Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Still the same. Mousing over the leaders doesn't show any information except if we are at war/friends, covet lands and such. No info on ongoing trades, availble ressources and all the other stuff that it used to tell. As far as I remember, it showed all these things in v 1.17

Bc1. can you help please ?

I have read all the instructions in OP several times.

Heheee! Found out that it was a thing in the "Reform and Rule" mod that conflicted. So its solved now :)

Hey, firstly have to say absolutely excellent mod! If firaxis don't "borrow" your intuitive UI tricks for future iterations they're missing a trick.

However, one issue. It seems this mod disables my ability to zoom in and out in-game, which prevents me from buying tiles under the city banner but is primarily a problem because I play completely in strategic view (playing on crappy laptop) and I can't zoom in to see city production, growth rate, cultural expansion etc at a glance.

I do play with other mods, so I've yet to test if it is specifically this mod causing the problem. My apologies if that isn't the case

Ok, Im have a couple of questions:

1. Am I just blind (if so please provide a screenshot as to end my suffering) or is there no option in the diplomacy screen to declare war on other players in MP? Since I installed the mod I had to declare war by running my units into other peoples' lands.
2. Is there a way to disable the unit panel on the left side without disabling all the other functionalities of the UnitPanel pack?

Thanks in advance.

Is there a link to this on the Steam Workshop?
no
It seems this mod disables my ability to zoom in and out in-game, which prevents me from buying tiles under the city banner but is primarily a problem because I play completely in strategic view (playing on crappy laptop) and I can't zoom in to see city production, growth rate, cultural expansion etc at a glance.
this should not happen, make sure you have the latest EUI version installed correctly and check for mod conflicts
is there no option in the diplomacy screen to declare war on other players in MP? Since I installed the mod I had to declare war by running my units into other peoples' lands
I hardly ever get the time to play MP - please try attached beta
  • adds civilization ribbon player connection indicator: yellow = connecting, green = connected, red = host, mouse over tooltip shows ping, click to kick player (host only)
  • adds control-click action on civilization ribbon leader icon to declare war (BNW only)
is there a way to disable the unit panel on the left side without disabling all the other functionalities of the UnitPanel pack?
not yet

Cheers

Thanks bc, my mistake anyway as I tried the "pinch" technique on my tracker pad outside the game and it doesn't work anyway.

should have checked before posting, sorry for wasting your time!

So... wow. Just wow.

How I've gone over 1000 hours on this game without this DLC I have no idea. :eek:

It's perfect. The only thing I could possibly ask for would be a way to tell, at a glance, which religion each player counted as following. Currently I have to go to Tourism -> look for the 25% modifier, or count cities. If anyone has a better way please let me know!!

would it be possible to add to the civ ribbon a number that shows the strenght of your army compared to that civ, similar to how it works in the BUG mod for civ4? I find being able to tell at a glance if I need more troops is very very useful :)

[to_xp]Gekko;13442789 said:
would it be possible to add to the civ ribbon a number that shows the strenght of your army compared to that civ, similar to how it works in the BUG mod for civ4? I find being able to tell at a glance if I need more troops is very very useful :)

The following is all he needs to add where he builds the leader tooltip, and add an entry (one line) to that tooltip calling the following function that mimics the wording and calculation of the military advisor:

Code:
-- Mimics the Military Advisor's comments on relative power using the same formulas
-- glider1, Aristos
function getMilitaryPowerText(iPlayer)
	local basePower = 30;
	local ourPower = basePower + Players[Game.GetActivePlayer()]:GetMilitaryMight();
	local hisPower = basePower + Players[iPlayer]:GetMilitaryMight();
	local milRatio =  100 * hisPower / ourPower;

if milRatio >= 250 then
		return "[COLOR_RED]IMMENSE";
	elseif milRatio >= 165 then
		return "[COLOR_PLAYER_ORANGE_TEXT]POWERFUL";
	elseif milRatio >= 115 then
		return "[COLOR_YELLOW]STRONG";
	elseif milRatio >= 85 then
		return "[COLOR_WHITE]SIMILAR";
	elseif milRatio >= 60 then
		return "[COLOR_CYAN]INFERIOR";
	elseif milRatio >= 40 then
		return "[COLOR:69:130:181:255]WEAK";
	else
		return "[COLOR_GREEN]PATHETIC";
	end

end

I hardly ever get the time to play MP - please try attached beta
  • adds civilization ribbon player connection indicator: yellow = connecting, green = connected, red = host, mouse over tooltip shows ping, click to kick player (host only)
  • adds control-click action on civilization ribbon leader icon to declare war (BNW only)

Great, I'll try it out :)

Thanks for the effort.

Every time I try to install EUI, Civ crashes upon opening. It gets to the title screen and the music plays but before it can warn me that online interactions may include salty language, the program craps out and I'm staring at my desktop.

I'm on a mac and have followed the instructions provided. There is only one thing I notice that is at all different: instead of Civilization V.app, I have Civilization V: Brave New World.app. I doubt that is the problem but I can't find where else I screwed up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I've used EUI on an underpowered Mac without any problem.

I'd do all the "standard" things first --
- run Disk Utility to repair the HD, repair permissions
- make sure you have the latest version of the game and EUI
- clear out the cache for Civ

You could also use the freeware application Onyx to clear out old caches and do some cleaning. Find it on MacUpdate.com

I've also got BNW.app, so it won't be that ...

You don't say if you have the Steam version or the Mac App Store version of Civ. Steam.app can sometimes be a little tetchy. And what version of the OS are you using? If it's old -- or too new (Yosemite beta?) -- it might make a difference.

Oh, and Civ usually crashes when I exit the game -- but at that point I don't really care!

I cannot install the Enchanced UI on my PC. I place "UI_bc1" into my "Assets/DLC" folder yet nothing occurs.

If I load my present game, the Enchanced UI doesn't work/load, same with starting a new game.

EDIT: I restarted my computer and tried a new game, Enchanced UI still doesn't work.

Hi. Great mod.

I've got a conflict with another mod when I'm using the civilopedia. If I enable the mod once, then EUI's game setup civilopedia works fine. If I hit back from the game setup screen to return to the mod browser, change nothing with regard to the mod setup (still using just the one mod), and then advance back to the game setup screen again, the civilopedia breaks.

The mod that I'm using adds text to the language file. I believe that the EUI is adding them when the mod is loaded, and then not removing them when the mod is unloaded. This can be observed by checking the original Start > Other screen civilopedia before mods are loaded and then again afterwards. Attached is a lua log.

Spoiler :

[4869.796] Initializing Lua 5.1.4
[4942.546] OptionsMenu: Loading EUI option menu... 76.54
[4942.562] OptionsMenu: Finished loading EUI option menu 76.545
[4942.687] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[4942.687] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[4942.718] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[4942.718] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[4954.890] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[4954.890] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[4954.953] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[4954.953] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[4987.015] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(12)
[4987.015] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryTerrain].DisplayList
[4987.031] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(1)
[4987.031] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryHomePage].DisplayList
[4987.046] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(12)
[4987.046] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryTerrain].DisplayList
[4987.062] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(1)
[4987.062] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryHomePage].DisplayList
[4987.078] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(10)
[4987.078] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryCivilizations].DisplayList
[4987.093] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryCivilizations].SelectArticle
[4987.093] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(10)
[4987.125] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryCivilizations].SelectArticle
[4989.296] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(15)
[5009.906] OptionsMenu: Loading EUI option menu... 143.89
[5009.906] OptionsMenu: Finished loading EUI option menu 143.894
[5010.015] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[5010.015] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[5010.062] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[5010.062] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[5010.218] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[5010.218] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[5036.953] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(12)
[5036.953] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryTerrain].DisplayList
[5036.968] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(1)
[5036.968] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryHomePage].DisplayList
[5036.984] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(12)
[5036.984] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryTerrain].DisplayList
[5036.984] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(1)
[5036.984] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryHomePage].DisplayList
[5037.015] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(10)
[5037.015] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryCivilizations].DisplayList
[5037.015] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryCivilizations].SelectArticle
[5037.031] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(10)
[5037.062] CivilopediaScreen: CivilopediaCategory[CategoryCivilizations].SelectArticle
[5038.859] CivilopediaScreen: SetSelectedCategory(15)
[5142.890] OptionsMenu: Loading EUI option menu... 276.881
[5142.906] OptionsMenu: Finished loading EUI option menu 276.886
[5143.062] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[5143.062] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[5143.125] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[5143.125] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()
[5143.343] InstalledPanel: Refreshing Mods
[5143.343] InstalledPanel: GetModBrowserListings()

Thanks for your time.

Basically, quitting a game to the main menu returns the civilopedia to an unmodded state, but hitting back from the game setup screen while using EUI doesn't.

I've used EUI on an underpowered Mac without any problem.

I'd do all the "standard" things first --
- run Disk Utility to repair the HD, repair permissions
- make sure you have the latest version of the game and EUI
- clear out the cache for Civ

Thanks for the suggestions. After a few more crashes, I eventually got EUI up and running. Looking at the lua.log file helped me determine that the problem was unrelated to EUI. Some map I had downloaded was messed up. For whatever reason, EUI compounded the problem and the program crashed. Once I deleted the bad map, everything worked perfectly.

I cannot install the Enchanced UI on my PC. I place "UI_bc1" into my "Assets/DLC" folder yet nothing occurs.

If I load my present game, the Enchanced UI doesn't work/load, same with starting a new game.

EDIT: I restarted my computer and tried a new game, Enchanced UI still doesn't work.

Deleted Civ V off Steam, restarted my computer and re-installed Steam. Doesn't work.

For some reason "UC_bc1" was in my "Assets/DLC" folder when i re-downloaded Civ V.

Deleted Civ V off Steam, restarted my computer and re-installed Steam. Doesn't work.

For some reason "UC_bc1" was in my "Assets/DLC" folder when i re-downloaded Civ V.
What is the exact path to your Assets/DLC directory (an make sure to mask private names in the path)?

Top Bottom