The Democratic Caliphate.

Massive Micro-Managing by the proud council (not so fast btw) but out of nowhere anyways.

It came with a tornado from the desert near our lands, so suddenly that took all unprepared and with their faces full of sand.

And we are back, with the Grace of God.

The policies that the Ummah has agreed upon has left the government in a bit of a debt. In an attempt to improve the economy, the Caliph sat down with the leader of the Alemanni, Barbarossa, to try to negotiate peace and open trade relations:

Persistent Kobbe:
The cotton village of Kobbe that has been destroyed by the Ethiopian king centuries past has been rebuilt, with the support of the new Ethiopian heir. It appears that he might be more tolerant to the Islamic community:

Espionage at the Lake:
Dar al-Zanj, suspicious of the rebel encampment south of Zanzibar, decided to set up coastal outposts all across the lake, to monitor their movements:

Assault of Iskindiriyah:
The cotton farmers south of Iskindiriya, tired of oppressive rule by their masters, took up arms against the Ummah. They engaged in an assault that was catastrophic, wiping out the entire garrison of the naval city. The city would have been defenceless if it wasn't for the support of Moorish travellers who armed themselves and valiantly fought the rebels:

They stalled the rebels long enough for a camel regiment to be sent to Iskindiriyah from Al-Uqsur. The Caliph found this measure necessary, and did this without the consultation of the province for the sake of the Ummah as a whole:

Request was sent to the Moors for aid, and they sent a cavalry regiment that flanked the rebel encampment near the cotton fields, while the camel regiment stationed in Iskindiriyah finished the rebels off. Seeing inevitable defeat, the rebels burned the cotton fields to the ground, but they were stomped out, with those left alive condemned to slavery:

The Ethiopian March:
Dar al-Zanj was slightly uncomfortable with the presence of a large Ethiopian army near their northern borders. It is very well known that the Ummah has not had good relations with the Ethiopians, so many citizens panicked and started barricading their homes. Zanzibar was incapable of surviving an attack from this army:

To the people's confusion, the army did not invade Zanzibar. Instead, it marched all around the lake and attacked the rebel encampment of Quelimane, forcing all the rebels to flee into the jungles. Then the army disappeared south. People do not know how to react, but they are glad that the threat of these rebels was eliminated:

Conquests from Other Lands:
The once Byzantine city of Atina was captured by the Alemanni who have ambitions to recreate the Roman empire. The Volga peoples expand their territory to include more of the Caucasus north of the Caspian Sea:

Unfortunately, the plantations near Sana'a were destroyed, which hurt the economy of the Ummah even more:

On the bright side, scientists have discovered a navigation tool for navigating the seas:

Development in Cyprus:
Dar ash-Sham deemed it necessary to send some people to Cyprus after discovering large copper deposits on the island. Cyprus would eventually become the Ummah's largest source of copper:

The new Shah's of Persia:
The recent collapse of the Byzantine empire affected Persia the most as it descended into chaos. Various factions sprung from the war torn lands with the intention of taking all of Persia. Finally, a Turkic group has established a large military encampment in what is known as Isfahan. They are Muslims, but they believe that the Ummah has fallen into sin and corruption. They want to be the rulers of the Islamic community:

In a few years, these people have won major battles, and eventually placed all of Persia under their thumb. Because of their beliefs, it is inevitable that they will try to invade our lands. For now, we can only wait in defence, for it is only the hypocrite that strikes another Muslim:

And that is the end of the term. The council will be called in soon to set up new policies, and to perhaps discuss the threat coming from the East.

Yahoo! An update

Dang, those seljuks. And for a moment, i thought Zanzibar was gone. Fortunately not.

I guess making a mine on Cyprus may make the tile a big load of :hammers: but doesn't give us the copper resource. If it's the resource you want either build a city or a fort. If it's the :hammers: yield, then it's ok. I guess that second option was the intention of ash-Sham, but I'm not sure

Oh and BTW, Members of the council take a look at the Council group because I posted there an important matter we must discuss (specially pro DoC players, because I lack knowledge on DoC)

If there is a road, it gives it, If i remember correctly.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

That's how I remember it working, at least in vanilla RFC. I forget if Leoreth changed it in DoC.

Your memory is wrong, because it didn't work that way in RFC as that's a change Leoreth specifically had to introduce one or two versions ago.

Thanks for your input Spirictum but as opposed to my northern neighbor I actually know what I'm doing. ;)

Your memory is wrong, because it didn't work that way in RFC as that's a change Leoreth specifically had to introduce one or two versions ago.

Good to know DoC put this feature. I don't think vanilla BtS or the other non era/place specific mods should do this, but World Map RFCs truly need it because places are relatively too small.

Whoa great commander! I hope nobody gets hurt in this powerful speech, don't you think?

Yes there is. We are actually missing a few people since the summer vacations, which is why progress is a bit slow. Here I will explain more in the group. You will be added shortly.

I am away from home now. It is a group in civ fanatics, only accessible to council members (until I can find a way to make it accessible by all but only members can post).

Once I can get onto a computer I will invite you.

Oh okay that is good. I would definitely like the readers to see the decision making process as well, however slow it is.

Top Bottom