Patch 1.03.18: Steam achievements doesn't work

I got the achievements for reaching the end of the tech tree, but I didn't get the achievement for winning a technology victory or for winning on a large map, or for winning as ethiopia. What the hell! I worked hard for those!

Just played on a duel, continents map with Polynesia at settler just to get some achievements quickly.

I won the game but didn't get any achievement at all like won at settler, continents and as polynesia.

What went wrong?

Didn't use any mods at all

Thanks

Moderator Action: Merged with the main thread about this issue.

I got the achievements for reaching the end of the tech tree, but I didn't get the achievement for winning a technology victory or for winning on a large map, or for winning as ethiopia. What the hell! I worked hard for those!

My suggestion to all, is make a save the turn before you win (or a bit before of you want to relive the end).
When the fix this bug then reload and you can tick off those hard earned achievements.
My hope is the bug be fixed soon.
I am also hoping they fix the "We are Family" achievement, which I've achieved and time again.
It was bugged for ages then got fixed, then was bugged again (current state, although I haven't tested it with the current patch..... now there's an idea).

JD

A bit of an update.
I have just won as Mongol twice. (1st a CV, then the next turn a DV after nuking the remaining AI capital, bombing/bombarding it and rolling inthe landships).

As expected no Win as Mongol but I checked the achievement log.
The counters for units, temples, wonders etc all working fine.
But the number of wins (48 in my case) hasn't moved.

Nearly my bed time, so won't dig out a we are family save.

cheers
JD

I have tried several different civ's on different VC's with different difficulties, different time modes, and different map sizes. No achievements on any of them.

Even after BNW launch achievements based on winning a game are still bugged. I am still not getting winning on king difficulty achievement and winning with a civ.

We're looking at this now. It looks like games started in BNW will kick victory achievements correctly, but using Gods and Kings or vanilla will not. Keep your saves for now. We'll work on getting this sorted.

We're looking at this now. It looks like games started in BNW will kick victory achievements correctly, but using Gods and Kings or vanilla will not. Keep your saves for now. We'll work on getting this sorted.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I would appreciate it if I could get these achievements, as it took me a while to win on this particular difficulty.

Thanks we appreciate it.
Is We are Family working now or is it still bugged?
JD

Hmm I guess the problem is related to the game not counting wins since the patch.

The only achievement I dont have yet is the one where you need at least 100 victories and Im stuck at 90 since last week, despite winning a couple of regular maps.

I've checked the related line at log file, even deleted it once, and it never updates :cry:

Edit: btw, this is happening with both normal sp games and scenarios, and with old saves and fresh new games.

That should teach you a lesson about regression testing.

It's indeed quite anticlimactic to expect to get three achievements once you win a game but to actually get zero.

I also have not had any achievements recognised since recent patches. I was playing a recent GOTM as Denmark (G&K) and got the Pillage achievement on July 19th. The following day I noted a small Steam upgrade on startup and, completing the same game, did not get expected achievements for Biathlon and Hands Free. I then installed BNW (Steam download), started a brand new BNW game as Denmark and still no Biathlon achievement. I have no mods installed and am logged in to Steam. I attach the most recent BNW Denmark save for reference. I don't have any non-Denmark examples to date.

Attachments

• Harald Bluetooth_0159 AD-1670.Civ5Save
    828.1 KB · Views: 195

Is there any estimate on when a patch to fix this issue will be released?

I finished a save game yesterday and still got no achievements what so ever, despite the fact that I should have achieved several.
Shortly before I finished winning, I also annexed a puppeted city which also should have resulted in an achievement, but alas I got none.
I thought the hotfix was supposed to work with save games ?

Top Bottom