New pitboss

I think large continents already. SevenSpirit is really in to these things, he knows number of tiles, etc, etc - he is the author of map scripts himself, so when I tell him what we aim for (about 8 cities for each player before competition for land) he will know what to do.

I'm curious to what version of Civ4 you guys are using. I have the CD version of Civ4 BTS not steam could I still join in?

Sure. We are using (I guess) the non-steam version, as the steam version got "direct IP" menu option removed, thus cant play pitboss.

Do you have prior experience with pitboss and long - term multiplay?

Sure. We are using (I guess) the non-steam version, as the steam version got "direct IP" menu option removed, thus cant play pitboss.

Do you have prior experience with pitboss and long - term multiplay?

Nope. Only standard multiplayer matches for me. I'd like to learn and experience a pitboss game. they seem pretty epic!

I vote Normal, Continents and Prince.

I didn't think Steam supported PitBoss but I have never played anything using it so I may well be wrong.

Size of World is an important issue when you get 13+ human players as Large is not going to be large enough to avoid some very early deaths, non-diplo, or a long drawn out dose of frustration for those with poor starts if it is diplo.

I assume that the initial turns will be accelerated as you can queue your moves and activities and nobody is going to conquer the world with a warrior.

OK, here is the list we go with randomizing for snake pick order:

ReallyEvilMuff
Imp. Knoedel
2metraninja
Filon
dick76
HBHR
Elkad
Hercules90
classical_hero
methinkso
Friendly Fire
Luthor_Saxburg
sinimusta
Cristoval

And here are the preferences votes:

Code:
		game speed	map		difficulty

ReallyEvilMuff	quick		inland sea	noble
Imp. Knoedel	normal		fractal		noble
2metraninja	quick		continents	emperor
Filon		quick		inland sea	emperor
dick76		quick		continents	noble
HBHR		normal		fractal		noble
Elkad		normal		no preference	emperor
Hercules90	normal		continents	noble
classical_hero	quick		pangaea		emperor
methinkso	normal		fractal		noble
Friendly Fire	normal		continents	emperor			
Luthor_Saxburg	normal		random		prince			
sinimusta	normal		continents	emperor
cristoval

which gives us 5 for quick vs 8 for normal game speed, most popular map continents with 5 votes and 6 vs 6 tie for noble vs emperor difficulty We will need 1 more vote here or as a compromise prince or monarch dificulty (something in the middle).

I am giving the list of players to Seven for randomizing and we start the snake pic. Let me remind how it works: we play with unrestricted leaders, so the first chooses leader OR nation, then the next in the list picks, until the bottom of the list. The one who is on the bottom of the list he chooses leader AND nation and then the order goes again to the top, the top player choosing last what he was missing - either leader or nation.

I will send PMs to all players listed. A player failing to make a choice in 24 hours after he is on the deck, will be removed from the game.

Let the game begin!

Randomized pick order is:

1. classical_hero
2. Luthor_Saxburg
3. Friendly Fire
4. Hercules90
5. 2metraninja
6. sinimusta
7. methinkso
8. Imp. Knoedel
9. Filon
10. Cristoval
11. Elkad
12. dick76
13. HBHR
14. ReallyEvilMuff

classical hero gets first pick. ReallyEvilMuff will pick twice in a row and then picks will go back up from 14 towards 1.

Regarding the map, if someone wants to summarize desires that have been posted in the thread for me, that would be helpful and ensure I don't miss anything or use outdated information. :)

Wait, who said anything about Unrestricted Leaders? I can't remember having voted about that.

Well, this is the standart for multiplayer and I though it goes without actually saying. Actually I think I did mentioned it when speaking about snake pick. Just as no-tech trading. But you are free to choose restricted leader/nation as well.

IMO unrestricted gives a way more choices and interesting combos and allows for many strategies and plays, when leaving the original restricted combos still available if someone prefers them.

If comeone have very strong feelings against it, we can still have quick vote for that.

Oh dear, I fear I may be left with terrible choices! :/

I do prefer restricted as it prevents unbalanced options like agg rome or pro mali for example, but I don't mind doing unrestricted. I would point to my earlier suggestion of just letting everyone choose whatever but if the majority want a snake pick then thats fine, and that works better with unrestricted as those lower down get some compensation! :p

OK, we vote - restricted or unrestricted and way to pick. Please, everyone - state your votes.

I vote for unrestricted with snake pick.

I vote for restricted and allowing anyone to pick anything. (But also for the snake pick to go on at the same time as it will take some time anyway)

I would prefer restricted but I get to pick early so maybe I'm biased.

BTW. I did vote Prince not Emperor and would have Noble as 2nd choice. I would reckon Emperor to be too slow for an MP to be fun as well as being harsh on less experienced players.

I don't think snake pick would make any sense without unrestricted. The point is that there are two things to choose so that the one who gets first pick gets also the last pick and with restricted that's impossible.

I don't mind either way tbh, what I do mind is just assuming that the weirdest settings are the default without informing any of the first-timers about them.

I for one want a complete list with all settings and houserules (yes, no-diplo would be a houserule if enforced because it is in no way any part of the regular game) before we start the game or I will take my ball and go home thank you very much.

I think there's a false assumption that what is standard in another mp community (rb) is satndard everywhere ;).

Top Bottom