America: Write Your Own History

-moved-

And guys, please, stop with the random chat. When you start posting Yu Gi Oh pictures and make me have to repost after only like an hour, it's a sign you should go to the America: Talk Your Own Mind group.

What is the No:Yes ratio required to avert Civil War?
It's 6 No to 4 Yes as of this post.

What is the No:Yes ratio required to avert Civil War?
It's 6 No to 4 Yes as of this post.

The Civil War is happening, it cannot be averted.

As of now, we're just determining which side of the Civil War we will follow (as of now, it appears we'll fight the war from Foster's America point-of-view), and we will also determine the extent of the civil war by how many yes's there are in ratio to no's. (The higher the ratio of yes vs no, the more cities will rebel)

As of now, we're just determining which side of the Civil War we will follow (as of now, it appears we'll fight the war from Foster's America point-of-view), and we will also determine the extent of the civil war by how many yes's there are in ratio to no's. (The higher the ratio of yes vs no, the more cities will rebel)

Wellllllll poo buckets. You see what you cappies (opposite of commies) do!

I'll be fighting on the front lines to protect my home of Kentucky from falling under the evils of Communism.

Well I'll be fighting on the front lines to re-capture Texas to prevent it from staying under the oppression of Capitalism!

I think if the "No"s are high enough then rebellion on mainland should be minimal. Some but not major.

Yes for secession, and I wish for at least a portion of our African territory to secede.

:rolleyes:

Secession: Yes West Coast

The very day I feared has come, my regret is I did not do more to stop it.

Yes to succession in Australia. I'll draw up a speech for my character if we have the time.

and the fact the communists are complaining about moderates reacting unfavorably to a disastrous candidate being elected... absolutely ridiculous when you consider the Wilson reaction.

(from an author of daily newspaper)

What??? You go against an elected president? That's unacceptable! You are traitors against american people? against democracy? against elections? against constitution itsself? against the values and the morals of american war of indepedence? You have no morality? Do you try to blackmail the strongest country on this planet? Do you try to blackmail your own motherland?

Ok, men, that isn't a joke. You live in a free country, do you remember? People have the right to decide for their destiny, do you remember? That's why our founding fathers made the revolution, they wanted us to be free to choose for ourselves. So stop joking and retreat from your claims.

Noone, including yourself has the right to blackmail your own nation. This is is a strong and indepedent state, and I'm completely confident that it will prevail at any cost against fascism. It did it once, it will do it for the second time. Our government must protect american people in any corner of this plantet. If you seek to go for secession americans will remember that it was you who betrayed them. Congress should disband these traitors once and forever from next election. Fascism shall not pass!!!

Distrusting democracy?

Democracy is the system in which most people decide the fate of the organisation. The same goes in the american people. This systems relies on the majority and trusts it will make the best dessicion. Questioning democracy means questiong the majority.

Secessionists question the majority, they believe that a small political elite can make better options than the majority itsself. But what does this elite knows about the problems of the people? Do they know the living conditions of them? Do they know their needs? their dreams? Secessionists don't support democracy. They support a unfree system that follows them silently without questioning. They support a pyramid system, themselves being on the top and people at the base.

They simply don't trust american people, and this is enough to declare them antiamericans. However, I hope that they simply don't know what are they doing. I believe that they will understand their mistake. They will understand what they are doing, and that they will come back to democracy, to freedom and start trusting american people once again.

Of cousre, I vote absolutely against secession!

well, you filthy capitalist pigs

you go around claiming we're out to destroy america and start a civil war

but it turns out you are the ones who have formed a dictatorship out to end democracy

we will enjoy crushing you in the great and powerful name of the eternal proletariat!

No. Don't secede!

Since you'll be narrating from the viewpoint of the majority, doesn't that just mean that the majority will win?

Also, as awful as this might sound, this civil war might actually be good for the Union in the long term because it will homogenize the Union to the winners of the war, rather than keep the union as a house divided against itself.

I think the reason why communism generally doesn't work in a democracy is because communism encourages a homogenous society, which is fundamentally at odds with democracy. When that homogenous culture isn't formed naturally, a dictatorship forms to force it. Capitalism on the other hand, encourages diversity and choice because of supply-and-demand and the competitive aspects of the market.

I think even if secession got more votes, if the ratio were like 9:8, anti-secession would still win (since the president has the army under his command, and is much more organized and powerful).

Capitalism on the other hand, encourages diversity and choice.

At this alternative history capitalists don't let communists to take over normally.

At this alternative history capitalists don't let communists to take over normally.

The normal way that communists took over was certainly not peaceful. But you're right in saying that the tables have turned.

I vote no to secession. I may dislike communism and Foster, but at least it's better than going back to capitalism and throwing away all Debs gained.

Top Bottom