Dawn of Russians

Sorry i'm a bit late. I was gone this weekend. If building the navy will leave the city underdeveloped cut it down to the galley before improving the city.

Don't worry. The navy is trained (it is the 10nth or 11nth screenshot). I lent you Moscvan workers to build the pasture. A harbour is partially built and a worker is being trained (check last screenshot, Sankt-Peterburg can be seen in the background).

I wish for buildings of a cultural nature to be built in Uglish, Grand Duke.

Don't worry. The navy is trained (it is the 10nth or 11nth screenshot). I lent you Moscvan workers to build the pasture. A harbour is partially built and a worker is being trained (check last screenshot, Sankt-Peterburg can be seen in the background).

Ok then. I would suggest we cottage every non-hill grassland tile that doesn't have a resource on it.

I would want to establish the Russian Patriarchate in Kiev when its possible (Build the Orthodox Cathedral in Kiev when it's available)

Revolution is over:
Antiunionists-Unionists: 1-8
Aristocraticists-Absolutists: 7-2
Monarchists-Democrats: 8-1

Crier's speech:
The revolution is over! The Grand Duke accepted the merchants' claims! They will set up their guilds.

Crier's speech:
Duke Caterpillar is blamed for treason! He lost his title. He is replaced in royal council by his homonymous son. His duchy is under military occupation!

Caterpillar: Be careful which side you chose in next revolution :D. You roleplay as your son from now on.

This period was the first major internal crisis in Moscovian history. Merchants requested to regulate their matters on their own instead of local dukes. Bureaucrats wanted to take control of the day to day management of the Grand Duchy from local dukes. Duke of Uglish wanted to overthrough Ivan's control and reform his duchy to an indepedent city-state!

However, all (except duke of Uglish) stayed loyal to the Ivan, so he could manage the crisis successfully. Ivan accepted the merchants claims, but their powers are limited to their corresponding markets, while they have to stay loyal to their local dukes.

Bureaucrats cried that local dukes will make them inefficient, but they accepted Great Duke's decisions. Ivan intervered in Uglish and imprisoned the duke setting his duchy under military control. Literature lovers hated Ivan for this decision. They revenged him by calling him "terrible" in their works. A characterization that remained in history.

The crisis was over after some years.

The royal counsil was occupied with the crisis, so Ivan had to decide alone what scholars should discover next. He decided engineering might help against nomads.

The Caricynian army was completed in 1189AD. A shining example that all other duchies indluding Moscow should immitate.

Ivan upgraded all mounted units in the empire paying a large cost, but it worthed it.

An explosion occured near Uglish. It seems Uglishians didn't like what Ivan did to their duke, and he should pay the price.

In the year 1204 a gifted child was found in Moscow. He was the son of the librarian, who worked in the local forge. His ideas were interesting and scholars were amased by his wisedom.

Meanwhile the khganate of Kazan established control in the east. Ivan ordered the caricynian cavalry to conquer it.

Unfortunately, Kazanians were stronger than expected. One third of Caricynian cavalry died.

Spoiler :

Unregistered Duchies:
Uglish, (probably) Kazan

Duke TheNoob:
Mines and farm are built. Army is trained.

Duke Matthias I:
Longbows are trained, and now Kiev trains the crossbows. An orthodox temple is in production qeueu in Kiev, Moskwa and Uglish, but you have to persuade an other duke to build the fourth temple for you.

Duke Bigfoot:
Worker is building cottages in the countryside.

Royal council:
What should we do with Mikhail Lomonosov?

We have information that a great nomadic warlord in far east is moving in the west. (We all know that Mongols will attack us sooner or later.)
What army should we prepare? Currently we have 6 longbows, 4 heavy horsemen, a swordman (upgradable to heavy swordman) and a navy (2 triremes and a galley). 2 crossbows and 2 heavy horsemen are being trained. I estimate we will conquer Kazan without further losses.

Should we continue to research engineering or switch to music and military tradition?

I call dibs on the barbarian city that just spawned near Carycin! You may address me as Duchess Knoedelkova ingame.

I think we should build an academy, either in Moscow or Leningrad Petrograd Sankt Petersburg.

Why did you attack across the river?

I wanted to pause the game with Kazan conquered. But on second thought, Lomonosov could wait one more turn. :(

I say we build more longbows, build an institute with Mikhail, and continue researching engineering.

Also, after the monastery, train 2 more longbows to protect my city, 1 more knight to replenish the ones lost, and a crossbow that I wish to help protect Kazan from the warlord to the east.

Build another farm 1S of my city, and a cottage 1S 1E

So now what do I do?

I wish to reclaim Uglich once it is relinquished from military occupation.

Lady Knoedelkova, I suppose you claim Kazan? If that is the case, what will you do with Kazan, if you take control of it?

Granary->Forge->Barracks, if someone is kind enough to lend me a worker I'd like to build and work farms on every riverside tile. If someone were to spread the one true faith to the city tht would be grand.

I say we build more longbows,

We need units that can defend well. Build more longbows!

I thought of knights. Longbows can only defend. If their city is sieged and caulaterally damaged, they are doomed. Knights can attack and retreat to heal. Moreover, knights are more powerful than longbows and we can train them better. Anyway, how many of them?

I thought of knights. Longbows can only defend. If their city is sieged and caulaterally damaged, they are doomed. Knights can attack and retreat to heal. Moreover, knights are more powerful than longbows and we can train them better. Anyway, how many of them?

At least 3.

Crier's speech:
Uglish is relinquished by military occupation.The grand Duke anoints lord Caterpillar duke of Uglish!

Top Bottom