SGOTM 16 - Plastic Ducks

I don't mind other teams getting the advantage of extension like SGOTM12 when the majority agreed. However requesting extension is saying of the incapability. Let's not make a shame on our team by showing pity on others!!!:rolleyes:

Looks like a split vote so far. I'll leave the option open and wait for others' opinion.

I'll get started on the PPP after diner. Nothing too detailed, just the big lines.

As I said, if we need that time, why not. If we can do it without an extension, than I am against it.
However, if deadline is disturbing your RL, than use the opportunity to get 10 more days.

However requesting extension is saying of the incapability.

That is too harsh and wrong. We (players in all teams) are not all equally committed to SGOTM or games in general. Under a premise that RL comes first, and in mental healthy people it usually is, you are only incapable if you let your RL suffer.

If there was such a thing as a professional civ league, your statement would be correct.

Let's wait then. If enough teams support it within the time limit, we'll know soon enough. (I'm assuming AlanH would inform everyone ahead of the 72 hours)

If not, we can decide to weigh in or not.

I agree with DW.

The extension is unfair to those teams playing faster. They may sacrifice some micros to make sure that the game is completed on time.

@kossin

I hope you'll bring more units to kill Humbaba. I tested it and after airships and guided missiles my Marine lost 70% battle while Humbaba was so wounded that Longbows were top defenders. Apparently, you can't kill 4 units with 2 Marines in one turn so maybe some hammers from overshot EPs (Jail+IA in a city or two) could be redirected to more guided missiles or Marines or veteran Muskets could be transported.

I'll get started on the PPP after diner. Nothing too detailed, just the big lines.

I'm afraid this is taking a bit longer than expected. There's just so many details.

Also, I want to review the GPP plan, getting GMs is more important than GAs to finish on T235. The moment we have 2 before T232, then we're good for research. Or maybe I should look at bulb lines for other types just in case.

(EDIT: GA could be used to bulb Mass Media ~2,200 beakers, allowing enough beakers!
GE can bulb Industrialism for same amount as well.

So we should hold on to the first GA from Orleans to bulb MM for 100% finish on T235)

GM>GA~GE>GS>GSpy>GP

@shakabrade
Yes, the 3 Marines are just a lazy effort (huuuuge tests of 20+ turns takes a while even with fast micro). I'll plan to get a few more units (6 should be more than enough) to get the job done. It'd be planned for 1~2t before victory anyway so that we get 2 shots at him.

I'd rather take T250 crappy result than extension for a better result. Isn't that we have been rushing all the time in this game to meet the deadline? I'm very sensitive for deadline in RL and I hope our team maintain a good reputation! When I was in school, our group spent a whole week nights together in the lab to get a final mark 99 of a project and that was the the team I was proud of.

Proceed when you are ready and make sure to stop and reevaluate before researching MM.

Hmm, just figured out that we could use a Great Prophet to bulb ~2000 beakers of Future Tech if we steal Divine Right from SB... this makes the GPP planning a lot easier on my mind as there were high risks of GP from Babylon...

Still ironing out some details, but I'm nearing the point where I can play.

1 turn played so far... I've saved the game and will continue a bit later.

Only difference so far is test game had a bit more beaker overflow, I added a few scientists here and there to make up for it.

Good luck, kossin!

And good catch about GPro. :goodjob:

Back at it... T217 now.

Didn't take many screenshots so far. Was QSH in a Golden Age? I hope so, because he didn't get any Anarchy. I'm monitoring the possibility to have him revolt to avoid Emancipation as much as possible.
Spoiler :

SB city. SB's packing units in Cahokia so I moved some reinforcements...
Spoiler :

EDIT:
So far, real game is behind 239 beakers (due to overflow) and ahead 1,168 gold... I'm kicking up the slider 1 turn earlier.

Also, both Tao missionaries failed horribly in Orleans... building 3 more for another shot at it.

Yay, Kossin's at it again :D

I don't think Tao Cathedral is very important. You could spare the effort of trying to spread Taoism at all.

Some more action...

QSH finally getting Rifling. Wonder if we could trade for it before we have to research it?
Spoiler :

Decided to keep this city after all. It had good infrastructure, also Mining Inc from Coal. If we ever come close to land limit, we can just liberate cities to Hammy - more votes.
Spoiler :

Stopped in the middle of T221, will resume tomorrow evening and upload after 1-2 more turns.

Spoiler :

GM on his way to Mecca to cash in 2,300 gold.

So far, we appear to be a full turn ahead of the test game... T234 possible?

So far, we appear to be a full turn ahead of the test game... T234 possible?

I've rethought about this; I'm 99.9% certain this is impossible, we'd need to make up a lot more extra beakers and we'd need Rifling in the next 7 turns, we'd need obviously more research (~8000 to make up for the lost turn) and we'd have 1 fewer GP we could count on as Orleans cannot be sped up more.

I'll stick to the T235 plan and if things were to look up next turn, I can look to see if T234 is possible.

I've examined the current save, I should augment spy production - production was slowed down due to some failed Execs (3~5, I forget... many more than test game). EPP seems on schedule however to have ~11k EPP by T234.

Top Bottom