America: Write Your Own History

1956-1959: The End of the American Age

Growing up during the Cold War, I remember the seemingly imminent threat of nuclear war. In primary school we were taught to 'duck-and-cover' for protection. But even as children hiding under wooden desks, we recognized the inadequacies of this strategy.

Nuclear Threats

Led by Khrushchev, the newly reformed Soviet Union promised ultimate victory against Germany and Japan. Seeing an opportunity as the world split up between Japanese and German supporters, Russia used their large reserve of military to attack both. Threatening faraway nations with nuclear attacks, Khrushchev demanded that the world keep a neutral view on the conflict; or else! Opening the war with a nuclear attack on Lithuania, the world spiraled into chaos and fear as even Fuhrer Hess of Germany denounced the attack as barbaric and uncalled for. Over a million Jews and Slavs in concentration camps were obliterated by the Russian attack. Over the next few years, the war would escalate with the Russian border becoming a sea of corpses, and both German and Japanese attacks against eachother even further adding to the death toll. Britain stated that they would align themselves against both Russia and Germany, and President Harriman stated he would both aid Britain and support Japan's navy against Germany. Negotiations for Japanese-America were planned in late 1959.

The Collapse of American Society

Although there was a high approval rating for President Harriman, nevertheless he did not have the power to stop America from collapsing into anarchy. As the chief concern of daily life became absolute fear, entire neighborhoods began migrating into sealed vaults that promised to save society from nuclear war. As vaults became full, and the corporations and religious institutions told them that they did not have enough money to gain entrance, riots broke out. Policemen reportedly were shot out of cities, and American flags were burned on the streets. Over a million emigrated from America, with a significant portion even fleeing to Mexico with hopes that a Catholic oath would get them the protection they needed. With the cities in complete chaos, the government had no power nor influence to enforce laws. President Harriman, worried about his image being compared with Earl Browder, stated he would not use presidential authority to create a military curfew. However, those in the military stated that Harriman lacked initiative and leadership to protect America from this dangerous era.

The Beginning of Civilization's End

As nuclear war was imminent, with every major nuclear power shouting from their nuclear arsenal, the American people demanded a system of government that would not hesitate to defend the United States. With the government weak, and the society fractured, the military stepped in to restore order. Led by General Lyman Lemnitzer, the United States were ready to bring down the world if the disastrous game of nuclear war was to be initiated. On July 1st, 1959, President Harriman relinquished his right to presidency and accepted desperate measures for desperate times.

Link to video.

Disclaimer
Spoiler :
You are reading it right. As far as the DoC game is concerned, we have lost; although I was assured we could make it through the brief post-communist instability, I was wrong and collapse is unavoidable. The rest of the story will not be connected to the actual DoC game, rather a narrative conclusion to this long, detailed story. There will be exactly 5 more updates.

Wait what? How could we let ourselves collapse? Well, at least we'll have a story of the rest of America.

I honestly thought we'd be able to pull through this crisis, but I guess I was wrong.

Excuse me while I MOTHERF******* S*** SON OF A B**** F***. I'm actually quite upset at this. Damn....

We can survive this; just worldbuild a golden age, build some villages, and get your opponents out of your core.

I don't think we should do that but it is RT's call.

Don't. If we die then it is a natural end. Everything must have a start and a finish. That includes civilizations.

Link to video.
This is a song dedicated to the end of RT's America story

And TheNoob, that was beautiful if you imagine a dramatic end as the protagonist looks on as the mushroom cloud rises into the air. :D

The Toronto Tribunal
The 4th International's Response to the collapse of America
=========================================================
Luna announces to the world that the 4th International officially secedes and declares war on the U.S.A (or what's left of it). With an army of 1 million men gathered from every corner of earth (and funded with support from fellows like Michael Linz's successor) where Trotsky's word is akin to the word of god, Luna promises her comrades that nothing can stand in her way for possible global dominance. Following this she declared herself "Supreme Leader of the World's Trotskyists" and the newly formed "Third Triumvirate" made between the Trotskyists, the USSR, and Mexico. To cement the alliance with the USSR and Mexico she admitted that she had killed Montezuma Moai in order to cement her absolute power.With her massive army, she claims to soon create "The New Roman Empire."

With the backing of Mexico and the USSR, it is uncertain if the world can stop such an ambitious tyrant who was more of a megalomaniac than Hitler or Stalin, or even Browder.

=================

that's right everyone, operation Eternal Night is ago, The global revolution is upon us!

The Toronto Tribunal
The 4th International's Response to the collapse of America
=========================================================
Luna announces to the world that the 4th International officially secedes and declares war on the U.S.A (or what's left of it). With an army of 1 million men gathered from every corner of earth (and funded with support from fellows like Michael Linz's successor) where Trotsky's word is akin to the word of god, Luna promises her comrades that nothing can stand in her way for American dominance, and possibly global dominance in the future. Following this she declared herself "Supreme Leader of the World's Trotskyists" and the newly formed "Third Triumvirate" made between the Trotskyists, the USSR, and Mexico. To cement the alliance with the USSR and Mexico she admitted that she had killed Montezuma Moai in order to cement her absolute power. Within days she has overrun the former confederacy and Washington area, forming what she calls "The New Roman Empire."

With the backing of Mexico and the USSR, it is uncertain if the world can stop such an ambitious tyrant who was more of a megalomaniac than Hitler or Stalin, or even Browder.

=================

that's right everyone, operation Eternal Night is ago, The global revolution is upon us!

Uh Moai RT's already said he's gotten the final 5 updates done.

I, Thomas Knowles, apprentice to the deceased Senator Simon Golson, wish to join this "New Roman Empire" in the hopes of bringing back liberty and justice to the workers of the world.

All hail the glorious revolution!

alright, let's say the million troops are paratroopers, and with the collapse of America the 4th International has moved into Constantinople, and from there is conquering roman lands.
All land Russia owns in this area was bought by Luna in order to fund the USSR and avoid future conflict

New Roman Empire, 1 month after it's declaration:

Attachments

• Lunaempire.png
    Lunaempire.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 207
Well, I apologize to my father's memory, but I have sold his estate and officially moved to the city of Constantinople/Istanbul. I cannot wait to work further with Luna. Now that the US is...out of the picture...the world is limitless

I plan on wrapping up my character soon, I want to write one of those "where are they now" things when it's all done. Any ideas?

I, Thomas Knowles, apprentice to the deceased Senator Simon Golson, wish to join this "New Roman Empire" in the hopes of bringing back liberty and justice to the workers of the world.

All hail the glorious revolution!

:bump:

After talking things over with my Father we shall also be moving to the new Roman Empire. We have no choice really with the US having collapsed and everything we worked for going up in smoke. We can hope that Luna will remember the good my father did when he was allied with her Father.

I will remain in the grateful USA. I, Cacoon King, and my son, Butterfly King, will continue on the communist dream in these Fractured States of America.

I cannot leave these collapsing US states as I just don't have it in my heart. I can't run away and hide myself when there are people that I govern being killed and tortured! I must stay here in South Africa, and work with anyone I can to stop the killing; to stop the death.

I cannot let the fear of annihilation prevent me from doing what I am supposed to do, and what is right. I must fight for the lives of citizens.

I write this letter so that it may be donated to the museum in Cape Town when I depart, and if Cape Town is destroyed, then may it travel to Salisbury. I feel terrible for what I have done to worsen the lives of citizens in these fractured states. I must repent my sins, and fight for what is right.

-Daniel François Malan, days before he left to work with militaristic and diplomatic officials on how to fix the South African states

Top Bottom