AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I don't know if anyone else experienced but I think the "Culturally linked start" option does not work. I had the feeling in the previous revisions too, but did not care.
I started a new game with Korea and my closest neighbor was Zulu. Egypt and Spain were also close, while the khmerr are on the other edge of the continent.

Could you look after it please?

I think i've fixed my problem with this mod and Nvidia Optimus. So for those who have a laptop with these technology. Here's what i've enabled in-game:
- Graphic paging is ON(you were right 45°, that wasn't the problem)
- I have disabled ingame Anti-aliasing

In my nvidia game profile i have enabled:
- Multiple graphical processor: Unique display performance (this is roughly translated from french)
- FXAA: On
- AA mode: Replace all application parameters
- AA Settings: x2 (but put what you want)
- Threaded optimisation: Enabled
- VSync: Enabled

I don't have any crash so far with 150+ turns after the medieval era !

I don't know if anyone else experienced but I think the "Culturally linked start" option does not work. I had the feeling in the previous revisions too, but did not care.
I started a new game with Korea and my closest neighbor was Zulu. Egypt and Spain were also close, while the khmerr are on the other edge of the continent.

Noted, I'll see what I can do but it's not on the priority list right now. Thank you for reporting this. :)

I'm experiencing the no UI problem with svn 672 and 673. My method of holding the Shift key down while the Mod loads is not working. Nor is starting a Play Now and then starting a new Custom game. And for the life of me I can't remember where that **mn cache file lives to delete it. I've deleted most every thing else in My Documents that was not associated with Saves and Screenshots. But still no go.

I can play dbkblk's savegame he sumbitted and I commented on just fine. But I can Not start a new game with 673 and get an interface.

I also get a BUG parsing error about some xml file failing to load and lines 17 and 9. Plus it says there is no user setting file. Which really strange as I've not allowed my User setting to be changed for sometime now.

So 1st off where is the cache located again?

EDIT: ignore the 3rd Screenie it's from a C2C game. The other 4 are all AND.

EDIT 2: Found the cache file for Win XP Pro 64, deleted it and still no UI. Now to try something different. Remove AND from the BtS Mods folder and re install the svn 673 version.

EDIT 3: Completely deleted AND and RoM from BtS Mod folder. Re installed AND svn 670 and this version works for me now. Next step will to be to upgrade to 673.

EDIT 4: SVN 673 is now working. I have No Idea what happened. The invalid or No path to User settings was very strange.

JosEPh

I can play dbkblk's savegame he sumbitted and I commented on just fine. But I can Not start a new game with 673 and get an interface.
I have also encountered same problems with older revisions:i could play my saved games but when i started a new game, no interface and many errors appeared.

Stealth Destroyer:It is a stealth unit so it should enter the waters of another civ without declaring war.If you want to declare war, there are other ways to do this.If the enemy detects the ship then war could be declared automatically or suffer the consequences in diplomacy.

I have also encountered same problems with older revisions:i could play my saved games but when i started a new game, no interface and many errors appeared.

Stealth Destroyer:It is a stealth unit so it should enter the waters of another civ without declaring war.If you want to declare war, there are other ways to do this.If the enemy detects the ship then war could be declared automatically or suffer the consequences in diplomacy.

Did you have to do something similar to what I did to get it fixed? Or are you still trying?

JosEPh

EDIT 4: SVN 673 is now working. I have No Idea what happened. The invalid or No path to User settings was very strange.

JosEPh

Glad you've solved it. I've made a quick try and it's working perfectly for me. As soon as I have some free time I'll upload the new revision; I had some busy days/nights between work and my little boy. ;)

45°38'N-13°47'E;13044165 said:
Glad you've solved it. I've made a quick try and it's working perfectly for me. As soon as I have some free time I'll upload the new revision; I had some busy days/nights between work and my little boy. ;)

I bet you have pappa! :lol:

My youngest grandaughter is 6 months going on 7 and the changes this month alone have been astounding. Daughter posts something new on FB almost every day. :D

JosEPh

I think I have found the answer: It's probably not AND but the mapscipt:
Perfectworld2 has "Teammates together" by default. Starting a new game changing it to "Random" seems to make things right :)

I think I have found the answer: It's probably not AND but the mapscipt:
Perfectworld2 has "Teammates together" by default. Starting a new game changing it to "Random" seems to make things right :)

While reading your bugreport some days ago, i noticed that this option have worked perfectly fine on the game i play (but i use a RoM script)

Unfortunately, I found another bug.

I am playing build 219 with assimilation turned off (checked it ingame to be sure).
However, I cannot build my civilzations unique building in conquered cities.
I also cannot build the unique building of the former civ.
On top of that, I cannot build the vanilla verion of either.

Same goes for unique units.

Unfortunately, I found another bug.

I am playing build 219 with assimilation turned off (checked it ingame to be sure).
However, I cannot build my civilzations unique building in conquered cities.
I also cannot build the unique building of the former civ.
On top of that, I cannot build the vanilla verion of either.

Same goes for unique units.

There's no rev 219, we're at rev674. And it's not a bug as explained in another thread. You can't build those units and buildings because you don't have majority of culture in that conquered city. If you conquer say a Roman city and they have majority of culture, you won't be able to build forum because you have assimilation off, and you won't be able to build market because it's a Roman city in terms of culture. When you'll gain majority of culture, you'll be able to build your market.

Edit: I understand gameplay is now different from what it used to be, but it looks much better this way, IMO. It all depend from Minimum City Border option. Now when you conquer a city you don't automatically get everything from that city: you'll have to invest in culture if you want to use a conquered city at its full. You can revert back to the old style by turning on Minimum City Border (actually the current version is the "old style", it all changed when Minimum City Border was made mandatory some years ago before I changed it lately).

Right, it`s version 670, I took the BULL version number by accident.
The culture majority can`t be true, because it happens in three cities with legendary culture, whose original owner perished milennia ago.
For example Paris:
Feitora is available as a building, and so is the Saloon. However, if I click on the respective icon, nothing happens, the current build remains.
If I select one of these from somewhere else, say the city overview by clicking on the city info, the city will end building nothing at all.

I also deselected 3 tiles radius, yet I am able to build met. administration and access the 3rd rank.

Attachments

• Paris.jpg
    Paris.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 292
Has anyone else seen this? The Civilopedia's National Wonder page is broken when not in-game. The next building is Foundling Hospital. In a game, the page is fine. Is there something to do with its Team Wonder status?

View attachment 369815

Has anyone else seen this? The Civilopedia's National Wonder page is broken when not in-game. The next building is Foundling Hospital. In a game, the page is fine. Is there something to do with its Team Wonder status?

View attachment 369815

I also see this. Problem is that not even in the game I can see pedia for Foundling Hospital: it's not displayed at all, it simply jumps to the next one (Fusion Power Plant). It could be something similar to what happened with chiefdom civic a few revisions ago

Right, it`s version 670, I took the BULL version number by accident.
The culture majority can`t be true, because it happens in three cities with legendary culture, whose original owner perished milennia ago.
For example Paris:
Feitora is available as a building, and so is the Saloon. However, if I click on the respective icon, nothing happens, the current build remains.
If I select one of these from somewhere else, say the city overview by clicking on the city info, the city will end building nothing at all.

I also deselected 3 tiles radius, yet I am able to build met. administration and access the 3rd rank.

Can you upload your save?
AFAIK you are always able to build Met.Admin once your city has a size of 25, hence expanding to the third ring of tiles. Larger City option should allow this only if your city has reached "influential" culture.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13053120 said:
I also see this. Problem is that not even in the game I can see pedia for Foundling Hospital: it's not displayed at all, it simply jumps to the next one (Fusion Power Plant). It could be something similar to what happened with chiefdom civic a few revisions ago

I can see Foundling Hospital in the pedia in-game, and I was able to successfully build it and have it work in a test game. I also discovered that if I set Foundling Hospital's <iMaxTeamInstances> to -1 in CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml (so it's still a National Wonder, but not a Team Wonder), then no message appears and the National Wonders page works without any problems.

Just do a simple test.
Change something else to team wonder and see if it is affected.

If not, then you will have to see what is so special about that building.

Top Bottom