[C2C] Hydronia

Hydromancerx

C2C Modder
This thread is one of a handful of threads in the C2C Massive Humans vs Humans Game. Unlike the other players I decided to offset my turn by 20 rather than 10 turns. Meaning you will get to see turns 1 to 10 when I have reach turn 20, turns 11 to 20 when I have reach turn 30 and so on. This is to keep the others from cheating. Note they already posted their turns 10 turns ago.

Episode 1 (Turn 1 to 10) [Part 1]

Turn 1

Spoiler :

As you can see I am Charlemagne of the Incas. He is Protective, Imperialistic and Isolationist. Not quite traits I am use to but ok. The Incan culture will give me Native Culture (American). Since this ws done we now split up American into North and South American. So looks like until the game is updated I have access to cultures I would not normally get. I call my nation Hydronia!

Spoiler :

So I have a stone thrower, clubman and a band that can settle. Looks like some scrub, forest and a river around. Not a bad spot to start from the looks of it.

Spoiler :

I love my clubman to see even more forest. Looks like an even better spot across the river. I chance it and move my band to end this turn.

Turn 2

Spoiler :

And so I found my first city at the start of turn 2. Better late than never. Plus the locations is not too bad. On a river, coastal and lots of trees. Seems good to me.

Spoiler :

I shall name the city Hydron!

Spoiler :

I pick Native Culture (American) as my first building. Ironically if we update to v29 this will have to be rebuilt as Native Culture (South American). Oh well, that the nature of an active mod.

Spoiler :

I continue to move my stone thrower to reveal a volcano and some barren tiles. I am sure glad I moved my city over.

Turn 3

Spoiler :

My clubman heads south and discovers a dreaded platypus!

Spoiler :

I get Language tech first due to the technology boost. I want to catch up for my first turn of not founding a city.

Spoiler :

However I need to take a turn of anarchy to get the civic. Oh well got to give a little to get a little.

Spoiler :

As you can see it give some tech and culture. Plus its way better than grunting at each other.

Spoiler :

Time to pick another tech. Oh only one choice? Well if you insist.

Spoiler :

And so this is my explored region so far.

Turn 4

Spoiler :

And so the mighty platypus is vanquished!

Spoiler :

And a turkey too! We are hunting like mad!

Spoiler :

That helps finish the Native Culture and I start work on another Stone Thrower, since I don't have much else to make.

Turn 5

Spoiler :

My clubman finds some muddy jungle and another river. Might be a good spot for a 2nd city. or even the one by the rocky hill.

Spoiler :

And so I find a goodie hut. I don' remember what it gave me since this was done months ago. Still says 0 gold in the screenshot so it was not gold, and I don't appear to have it glowing for XP. I don't know.

Turn 6

Spoiler :

Got Nomadic Lifestyle tech! Looks like I rank 2nd place! Yay!

Spoiler :

So not to waste beakers I beeline to Scavenging tech to help reveal some new resources.

Spoiler :

Meanwhile my stone thrower reveals more forest and barren land to the east.

Spoiler :

To the south my clubman sees another platypus! Oh no!

Turn 7

Spoiler :

The stone thrower can see a far off peak in the distance. And not much else. However this hill near the river could be a good spot for a 2nd city.

Spoiler :

Its slow going around the muddy tall grass. I hope my clubman doesn't get stuck in the mud.

Spoiler :

Here is a wide shot of the known world. I also am almost done with my 2nd stone thrower.

Turn 8

Spoiler :

I got gathering tech yay! Lots of plants are potentially revealed now.

Spoiler :

So I am obviously not the first to get the tech but I at least get a free gatherer.

Spoiler :

And my stone thrower is made. Just to be safe I keep it in the city so I can protect it (along with the Tribal Guardian).

Spoiler :

Still exploring with the other Stone Thrower. To the East!

Spoiler :

And the Clubman find more Rocky hills and coastline. Looks like I am on a peninsula.

(To Be Continued)

Episode 1 (Turn 1 to 10) [Part 2]

Turn 9

Spoiler :

I begin a gathering camp nearby.

Spoiler :

Yet another peak in the distance. Nice to see lots of rivers though.

Spoiler :

My clubman find an iguana. he should be able to handle that.

Spoiler :

I turn on the resources so you can see I have potatoes and resin nearby. I could get Incan culture from the potatoes if only one the the peaks were closer. Oh well. However another city to the east could probably get in range of both potatoes and a Peak.

Spoiler :

I cue up Herbalism next so I can deal with this unhealthiness. Even with so much forest my city is still unhealthy.

Turn 10

Spoiler :

My clubman finds the start of the desert. Some dunes and salt flats. Doesn't look to big so I think I might try to cross it next turn.

Spoiler :

Not much to say from the stone thrower. Can't see very far yet.

----

So that was my first 10 turns. They were done months ago so its almost like I am viewing them first the first time again. The game is fun, but so slow! Hope to see you again in another few months with 10 more turns. Check out the others and their turn 11 to 20 which they should post soon here.

Oh also sorry for making it 2 posts instead of 1 but I apparently reached the picture limit and had to split up the posts.

As far as I know, the only reason turns 1-10 were posted early was because AstralPhaser got impatient and decided to post his, and many of us decided to join in. That was a one time thing and we should all be resuming the normal schedule for posting episodes, which is to say that episode two (turns 11-20) will be posted at or around when we are playing turn 30. At the very least, I will be resuming that schedule.

That first goody hut gave you the Language tech. Sadly, you were just 1 turn from researching it anyway. You can see it in the pictures for turn 3 - you are 1 turn from the tech then get the tech pop-up for getting it. It did, however, cancel out the 1 turn research disadvantage from moving before settling.

By the way, switching to the language civic was a waste. It got you no research at all since it is only 5% and the amount of research rounds down, so you get nothing from that until you are making 20/turn (or get some other bonus to combine with it). The 5% culture does get you something since it tracks that down to the hundredth. Almost certainly not worth the turn of anarchy.

Episode 2 (Turn 11 to 20)

Turn 11

Spoiler :

I convert to Banditry civic.

Spoiler :

And so the exploration continues eastward!

Spoiler :

And south across the dunes with the clubman.

Turn 12

Spoiler :

The clubman gets across and rests since the dunes hurt him.

Spoiler :

The stone thrower explores through some bamboo. What is just beyond them?

Turn 13

Spoiler :

Looks like some bird has come to peck at my injured clubman. He is not dead! Just injured. Go away bird!

Spoiler :

Oh crap! A Moose! He is going to die! Nice knowing you stone thrower.

Turn 14

Spoiler :

What?! He lived! You the man stone thrower! Killing a moose and living! Wow! You deserve a rest.

Turn 15

Spoiler :

The clubman seems to have survived the birds and healed up. However looks like a desert is next to cross. Grrr.

Turn 16

Spoiler :

Cooperation tech, yay!

Spoiler :

And you guessed it, through the small desert. And still no one to be found. Where is everyone?

Turn 17

Spoiler :

Still noone. Time to heal from that desert.

Turn 18

Spoiler :

More healing from the desert.

Spoiler :

But the stone thrower is healed and ready to go. Hmm where's this coastline go?

Spoiler :

Meanwhile back at the capital things are building as normal.

Turn 19

Spoiler :

Some more island goodie huts but nothing I can get at the moment. I wonder what is beyond those peaks.

Turn 20

Spoiler :

Aw man! Just the end of the peninsula. That sucks!

Spoiler :

And the cluman continues east along the coast. Still no one around.

-----

And so that was turn 11 to 20. Not much happened except for exploration and an amazing kill of a moose. Join me next time for episode 3.

I think you're on an island. It'd be surprising if you'd find a landbridge on the eastern unexplored part of your continent.

Episode 2 (Turn 11 to 20)

Oh crap! A Moose! He is going to die! Nice knowing you stone thrower.

Turn 14

Spoiler :

What?! He lived! You the man stone thrower! Killing a moose and living! Wow! You deserve a rest.

I think you forgot that on Noble difficulty in C2C you get 2 free wins.

Subbed.

Episode 3 (Turn 21 to 30)

Turn 21
Spoiler :

And so the Stone Thrower gets to the edge of the peninsula and what is that he spies across the water? Another civs borders? And not just anyone's borders but JosEPh_II's borders? Muahahaha! :devil:

Spoiler :

Meanwhile down south the Clubman explore more of the coastline.

Turn 22
Spoiler :

Now for the long trek back down the peninsula so we can explore more to the east.
Spoiler :

Not much left to explore. Looks like I might be on my very own isolate island. :eek:

Turn 23
Spoiler :

Still coming back the way I came.

Spoiler :

Yup I thin think I am on and island.

Turn 24
Spoiler :

Confirmed. I am on my own island. I shall name it also "Hydronia".

Spoiler :

Almost back. Boy these guys move slow.

Turn 25
Spoiler :

I apologize for such a boring episode. But really not much is happening.

Spoiler :

And then a badger appears in the bamboo. Finally something interesting.

Turn 26
Spoiler :

I spoke too soon. Poor Rock Thrower got taken out by the badger. :( Also you can se some potatoes nearby.

Spoiler :

So back at my city I build a Hunting Instruction so any new units will be prepared for wild animals.

Turn 27
Spoiler :

With only the clubman left he goes to explore the interior of the island.

Turn 28
Spoiler :

Looks like he found an Ibex and a goodie hut!

Turn 29
Spoiler :

He pops the goodie hut and gets some experience. Not the best prize but better than hostile villagers.

Turn 30
Spoiler :

So I have the XP from the village plus I was attacked by some nearby animal.

Spoiler :

Time to heal up.

-----

And that was that. Until next time! Cya!

Top Bottom