The Democratic Caliphate.

Thanks! :goodjob:

I think I'm more fond of helping then creating. Back when I was a teenager I used to help the Master in our D&D game organizing stuff, making better Player Sheets for our friends that played with us, tracking important values and stuff like that. When I tried to be the master it was a disaster. I had the best maps and other materials, but my story was boring and monotonous.

The years following the major confrontation with the Seljuks were relatively peaceful, outside of some small rebellions. The Ummah expanded outside its borders, and new peoples were greeted.

With the capture of Qunstantiniyah, the city needed to guard its navies properly from pirates in the north and the south. A navy from ash-Sham was sent to the city to provide it with adequate naval defence:

Foreign Affairs:
Many scripts made by scholars in the Ummah were traded to the Song Empire for gold, expanding our reserve:

Peoples from various civilizations came to greet us, including the Bulandiyyin, a catholic peoples who have built settlements in the area between the Rus and the Alemaniyyin (Germans):

The Maliyyin, who are part of the Muslim community.:

Do you remember the army that was tasked to go to Zanzibar by going across the desert, but had to return to Misr? Legends say that various individuals left that army and decided to travel across the Niger River until they met this West African civilization. They explained Islam to the King there, and he gladly accepted it:

Because the Mali did not know much about Islam other than its basic tenets, we have sent to them some scholars who will integrate into their communities and teach them more about the faith. In return, the Mali gave us a sum of gifts such as gems and ivory, and gave us knowledge of their area. We have also freed our borders for one another:

The new Muslim government in Aksum sought to improve trade relations with us, and offered some of their countries' aromas for iron (Oh , I just realized that is a bad idea). We accepted:

The Song Empire demanded a large sum of wealth in return for their friendship. We declined. They are not our friends until they become our brothers in Islam:

Crete belongs to the Ummah:
The walls of our cities are beginning to constrict. Many found opportunities to live in one of the largest islands in the Mediterranean, Crete. The Caliph approved of this movement. Galleys waited in Syria to pick up the settlers. They would land on the island and build for themselves the new city, Rabd al-Handaq. Overtime, the settlers would get the local populace to join Islam as well. For now, Rabd al-Handaq will belong to Dar ash-Sham, and their administration will govern the island:

Moorish Assault on Belgrad, 1129 AD:
A force of mujahidin from the Maghreb, inspired by the taking of Qunstantiniyah, conducted a siege against the fortified city of Belgrad, which was under the control of a feudal lord who is rumoured to drink the blood of his enemies (Vlad the Impaler, anyone?). So far, they have been unsuccessful:

Meanwhile, many guilds started to open up all over the Ummah. A guild is currently trying to open up a coffee plantation East of Sana'a. They believe that it can be a profitable commodity:

Qunstantiniyah was known as the city of Guilds, and traders from all around the world gathered there to trade:

The first of many achievements of the Ummah is being the largest civilization in the world during this era:

Nidham al-Adl:
The Grandmaster of the espionage organization ordered his followers to gather more knowledge about Iran. Army sizes of the Seljuks were counted. Their cities are heavily fortified with archers, and they have a large force of warriors stationed in Persepolis, the holy city of the Zoroastrian faith:

Attempts were made to learn Chinese bureaucratic methods for the benefit of the Ummah, but they failed, and all of our informants in the East were caught:

Acknowledging this, the Grandmaster trained several more followers about the arts of covert operations in As-Sur. They would be tasked to head again to the East.

To the surprise of the spies, they have detected the large Ghulam army of the Seljuks heading East, possibly into India. A large army of people known as the Kharazmids also waited outside the borders of the Chinese city of Afrosiyab, awaiting the command to take the city.

Very little is known about the battle, but when the spies reached the city, it was under the control of the Kharazmids. The spies now have to travel further east to learn about Chinese bureaucracy:

To be continued:

The Conspiracy: Helping King Sigurdardóttir attain power:

Messengers were sent to the Alemaniyyin to invite them to Islam. All the Lords and Kings of the area rejected the message, except for a man known as King Sigurdardóttir. He is the ruler of a small principality in the Kalmar region. He was a follower of Nordic paganism and wasn't interested in joining Islam. However, he promised that if the Ummah were to help him expand his power and attain the Holy Roman throne, he would make Islam the official religion of the Holy Roman Empire, and would allow our scholars into the region.

With the donation of equipment, resources, espionage tactics, mercenaries and assassins, King Sigurdardóttir won the throne by the sword. As promised, he tolerated the Islamic religion:

The Rus feared King Sigurdardóttir, because they believed he was too greedy and would try to take their kingdoms as well. They tried to get the Ummah to end the treaties with him, but the Ummah favours those who are tolerant to Islam more than those who aren't:

Because of King Sigurdardóttir, Muslims were given a leeway deep into Western Europe, some even venturing as far as Ireland, where some of the Lords accepted them well:

Zanj Rebellion of 1144 A.D:
Considered one of the largest attacks on Zanzibar, the second rebellion was orchestrated by various tribes around the area, seeking to end Islam in Zanzibar once and for all. When they greeted the city, they were surprised by its walls, which forced them to stop and improvise. They are men of the jungle, and used them as coverage.

This proved to be really troublesome for us, and a long campaign was required to finally subdue the last remaining resistance in the jungles:

And here is the end of the update.

I wonder if we should make it a goal to have every civ have Islam as their state religion by "insertyearhere!"

It's much harder than you think. I've tried that at least 3 times, one time with the USA. Failed always.

Especially in RFC, most religion spreading is scripted. Even if I spread Islam all over Mexico, Catholicism will still spread there, and the Mexicans will choose Catholicism.

There are Unique Religious Victories, however.

To win a URV as Islam, we need to have 7 great people in Makkah, 50% of the world adopt Islam and control 5 holy cities.

If we can get that done by the last turn of the game, we will win.

Well the Mongol hordes and China will hopefully destroy each other, so we won't have a significant threat to the East for a while. And since Ethiopia shares our state religion, maybe if we grow powerful enough, and if it falls behind on the world power graph, we can peace vassal it.

And don't forget the Safavids and Egypt once where unstable

Like the Selyuqs, the mongols will probably spawn troops inside our territory, so maybe it won't be as easy as it seems. And China is collapsing, so as soon as the mongols arrive they will probably just cease to exist. Let us hope the mongols and the selyuqs have some fierce battles.

And can Egypt re-appear if we are stable?

As nobody said anything about my map purchase proposal yet, I'm bringing it here so more people see it and state their opinion.

I proposed to the Council to spend 25:gold: to buy 5 maps: HRE, France, Cordoba, Mali and Ethiopia. Each wants 5:gold: and they are the only known civs that would sell us their map.

It's not expensive and will surely help me drawing my next maps for this council. I would like this to be decided early because I may release the maps before the council is concluded, for better plans.

What the muslim community and the counselors think of this?

Top Bottom