MadJinn's PAC Game

I'm not sure I buy that changes from Civ 4 to Civ 5 have geared the game more towards MP. Natural wonders, city states and more unique and contextual Civ-bonuses have IMO made it less geared towards MP.

I'm not sure I buy that changes from Civ 4 to Civ 5 have geared the game more towards MP. Natural wonders, city states and more unique and contextual Civ-bonuses have IMO made it less geared towards MP.

Good thing they pretty much got rid of those for beyond earth then.

Good thing they pretty much got rid of those for beyond earth then.

The only things in his list that have gone are the natural wonders. And I'd be surprised if those weren't back in an expansion or DLC - they're such an obvious addition and were in both Civ 5 and Alpha Centauri.

Seems like it was a huge waste of resources to take out Polystralia after crippling them and then going to war with Franco-Iberia. Might it have been a better idea to found in that valley FI grabbed and taken the remaining land in the south-east?

Or did you just want to show off the lev tanks?

Always playing it safe, with no room for mistakes, makes for a boring stream to watch.

Not that you have to purposefully make dumb decisions to provide something interesting, but you do have to lean towards risky choices whenever opportunities appear.

Always playing it safe, with no room for mistakes, makes for a boring stream to watch.

Not that you have to purposefully make dumb decisions to provide something interesting, but you do have to lean towards risky choices whenever opportunities appear.

Are you sure you're watching the same stream as the rest of us?

MD's Pac game gave him a super nation, all the other nations was outperformed, after the first war (Where he kind of risked everything, by not making enough military before the AI DoW'ed, in the end it paid off massively to focus so heavy on non-military stuff though, that he could go from zero military to total supremacy in a few turns.).

He gambled from the very start. He concentrated entirely on infrastructure, and the only military units he built, iirc, were three tacjets. He lost two cities before his counterattack went in. I'd say there was plenty of risk taking.

I would have tried to get open borders when he was feigning friendly and sent a scout in. If Hutama refused, he could still have used his spies to get vision of Poly's cities. The quest for the nest seemed a bit pointless as well. If he had had those units at home, he wouldn't have lost his second city.

Anyway, I like Hutama. He's friendly and handsome and strong, he took on the Chinese, had generally good goals.

Are you sure you're watching the same stream as the rest of us?

MD's Pac game gave him a super nation, all the other nations was outperformed, after the first war (Where he kind of risked everything, by not making enough military before the AI DoW'ed, in the end it paid off massively to focus so heavy on non-military stuff though, that he could go from zero military to total supremacy in a few turns.).
He gambled from the very start. He concentrated entirely on infrastructure, and the only military units he built, iirc, were three tacjets. He lost two cities before his counterattack went in. I'd say there was plenty of risk taking.
I wasn't implying MD was playing it safe at all. Quite the contrary.

I was replying to Magma_Dragoon, who mentioned MD being wasteful and implying he was playing sub-optimally. Which is true, perhaps, but part of what makes the stream interesting. I suppose I should've quoted.

I wasn't implying MD was playing it safe at all. Quite the contrary.

I was replying to Magma_Dragoon, who mentioned MD being wasteful and implying he was playing sub-optimally. Which is true, perhaps, but part of what makes the stream interesting. I suppose I should've quoted.

yeah, that's how I read your comment.

No worries though, I'll start playing slightly more optimally in the next one, whenever that is.

Top Bottom