AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

Regarding the CIV4EraInfos.xml

I remember reading this before too, like if you set itrain to 50% for ancient, it'll mean that itrain will remain at 50% for the entire game.

Not really. I've tried and it doesn't work like that, I'm almost 100% sure. Moreover in the dll there's a function that get your current era if I'm not mistaken and hence uses settings for the era you're currently in.

Edit: it could be like that in vanilla civ, but definetly not in AND.

Well its like that in c2c, which is based off AND. As long as your sure.

Well, I haven't tried with iTrainPercent (recently at least), but I'm pretty sure for other variables; and here's why: in Erainfos are stored many variables which are used through different eras, included soundtrack references. Should it be the way platyping has described, you would end up having the same soundtrack for the entire game depending on the era you started (which of course doesn't happen). Other examples are
<bNoAnimals>0</bNoAnimals>
<bNoBarbUnits>0</bNoBarbUnits>
<bNoBarbCities>0</bNoBarbCities>
which control in that specific era you're currently in if animals, barbarians or barbarian city will be created. Of course the fact that they're all set to 0 in ancient era doesn't mean that animals (for example) will be created for the whole lenght of the game. After ancient era <bNoAnimals> is set to 1 and animals aren't created anymore for the rest of the game. So as you can see these variables don't affect the entire game: just the era you're currently in. I thought it was that way in C2C too but I don't play with C2C since months now.

I tested with itrain.
itrain @ 10 ancient
itrain @ 150 classical
On standard speed units were still costing like 3 or 6 hammers after advancing to classical.

I tested again,
itrain @ 150 ancient
itrain @ 1 classical
on standard speed, got the popup welcome to classical or whatever, after researching glass blowing. Still units cost the same. So archer was like 45 hammers from memory, when it should of gone down, way down.. I even ran a few turns to make sure.

So as I suspected CIV4EraInfos.xml does not work the way you think it does. Its more for advanced starts, where you begin in certain eras and thus things can be cheaper to compensate or whatever.

But lowering itrain and igrowth etc because you want it faster in ancient will mean all eras will retain those settings.
So having itrain @ 15 in ancient, then 45 in classical will mean games starting in ancient will always be @ itrain 15. Its only games starting in classical that get the 45.

Barbs are one of the only exceptions.

I tested with itrain.
itrain @ 10 ancient
itrain @ 150 classical
On standard speed units were still costing like 3 or 6 hammers after advancing to classical.

I tested again,
itrain @ 150 ancient
itrain @ 1 classical
on standard speed, got the popup welcome to classical or whatever, after researching glass blowing. Still units cost the same. So archer was like 45 hammers from memory, when it should of gone down, way down.. I even ran a few turns to make sure.

So as I suspected CIV4EraInfos.xml does not work the way you think it does. Its more for advanced starts, where you begin in certain eras and thus things can be cheaper to compensate or whatever.

But lowering itrain and igrowth etc because you want it faster in ancient will mean all eras will retain those settings.
So having itrain @ 15 in ancient, then 45 in classical will mean games starting in ancient will always be @ itrain 15. Its only games starting in classical that get the 45.

Barbs are one of the only exceptions.

Mmmm... I've tried myself and I think you're right. I've also checked the dll code to make sure and the same goes for iConstruct. The only time in the code were itrain or iconstruct are checked in relation to Erainfos.xml is tied with the starting era (for example in iProductionNeeded *= GC.getEraInfo(GC.getGameINLINE().getStartEra()).getConstructPercent(); ). I'll do some more test to see these parameters don't affect other parts of the game, but they shouldn't. Thank you for trying this sgtslick. :)

I've been noticing a weird bug... not sure if reported or not (or if it's just me and I should try a reinstall).

When in a normal turn, if I have any units that have moves waiting, when I open up the city manager screen (the one with all the cities) and am trying to change production from there, it "ignores" that the city screen is open and instead, at the bottom, shows me move options for my troops.

Anyone else experiencing that? Hadn't happened before the latest import from C2C.
Thanks!

I've been noticing a weird bug... not sure if reported or not (or if it's just me and I should try a reinstall).

When in a normal turn, if I have any units that have moves waiting, when I open up the city manager screen (the one with all the cities) and am trying to change production from there, it "ignores" that the city screen is open and instead, at the bottom, shows me move options for my troops.

Anyone else experiencing that? Hadn't happened before the latest import from C2C.
Thanks!

Yeah i've noticed this, i thought it was always like this. I think its like this in c2c too. Basically just gotta move units first. Not sure its a 'bug' per say, more an inconvenience ;)

I'll think you'll find there's a bug with City growth, well at Eternity speeds anyway.

I was in the civics of;

Despotism - Government
Junta - Power
Tribal - Society
Slavery - Economy
Banditry - Military
Folklore - Religion
Charity - Welfare

With these civics, I had city growth for the first 2 population points of over 1K in food. Ok, its an eternity speed game, its scaled for growth.

I've struck the bug again, well, not so much struck, but found out what triggers it.

Pre Mathematics, on Eternity speeds, you have 1K food levels to increase the population levels. As soon as you research Mathematics, it immediately drops down to 30% of that previous levels.

I always wondered how the AI's got such large cities early on.Compared to my struggling early on.

So it seems Mathematics is not only for :strength: for Archers, but also for food bin levels.

Yeah i've noticed this, i thought it was always like this. I think its like this in c2c too. Basically just gotta move units first. Not sure its a 'bug' per say, more an inconvenience ;)

Yea. It wasn't like this until recently. If there is a fix for it in C2C, it would be great to implement. Very annoying to have to move all my units before managing production (esp. since it seems to be a new thing).

Yea. It wasn't like this until recently. If there is a fix for it in C2C, it would be great to implement. Very annoying to have to move all my units before managing production (esp. since it seems to be a new thing).

Noted, I'll have a look. Thank you.

I've struck the bug again, well, not so much struck, but found out what triggers it.

Pre Mathematics, on Eternity speeds, you have 1K food levels to increase the population levels. As soon as you research Mathematics, it immediately drops down to 30% of that previous levels.

I always wondered how the AI's got such large cities early on.Compared to my struggling early on.

So it seems Mathematics is not only for :strength: for Archers, but also for food bin levels.

Mathematics shouldn't have anything to do with food, but I'll have a look. Anyway depending on your difficulty leve, AI WILL develop its cities faster because less food is required for AI than for you.

Hi,
I'm not sure whether this is a bug; it seems that way to me. I'm playing as Qin of China; he has the Protective trait. However, my archers are built with no promotions at all. I have the technology required to get the Drill I promotion, and City Garrison (CG) doesn't require any tech' (I think), so I expected that my archery units would get Drill I and CG from the trait. But no.

Is this a bug? Without these promotions, Protective becomes even more lousy than it normally is. IMO :)

I'm using version 657 (I think; updated my repo' just two days ago).

Cheers,
A.

Hi,
I'm not sure whether this is a bug; it seems that way to me. I'm playing as Qin of China; he has the Protective trait. However, my archers are built with no promotions at all. I have the technology required to get the Drill I promotion, and City Garrison (CG) doesn't require any tech' (I think), so I expected that my archery units would get Drill I and CG from the trait. But no.

Is this a bug? Without these promotions, Protective becomes even more lousy than it normally is. IMO :)

I'm using version 657 (I think; updated my repo' just two days ago).

Cheers,
A.

Nice find, it looks like traits aren't working for any other leader too. I probably messed up something in the dll trying to avoid importing Traits from TB modification in C2C. I'll have a look.

Iirc, if ALL the C2C Trait options are turned OFF, then you will have the Normal BtS trait system.

Sgtslick should be able to confirm this as he started the whole ball of C2C wax over Traits.

JosEPh

Iirc, if ALL the C2C Trait options are turned OFF, then you will have the Normal BtS trait system.

Sgtslick should be able to confirm this as he started the whole ball of C2C wax over Traits.

JosEPh

True, but there's no option for traits in AND; I haven't imported them. I've pinpointed the pre-release revision that caused the problem; it's a rev I didn't release between rev653 and rev654. This bug can be in 20 files I've modified inside the dll in that specific revision; problem is that I've changed a lot of things in that pre-release. I'll need some days I fear (and I could be away some days before next weekend, I'm on holiday and getting back to work on monday). :)

Edit: actually on a second try it looks like the problem is not about traits. Most of traits are working fine; looks like the problem is promotions and traits which grant free promotions (both aggressive than defensive). It should make it easier to fix, or at least I hope so.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12702137 said:
Edit: actually on a second try it looks like the problem is not about traits. Most of traits are working fine; looks like the problem is promotions and traits which grant free promotions (both aggressive than defensive). It should make it easier to fix, or at least I hope so.

Hi,

after your first response I was going to check whether Qin was getting the wonder-building bonus; I haven't had a chance yet, but I'll check and confirm that it's as you have now clarified, such that it's just the free promotions that aren't working...

Cheers,
and nice work, by the way!
A.

EDIT: yep, I, Qin, have +50% for building wonders.

Hi,

after your first response I was going to check whether Qin was getting the wonder-building bonus; I haven't had a chance yet, but I'll check and confirm that it's as you have now clarified, such that it's just the free promotions that aren't working...

Cheers,
and nice work, by the way!
A.

I've tried with leaders which grant health, commerce, happiness and they work as expected. But I think I've solved the problem, I've found some lines in the code which were using Thundebrd promotions system (which isn't implemented in AND) and that I mistakenly copied above the original AND code; I'm testing the fix right now and it looks like it's working; I will upload it in the next revision which should fix some other problems as well. :)

Trying not to get antsy or pushy, but a revised updated SVN would make me happy. :D

JosEPh ;)

Trying not to get antsy or pushy, but a revised updated SVN would make me happy.

Oh, and while your at it, maybe the mod straight out of beta. That would be awesome as well ;)

All joking aside, just want to thank 45 (and anyone else) for all your hard work. This mod makes Civ IV feel like Civ VI. I have always been a game content over graphics type of guy. So to me, Civ V is as bad as Civ III.

Oh, and while your at it, maybe the mod straight out of beta. That would be awesome as well ;)

All joking aside, just want to thank 45 (and anyone else) for all your hard work. This mod makes Civ IV feel like Civ VI. I have always been a game content over graphics type of guy. So to me, Civ V is as bad as Civ III.

The SVN versions are both Beta and then New versions too. It's a pattern used by several mods now that makes updating so much easier after the player adds the SVN to their comp.

OT: Macomb's College Rush has started! :crazyeye: :eek::lol:

JosEPh;)

Top Bottom