion, A Bad Ass Army
Personell: 5 Civilians, 2 Spearmen (4.5), 7 Spearmen (3), 8 Archers (3), 1 Unsullied (4)

Beurtgang Empire /Lord of Elves
Color: Dull Orange (Belgium)
Religion: Faith
Economy: 14/8 (3/9/2)-1
Military: 1 Spearmen (6), 1 Axemen (2.5), 2 Chariots (3) 2 Chariot (6), 1 Curraghs (2)
Culture:Limited
Projects:

Vahlshalla/Tycho
Color: Dry Blue (Prussia)
Economy: 12/2 (3/6/3)-5
Military: 3 Spearmen (3), 60 Curraghs (0.5)
Culture: Influential
Projects:

Alfrenks, Kingdom of /Eltain
Color: Dull Brown (Aquitaine)
Economy: 11/0 (1/6/4)-0
Military: 1 Spearmen (6), 1 Spearmen (1.5), 1 Unsullied (4), 1 Warrior (1), 1 Archer (1.5) 10 Curraghs (.5)
Confidence: Loving
Projects: Temple to Taranis (DONE+Confidence), Frenkstrum (DONE +Confidence+Culture)

Daughters of the Trinity/NPC
Purpose: Spreading and defending Druidism
Economy: 1/2
Organization: Forts
Assets: Head Quarters (Anda, Armorica), Fortresses (Armorica (2), Lundien, Corona, Alfrenks (2))
Personnel: 1 Trinitarian (7.5)

Ostava, Kingdom of /NPC
Color: Weak Green (Belgium)
Economy: 5/3 (1/3/1)-1
Military: 3 Spearmen (4.5), 2 Archers (4.5)
Culture: Pathetic
Projects:

Kentus, Duchy of /NPC
Color: Lime Green (Kent)
Economy: 6/2 (1/4/1)
Military: 2 Spearmen (6)
Projects:

Hamburg, Duchy of /NPC
Color: Bright Purple (Ditto)
Economy: 5/2 (1/1/3)-2
Military: 2 Archer (4.5), 41 Curraghs (1),
Projects:

Danyaria, Duchy of/NPC
Color: Light Green (Wittenberg)
Size: Small
Economy: 4/2 (1/3/0)-0
Troops: 1 Royal Guard (8), 1 Iron Lance (10)
Projects

Xilexis, Shahara of/NPC
Color: Orange (Silesia)
Economy: 6/1 (1/4/1)-1
Military: 3 Xiong Chariots (6), 5 Xiong Chariots (3)

The Iron Lances/NPC
Purpose: Spreading and defending The Faith
Economy: 3/3 (2/0/1)-0
Organization: Lances
Assets: Head Quarters (Nessos, Nesfrenks), Grand Temples (Spire, Vahshallah), Temples (loads of places in spoilers)
Personnel:Rebels

Pommerania, Duchy of/NPC
Color: Cyan (Ditto)
Economy: 5/2 (1/2/2)-1
Military: 1 Archer (4.5), 2 Archer (3), 3 Curraghs (1.5), 30 Curraghs (1)
Culture: Average
Projects

The Dragon Horde/NPC
Economy: 7/8 (2/4/1)-6
Troops: 3 Civilians, 17 Hordlings, 1 Xiong Chariot (4), 5 Xiong Chariots (2), 6 Spearmen (3)
Desc: Tough seasoned raiders wearing scavenged armor

Spoiler Eastern Seas :
Katan, High Kingdom of/Luckymoose
Color: Dark Violet
Religion: Exnotist Takarzite Kitabalism
Size: MODZILLA
Economy: 35/5 (8/22/5)-15
Military: 1 Solarians (8) 6 Spearmen (6), 7 Spearmen (4), 3 Archer (4), 5 Curraghs (1.5), 36 Curraghs (1), 200 Curraghs (.5)
Projects: Katanic Road Network (DONE +Infrastructure), Epirucan Harbor (DONE +Trade +2 Ships/EP) The Colossus of Cytria (DAMAGED 0/5 +Trade+EC), The Harbor Academy (DAMAGED 0/3 +.1 Naval power baseline, +Trade) (less effective)

Varna, Empire of/NPC
Color: Yellow-Brown
Religion: Exnotist Takarzite Kitabalism
Economy: 13/0 (2/7/4)-3
Military: 4 Archers (3), 4 Spearmen (3), 59 Curraghs (1)
Projects

Novaricum, Commonwealth of/NPC
Color: Navy Blue
Religion: Zirilism
Economy: 17/1 (4/7/6)-1
Military: 2 Archers (4.5), 2 Spearmen (4.5), 15 Raiders (1.3) 15 Curraghs (1.5)

Utica, Commonwealth of/DC1234567890
Color: Dull Green
Religion: Zirilism
Economy: 12/0 (1/8/4)-1
Military: 2 Archers (4.5), 1 Spearmen (1.5), 12 Curraghs (.5)
Projects: Great Temple of Utica (3/9 +Culture+Religion)

Dorian Horde/NPC
Economy: 6/3 (1/3/2)-3
Cohesion: Tolerating
Troops: 12 Hordelings, 2 Terror Hounds, 3 Civilians
Hordling Desc: Hardened Mountain Men, wielding axes, bows, with minimal armor. Each Hordling is led by a Chief and a retinue of about 500 wielding two axes and decent armor.
Horde Desc: The Dorian Horde used to be much bigger, but the Katanic incursion managed to disrupt their unification and cause a civil war. A weakened but still determined Horde is ready to invade Makedonia, and take it for its own.

Thloryn Trade Union/Matt0088
Purpose: Packing their Pockets
Economy: 9/5 (1/6/2)-5
Organization: Councsil and Contracters
Assets: Palace and Embassy (Novaricum), Embassy (Utica) Base of Operations (Damietta, Thloryn, Ugarit)
Personnel: 6 Raiders (1.3), 12 Wolfships (1), 40 Curraghs (1.5), 15 Curraghs (.5), 5 Thugs, 3 Thloryn Contacts

Keepers of the Codex/TerrisH
Purpose: Safeguarding the Codex of Altyria and Exnotism
Economy: 7/0 (4/2/1)-0
Organization: Enclaves
Assets: Hall of the Codex (Kosa), Missionary Center (Cyrus, Doussa, Ugarit)
Personnel: 1 Solarian (4), 1 Knight of the Codex (), 3 Missionaries
Project: Codex Restoration (DONE +Culture+Religion)

Doussa, Exaltation of/Stockholme
Color: Burnt Orange
Religion: Traditionalist Kitabalism
Economy: 10/0 (1/4/5)
Military: 1 Highlander (8), 2 Axemen (2.5), 1 Archer (2), 9 Altyrians (1.5)
Projects:
Spoiler Nile :
United Egyptian Empire/Erez
Color: Yellow
Religion: Egyptian Pantheon
Size: MODZILLA
Economy: 42/2 (10/27/5)-7
Military:43 Spearmen (4.5), 4 Spearmen (3), 1 Archer (6), 1 Archer (4.5), 8 Archer (3), 2 Egyptian Chariot (7.5), 2 Egyptian Chariot (5), 4 Monoremes (3) 25 Monoremes (1.5), 6 Curraghs (1.5), 29 Curraghs (1)
Projects:

Axum/Spaceman
Color: Dull Green
Religion: Animism
Economy: 14/0 (3/7/4)-4
Military: 4 Archers (3), 9 Archers (1.5), 3 Spearmen (3), 4 Spearmen (1.5), 1 Ethiopian Elephants (?), 2 Warriors (1), 25 Curraghs (1)+5 Bedouin Hordlings
Projects: Nile Trade Forts (DONE +Trade), Great Drydocks (DONE, -2 Upkeep:Ships), Monoremes

Eterika/NPC
Color: Light Spring
Economy: 10/2 (1/5/4)-1
Military: 6 Spearmen (3), 1 9 Curraghs (1),
Projects: Recruiting Barracks (DONE +1 Free Warrior.turn) Ports of Paradise (DONE +Trade)
Spoiler Levea" :
Hyak, High-Kingdom of/Lord_Iggy
Color: Azure Blue
Religion: Takarzite Kitabalism
Size: Huge
Economy: 29/0 (4/18/7)-4
Military: 4 Ox Chariots (5), 2 Spearmen (4.5) 6 Spearmen (3), 4 Spearmen (1.5), 4 Archers (3), 4 Archers (1.5),1 Qurabu Klabanatu (6), 4 Qurabu Klabanatu (4), 1 Qurabu Kalbanatu (2.0) 3 Curraghs (1), 20 Curraghs (0.5)
Projects:

Hormun, Exaltation of/NPC
Color: Dark Green
Religion: Kitabalist Pantheon
Economy: 10/0 (2/3/5)-2
Military: 4 Spearmen (3) 2 Archers (4.5), 35 Curragh (1.2)
Projects: Grand Harbor of Hormun (DONE +Trade +12ships/EP +.1 Base Ship STR)

Levantine League/ NPC
Color: Olive
Religion: Kitabalist Pantheon
Economy: 16/2 (4/6/6)-4
Military: 3 Archer (4.5), 6 Spearmen (4.5) 100 Curraghs (1.5)
Projects: Phoenician Port (Completed: 12 Curragh/Ep +Trade) Naval Drydocks (DONE, -2 Upkeep: Ships)

Medea, Shahara of/NPC
Color: Pink
Religion: Kitabalist-Pyrotheism
Economy: 13/5 (3/7/3)
Military: 6 Xiong Chariots (4), 2 Ox Chariots (6), 4 Ox Chariots (3), 8 Archers (3)
Projects

Boukae/NPC
Color: Cyan
Religion: Takarzite Kitabalism
Economy: 5/2 (1/2/2)-1
Military: 3 Spearmen (3)

Spoiler Khand :
Dakinsa Raj/Southern King
Color: Royal Blue
Religion: Hinduism
Size: Huge
Economy: 35/23 (8/16/11)-4
Military: 2 Gujarati Macemen (6), 12 Gujarati Macemen (3), 1 Spearmen (4), 4 Spearmen (2), 3 Chariots (3), 4 Archers (1.5), 2 Longboats (1.5), 34 Longboats (0.75)
Culture: Outstanding
Projects: Temple of Kali (COMPLETE +RC+Culture)

Daretokimas Raj /NPC
Color: Stale red
Religion: Hinduism
Economy: 7/0 (1/5/1)-1
Military: 1 Archers (4.5), 2 Spearmen (4.5), 24 Curraghs (1)
Projects:

Padavi Confederacy
Color: Dull Brown
religion: Hinduism
Size: petite
Economy: 6/5 (1/3/2)-1
Military: 5 Spearmen (1.5), 3 Archers (1.5), 1 Xiong chariot

Gujarati Confederacy /NPC
Color: Dull Yellow
Religion: Hinduism (Holy City)
Economy: 10/22 (2/5/3)-0
Military: 4 Gujarati Macemen (6), 13 Curraghs (1), 2 Curraghs (.5)
Projects: Temple to Shiva (DONE +Culture), Krishna’s Oracle (DONE +RC +Religion), Vishnu’s Wall (DONE+culture)

Hyperabad, Kingdom of /NPC
Color: Lavender
Religion: Gnatism
Economy: 9/0 (1/4/4)-0
Military: 4 Archers (6)
Projects: Mountain Markets (10/12 +EC+Culture)

Njijnrin/Blair the Normal
Color: Dark Green
Religion: Buddism
Economy: 4/2 (1/2/1)-0
Military: 1 Warriors (1), 8 Curraghs (1), 10 Curraghs (.5
Projects: Floating Markets (DONE +Trade)

Spoiler Xilan :
Jinyi/Optical
Color: Light Green
Religion: Shining Confucianism
Size: Gargantuan
Economy: 27/0 (7/13/7)-8
Military: 2 Silent Guards (5.5), 4 Silent Guards (2.75), 1 Xiong Chariots (5), 1 Archer (4), 5 Archers (2), 2 Axemen (2.5), 5 Curraghs (1), 70 Curraghs (.5), 36 Ocean Striders (0.75)
Culture: Wonder of the World
Projects: Rebuild (DONE+Economic Growth), Defensive Canals (DONE+Defense+Agricultrue), Unified China (Complete +Confidence Inertia +Culture/Confidence), Oceanstriders (DONE +UU +Oceanic Trade) Defensive Canals (DONE +++ Yellow River defenses),

Turns into (oh hell)

Jin Horde/Optical
Economy: 5/20 (1/4/0)-4
Cohesion: Influential
Troops: 18 Civilians, 1 Silent Guard, 1 Xiong Chariots, 1 Hordeling
Desc: The Women, Children, and Aged Men set off from Jinyi to avoid the war that is to come. Now they wander the wilderness in search of a fabled land where they can restore the culture of Jinyi forever secured from the barbaric threat… or so they hope.

Shangyi/NPC
Color: Light Green
Economy: 9/4 (2/5/2)-2
Military: 4 Silent Guards (5.5), 2 Axemen (5), 4 Spearmen (4), 6 Archers (4), 5 Ocean Striders (1.5), 10 Curraghs (0.5)
Projects: (+4 Tribute/Turn)

Xiong Khanate/NPC
Color: Bright Green
Size: large
Economy: 4/2 (0/4/0)-1
Military: 4 Xiong Chariots (5), 2 Archers (4), 3 Archers (2)
Projects (+2 Tribute/Turn)

Yang Republic/NPC
Color: Brown
Religion: Confuciani$m
Economy: 6/0 (1/2/4)-1
Military: 1 Archer (4), 2 Archers (2), 1 Axemen (1.5), 2 Ocean Striders (1.5), 9 Curraghs (1), 24 Curraghs (0.5)
Projects: (-1 Tribute to Shangyi)

Wei Duchy
Color: Dark Blue
Religion: Silent Confucianism
Economy 8/0 (1/4/3)-3
Military: 2 Axemen (2.5), 1 Archers (4), 4 Ocean Striders (1.5), 21 Ocean Striders (.75), 12 Curraghs (1), 34 Curraghs (.05)
Projects (-1 Tribute/Turn to Shangyi)

Guo Duchy
Color: Cyan
Economy 8/0 (1/5/2)
Military: 2 Spearmen (4)
Projects (-2 Tribute/Turn to Shangyi)

Louyang Community
Color: Pink
Religion: Silent Confucianism
Economy: 7/0 (2/3/2)
Military. 1 Archer (4) 1 Axemen (2.5), 2 Spearmen (2), 12 Curraghs (0.5)
Projects: (-1 Tribute/turn to Xiong)

Xi’an Community
Color: Purple
Religion: Traditional Daosim
Economy:5/0 (1/3/1)-1
Military: 2 Axemen (5), 2 Spearmen (4), 5 Spearmen (2), 8 Curraghs (0.5)
Projects (-1 Tribute/Turn to Xiong)

Kingdom of Man/NPC
Color: Stale Blue
Religion: Revised Daoism
Economy: 6/0 (14/1)-0
Military: 2 Archers (3)
Culture: Average *Man Cultural Awakening*
Projects: United Man (DONE +Confidence+Culture)

Huaiyi/NPC
Color: Orange
Economy: 14/0 (3/8/3)-0
Military: 1 Longspear (6), 2 Longspears (3), 1 Archers (4.5)
Confidence: Respecting *Yueh in Rebellion*
Projects: Record of The Way (DONE +culture+religion), Unified Yueh (14/15 +Confidence+culture DISRUPTED 0/5)

Empire of Holy Japan /Chrisos
Color: Aqua
Religion: Imperial Sun-Worship
Economy: 18/8 (4/10/4)-1
Military: 9 Warriors of the Sun (5), 7 Curraghs (1.5), 32 Curraghs (1),
Confidence: Tolerating *Frontiers Unsettled*
Projects:

Ainu Horde/NPC
Economy: 6/4 (1/4/1)-3
Troops: 12 Hordlings, 12 Warriors
Hordling Desc: Lighty armed but very dedicated fighters.
Horde Desc: Seeks to secure the rights of the Ainu in Japan

Seoul, Kingdom of/NPC
Color: Salmon
Economy: 9/0 (1/4/4)-0
Military: 4 Archer (4.5), 7 Curraghs (0.5), 9 Curraghs (1), 3 Oceanstrider (.75)
Projects: Garden of the Sages (COMPLETE ++Culture)

Pusan Confederacy/NPC
Color: Violet
Religion: Sun-Worship
Economy: 6/0 (1/2/4)-0
Military: 1 Archer (3), 32 Curraghs (1)
Projects:

Silla Confederacy/NPC
Color: Green
Religion: Traditional Daoism
Economy: 6/3 (1/3/2)
Military: 2 Spearmen (1.5)
Projects

Spoiler Mississippi :

Nenekatae Empire/Tambien
Color: Light Violet
Economy: 12/0 (1/7/4) -2
Military: 5 Curraghs (1), 1 Spearmen (4.5), 3 Spearmen (3), 6 spearmen (1.5). 3 Archers (1.5)
Projects: Military Academy (7/12: +.1 Army Strength); Military Roads (DONE-Road Network)

Kumberland/NPC
Color: Violet Pink
Size:petite
Economy: 9/0 (1/5/3) -0
Military: 12 Curraghs (1), 1 Archer (4.5), 3 Spearmen (4.5)
Projects:

Seneca/NPC
Color: Brown
Economy: 60(1/3/2 -0
Military: 13 Curraghs (.5), 2 Archers (4.5), 1 Archer (4.5), 1 Spearmen (4.5)
Projects:

You should be able to post now, if you wish.

EDIT: To Above: I was just making last minute changes.

OOC: Applause. Sheer applause and congratulations to you, Terrance, for you threw off your burdens to release a magnificent update. Not saying that NESing should be your priority though. Heavens no, that's always RL. Again, great update, and thank you. This was perhaps the sweetest update of them all.

ORDERS DUE NEXT FRIDAY
ORDERS FOR NATIONS WITH NO PC INTERACTIONS DUE NEXT WEDNESDAY: NAMELY OPTICAL, TAMBIEN, JK STOCKHOLME

New Schedule

Saturday-Update Front Page Stats
Sunday-Post Proactive NPC Diplo
Monday-Update Stories
Tuesday-Judge Contests
Wednesday-Receive Isolated Orders: Draft Responses
Thursday-Update Isolated Nations
Friday-Receive Last Orders

Saturday-Draft Responses: Keltia, Eastern Seas, Western Seas
Sunday- Draft Responses: Nile, Levea, Khand, Xilan
Monday-Work on Keltia
Tuesday-Work on Central Seas
Wednesday-Work on Nile, Levea
Thursday-Work on Khand
Friday-Work on Xilan

Saturday-Post Update
Sunday-Update Stats and Stories Front Page
Monday-Post Proactive NPC Diplo
Tuesday-Judge Contests
Wednesday-Receive Isolated Orders: Draft Responses
Thursday-Update Isolated Nations
Friday-Recieve Last Orders

ect. ect.

NOTES
I will try to post updates Friday Nights instead of Saturday Mornings. I will also try to do more than draft on the weekends; I intend this to be my "Lastest at worst" scheduel.
At worst, if I follow this, Isolated nations will send orders within 96 Hours of Update. Normal nations have almost a full week.
After I draft results, this will allow me to write update drafts during school, in my free time, ect when I'm not near my computer because I can print out the results+update notes and work on it.

The Bloody Throne's victory has neither been spoiled nor delayed. Now is the time to rejoice in our triumphs by drinking and feasting heartily, in preparation to drive the heathens, infidels and barbarians from our land. As always, we shall show no mercy and know no retreat. We shall take a thousand-thousand barbarian slaves and concubines, and we shall cull their miserable people from the Earth thereafter.

We shall make mountains out of their skulls and a sea out of their blood. Death comes to every man.

OOC: Thunderous applause. One of the better NES updates I've seen. I'll have a story and a route map for the Jin Horde up tonight or tomorrow, and orders should with any luck be in tomorrow night.

Tentatively claiming Huaiyi, will look further tomorrow morning.

Holy crap. You've outdone yourself, Terrance. This adventure we are all on together is a fine wine. Hats off to you.

The Nesfrenks have found Paradise, they said, and all the Faithful are invited to come.

To: The Faithful

The land we have settled, our new home, truly is paradise. The winters do not chill to the bone, the food is plentiful, the resources everywhere. Join us, citizens, leave your lands so embroiled in war, make the Great Migration* and find Paradise.

*The Kingdom of Ildaris has adopted a new myth and belief into its tenets of the Faith; that of the Great Migration to Paradise. The truly Faithful of other lands are encouraged to make this migration to the paradise they deserve. The Faithful born in Ildaris will also often make pilgrimages to the old homeland of the Nesfrenks, to see the horrors that their people left.

There is a euphoria is seeing this live on.

Terrance: The nation I proposed for central asia wasn't in the update, so what kind of orders would you like from me? I can flesh their story out (or do one last turn as Doussa) - could you give me some direction.

A messege from Nikolaa II, Lordking of the Alfrenks:

Let it be known: So long as the Nesfrenkish or Ildairin pilgrams wishing to enter my lands obey my laws, walk my roads, respect my smallfolk, they will be welcome to visit whatever holy relics they believe to reside still in their ancestors' homes. However, nothing may be taken without the approval of the Lordking. If they do not agree to these wholly acceptable terms, they will be turned away.

Likewise any Faithful wishing to make the great journey south to the Leonosian Peninsula or what-have-you wishing to go through my lands, the same rules apply to you that apply to the pilgrams or the Faithful living within my own borders: Obey my law, my rule, my word; for when you are within my lands, you are under my wing, my protection.

To: The Kingdom of Ildaris

Can you agree to such terms, my brother? Can we not extend the rule of law to all? Tolerance of the Faithful has been our way for a hundred years, we have not spilled Faithful blood in [2 turns].

If you agree to allow your pilgrims to be held accountable for their crimes in my land, should there be any, I will make sure the paths chosen for the pilgrimage will be well paved and protected from brigands.

A messege from Nikolaa II, Lordking of the Alfrenks:

Let it be known: So long as the Nesfrenkish or Ildairin pilgrams wishing to enter my lands obey my laws, walk my roads, respect my smallfolk, they will be welcome to visit whatever holy relics they believe to reside still in their ancestors' homes. However, nothing may be taken without the approval of the Lordking. If they do not agree to these wholly acceptable terms, they will be turned away.

Likewise any Faithful wishing to make the great journey south to the Leonosian Peninsula or what-have-you wishing to go through my lands, the same rules apply to you that apply to the pilgrams or the Faithful living within my own borders: Obey my law, my rule, my word; for when you are within my lands, you are under my wing, my protection.

To: The Kingdom of Ildaris

Can you agree to such terms, my brother? Can we not extend the rule of law to all? Tolerance of the Faithful has been our way for a hundred years, we have not spilled Faithful blood in [2 turns].

If you agree to allow your pilgrims to be held accountable for their crimes in my land, should there be any, I will make sure the paths chosen for the pilgrimage will be well paved and protected from brigands.
EDIT: To break the laws of a brother who extends such kind hospitality is not the way. Those who disrespect the laws of the Alfrenk nation will be held accountable to your punishment, provided enough evidence is supplied.

OOC: There is no official religion in the Alfrenkish kingdom, but Nikolaa is a druid.

A Map of the "Flight of the Jin" and Relevant Locations

The Divine Emperor of Japan is here.

Wonderful. Still not the most powerful economy, but we will get there.

Also. I'm sick of the Red Sea. If Axume does one more silly thing I'll salt their lands! Time to move to the Mediterranean. Terrance, want to update a war between empires ;)?

Top Bottom