SGOTM 16 - Plastic Ducks

12 cities already, CS is ~ 10 turns away. I plan to grow Orleans to size 9 and then start a settler.

Edit: I can play later tonight (after soundjata brews his coffee), suggestions and green lights please.:) and will try to finish the play to CS in a couple more days.

@sossos

You are UP after me, are you ready to take over? I hope we can maintain the pace of 5~10 turns in 3~5 days until meeting the other continents.

Green Light

Wait some remarks

T113: Lyons starts a Spy

The worker going to the Pig tile will be threatened by a barb archer. You should defend it with the chariot

Edit: test save attached

Attachments

• Plastic test T112.CivBeyondSwordSave
    165.7 KB · Views: 30
Turn Log

Spoiler :

Turn 113, 50 BC: Paris has grown to size 6.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Orleans will become unhappy on the next turn.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Lyons will become unhappy on the next turn.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Rheims has grown to size 6.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Rheims can hurry Work Boat for 1⇴ with 10ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 30 turns.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Tours has grown to size 5.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Chartres will become unhappy on the next turn.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Brennus will trade Archery, Iron Working, Polytheism
Turn 113, 50 BC: Orleans will become unhappy on the next turn.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Lyons will become unhappy on the next turn.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Chartres will become unhappy on the next turn.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Ramesses II has 160 gold available for trade.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Ramesses II is the worst enemy of Brennus.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Brennus is the worst enemy of Ramesses II.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Brennus will trade Archery, Iron Working, Polytheism
Turn 113, 50 BC: Orleans will grow to size 8 on the next turn.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Lyons will grow to size 7 on the next turn.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Chartres will grow to size 4 on the next turn.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Avignon will grow to size 2 on the next turn.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Rouen will grow to size 2 on the next turn.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Grenoble will grow to size 2 on the next turn.
Turn 113, 50 BC: You have discovered Polytheism!
Turn 113, 50 BC: You have trained a Settler in Rheims. Work has now begun on a Work Boat.
Turn 113, 50 BC: Christianity has spread in Marseilles.

Turn 114, 25 BC: Orleans has grown to size 8.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Lyons has grown to size 7.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Lyons has become unhappy.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Tours can hurry Warrior for 1⇴ with 15ℤ overflow, 9ℴ added to the treasury, and +1⇤ for 28 turns.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Marseilles has grown to size 3.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Chartres has grown to size 4.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Chartres has become unhappy.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Chartres can hurry Lighthouse for 2⇴ with 22ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 14 turns.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Avignon has grown to size 2.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Avignon can hurry Warrior for 1⇴ with 15ℤ overflow, 13ℴ added to the treasury, and +1⇤ for 18 turns.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Rouen has grown to size 2.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Grenoble has grown to size 2.
Turn 114, 25 BC: You are the worst enemy of Ramesses II.
Turn 114, 25 BC: The borders of Tours are about to expand.
Turn 114, 25 BC: Brennus will trade Monotheism
Turn 114, 25 BC: You have discovered Monotheism!
Turn 114, 25 BC: You have discovered Archery!
Turn 114, 25 BC: Tours will grow to size 6 on the next turn.

Good news:D

Another double seafood island

Spoiler :

And lucky Chris spread in Mars

Spoiler :

How to capture the worker?:undecide:

Spoiler :

Some quick issues

1. Do we want to send the chariot to explore further west or pull the galley back to ship JMs?
2. Do we want to whip a WB in Avi at size 3 for the clam?

Attachments

• Plastic test T114.CivBeyondSwordSave
    168 KB · Views: 54
1. I guess it doesn't hurt to explore a bit further west... there's likely nothing but in the event of something good...

2. Certainly.

Barb worker: tasty tasty... but I think exploring further comes first. He'll likely be inaccessible by the time the chariot would get there anyway.
We could also replace the northern Chariot with a warrior and try that.

Good news indeed. :D

That barb worker is trying to connect with pig/gems city. On T126 it should be capturable by road trick. We finish the road 2W of pigs and then can capture with warrior barb worker who should be 3W of pigs. That means Brennus has 11 turns to scare barb worker off and ruin the plan. Good thing is that chariot is happily exploring Brennus and Rammy in that plan.

Issues:
1) You mean chariot from barb island, right? Load it and send to explore. Don't get why is that OR there. It is not like it is problem to do both.
2) I do.

I prefer to send the galley back to pick up JMs. We have 3 more visible sites to settle already and that is going to take a while (15+ turns), so we have time to explore further west after we ship some JMs to the island cities. If there's new site, the settler will come from Chart.

Another good new is that Brennus is researching Calendar now in 53 turns:eek:. I almost want to gift him currency.(just kidding) He should be much better after we connect the trade routes.

BTW, the test save was updated in post #847.

It's going to be a long test.

Oh, you meant West towards Humbaba. I don't think anything but ice is there. It'd be weird if flip-killing Humbaba was with no cost and suggested with some fish. OTOH, more fish would hardly surprise me...

Good night! Staying awake this late is getting harder although I have more than 5 years to 30th birthday.

Good mini set Duckweed!
I suggest putting the warrior from NW island to Chartres, where whip anger will grow quickly.

Next set we'll have to juggle with warriors and JM a lot to balance happiness in our fast growing cities. 2 WB are necessary for NW island. Chartres can cycle between WB and warriors.

Good mini set Duckweed!
I suggest putting the warrior from NW island to Chartres, where whip anger will grow quickly.

Too late now, in fact, 1 turn late, Chartres will grow to unhappiness next turn.

Next set we'll have to juggle with warriors and JM a lot to balance happiness in our fast growing cities. 2 WB are necessary for NW island. Chartres can cycle between WB and warriors.

Right, we needs a lot of warriors to grow all those cities. Not too hard with the overflow from other whips such as lib, worker, missionaries, and spies. From the power chart, you can see that we have the most warriors already.

Ran a test, we could have CS and IW on T122 if everything goes well.

^ sounds like a neat plan :)
Tomorrow I'm off so I can review your PPP while having my coffee :D

PPP to T123 (CS)

Worker movement overview

2 workers south of Lyon will connect the trade route to Brennus and then come back to Lyons, going to to chain irrigate the dry wheat next

2 workers in Paris will farm the silk and cottage all the riverside plain tiles

1 new worker from Mars will go south to connect the Deer tile in Rh and ready to chop the forest for the 13 city in the north tip.

1 Worker in Gre will finish the chop, road the GH tile, and cottage the shared forest grassland

1 worker in Avi will chop the forest and then cottage the 2 FP

Unit movement

Western galley will ship the JMs from Tours to island cities
Eastern galley will ship the settler to the NE island and then wait to pick a JM to there
South chariot will scout southwest to enable the trade route with Ram
1st spy will sit on the nearest Celtic city.

Tile management

Basically will work on tiles which gives the most yield. 1F = 2H > 2C. Exception is that sometime will work on hill tiles in Orleans and Rh in order to speedup the production of WBs. Plain cottages in Paris > plain farm

Research

Start 100% slider from T117 and partial slider to finish CS on T122.

City Management (mainly what to produce, when to whip, and shared tile exchange)

T114 -- Dij founded (Gra)
T115 -- Orleans(WB for Fish in Dij, on 2 mines), Tours(whip JM for Avi)
T116 -- Lyons(war), Rh(lib), Chart(lib), Maes(worker), Gre(whip gra), Rouen(whip gra), Avi(WB for clam in Rouen)
T117 -- Paris(war), Or(size9, settler), Lyon(spy), Tours(war), Rouen(war), Gre(LH), Mars(whip worker), Rh(whip lib), Char(whip lib)
T118 -- Ami founded (Gra), Rh (WB for 2nd fish in Ami, work on mine), Tours(JM for Char), Char(war), Lyon(whip spy), Orleans(JM for Paris, mine to shared cot), Avi(whip WB)
T119 -- Lyons(Wealth), Mars(war), Chart(Wealth), Or(whip settler), Tours(whip JM)
T120 -- Paris(Wealth), Tours(WB for 14th city), Avi(takes shared FP, war), Rouen(LH), Lyon(takes shared cot, war), Orleans(4H mine to 2F2C), Mars(worker)
T121 -- Orleans(WB for 13th city, works on 2 mines), Lyon(takes plain cot, wealth), Tours(settler for 14th city), Mars(whip worker), Rh(2F2C to sci to control the happy cap)
T122 -- Avi(takes shared FP, LH), Tours(whip settler), Lyon(Settler for 15th city, takes Oasis), Paris(takes plain cot), Rh(sci and mine to 2F2C)

Might play late tonight if getting enough green lights or tomorrow night.

Attachments

• Plastic test T123.CivBeyondSwordSave
    185.2 KB · Views: 44
Green Light.

Don't have time to test myself but everything seems fine. No need to complicate and slow us down.

Why bother farming the silk in Paris? We're going to make a Plantation over it in the near future anyway. If you think we have the spare worker turns, ok... but we might as well finish roading forests.

I don't quite agree with the amount of cottages planned for Paris, growth just isn't there to do that.

I don't particularly hold dear to this, but freeing up the northern chariot for scouting duty might not be a bad use of 15H.

I guess you have not checked my save or run some tests.;)

Why bother farming the silk in Paris? We're going to make a Plantation over it in the near future anyway. If you think we have the spare worker turns, ok... but we might as well finish roading forests.

1. We do have enough worker turns to do so as you can see that all citizens are working the improved tiles, except Paris since we don't want to chop the forest now.
2. Brennus is ~20 turns away to complete Calendar, farmed silk gives 2C compared with a forest grassland, with the bonus of burea, that's ~50C gain for 5 worker turns, roading gives nothing for the moment.
3. Some workers are already on the forest tile doing pre-improvement, we are going to waste 1 more turn later to come back, but roading on those tile are not necessary.

I don't quite agree with the amount of cottages planned for Paris, growth just isn't there to do that.

There are 3 riverside plain can be cottage now, 1 can be worked by Lyons and that leaves 2 for Paris. Because of the Burea, Academy, and OU, cottages in capital gives the most gain, especially for a long lasting competition. I don't expect those new cottages become town, but villages are good enough by the time when OU is online. Our capital will be food abundant with Sushi.

I don't particularly hold dear to this, but freeing up the northern chariot for scouting duty might not be a bad use of 15H.

We don't have free warrior from Orleans, as you can see from my save, there's 1 warrior close, which actually come from Paris. However, it turns out the new settler is faster to arrive there to replace the chariot. Moreover, if you aim to capture the barbarian worker, you may notice that I shipped the chariot around Avi back, which will do the job way before the northern chariot.

You're right, I didn't get a chance to look at it until now ;)

Feel free to play.

AP will likely be built under Christianism so we might want to get the free hammers sooner or later.

Top Bottom