Interpreting trade route yields

Danzo_87

Warlord
Firstly if this question had been asked then I apologize, now back to the question:

I am still quite confused with the "arrows" showed when we want to assign which city to send our convoy, for example if I wanna send a convoy from Freeland to Tiangong, so is the <-- arrow means what we will be getting from Freeland, or what we will be sending to Freeland?

You create a trade route from A (source) to B (target):

The arrow pointing to the right is the outgoing arrow. It shows how much the target (B) will receive. The arrow pointing to the left is the ingoing arrow. It shows how much the source (A) will receive.

For internal trade routes, the target will receive more than the source. For international trade routes, the source will receive more than the target.

If you send a trade route from B to A instead of the other way around, the yields will remain the same, but again the target (now A) will receive more than the source.

thanks for the explanation, it was confusing for me because the freaking faction icon was right beside those arrows, giving me the impression that the arrow that pointing to the left is what we are sending to the destination:crazyeye:

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussions

I was also confused by the "incoming" arrows pointing right at the "trade route destination". In general the UI is badly designed. :(

I now how this works and I still get confused whenever I have to choose a route. I thought it was just me. It is indeed wierd to have the destination faction icon being pointed at by the arrows representing your reward.

I wonder 1, how could it be designed better visually, and 2, if weq came up with a better look, will they implement it? Or is this one more thing for the modding community?

It's actually a psychological thing, they're trying to create context switches s.t. you don't think of the sections with little change as being directly copied. It's a way to psychologically deliniate between BE and CiV.

Another one that is consistent on this is their "Would you like to declare war on person x?" screen, they've flipped the order to cause you to have to think about the action you're taking in the game.

Clever, but ultimately really poorly decided on the trade routes.

Instead of using arrows, just use words.

Destination faction icon on the left; on the right:
  • Destination City Name
  • our gains per turn: +7:c5science: science, +5:c5gold: energy
  • their gains per turn: +3:c5science: science, +1:c5gold: energy
It'll actually take less space than repeating the "per turn" on every single yield item.

PS: anyone know if there are CivBE yield icons for use in posts? :)

this is what it should look like, assuming I have a trade route originating in Central:

Can somebody please mod this?

Attachments

• trade.jpg
    trade.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 231
Instead of using arrows, just use words.

Destination faction icon on the left; on the right:
  • Destination City Name
  • our gains per turn: +7:c5science: science, +5:c5gold: energy
  • their gains per turn: +3:c5science: science, +1:c5gold: energy
It'll actually take less space than repeating the "per turn" on every single yield item.
This makes sense.

Top Bottom