C2C - Space Terrain

If it was done I would vote for say v30. Where we took all the thing that would break saves and just do them at the release of v30.

I'd vote to do it at the same time Multi-Maps stuff and GeoRealism get added. If by some miracle we can do all of that in the next development cycle then I think breaking saves there would be a good transition to the next phase of C2C.

That might be a bit ambitious to expect us to have the multi-map structure setup by then... We do still have a lot to do there, in fact, to the point that once we cross over and actually start having them and generating them and using them in the game, a few good MONTHS to a YEAR will be necessary to address the AI issues that will come with it so that its all functionally playable. So perhaps when we take that step, a very LONG cycle will be necessary to swallow the mammoth project it really represents (and that's not even to getting it to a stage of perfection, just to the point of being able to play it properly!)

That might be a bit ambitious to expect us to have the multi-map structure setup by then... We do still have a lot to do there, in fact, to the point that once we cross over and actually start having them and generating them and using them in the game, a few good MONTHS to a YEAR will be necessary to address the AI issues that will come with it so that its all functionally playable. So perhaps when we take that step, a very LONG cycle will be necessary to swallow the mammoth project it really represents (and that's not even to getting it to a stage of perfection, just to the point of being able to play it properly!)

If we focus on multiple maps for now, and put the combat mod and your other projects down for a little while it would come faster. For instance, Koshling set that the main barrier to him working on multiple naps now was the fact that there wasn't any UI for it. If you or DH worked on that after V28, then I suspect Koshling maybe willing to come and work on that. I also know that AIAndy is expecting to be back next month, so that we can get map generation done along with the new map project, which is also probably going to come in the next cycle. So having at least the base in by V30 sounds doable.

@ls612

That sounds great! No offense to TBs projects but I think its been established that the muti-maps are the highest priority. Without them we don't have the "Cosmos" part of Caveman to Cosmos. Plus we can always go back to the Traits and Combat mod after multi-maps are put in.

If I can help in any way let me know. Most of it seems way beyond my skills.

On a side note v30 seems like an awesome goal in its numerical symbolism.

Well... I've been planning to set aside further Traits projects after this next release and let SGTSlick play around with it for a bit on his own (with some feedback of course) and see if he can come up with a traits structure that works for all of us, since it is his job on the team n'all.

And I've got a few small things that should be immediately addressed RE the combat mod. While I've been wanting to do much more than those few small things and start really getting all the coding complete, I don't mind setting it down for the next cycle.

I can certainly help with the design of the unit missions to allow for transport between maps - that's not a problem... with the one exception of not being sure how we're referring to the other map types in code so if Koshling can go over how those references are supposed to be called I'd be quite capable of designing the methods of travel between maps. (Look forward to it actually :D)

And that would be sufficient cause to keep the combat mod on the near burner rather than the immediate one.

However, I'm not sure if all that can even be worked on until we have a map generation system in place and that's something I really would be kinda lost trying to sort out at the moment.

But I also warn that without the AI, that whole structure will only serve a player. THAT level of complexity in AI design is Koshling's true specialty so without him being onboard for that side of things, we're just going to end up putting lipstick on a pig.

@Dancing Hoskuld

Here are 2 new improvements that bridge Earth, Lunar and Martian maps. Note this is for after the freeze.

-----

Greenhouse
Graphic: Use Greenhouse from "Planetfall" mod.
Req Tech: Hydroponics
Can be Built By: Modern Worker, Clone, Android or Space Worker

• Can Only Be Built on Flatlands
  • Can Only Be Built on ANY land terrains, even Lunar and Martian.
  • Doesn't require Irrigation like Farms
  • Cannot Be Built Outside Cultural Borders
  • Pillage Yields 16 :gold: on Average
  • +5% Air Defense
  • +5 :food:
  • +1 :food: with Gene Manipulation tech
  • +1 :food: with Artificial Evolution tech
  • +1 :commerce: with Derivatives tech
  • +1 :commerce: with Biomaterials tech
  • +1 :commerce: with Vertical Farming tech
  • +1 :commerce: with Extraterrestrial Agriculture tech
  • +1 :food: with Slavery civic
  • +1 :food: with Caste civic
  • +1 :food: with Feudal civic
  • +1 :food: with Subsistence civic
  • +1 :commerce: with Proletariat civic
  • +1 :commerce: with Feudal civic
  • +1 :commerce: with Free Market civic

Notes: This is basically the only type of "Farm" you can build on Lunar or Martian Terrain until the Farmscraper or you Terraform the terrain. This is made to be less than a farm, but better than nothing when on the Moon or Mars. If at max this produces around 5 less food than a normal farm.

-----

Farmscraper
Graphic: Use Condenser from "Planetfall" mod.
Req Tech: Vertical Farming
Can be Built By: Android or Space Worker

• Can Only Be Built on Flatlands
  • Can Only Be Built on ANY land terrains, even Lunar and Martian.
  • Doesn't require Irrigation like Farms
  • Cannot Be Built Outside Cultural Borders
  • Pillage Yields 32 :gold: on Average
  • +5% Air Defense
  • +30 :food:
  • +5 :commerce:
  • +1 :food: with Artificial Evolution tech
  • +1 :commerce: with Extraterrestrial Agriculture tech
  • +1 :food: with Slavery civic
  • +1 :food: with Caste civic
  • +1 :food: with Feudal civic
  • +1 :food: with Subsistence civic
  • +1 :commerce: with Proletariat civic
  • +1 :commerce: with Feudal civic
  • +1 :commerce: with Free Market civic

Notes: This is best type of farm. I also think that normal farms and the greenhouse should be able to upgrade into this. And I think we already use this graphic on the Farmscraper I, II and III building. So we could reuse the art.

-----

Many thanks in advance! :goodjob:

I can't wait to see those in game :)

But do you really think the "+1 Food from..." makes so much difference on the farm-scraper? I think with so much base food it should be around +5 food per tech/ civic. ALso, Extraterristical Argriculture tech should also give some +5. And the more I think about, why could you even be able to build those farms on other planets without this tech? Does the tech only mean "farm E.T. Plants" or does it mean "farm on other planets"?

I was also thinking of adding a new Mine to the TH era, the Core Mine (available at Core Mining)

Core Mine
Graphic: Use Kathy's Excavation graphics.
Req Tech: Core Mining
Can be Built By: Clone, Android or Space Worker

Can Only Be Built on Hills or Rocky (anywhere normal mines can go)
Can Only Be Built on ANY land terrains, even Lunar and Martian.
Cannot Be Built Outside Cultural Borders
Pillage Yields 36 :gold: on Average
+8 :production:
+3 :commerce:
Gets all of the tech bonuses other mines get.

I could make this myself, as I know DH would rather work on his own stuff. What do you guys think?

Compared to the farmscraper +8 Prod is quite low. I think it might be even lower than a shaft mine with all the techs that gives a bonus. I think it should be +15.

8 production plus all of the earlier tech bonuses for mines. And commerce too. I think that that in total would be balanced.

Ah ok, with those boni it should be fine.
But it might be easier if you would "merge" those boni in the mine. Since it requires a TH tech, you already have to have most of the techs that gives boni to mines. Fot display issus it would be better if you increase the mine's base prod and remove the boni from must-have techs.

Ah ok, with those boni it should be fine.
But it might be easier if you would "merge" those boni in the mine. Since it requires a TH tech, you already have to have most of the techs that gives boni to mines. Fot display issus it would be better if you increase the mine's base prod and remove the boni from must-have techs.

Maybe, but I didn't want to do all of that math for the proposal here.

1. I assume Core Mining would be a new tech. Is that before or after Subterranean Exploration tech?

2. I think the graphic was also used in Planetfall.

3. I like the idea.

1. Sorry, it is Nanomining that I'm thinking of, not Core mining.

Is the farmscraper improvement meant to be bulidable only on Lunar and Martian maps? My game is currently in the TH era. I have the Vertical Farming tech, but I can't get my androids to build farmscrapers.

I've attached my most recent save file in case it helps. I've got an android on a grassland, but I can't find an option to build a farmscraper.

Attachments

• jketch AD-0835-Winter.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 52
Please put this problem on the BUG thread. I am deliberately not reading that thread so that when I get back I will be able to find stuff that needs doing. I have now read this thread so the problem will be forgotten if it isn't on the bug thread.

So I have been thinking about Lunar, Martian and Space colonies. Since the colonies will be cities I was thinking that as cities they can build anything that a normal city can. Which would not always make sense. But then how to limit what is built. Also if you had life support systems and stuff would it matter?

And then there arises a problem if you limiting it somehow would you need to mark every single building? because its one thing to say a space building requires like a lunar command center but its another when you should not have a Dog Breeder or Soccer Field until some infrastructure is in place.

Top Bottom