America: Write Your Own History

I would like to request RT, to update on when the elections would close. Like if there is two hours to close of voting, then to update that. That way I would know when to change my vote, right now I'm undecided on which option to vote for. This may go for others too who aren't decided. I would really dislike it, if my present vote is accepted as final when I would come back only to change my vote. :( Also, why isn't Connolly running for elections ?

Elections will end noon tomorrow.

Connolly? James Connolly? Oh he's fine. Trust me.

Elections will end noon tomorrow.

Connolly? James Connolly? Oh he's fine. Trust me.

I would like to know where he currently is

then we will know if he is really "fine"

Yes why isn't Connolly running? Kind of suspicious response if you ask me.

OOC: And I just noticed that one of my news posts have been on the index! Yay, I feel quite accomplished.

@RT, I was actually hinting that Connolly should run for elections :) . I mean, if it wasn't for him the communists wouldn't even be in government ! He's the more likable moderate and sincere face of the party. Also, he isn't Stalin's puppet :p . Trotsky and Lenin had a lot of respect for that man IRL . In this timeline, he might actually fix the schism that exists in the Commintern through his policies. Also it would make this election look a whole lot better and might even wean a lot of people revolting away from the revolt. Besides with Foster's heart condition we need an alternative who won't die before his term ends :p .

James Connolly Retires from Politics

With the campaign underway, many are wondering where popular Irish politician James Connolly has gone. Well it appears he's retired from politics! Connolly, exhausted after serving his nation for decades, has refused to meet reporters to comment.

well, does the government know where he is currently at

A Revolution is in brew.

Additionally, Governor Whitmeyer of New York strongly urges his citizens to take up in protests and arms against the corrupt, anti-democratic, Communist government.

Police Crack Down on Secessionists

Following a string of riots and protests across the country, President Foster assures the nation that democracy and freedom are upheld and warns the public about foreign propaganda. Foster further reinforces the victories of the war, the boldness and strength of the Communist Party, the benefits seen by every man and women in America, and the superior diplomacy conducted by President Foster. In addendum, Foster has spent 10 million new dollars installing new prisons in West Virginia to increase cell space for secessionist sympathizers and capitalist terrorists.

Now is not the time for rioting. We are in the middle of a huge crisis. Rioting will be seen as treason. You still have an opportunity to change your decisions.

Makes sense that Connolly has taken a break, dont know if you notice but this hasnt been restful times exactly. If you were Connolly wouldnt you might feel that your entry into the previous election may have directly or indirectly caused the huge civil war...

Well after things started to tank with Wilson, Debs came back for another term despite his old age and ailing health. His coming actually fixed the mess Wilson had left, so I was expecting Connolly to fulfill that role. But I guess that won't happen anymore. We're left with zig-zagging Stalinist pencil pushing bureaucrats :p . I wonder, where does Stalin live in this OTL ? I would imagine he would have to be in Washington to influence the Foster administration to the maximum. How else would you make the president of the most powerful country on earth your lapdog ! It should be the other way around :D

Transcript of a Radio Broadcast by an Anonymous Capitalist Leader
My fellow Americans,
We must be strong in these trying times. As the great patriot Thomas Paine said: "These are the times that try men's souls." There are many parallels between the American Revolution and our current struggle for liberty. We are fighting against a tyrant, our great president Foster, the modern day George III. Yet we must be strong. Even though they have captured the Southeast and Northwest, we will still fight! Our brave compatriots in those regions still fight. I encourage you to do the same. If you wish to help, then ship food, water and ammunition to those regions. They are currently engaging in a guerrilla war against the Communists. If you love America, then follow their example. Remember, together, we will prevail. God bless you all on this night, and may God bless the resistance fighters.

Peaceful Protest

I confess: I'm a Trotskyist.

flee to france comrade!
Join us to create a better future filled with liberty and full bellies!

Top Bottom