Platy's Peculiar Pleasant Posh Python

Did some experiments, found a way to let our air units join in the fun.

1) Air Battles and Interceptions will now join in the fun. Withdrawals are still out.

2) As a result, more choices added:
A) Defeating Air Units => Interception
B) Battles fought >= 4 range apart => Air Range
C) Killing Invisible Units => Visibility

3) Rules Changes:
A) Offensive Promotions like City Attack, Feature Attack, Amphib only obtainable when winner is attacking.
B) Vice Versa for Defensive Promotions

4) Removed Blitz, pretty OP promotion. Earn it yourself.

I had a question going back to settlers and the whole 'extra buildings' idea.

Now you've said it can be buggy, I was wondering if it would be possible to shift the extra building bonuses to a promotion or promotions, that could then be applied to a settler through a free promo, generated by either a building or a new settler with the free promo...

would this improve the situation for multiple settler types?

So long as it is linked to the unit itself, it is bugged beyond hope.

Space victory is a form of scientific victory

Local Warming

Features:
New Controllable Global Warming System

BTS Global Warming System as we all know, is a nuisance which is uncontrollable by our own actions and is very disruptive, so let's switch it off totally by setting all global defines related to 0.

Local Warming System is based on your own actions + global nuke activity, so it is more controllable.

Code:
self.iNukeChance	= 20	# X out of 1000 Chance Per Nuke Exploded
self.iHealthChance	= 5	# X out of 1000 Chance Per Net Unhealthy
self.iMaxChance	= 750	# X out of 1000 Chance
self.lTerrain1	= ["TERRAIN_SNOW"]
self.lTerrain2	= ["TERRAIN_TUNDRA", "TERRAIN_GRASS"]
self.lTerrain3	= ["TERRAIN_PLAINS"]
self.lTerrain4	= ["TERRAIN_DESERT"]
self.lTerrains	= [self.lTerrain1, self.lTerrain2, self.lTerrain3, self.lTerrain4]
self.bCoast	= False	# Allows Coastal Plots to Sink if it is at Lowest Grade
self.iCoast	= gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_COAST")

Chance to occur based on Total Nukes Exploded + Net Health of the City.
There is a max chance value, so that even for the most unhealthy city, it will not occur every turn.
Thus, for very healthy cities, local warming may not occur at all, while dirty cities will suffer, although nukes will increase chance for every city in the world.

When Warming occurs, Terrain does not drop to desert immediately, but goes top down.
If your mod has many terrains, and you want to group certain terrains at same rank, just add in with ", ".

If self.bCoast is set to True, Coastal Desert can turn to Coast.

Ooh nice. Very similar in concept to what I was planning for HR 1.21. Saves me much effort, thanks! I was also thinking of having sea ice 'melt' and cause coastal land to become ocean - would you be interested in adding that feature?

Ooh nice. Very similar in concept to what I was planning for HR 1.21. Saves me much effort, thanks! I was also thinking of having sea ice 'melt' and cause coastal land to become ocean - would you be interested in adding that feature?

Having coast become land or land become coast can wreak havoc with the game trade mechanism if land masses split or join. Not sure if it just does not work properly or if a split or join takes so long that it looks like it crashes. Koshling has warned us a number of times about it in Caveman2Cosmos.

Allowing desert to become coast should be possible, although I am not sure about dh concerns since I won't be bothered to do intensive testings.

Some concerns will be permanent loss of resources as you don't really want sea cows.
And the need of extra codes to kick units out before sinking the land.

Local Warming Additions:

1) Coastal Deserts can now turn to Coast if self.bCoast is True, Default False
2) Coastal Terrain is set as Default, although for mods with various types of coastal terrain, there are deactivated codes to select appropriate type.
3) When sinking occurs, any resource is gone. Units are kicked to nearest valid plot.
4) I decided to put Tundra and Grass as same grade, so that Tundra goes to Plains directly, rather than becoming more fertile.

Currently, plots with features are excluded from global warming, since BTS system was also like that.
I have not decided whether to adjust it, so I just leave it as it is.
Because there are mods like Natural Wonders with special features, or others with Volcanoes or Caves.
For Global Warming to remove those sound stupid.

@DH
I tested out using my WB with Area ID display.
When coast turn to land or vice versa, Area IDs are all recalculated such that the new merged/split area will have the same ID throughout.
Thus, Wonders such as Notre Dame or Liberty which grants bonus throughout a particular Continent will be adjusted to include/exclude the cities affected.

As such, I don't see why trade will be affected unless you use codes that do not recalculate the areas.

Chance to occur based on Total Nukes Exploded + Net Health of the City.
There is a max chance value, so that even for the most unhealthy city, it will not occur every turn.
Thus, for very healthy cities, local warming may not occur at all, while dirty cities will suffer, although nukes will increase chance for every city in the world.

When Warming occurs, Terrain does not drop to desert immediately, but goes top down.
If your mod has many terrains, and you want to group certain terrains at same rank, just add in with ", ".

If self.bCoast is set to True, Coastal Desert can turn to Coast.

So if i turn OFF nukes completely, will it work with only Health then? (better(below)):p ;)

Indeed.

Of course, if you want to add more factors like Traits or Civics or whatever Buildings etc, DIY.

I only provide base codes, anything special modders DIY

P.S.
Do you seriously have to quote the whole chunk :D

Space victory is a form of scientific victory

I don't want form, i want sci victory, first who research future tech or some another tech is winner. Understand now? I think on this.

Does that sound interesting?
Start in future era and win in 5 turns

My Future Tech costs much more than in BTS, that sound interesting. You can't win in 5 turns, especially no in BTS + i can add more techs and future era that will sound interesting. I am found sci victory in some mod, but i can't remember.

Ontechacquired

If it is the tech
Set as winner.

Why bother to make a mod comp with just 2 lines

Edit: Nevermind, just make it an XML mod component

If you dont want the pedia, then why do you need the pedia files.

If you want to set them as World Wonders, you dont even need python.

Incorporates Tech Tree into Pedia for users to access without going into a game.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 154
Top Bottom