[MOD] More Naval AI

a couple thoughts:

1) the harpy event ( gain a great bard for 5 hurry anger ) happens earlygame and cripples AIs picking the bard. I'd either tweak xml AI value so they don't pick that ( you should only ever do that if you REALLY know what you're doing ) , or change the event to be gold in exchange for bard like the prophet event.

2) another event crippling players and AIs alike is the variant of Minister Koun event that has a city revolt to a new civ, usually early/midgame, which I guess could be removed ( there's still a version where the new civ becomes an ally which is more interesting )

3) any chance to see lfgr's expanded events included? the events all integrate seamlessly and provide some additional flavour. also his other modmods could possibly be included in advanced tactics or their own options.

4) a gameoption allowing autocasting of spells would also be invaluable :D

My request is that Skeletons don't cost maintenance.

Not quite sure how to do this ... and I think that Tigers deserve mainenance ... but ... having skeletons cost maintenance seems somewhat silly to me, especially since you have to consider that you are limited in the number of skeletons by how may *adepts* you have ... >.>

not a very cheap tactic to say the least xD

Still not seeing it. Checked on two different computers. I haven't done anything recently that would affect the Sevopedia.

If you can't reproduce the issue and no one else is confirming that the hero and world spell appear incorrectly in the mouseover text for leaders in the traits pages, it must be something on my side. It is strange though; I tested with clean MNAI :confused:

We discovered a different bug, which is more interesting and IMO something that should be fixed before 2.41. It is possible to get infinite tigers using the new gifting mechanic. It is simple to reproduce:

1) Summon as many tigers as you can.
2) Gift all of them to your partner.
3) You can summon again in the next turn, the gifted tigers do not count against your limit.
4) Repeat until the map is flooded with tigers.

I suspect that this issue affects all permanent summons but I have not tested it. In my opinion, just not allowing them to be gifted should be enough to prevent this issue.

We also saw that the Kuriotate airship is tradable and giftable. I don't think that this is a bug because I consider that they should be able to gift or trade their ships if they want to, but I thought that I should mention it anyways just in case that it opens up unbalance issues.

another couple ideas from denev's patch:

1) he had a very useful tweak that would keep the stack selected after move if it had castable spells. example: it's very annoying to have the game immediately focus on the other side of the world as soon as you move your stack before you have a chance to cast haste and move again. ( worldspells would obviously have to be excluded from this )

2) founding a city on a floodplain keeps the floodplain intact: I think this is from BTS unofficial patch, quite nice.

3) fix for the defensive strike+blitz exploit providing infinite defensive strikes ( if you can get one such unit it's usually GG as nothing can touch it )

3) fix for the defensive strike+blitz exploit providing infinite defensive strikes ( if you can get one such unit it's usually GG as nothing can touch it )[/QUOTE]

This dosen't need fix there is a lvl 1 blur spell that fixes it ;), infinite defensive strike is a feature introduced in game, that's why Flurry starts whit blitz

not really, flurries have always had blitz while defensive strikes were only added in the last version so it can't be intended ;)

good point about blur, but I still think this kind of overwhelming power is an exploit, even though it's a counterable one.

I too have noticed that in the trait Pages, a mouseovers of the leaders show Govannon as their hero and Arcane Lacuna as their world spell.

Frankly I'm sure why why a Leader mouseover should show any hero or worldspell at all. World spells and Heroes are dependent on civ, not leader. Showing them as if dependent on leaders could confuse those who are playing with the Unrestricted Leaders game option.

I agree that no summons should have maintenance. I would add that units which are summoned in python and then assigned a summoner should also be maintenance free.

I have not checked to confirm whether this might already be the case, but units which are the avatars of leaders should never cost maintenance and should never be disbanded due to lack of funds.

It might be nice to have a xml tag to stop a unit from receiving any maintenance, perhaps codes so that it an also allow extra maintenance.

We should not be able to gift summons (temporary or permanent, whether summoned through xml or created in python and assigned a summoner), or trade them through diplomacy either.

It might be best not to allow UUs to be gifted to different type civilizations (possibly with an exception if the receiving civ has the Tolerant trait?)

AI still builds too many mages and...okay, in some cases it works - fireballing, summoning mages, but civilizations without fireballing/ summoning - their mages suck, especially at defence. Yeah, defending cites with mages is not the best idea anyway...I was attacking ljofo cities and instead of defending with archers (longbowman) - I found countless number of useless mages...

I've noticed the recommended builds almost often include adepts once you get access to them. I assume there's no easy way to tell the AI "this is good, but you only need a few" , but something based on unit line flavours could work, so that only civs that can actually benefit from adept spam actually do it while others focus on their strengths.

also, if an AI is going to spam adepts then it needs to prioritize mana nodes giving spells that are useful to use en masse, which basically means summons ( death, fire, etc. ) . as awesome as something like maelstrom is for example, you don't need fifty mages with it when five will do. fifty spectres per turn otoh...

There's something I noticed in a game of mine, though it was before the release of version 2.4. But because I didn't see it mentioned in the thread i think it might still be relevant: The Ice tiles around cities with a temple of the hand are slowly converting back to their original terrain type if the temple was build after the completion of "The Deepening". However, ice tiles around cities with a temple of the hand which was build before the Deepening remain ice permenantly as intended. It might be relevant that the game option "end of winter" was enabled.

There's something I noticed in a game of mine, though it was before the release of version 2.4. But because I didn't see it mentioned in the thread i think it might still be relevant: The Ice tiles around cities with a temple of the hand are slowly converting back to their original terrain type if the temple was build after the completion of "The Deepening". However, ice tiles around cities with a temple of the hand which was build before the Deepening remain ice permenantly as intended. It might be relevant that the game option "end of winter" was enabled.

I don't believe this is caused by End of Winter, but it has the same issue. I have not seen this problem myself but I have heard of others reporting it. This is what I surmised from their posts:

1) Basically, when you cast Deepening it changes some of the tiles to snow temporarily.
2) When you build a Temple of the Hand in a city, it checks to see if they're already snow, whether temporary or permanent.
3) Only the non-snow tiles get changed to snow.
3) Temporary snow tiles are ignored by Temple of the Hand, and will eventually revert to whatever they were before.

[to_xp]Gekko;12118905 said:
I've noticed the recommended builds almost often include adepts once you get access to them. I assume there's no easy way to tell the AI "this is good, but you only need a few" , but something based on unit line flavours could work, so that only civs that can actually benefit from adept spam actually do it while others focus on their strengths.

also, if an AI is going to spam adepts then it needs to prioritize mana nodes giving spells that are useful to use en masse, which basically means summons ( death, fire, etc. ) . as awesome as something like maelstrom is for example, you don't need fifty mages with it when five will do. fifty spectres per turn otoh...

Yeah, I was thinking...something to add to AI - favourite units - like favourite wonders, civics, etc.

for instance, kurio AI almost never uses its unique centaurs, centaur archers, etc.

And AI sends usually one catapult for - scouting...

From AI early/mid level stacks are the most dangerous - usually catapult-axemen combos, later replaced with...yeah, mages.

I don't believe this is caused by End of Winter, but it has the same issue. I have not seen this problem myself but I have heard of others reporting it. This is what I surmised from their posts:

1) Basically, when you cast Deepening it changes some of the tiles to snow temporarily.
2) When you build a Temple of the Hand in a city, it checks to see if they're already snow, whether temporary or permanent.
3) Only the non-snow tiles get changed to snow.
3) Temporary snow tiles are ignored by Temple of the Hand, and will eventually revert to whatever they were before.

That's what I thought at first, too, but i'm relatively sure that not only the tiles which were temporary turned to ice by "The Deepening" reverted back to their former state, but also those which were turned to ice by the temples built after the completion of the ritual.

I think skeletons should have maintenance.
Its a powerful enough (T1) spell as it is.

[to_xp]Gekko;12118453 said:
3) fix for the defensive strike+blitz exploit providing infinite defensive strikes ( if you can get one such unit it's usually GG as nothing can touch it )

I'm not aware of this issue. You'll have to explain to me how it works.

The Ice tiles around cities with a temple of the hand are slowly converting back to their original terrain type if the temple was build after the completion of "The Deepening". However, ice tiles around cities with a temple of the hand which was build before the Deepening remain ice permenantly as intended.

This is an old FFH issue with temporary terrain. I'll add it to my bug list.

Top Bottom