AND2 and SVN Bug Reports - A New Dawn 2 ONLY

I'm not sure whether this minor 'bug' really even needs to be looked at but anyway...

I recently had an event where I discovered a foreign spy (or something like that). The result was a war declaration ("Take this as a declaration of war"), and I received six free units. The 'bug' is that I received Tanks - even though I had not yet discovered Rifling! I had discovered a number of Industrial Era tech's, such as Automobile and quite a few of the corporations, but I didn't have Riflemen yet and certainly not the tech' to build any Tanks.

Was amusing to put the 50-strength tanks to work against riflemen.

It's a mismatch between the event and the unit it grants. The event can trigger once you have discovered Industrialism (where Tanks are located in regular BTS) but the Python code doesn't actually check for the right techs to build the unit. We could do some kind of check in the code to give you a fallback unit.

It's a mismatch between the event and the unit it grants. The event can trigger once you have discovered Industrialism (where Tanks are located in regular BTS) but the Python code doesn't actually check for the right techs to build the unit. We could do some kind of check in the code to give you a fallback unit.

Or someone could just update the event xml for the proper tech. ;)

Or someone could just update the event xml for the proper tech. ;)

But in this particular case, the technology doesn't really coincide with the circumstances of the event trigger, only one particular result of the event. There are actually 2 events that we should adjust: the first is Assassin Discovered, and the second is this Spy Discovered (the first goes obsolete at the same time the second comes online).

@Arkatakor,
If it's not showing up as red blobs for 45* in v705 why not update to 705?

JosEPh
I already did - my clean install was based on 705. I am still having this red blob problem for whatever reason. I deleted my ROM directory, removed my svn files, did a fresh get latest, copied those into my new ROM directory, and deleted the Civilizatiion.ini file in my documents. Started a new game and the blobs became even more apparant.

I decided to go ahead and try BTS vanilla and have no issues there so I don't think its a GPU thing. Probably something went wrong in my latest get.

SVN 705

I've a recurring freeze on game play, it will process 1 AI's turn that I can see, then it will just freeze with the globe turning around and around and so on.

You can access all the menus, so to me looks like its not releasing the turn at the end, I did have 1 random crash to desktop, but I didn't have logging enabled.

I've looked through the logs, and nothing stands out.

I've attached both the save as a Zip and the 703 Dump file.

I've tried both under xp and Vista emulation, xp usually works no problem, vista's worked up untill now.

Alright, well I'm getting now very-common and repeating CTD's with the few civs from the MegaPack. First one I can recover from just fine, but if it CTD's a second time in a game it corrupts the whole save and will perpetually CTD at that point no matter what.

Really, really, really do not want to have to give up some of those civs (Minoa, Phoenica, etc) but it's becoming almost unplayable now.

I haven't yet upgraded to 705 just yet because I'm a bit nervous about all of the reports coming from it so far, but I might just install it into a second mod folder and give it a test spin.

I really wish I knew what was going wrong with the MegaPack though, and if it's something that may be fixed soon or if it's a long-term work-in-progress.

@Resca,
This is the problem that Zappara encountered with the original megapack for RoM. Every time a new version of RoM came out the Megapack would also need to catch up on the updates and new additions introduced by the Main mods newest state/version.

The author for the AND Mega Pack needs to update his modmod.

JosEPh

SVN 705

I've a recurring freeze on game play, it will process 1 AI's turn that I can see, then it will just freeze with the globe turning around and around and so on.

You can access all the menus, so to me looks like its not releasing the turn at the end, I did have 1 random crash to desktop, but I didn't have logging enabled.

I've looked through the logs, and nothing stands out.

I've attached both the save as a Zip and the 703 Dump file.

I've tried both under xp and Vista emulation, xp usually works no problem, vista's worked up untill now.

As a note to myself and 45*, this CTD is a result of infinite recursion leading to a stack overflow in DeleteChildTree in CvPathGenerator. I am totally unfamiliar with the new path generator and am attempting to contact the author to follow up for debugging.

I've reloaded the game from 4 turn earlier under an xp simulation of wine.

It's passed the freeze point and is playing on.

I don't know what was causing it, but with a Vista emulation, I got these python errors for bug, but under xp nothing?? This was at the immediate loading of the game. It would play otherwise fine??

Back on xp emulation, as this is how I've set up the CivAltRt.py file it works and I ain't going to break it, thanks for helping, and if I've found a bug, Double fortune.

New error now, Python exception error in F5 screen, I went to look at Strategic advantages/disavantages and it threw out this

Spoiler :

45°38'N-13°47'E;13199741 said:
I've tried your save but I can't load it, I get a runtime error. Can you try uploading an autosave?

I updated to revision 701 and CTD solved

Wow, thanks to Afforess I'm learning how to really debug AND.
I've come across a bug which was causing CTD in ever game I've tried lately, it's a bad definition in an xml file

Code:
				<StyleUnit>
					<UnitType>UNIT_LANCER</UnitType>
					<UnitMeshGroup>
						<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_LANCER_NATIVE_AMERICAN</EarlyArtDefineTag>
						<LateArtDefineTag>[COLOR="Red"]ART_DEF_UNIT_LANCER_NATIVE_AMERICAN[/COLOR]</LateArtDefineTag>
						<MiddleArtDefineTag>[COLOR="Red"]ART_DEF_UNIT_LANCER_NATIVE_AMERICAN[/COLOR]</MiddleArtDefineTag>
					</UnitMeshGroup>
				</StyleUnit>

should replace

Code:
				<StyleUnit>
					<UnitType>UNIT_LANCER</UnitType>
					<UnitMeshGroup>
						<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_LANCER_NATIVE_AMERICAN</EarlyArtDefineTag>
						<LateArtDefineTag>[COLOR="Red"]ART_DEF_UNIT_NATIVE_AMERICAN[/COLOR]</LateArtDefineTag>
						<MiddleArtDefineTag>[COLOR="Red"]ART_DEF_UNIT_NATIVE_AMERICAN[/COLOR]</MiddleArtDefineTag>
					</UnitMeshGroup>
				</StyleUnit>

in CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos.xml
I'll push it in the next SVN.

The bombing menu appears to have been shortened. Would someone please tell me how to restore it?
examples; can not "port airbomb ships", cannot bomb neutral improvments,cannot airbomb roads,
I hope these are just xml changes as I cannot code.

The bombing menu appears to have been shortened. Would someone please tell me how to restore it?
examples; can not "port airbomb ships", cannot bomb neutral improvments,cannot airbomb roads,
I hope these are just xml changes as I cannot code.

Nothing has changed, probably you've disabled it when reinstalling. Look under BUG options, REVDcm, Enhanced Air Bombardment.

Ok, Thanks. The bug mod has a tendency to reset to default whenever I restart or reload the game.

When you set or make changes to the BUG Options screen Always double save after the changes. Always, Save game and then Save again. This locks the settings till the next time you change them.

JosEPh

Just wish someone who knows the code could explain why it takes the double save. Dancing Huskold has tried several times to pinpoint "why" but even he is stuck. And it's definitely way beyond me.

JosEPh

Top Bottom