A Glorious Sepulcher; Fresh Start NES

That of an older brother to annoying younger siblings. You have your issues here and there, but by and large they follow your lead. They might need to be occasionally persuaded to think along the same lines that you do, but they're far from being enemies.

You are more than welcome to do as you wish with your neighbors, I won't stop you.

Also, I'm out right now, so if you're missing orders, you still have time to get them in. When I get home in 3-4 hours, I will continue the updating process.

About 90% of the update is complete; I have left myself only two order sets I still have to go over, and some "flavor" things. I fully expect the update to be up and ready some point tomorrow night, so if you have anything last second to message me, or wish to write up a quick story or something, I recommend getting it done within the next 18 hours.

And it should go without saying, but absolutely no order revisions. If you happened to of not sent orders, I will still accept them up until the update.. the question of what exactly I'll accept in them is up to my judgement. :p

The following is an excerpt from the book Ancient Cultures: Termi Dor, the premier textbook for students of history, published by the Dori Lissar Academy Press

Rise and Fall of the Old Empire of the Termi Dor

Termidorian Colonisation

The relative lack of arable land strongly contributed to the colonisation of the Dori and the mainland. Various second, third, and fourth sons, with no land to inherit, would sail across the sea to some land and make farms and new lives there. Over time, many of these new colonies would become great cities in their own right - at the time of the Termidorian Civil War, the cities of Dorishor and Tlleya reportedly rivalled Dori Lissar and Dori Qur in splendour, though most archeologists today believe that this is exaggeration.

The wealth of Termi Dor fuelled many colonisation attempts, and soon, all of the known islands were colonised and had settlements paying homage to the Är in Dori Lissar, as well as many settlements on the mainland along the north of the Sismondis and at Makkat. Some islands (such as Dorishor and Dori Qur) were initially populated by peoples who were very similar in language and culture to the Termi Dor, and were integrated into the colonies. Others, such as the original inhabitants of Tlleya and the mainland peoples at Makkat and the Hillmen north of the Sismondi, were systematically wiped out or enslaved - by 200 ST the only indigenous Tlleyans alive were slaves of the Är in Dori Lissar, and kept as curiosities to show visiting dignitaries.

In some cases, the native inhabitants of an island were integrated into Termidorian culture. On the island of Lyre, the initial settlers found a people which was very different to them. Described as 'brown as soil' and with 'long brown hair' and 'rounded eyes' (in contrast to the description of Termidorians, who are typically described in Termidorian literature as being a lighter, duller shade of brown, and having narrower eyes), the Lyrians and colonists originally made war. However, over time the Lyrians adopted the colonist's cultures and joined with them to create the bustling city of Lyre, paying tribute to Dori Lissar, and eventually the indigenous Lyrians became the dominant group on the island, setting up a city which would later rival Dori Lissar for control of the Dori.

The Politics of the Old Empire

The far-flung colonies of the Termidorians were largely left to govern themselves, with their own Merchant Princes from among their number occasionally travelling to Dori Lissar to debate their cases when necessary. Due to the fractious nature of Termidorian politics normally, with Merchant Princes responsible for the enforcing of laws and the maintenance of armies, the colonies were, despite their paying lip service and meagre tribute to Dori Lissar, quite free to do as they wished.

The Great Men by Ariqur. A later painting of the Confederacy of Princes in Dori Lissar

However, this began to change with the rise to power of the Merchant Prince Turqur Teri Turmar. Turqur was a merchant of great wealth, with a sizeable personal fleet (later Termidorian historians give his personal navy as 150 vessels, though this is likely exaggeration) and employing great numbers of mercenaries. Turqur began to gather around himself many other Merchant Princes, and sought to bring the far flung colonies such as Makkat and the Mainland into greater control by the central administration in Dori Lissar. His ultimate aim was to use their combined might to go on great campaigns of conquest and colonise as far as beyond the Wotk, gaining large amounts of land and personal glory.

Turqur and his allies rapidly forced themselves into control of the Confederacy of Princes in Dori Lissar in the year of 109 ST, through skilled diplomacy, bargaining, and the frequent assassination of rival princes - four successive princes from Dorishor found themselves running into pirates unfortunately frequently. After taking control of the legislative body, Turqur's faction began to force increases of tribute and tithes of soldiers from the other Princes towards the central government, in order to go on campaign against the tribes of the Wotk in 111 ST. At first, Turqur was successful, with the army advancing inland, however, with so many of his allies gone on campaign to the Wotk and few of their forces in the Dori, their opponents struck back. The Merchant Princes from Dorishor, Lyre, and Makkat, as well as the other islands near these colonies, sailed to Dori Lissar and swiftly seized control of the Confederacy of Princes by force.

The Rebels Seize the Confederacy by Ariqur. A later painting of the Rebel Princes declaring the seizure of the Confederacy to the shocked Princes of Turqur's faction.

Civil War

With the home front now threatened, Turqur turned back, and attacked Makkat, home of many of his enemies. However, the Makkatians made an alliance with the Wotk tribesmen, and together they drove him back from the city walls. Turqur was able, however, to return to Dori Lissar with his enlarged fleet. The fleet, supposed to be used for the conquest of the Wotk, was supplemented by reinforcements from Turqur's allies in Dori Qur and Tlleya, and greatly outnumbered the rebel fleet. The rebels were driven back from Dori Lissar at the battle of Merari Tun, securing Turqur's faction's hold on the capital. However, the battle was grievous in losses, and the victorious fleet was badly savaged and unable to pursue.

A Modern Depiction of the Battle of Merari Tun

However, following the defeat the remaining rebel forces withdrew to the multiple islands from which they hailed. The leaders of the Lyrian forces returned, and with their expanded fleets and mercenary armies crowned their leader Ärilis crowned himself king of Lyre, founding the Ärilisian Dynasty. Makkat had not sent its forces to Merari Tun, preferring to keep its armies and fleets securing the city against Turqur when he returned from the Wotk. The Dorishorian fleet, however, returned to Dorishor to declare the city completely and totally independent of Termi Dor. Their own nation stretched across the southwestern Dori, protecting the rebel islanders from the repercussions of Dori Lissar.

With the Old Termidorian Empire collapsing before their eyes, the Turqurian faction in Dori Lissar turned on each other. Turqur himself was assassinated in the middle of the Confederacy hall by a group of disgruntled Merchant Princes, who declared him a failure and a traitor, while the Är watched. The Tlleyan princes fled for their island, pausing on the way to seize control of Dori Talmarur from the weak Dorishorian garrison there, and rebuilding their ships to prepare for the inevitable Dorishorian invasion.

The Death of Turqur, by Ariqur. A later painting of the killing of Turqur Teri Turmar. It must be noted that the clothing worn by the Princes in this painting is an anachronism - the flowing robes worn by the figures are from Ariqur's time, and the wealthy of Termi Dor preferred straight, embroidered tunics.

The Dorian Wars

With the factions fleeing to their respective bases and homes, they began to act as independent states, sending their own ambassadors and amassing their own confederacies and oligarchies. Though unrecognised by their enemies, each faction became a nation in their own rights, with their own forces, and the Termidorians in Dori Lissar were unable to do anything about it for roughly six years. This period, lasting from the battle of Merari Tun in 112 to the failure of the Termidorian invasion of Dorishor in 124 is widely known as the Dorian Wars.

When the Confederacy in Dori Lissar was finally able to cooperate, they rebuilt their fleet and prepared for war against the breakoff nations. Lyre was beset by a mighty fleet, but after a six month siege their fleet was able to sail out and best the Termidorians in the First Battle of Lyre in 115. The second invasion attempt was in 119, with the Termidorians once again defeated by the Lyrians and their Dorishorian allies in the Second Battle of Lyre.

Meanwhile, the Dorishorians were not idle. A large fleet was assembled, and deeming the Termidorians too powerful to strike against, set sail for Tlleya in 123 to remove their close allies. The Tlleyas were greatly outnumbered, but through skilful tactics and significant amounts of aid from the Termidorians, were able to defeat the attackers at the Battle of Päri Tlleya ('Tlleyan Straights, the straights between Tlleya and the island of Dori Talmarur). The followup invasion by the Termidorians the year after, in 124, however, found the Dorishorians rebuilding and powerful, and the Termidorians were forced to return home after a gruelling battle which damaged large parts of their fleet.

The Mercantile Period

Since the defeat of the Termidorians in the invasion of Dorishor, the Dori were largely at peace - at least as far as the declared wars go. The Termidorians were forced to recognise in fact if not in law the independence of their splinter states, though they have dreams of returning to their old glory and conquering all the Dori once more. The Dorishorians sought to expand and seize Dori Lissar's glory for their own, and the smaller nations of Lyre and Tlleya simply maintained their independence. On the mainland, Makkat enjoyed its position as the gateway to the South, with traders from as far as Galyma trading in the city. This period is today known to academics as the Mercantile Period.

A contemporary depiction of the harbour of Dori Lissar

The Mercantile Period is characterised by the high volume of trade conducted by the various states during this time. With the wars ended for the time, the Merchant Princes went back to their original source of income. Trade bombed across the Dori, even between rival states such as Termi Dor and Dorishor, who kept politics and trade separate. Piracy was held in check by the large numbers of rival fleets, which were kept large in case of the outbreak of war and, in this time of peace, fought to keep the sealanes free of pirates. Rivalries, however, grew greatly, with even the once close states of Lyre and Dorishor nearly coming to blows over trade disputes.

Some historians of the period wrote that the Dorian Wars had ended, and that a long period of peace would last forever. Others believed that this was only a brief interlude, and that they would begin again with far more ferocity. Only time would tell who was right.

Firstly, I love the story GK.

Second, update on the update, as I had said before, it is done for the most part, but I have been getting a whole mess of late orders to sort through, so I've had to take a few steps back. I'm getting bits and pieces done here and there, so don't be surprised if it's up tomorrow night, or the day after. (I've been pulling extra shifts during the day!)

Absolutely no more additions, orders, or what have you will be accepted past this point. Any diplomacy going on with NPCs, is understood to be over, at least until after the update.

Can I take the Loughguilli after this update?

Of course, I'd be happy to have you hop in.

Updates done, the map and a few stat things aren't. They were, but.. computer stuff happened. Hopefully I'll be all done after work tomorrow.

How's it going TLK?

Sorry fellas, Spring-break caught up with me. I'm inching ever so much closer to being done. Tomorrow is the first day I have off with nothing planned, for what it's worth.

I am lost at the incredible amount of diplomacy that has happened in here. .. . . I lost my mind after the 10th page ... here is what i have no far :

Diplomatic Structure :
Immaculate : Tog
Tamayames : Surrender : Rejected . CB ? > 8 gold >
Muka : Surrender : Rejected

Arrow Gamer : Therasia :
Torantaro : Trade
Northern Trade League :
Oer - Mutual Defense Pact - Decline, other things trouble them
Werrigan - Mutual Defense Pact - Decline, other things trouble them
Feritex -Mutual Defense Pact -
Moriala- Mutual Defense Pact - Decline
Agravi - Mutual Defense Pact - Messanger Killed . CB?

Nailix : Serdio
Vorvesusk - Ally > Trade & NAP - Alley:ok; Trade- ok
The Arinian Confederation - Trade ? - ok

F_N Konrell
Misthali - Equitable distribution of the oceans bounty

Lord H : Misthali -
Konrell - (SETC)
Remda (SETC) - Trade ? No (No control over own markets)
Muka (SETC) - Trade? - NO
Tog (SETC) - Dipomat Killed . CB ?
Tamayame (SETC) - NO to trading blocks; yes to trade.
Karika (SETC) - Trade ? - NO

ZeletdUDE : sErdio
Voresuski Empire - open trade

JKS : Sismonids
Lyre - Protect from Termidorians - ok
Makkat - Trade, Status Quo Rejected

GK : termi Dor
Sismonids - Pull out troops - CB ? - Treats -- war ?!?
Tlleya - Allaince vs Sismonids, Dorishor - ok

210-220 ST

Link to video.

On the Matters of Peace and Civility

The Serpentin Sea, and the Areas Around it

Spoiler Names :

A quick coup in the Kingdom of Voeglencaria led to the death of the royal family, and the ascension of general Sion to the throne.

the Konrell have began work on a large coastal temple to honor the Mother Land, which has began to double as essentially a light-house for incoming Konrell ships. The top of the temple is a large, continuously burning bonfire, with a smoke trail that is supposedly viewable from miles away. A similar building project, the Temple of Father Sea, has also started being built in Kontel. It is a barge like ship, built with the purpose of sailing among the various Konrell islands to go to Sea worshipers directly. The ship was built with a well through the middle of it, allowing for worshipers to cast their offerings directly into the sea, and seemingly into the bowels of the ship. This has created some understandable design issues, but with construction on-going, hopefully the designers can rectify it. (+15 Konrell Culture Points)

Roads began being constructed between the capitals of the Osmos and Befrusan people were completed in a timely manner.

Celebrations of triumph erupted through Cavharia, as reports of the grand victory from Gyril made their way back to Chathorn. Victorious soldiers slowly returned home from the campaigning in what had been the Gyrilean League. A fair number of them quickly turned right back the way they came, with their family in tow, as proper Cavharian settlement of the previously "uncivilized" region began almost as quickly as Gyril fell.

Cavharian farmers expanded the frontier northwards, along the Cavath River, managing to grow substantial quantities of wheat. (+Grain)

The city of Waipio was filled with excitement, as news of the Tamayaman government's intention to build a Great Library made clear. Through alloted funds, prominent Tamayaman scholars set off searching far and wide for answers to all of lifes questions. What they did manage to find varied from helpful, to strange. Tamayaman scholars hope that these world-wide searches will continue for the foreseeable future, perhaps in a way to satisfy their growing wanderlust.

The Islands of the Dorian Seas, and the Coast of the Velis Sea

Spoiler Names :

The Vorvesusk have begun constructing a Temple of Stik, in their capital of Kalaell'u. The temple is to be dedicated to their Sun God, Stik, and will surely inspire religious fervor among any zealous Vorvesuski. (+3 Culture Points)

The Sismondi have attempted to find deposits of valuable minerals in the mountains near Adeos, but have been unlucky in their search. Regardless, they took the opportunity to continue building their growing road-system, a system second to only the growing Arinian Royal Road.

The Serdions have continued their work on the Great Temple of the Stars. (+5 Serdion Culture Points)

The Academy of Philosophers has managed to figure out a way to more properly make and ferment wine on the mainland possessions of the Termidorians. Vinyards have began being grown, though the proximity of the location to the Ifbanini border has led to some "horticultural" theft on their behalf, angering many local Termidorian farmers. (+Wines)

The Arinians sent expeditions up north, along the Istall River, in the hopes of finding some peoples willing to trade. What they ended up finding was the extent through which the local mountain ranges spread. The Arinian explorers barely made it past the Istall frontier, and found only decentralized tribes of nomads, people hardly worth much in terms of trade.

The Royal Road, which started construction in the Arinian Confederation last year, and made it as far as Leubana, was picked up again, this time heading from the port-city to the capital of the other Arinian client state, Rasccatal.

Terrible flooding along the destroyed large portions of the Thaksinite capital city, Raklew.

The Peninsula Connecting Two Worlds

Spoiler Names :

Despite some misgivings with the darker-skinned southerners (see Matters of the Sword), the Tarontarons became quite the active traders this year, sailing across the sea in small groups, carrying their renown olives and pistachios. They have found willing trading partners in both the lighter-skinned Moralians in the north, and the Zansiran to the south.

A large harbor began construction in the Fox capital of Alquina.

Sara's Watch continues construction, and is becoming more impressive by the year. (+5 Tarontaro Culture Points)

The Acritians began experiencing some religious unrest, and missionaries from the Fox territories began attempting to spread the Word of the Nine. As more and more Acritians begin to convert, many officials are noticing how quickly the old Gods are falling out of favor.

Warlords from Eissajaw declared their regency over the Hatchefites in a surprising move. Chieften Vecerubrock personally saw to the disembowlment of the Hatchefite Royals, and declared himself the new King. He has attempted to reach out to the Vjecsi who have been hesitant to reciprocate. (see Events of the Sword)

On the Matters of the Sword, and Spear.

The Serpentin Sea, and the Areas Around it

The struggle between the war-like Cavharians and the Gyrilean league ended without the fanfare it started with. During the fight in the previous decade, a sizable portion of the male Gyrilean population perished through the fighting and attrition that the Cavharian military brought with it. The casualties were not solely restricted to the lose warbands the Gyrilean sent to protect their homes; many civilians were massacred or sold into slavery by the conquering army. By the time the main survivors of the Gyrilean "army" managed to board themselves up into the port of Gyril most of the nation lay in ruins. Deep-seated determination on behalf of the Cavharians allowed for a steady seige to exact a toll on the populace. Save for the ocassional Misthalin tradeship making it into the port, the Gyrilean slowly starved, and Gyrilean traitors soon made themselves to be a present menace to the Gyrilean leadership, attempting to hold off the Cavaharian onslaught. The Cavharians began brutally slaughtering civillians outside of the capital, in plain view of the onlooking Gyrilean defenders.

Whether it was starvation, or the psychological effects of the brutal slaughter occuring just outside of their safe haven, a group of Gyrilean traitors allowed a small column of Cavharian spearmen inside the city at night, where they went on a free-for-all in the city, raping, looting and killing with reckless abandon. Those that survived the initial attack eventually fell to the entire might of the Cavharian military, which managed to take advantage of the chaos it's forward column caused, and promptly moved in to take the city. The remaining Gyrileans were by and large sold into slavery. (-3 Cavharian Spearmen, +20 Cavharian Culture Points)

After their last attempted foray down into the tropical regions of Javsiee, the Tamayame struck gold, quite literally, when a contingent of Tamayame spearmen managed to ward off several attacks, and establish a coastal settlement where expansion inland could be made possible. Tamayaman expansion towards the large gold deposits further into the jungled regions wasn't just a result of Tamayaman military prowess, but also a product of Javsiee inability to organize any effecient assaults on the Tamayan powerbase. Tamayaman traders managed to sway a few warbands over to their side, protecting their supply routes into the jungle, and Tamayaman spearmen presided over both the growth of the mine, and the build up the coastal settlement. (+Gold, +4 Javsiee Warbands)

The barbaric Tog care little for the pathetic cities spread across the Serpentin. Without much cause, or reason, they set their eyes from the vanquished Muka, across the sea towards the Misthalin city-state of Remda, long regarded as being on the fringe of the known world. Like a nightmarish apparition, the Tog fleet appeared on the Remdan horizon, skin-made standards waving high in the air. The Remdan fleet sallied forth, and attempted to meet the vicious Tog outside of the port; Remdan Marines peppered the Tog with their arrows and slingshots with impunity, at least for a short-while. The Tog, not dismayed, kept their distance from the smaller Remdan fleet, and managed to use it's numbers to completely surround the Remdan fleet, which failed to break through the Tog lines. Tog warriors attempted to board a few of the Remdan galleys, but failed to outfight the Remdan marines. Not wishing to take more losses, the Tog fleet settled for burning the Remdan fleet while it was trapped, or, in a few cases, ramming wayward ships. Misthalin ships, watching from port managed to set sail back towards the home islands, with the sights of the burning fleet behind them.

The Tog didn't wait long to come down upon the small island with the full brunt of their spearmen. The Remdan Marines that weren't sent out with the destroyed fleet attempted to rally the peasantry into some sort of stand, but were ineffective. Surprisingly, the only help that the Remdan defenders seemed to get was from some of the conscripted Mukan spear units that the Tog had forced into battle. In an act of defiance, several hundred managed to slip through the Tog lines and join the Remdan, though were ultimately slaughtered mercilessly.

Mayham soon ensued as Tog warriors, instructed to convert those Remdans willing, failed to communicate properly with a majority of the newly conquered inhabitants. The streets quite literally ran red with blood, as thousands of Remdan citizens were sacrificed to Lytsu, on make-shift ceremonial slabs constructed usually from the remains of destroyed Remdan temples. Half decopmosed bodies, and limbs covered the streets, as those Remdans "lucky" enough to not be killed in the initial slaughter attempted to disperse into the countryside, far from the remains of the old Remdan capital. A Tog governor was quickly put in place, to return some sense of "normalcy" to the island, though he came to find that there weren't many Remdans left to rule.

Remda's closest ally, Misthali quickly dispatched a relief expedition to the island, and came upon the remains of the once flourishing kingdom. The Misthalin, expecting their to be some semblance of a Remdan state left to help out, were shocked at the scale of the Tog massacre. The Misthalin fleet, accompanied by a good number of merchant marine managed to destroy a few Tog vessels before deciding the best course of action would be a return home, with a clear numerical inferiority to the Tog fleet. The Misthali government managed to get direct support from the Konrell and more tacit support from the Tamayame, who struck at the Tog main island after a particularly bad hurricane. The bulk of the Tog fleet was luckily elsewhere when the storm made landfall, so the victory for the Tamayame was minor at best, but cut off the Tog from their western fishing spots, and managed to draw Tog attention back west.

(-6 Tog Dhow, -3 Tog War Galleys, -4 Tog Serpentin Galleys, -1 Tog Longship, +2 Tog Misthalin Galleys, -12 Tog Spearmen, -Remda, -2 Misthalin Serpentin Longships, -2 Misthalin Galleys, -1 Misthalin Merchant Marine, -1 Tamayame Double-Hulled Canoe, -1 Tamayame Serpentin Galley)

The Islands of the Dorian Seas, and the Coast of the Velis Sea

Harsh words, tensions and a large amount of suspicion lead to a Termi Dorian-lead invasion of Tyre, in coordination with their Tlleyan allies. The Termi Dorian navy, supplemented by a large number of ships from Tlleya smashed the smaller Lyrian fleet, without much issue.

The Termi Dorians followed up their success by taking several small villages on the Lyrian coast, using them as a base to mount raids on the area around Lyre itself. The Lyrians, in turn, were completely despondent to their situation. The task of defending their capital was undercut by losses at the hand of the Termi Dorian invasion force. The Termi Dorians positioned themselves to challenge the Lyrians on the coastal plain outside of their capital. After some ineffectual skirmishing, the Tlleyan right flank of the Termi Dorian invading force swept the small Lyrian defense force away from the capital, allowing for Termi Dorian cavalry to strike from the rear, securing the city for the Termi Dorians. The mercenary armies went wild, sacking most of the city, and leaving all but the outskirts as smoldering rubble. Their success was short-lived, however, as news of a Sismondi invasion of the eastern part of the island began making waves through the combined army. Lyrian pickets and volunteers joined up with the Sismondi citizen-spearmen and began attempting to regain control of the island. Back-and-forth fighting kept both sides on their toes, but by the end of the decade, the Termidorians proudly held the lion's share of the island.

The Sismondi fleet, notably, had attempted to position itself in such a way to knock out Termidorian resupply shipments, but fell to the much larger Termidorian and Tlleyan fleet. The Sismondi retreated, to keep their own supply lines open, and have benefited from having their capital port so close to the action on the island, and the Termidorian unwillingness to further pursue, with the Dorishor navy threatening the rear.

(-7 Termidorian Mercenary Warbands, -4 Termidorian Galleys, -4 Sismondi Spearmen, -10 Sismondi Galleys, -4 Lyrian Mercenary Warbands, -3 Lyrian Termidorian Galleys, -2 Tlleyan Mercenary Warbands, -2 Tlleyan Termidorian Galleys)

The might of Arinian arms echoed through the uncivilized Wotk lands. The invasion was a brutal affair, punctuated by acts of extreme barbarity on both sides. The Wotk warbands, unwilling to simply allow for the Arinian crown to move into their ancestral homelands, have put up pitched resistance, using their knowledge of local terrain against the Arinians. Luckily enough, the Arinians screened a majority of their advances with their skirmishers, setting off many Wotk traps, before damage to the main Arinian army could be done. Villages were pillaged with impunity, upon Arinian conquest, with a few surrendering in the hopes of being received with open arms by the Arinian invaders. They did reciprocate the "good will", and a few thousand escaped the fate of that many of their countrymen suffered. (-5 Arinian Skirmishers, -3 Arinian Swordsmen, -2 Arinian Istall Mercenary Horsemen)

The Peninsula Connecting Two Worlds

The Oerians have given little quarter to the Therasians they quite handily beat. The Oerian warriors continued to stream over the border, into Therasian territory, before the entire monarchy collapsed, and old tribal tensions surfaced in the military pecking order. The Therasians, acting quickly swept in, and captured the capital Venik without much of a struggle. The Therasian state has, for all intents and purposes, ceased to exist. (-3 Oerian Spearmen)

The rebelling clans of the Tarontaro must be punished. Will be punished. That was the word on the lips of every proud Tarontaron when news of their insolence reached the Confederate capital in Yaskry. An army was dispatched almost immediately to deal with the traitors. The towns of Dolfyr and Swort were besieged within the third cycle of the moon, a resounding message to any of those who dare stand against the Confederation. The armies moved swiftly enough that the only resistance to Tarontaron arms came from a vicious assortment of rebellious spear pickets. They managed to put a dent into the Tarontaron initial invasion force (cohesion after the creation of the Confederation has become a problem, to say the least), the towns fell not long after the start of the seige. The chieftains of the two clans committed suicide, in the wake of their defeat, and were found dead before the Tarontaron soldiers could get a hold of them. In an effort to heal the wound quickly, the clans were offered back their status as "Great Clans", in return for their future loyalty. The new clan leadership accepted for noth towns. (-3 Tarontaron Spearmen, +20 Culture Points)

War between the Hatchefites and Vjecsi intensified this year. Large armies of Vjecsian spearmen marched to the north and south of the Hatchefite domain, with the Vjecsian cavalry puncturing through the middle. And working concurrently with their advance, was that of the Eissajaw barbarian's assault on the western Hatchefite holdings. Assault by opposite sides, the Hatchefite did manage to put up a noble defense against the invader, but an organized trap organized by a quick-thinking Vjecsi commander managed to destroy a large portion of the Hatchefite army. That defeat seemed to have marked and end to the Hatchefites ability to effectively resist the oncoming Vjecsi forces, and a few small seiges later, the Vjecsi seemed poise to take the capital city of Hatch.

That was, until news of the Eissajaw breakthrough and sack of the city made it to Vjecsi lines. The Eissajaw captured the city with relative ease (after all, the Vjecsi bore the brunt of the attack!) and managed to drink themselves silly, raping the Hatchefite women, and disecrating the holy temples throughout the city. Their strength preserved from allowing the Vjecsi to bare the brunt of the fighting, allowed for them to puff their chest, and almost dare the Vjecsi to pry Hatch from them. The Vjecsi, while proud, did not take the bait, and chose to instead rest on the victory they had managed to get, and regroup. (-6 Vjecsi Spearmen, -2 Vjecsi Horsemen, +10 banked Vjecsi Gold, +20 Vjecsi culture points)

Tarontaron ships have began to be feared for the first time, after raiding several settlements along the Southern Coast of the sea, following what they claimed were trade disputes that were irreconcilable. The only thing that is certain is that a large number of slaves and treasure were taken from the sacked villages. (+5 banked Gold, +5 Culture Points)

Good Tidings!

The Tog have been up to something gruesome. (+30 culture points)

The Tog have also seen a period of extended growth on it's main island. A city has risen.

Oh how quickly a trading post can turn into a city! The Tamayame know first hand.

A city has grown in northern Cavharia, due in large part to the fertile fields in the region.

A city has appeared in Ut territories. Or something fishy like that.

In order to properly trade wine from it's new vineyards, the Termidorians have built a port, which has in turn, become a city.

Trade through the straits has allowed for a village in the northern Fox territories to turn into a city.

Tales Around the Market Place

The Market in Osmi, Osmos

"Thousands of them, on horses, some of those horses being horned and as tall as a building!"

"Tavros, if you spent as much time bartering as you do spreading tales, you'd be the richest man in Osmi."

"You, Kankri, did not go further than the northern frontier. My trading partners and I followed the river much further up. We met those barbarians, and that is where I got all those spices."

"Or, you headed towards one of the Ut trading posts. The Ut always come across strange things like that."

"Believe as you wish, but I am heading back upriver, this time going even further. You are welcome to join me, and partake in the riches that will surely come from my journeys."

Kankri laughed. "Tavros, old friend, while I would love to accompany on one of your way-ward journeys, I don't think Spinaret would appreciate her husband being gone for as many cycles as you were."

Messages From Elsewhere

To: The Tog

Your attacks on Remda are unwarranted, as is your aggression across the Serpentin. Cease, lest we get involved.

Spoiler Cradle 1 :

Spoiler Cities and Climate :

Spoiler Political :

Spoiler Resources :

Spoiler Cradle 2 :

Spoiler Political :

Spoiler Resources :

Spoiler Cradle 3 :

Spoiler Political :

Spoiler Resources :

OOC:

@Everyone: Apologies for the late update. :'( Stats are being worked on, as are personal exploration maps. Next deadline will be determined after the stats are finished.

Just as a warning, everyone's money will be a bit different than what it its now, with the implementation of the new stat-sheets Bird and Immac have helped me with.

If you fought in a war or conflict, you're getting 5 culture points. If you won a war, you're getting 15 culture points.

I also intend on lowering the costs of UUs and things like that, I'll let you all know when that's decided.

It was trippy is all.

Letters arrive from the southern islands bearing the seal of the royal house of Tog.

From Prince Thaksin of the Tog, Who’s Titles Are Yet to be Named,
To the Tamayame

Yesterday I cast adrift the funeral barge of my mother, the late queen Queen Ratree the Second of that Name, Guardian of the Eastern and Western Tog, Servant of the Six Prophets, Sword of Lytsu. Her reign was one of piety and blood.

I am not my mother. Lord Lytsu has had enough blood spilled in his name to last several generations. While Remda bled, I commanded the dhow, “Floating Lotus”, and when we were sunk by the Misthali, I swam in high waves from one horizon to another, guided by the sounds of slaughter and the iron of Remda blood upon the air. When I neared the island the seas were pink and frothing from all the blood spilled in Lytsu’s name. I pulled myself to shore and when I did, I realized I would not be my mother when I took the crown.

And now the queen is dead and I am king and I must decide how I will lead the Tog. Will I serve only the will of the priests and seek to spill blood? Or will I look beyond our borders and consider what our violence and bloodthirst will lead us to?

I could pretend outrage and anger at your attack upon our borders but I know by what forces you were moved and I know that you are not warriors and conquerors at heart. And i can even say I too would have taken similar action. I can only thank Lytsu for the great wind that stopped further violence between our people.

The Tog must turn from their bloodthirst or they will drown under their own blood. I will not follow my mother. My tittles shall be, ‘the peace-maker’ and ‘the diviner’, not the blood seeker or the sword of anything.

As the Tog turn from the blade and the pike, let us turn from violence towards cooperation.

You have done ill by us- stolen the livlihoods of our western fishermen and sunk our ships. But we have done ill by you also- have demanded tribute and treated you as chattel to be herded here and there.

Let us forget the ill we have done each other. Let us begin a new era- one of peace and cooperation.

Recall your navies- return the fishing rights you have seized, forgive us our demands of tribute as we forgive you your aggression. And let us bring peace to the seas between us.

From Prince Thaksin of the Tog, Who’s Titles Are Yet to be Named,
To Queen Irlanki of the Misthali

Yesterday I cast adrift the funeral barge of my mother, the late queen Queen Ratree the Second of that Name, Guardian of the Eastern and Western Tog, Servant of the Six Prophets, Sword of Lytsu. Her reign was one of piety and blood.

I am not my mother. Lord Lytsu has had enough blood spilled in his name to last several generations. While Remda bled, I commanded the dhow, “Floating Lotus”, and when we were sunk by the your ships, I swam in high waves from one horizon to another, guided by the sounds of slaughter and the iron of Remda blood upon the air. When I neared the island the seas were pink and frothing from all the blood spilled in Lytsu’s name. I pulled myself to shore and when I did, I realized I would not be my mother when I took the crown.

And now the queen is dead and I am king and I must decide how I will lead the Tog. Will I serve only the will of the priests and seek to spill blood? Or will I look beyond our borders and consider what our violence and bloodthirst will lead us to.

You are not warriors at heart but merchants. And I am weary of blood. I would turn from the bloody past of the Tog and lead us on a new path.

Let peace return to the Sea of Serpentin; recall your navies as we will recall ours. Return to your quest for wealth and command of the trading lanes upon the seas.

Lytsu must surely have drank enough blood to last us several generations; now we shall reap his blessing during peace-time and see our people prosper, perhaps alongside yours.

Lastly, though it goes against the way of the Tog, should you seek peace with us, you may even find the first of our merchant ships at your great harbor- a sign of a new future upon the Serpentin sea.

Excellent update TLK! Man, things are heating up. :p

To: Sismondis

Your armies are defeated, your fleets ravaged and sunken. Your soldiers stand shivering on the one piece of miserable cliff you have left on Lyre. Withdraw from Lyre now, and we will be merciful.

Swallow your pride and leave, for we will not offer again!

Top Bottom