Israel, Philistines and Biblical Civilizations

Sorryg wanted to answer before but got kind of sidetracked... I like the idea, but seeing how specific it is I think it wouldwork betterly as a decision or event :)

So, do Great Prophets, Missionaries &c stack? If so, this might be the way to go.

Decision:-
Sound The Horn
Cost:-
2 Mag.
800 :c5gold: Gold
300 :c5faith: Faith
Reqs:-
Have yet to Reform your Religion
Must be able to create a non-Mounted Melee unit of over 15 :c5strength: Strength
Must have a Temple in the :c5capital: Capital

Melee Units stacked on top of Religious Units (Missionaries, GPs, and Inquisitors) gain the Horn Of Joshua promotion, which grants a percentage boost to Combat Strength when attacking Cities. This boost is based on the Faith output of the Empire. In addition, you may ignore any bonuses to City Defensiveness against the next Major Civilisation you declare war upon; this bonus disappears after Puppeting or Annexing one of that Civilisation's Cities.
---
What I had in mind was, say, +0.5% Combat Strength bonus when attacking Cities per 1 Faith. Maybe more, maybe less. Iunno. I think it might be interesting, but I have no idea at all how to code it... quelle surprise. =]

You can either go to the Steam link (search in the Steam Workshop) and subscribe for it to download and install automatically... OR, you can download manually from the link at the first post, and extract the rar into your My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS folder...

Anyway... Teasing time! The process of getting these guys ingame is nearing completion, soon you shall be able to feast like a real philistine!

May thou pillage and plunder thy neighbour twas glory of Dagon.

Super excited to see how they end up to be.

You can either go to the Steam link (search in the Steam Workshop) and subscribe for it to download and install automatically... OR, you can download manually from the link at the first post, and extract the rar into your My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS folder...

Anyway... Teasing time! The process of getting these guys ingame is nearing completion, soon you shall be able to feast like a real philistine!

Can you post a city list, please?

Philistines Released!

Philistine Civilization
  • Leader: Abimelech
  • UA: Mishkeh Feasts: Whenever a city is conquered or a new luxury resource is connected to the empire, the first 5 cities receive an instant amount of :c5faith:Faith and :c5gold:Gold
  • UU: Peleset: Philistine replacement for Spearman. May embark, receiving an extra move while embarked and starts with the Amphibious promotion. Earns :c5gold: Gold upon attacking a city
  • UB: Brewery: Philistine replacement for Colosseum. +1 :c5happy:Happiness. Costs no manteinance. +1 :c5faith:Faith and :c5gold:Gold on Wine and Wheat.

Screenshots!

Special thanks to Tomatekh, Regalman and Viregel for writing the pedias!

Musical Credits

Peace Music: Eastern Dreams, part of 0 A.D. OST.
War Music: Against the Rock, part of Medieval 2 - Kingdoms Crusdes

About Decisions and Events, well, you can check the Spoiler if you want ;)

Spoiler :

So... Finally! The Philistines are here. As you can see the Brewery no longer grants a promotion but rather costs no manteinance. This is to help the early warmongering feeling of the civ.

After testing them, I can say I'm very pleased on how they ended up. Their decisions also add a lot of flavour so please try them... If you're worried on the amount of Faith and Gold earned through feasts, don't worry, in my tests it didn't give me a huge advantage. They do help (almost secure) founding a pantheon though, as the first Feast you get will get you more than enough faith for one (especially if you don't go Pottery, and instead go for whatever tech is better for improving the resource you started near with)

Thanks for making this civ!

Playing with the Philistines at the moment, and I have to say it's a really fun civ to play as, like, it's the first time I actually enjoyed playing civ in a long time :D Their decisions also are pretty fun, and their overpricedness match the philistine UA of making tons of gold. BUT even then I still think their unique ability is too strong. Firstly because I founded my religion in turn 42 only by connecting a few resources near my capital and trading them, secondly because by turn 100, when I had four cities and began my warmongering (Against the poor yakuts, sorry Hiram :lol:), I made tons of gold (and faith) by simply capturing cities and getting their resources, or by allying a city state that has a resource that I dont. Those values really needs a nerf. As a solution you could nerf both, randomly grant only faith or only gold, or make the values themselves random.

But I really loved this civ's design anyway! :)

Would you say half values would be good?

Yea it sounds good, I think.

edit: Also if you are going for that, you should decrease the decision gold costs a little bit as well :mischief: (At least for the Sea People one, since it should be before the medieval era.)

Ok, updated! (I know that was quick, but I'd rather update now that is early rather than later when I start working on other things)

Is the bonus scaling with game speed? also is it possible to make so the Faith and Gold bonus to distributed randomly but always equal to the full amount e.g. quick the total amount would be 150 so f=faith g=gold f=90%-10% g=100%−f.

Is the bonus scaling with game speed? also is it possible to make so the Faith and Gold bonus to distributed randomly but always equal to the full amount e.g. quick the total amount would be 150 so f=faith g=gold f=90%-10% g=100%−f.

I don't know if there's a need to scale it with game speed, at least for gold. For example, the bonus gold from Germany and Spain's UAs is the same amount on all game speeds. Faith might be a good idea since the pantheon/prophet thresholds get higher on slower speeds.

Prices scale downward with faster game speed so I don't know why the gold shouldn't increase since clearing a camp also scales, also the free gold from finding wonders in Marathon doesn't make filthy rich as it does in Quick.

Top Bottom