America: Write Your Own History

Well that's entirely different.

Late to this, but looks like im time to see a couple world wars fought... Subbed

Hooray!

Just yesterday I have completed the AP US History exam!

Coincidence? I think not.

But James Blaine as President...um...okay.

at least it's not bush :p

hey!
Spoiler :

Dont go dissing books

Sorry for the long waits. New computer, been trying to find lots of compatibility things for many of my games (the games I play are Return to Krondor, Warcraft II, Caesar III, Dungeon Siege... old games), and I can't seem to install Paint.Net on this computer either, which is what I use to create my avatars with.

I'm trying to install Civilization IV now. I'm getting really close. While its installing I'll reread this time in American history to get in the mindset.

While you wait, listen to this song I've had stuck in my head. It has Idaho in the name, which is a state in the United States; therefore related to this game. [/excuse]

Link to video.

Update: Everything is installing fine now that I found you have to install with Windows 7 compatibility and in a very specific patch order. Now all I have to do is copy and paste the save file to this laptop.

Update Update: I will be using the "Varietas Delectat and Ethnic City Styles for DoC" module now that my computer can handle it. Screenshots will look much nicer now.

Update Update Update: Everything is perfect now. Expect Blaine's first term by tonight.

Last update: Varietas Delectat doesn't work.

Christopher Columbus discovers the Americas, and the first European settlers and musketmen arrive to settle / colonize / conquer.

However the Native Americans are vastly more technologically advanced and already have rifles, tanks and nuclear weaponry.

The easily crush the foreign presence, and in retaliation Nuke all of Europe.

Bad news - No more Europe, its now a nuclear wasteland.
Good news - Hitler now never existed.

Am I doing this right?

This is a grand year—a year filled with recollections of the Revolution ... a year in which the people call for the man who has torn from the throat of treason the tongue of slander, the man who has snatched the mask of Democracy from the hideous face of rebellion ... Like an armed warrior, like a plumed knight, James G. Blaine from the state of Maine marched down the halls of the American Congress and threw his shining lance full and fair against the brazen foreheads of every traitor to his country and every maligner of his fair reputation. - Robert G. Ingersoll, Illinois orator

1876-1880: The Plumed Knight

After a riveting inauguration following a historic 83% victory, James G. Blaine's first act was to enact a new merit system for civil service appointments; instead of appointing political supporters to positions, Blaine awarded positions according to an examination on ethics and law. This brought the new president into conflict with the Stalwart, or pro-spoils, section of the Republican Party. Blaine appointed Carl Schurz, renowned German reformer, to overtake these drastic changes. Schurz led a large purging of corruption throughout the government, and drastically rose Blaine's popular support -- although this strained his political connections within the party. He also removed In God We Trust from the greenback, in which he secured some separation of church and state.

Building upon Schurz' amazing progress, Blaine then gave him the responsibility of further assimilating Native Americans into American society. Watching closely, Blaine saved Schurz from failing on this task when he corrected a loophole in a law which would allow white landowners to sell most Native lands. Blaine helped several Native leader gain political positions (through favors and mentoring) in order to solidify their influence. Several tribes, such as the Nez Perce and the Bannock, fought speculators and educators as they felt they had no say in declining "assimilation". Oliver O. Howard, a veteran of the Civil War, successful defeated the tribes with the Nez Perce being relocated 1700 miles north to Canada.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blaine took over Lincoln's legacy in the Finland Conflict, and ordered the troops stationed there to march towards Leningrad. On the way, American airships bombed Russian forces, and Russians retaliated with cannonfire. After nearly a year of battle, with one of the largest casualties in a war in human history, Leningrad was captured and renamed Nyenschants; the name of the town before Russian invasion a century ago. Yet against his promises during his campaign to end the war directly after the city was captured, Blaine was unsatisfied with Russian negotiations on peace. The Russians did not offer to change to a democracy, or to open trade with the democratic nations of the world. Blaine refused peace, and focused on retaking Lithuania for Germany (in which Winfield Scott Hancock led), and draining the Russian economy through guerrilla attacks and naval blockade.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

In July 1887, a great railroad strike broke out in British Columbia following unfair working conditions and wages. Business leaders, and customers who deemed it necessary to use the railroads, demanded Blaine break up the strike. Blaine, reluctantly, used federal forces to put down the strike. In his diary, he would write that although the problem had been solved, a remedy would be needed to solve labor disputes. This strike would haunt his later years.

Spoiler :

Meanwhile, the United States was experiencing a small recession. State funds were temporarily (for a couple decades) secured when a gold rush opened up in California.

Spoiler :

America's new democratic friend, Greece, was unfortunately recaptured by Turkey in January 1878.

Spoiler :

Domestically, Blaine would be known for focusing on supplying energy throughout the nation with coal, and expanding health services and commercial outlets (such as malls) to combat the recession.

Spoiler :

Foreign relations with Brazil improved when Brazil broke off their reliance on Britain, re-becoming an independent nation.

Spoiler :

In January 1880, Winfield Scott Hancock led the invasion of Lithuania by an amphibious surprise. The invasion was a success, and the city was soon turned over to Germany. Troops would be stationed there for around a year, until half the troops would be sent to north Russia on another amphibious expedition, and the other half would reinforce Nyenschans. American troops would continue to skirmish with Russian forces around the borders. Poland, a Russian vassal, experienced constant fear of American airships during the Blaine administration.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

At the very end of his term, the railroad from Montana to Alaska would finally be completed. This, combined with the victory around Finland, and scientific passion from researchers such as John von Neumann, lead to a large American Golden Age which would last for the next 12 years. During this time, the economy bounced back enough for Blaine to raise scientific research to 60, and the nation's stability seemed a distant problem...

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

In summary, Blaine's military ventures in the Finland Conflict took Leningrad and Lithuania without much problem, with Russia gradually going into a deeper state of panic. Germany became a close friend to the United States. Blaine's domestic policies gave America greater production, and greater ethical standards of politicians; this, along with his insistence that America stay a technological leader, gave rise to an American Golden Age. The beginning of this golden age, at the very end of the Blaine administration, saw the rise of the telephone, and the global dominance of the American economy. Blaine sent an engineer to Brisbane, Australia to complete a national park - although the trip from Washington to Brisbane would take a couple of years. Russian communism was declining, and the nation had a renewed character; Post-Lincoln, Post-Civil War, unified, dignified, America.

Great Job Mr. Blaine!

But I guess we still have some issues on stability, as we may see on the pics.

BTW, capturing enemy cities, and gifting them to someone else increases or decreases stability? And liberating cities do affect things differently then simply gifting? I'm curious

Top Bottom