Dawn of Russians

The term 1792-1800 is over. After prime-minister's retirement, Feodor Suvorov serves as transitional prime-minister. Elections are held.

Some important matters:
*Economic imbalance.
*Germany becomes stronger and will probably conquer France completely.
*We control the only land oil reserves in Europe. We must keep them at any cost to defend against Germans.
*Our ally Iran requests help. If we are able to conquer Delhi, Mughal empire will probably collapse.

Candidates:
The Populist Party (Grigoryevich Orlov, Wilhelm Borys):
*Wealth on Alaska and Siberia, export in all prices, research at ~10%, widespread construction of custom houses, banks, grocers and markets
*Move army in Sankt-peteburg, Kiev, Lwow, Budapest
*Neutrality in mughals wars
*Liberate China if needed to keep economy alive
*Congress: Give Chinese cities to Asian states, keep the rest

Progressive Party of Russia (Feodor Suvorov, Pliped ):
*mass urbanization, mines in Siberia, give Lahore to the Mughals, Rome to the Germans, and Alaska to Britain.
*support France and Ottomans against Germans, (boycot Germans with spies)
*stop military development
*0% total funding of treasury

Christian One Russia Party (Grigori Yefimovich Tchernin):
*Amendment of article 6: Adopt orthodoxy as state religion
*banks, grocers, markets
*liberate foreign cities if they cost
*0% Espionage
*~10% research
*deficit rule (5% of treasury)
*boycot Germany

Democracy party (VGL):
*Spread Constitutional Monarchy, ally with Constitutional monarchies
*Mass urbanization, banks, markets and other economical buildings
*Increase military
*If Germany becomes constitutional monarchy allies, else prepare
*If Britain becomes ally help them vs Mughals
*If Germany becomes ally help them vs Ottomans
*Egalitarianism, secularism

Populist Party

We have gotten so far without a state religion! Do you want to go back to those days? We are a free, secular nation, and we need to steer clear of having a state religion.

We have gotten so far without a state religion! Do you want to go back to those days? We are a free, secular nation, and we need to steer clear of having a state religion.

Ironically that is itself a statement of dogma. It is based on nothing but your quasi-religious belief. When you reject the religion of your ancestors, the religion inextricably intertwined in Russian history and national identity, you do the country a great disservice. When you then replace it with your own half-baked set of dogmas, you but underline your folly and misguided hubris. For what are we to infer, other than that rather than being opposed to religion, you merely want us to switch into a new religion of your making?

Our nation has made many scientific leaps without a church to burden us! I reject no religion, we must stay secular, no religion. It's the discriminatory Orthodox believers like you that wish to go back to the days where you had supreme authority and could persecute heretics. Our nation needs no state religion, we must stay secular (our civic).

OOC: On another note, you would have to wait even longer because you have to change your civic, wait like 10-20 turns, then change your religion. It is tedious and is not in the best interests of Russia.

Abstain. As I said before the Citizens of Sankt Petersburg are pissed that the country isn't a Republic and will not participate in any elections until Russia becomes a Republic.

Abstain. As I said before the Citizens of Sankt Petersburg are pissed that the country isn't a Republic and will not participate in any elections until Russia becomes a Republic.

I would contest that you coming from aristocratic stock can claim to represent all of St Petersburg

I would contest that you coming from aristocratic stock can claim to represent all of St Petersburg

Go read the newspapers and look at the polls they've been putting out. Even the ones most critical of me and supportive of the Tsar all say that 90%+ of the cities population want a Republic. As for my aristocratic background while I personally don't like it that doesn't mean I can't use it to change Russia for the better.

Although I feel we once landed on the same side of an argument in a previous lifetime, I feel that a Republic would rid Russia of the central leadership it so dearly needs.

Yes Pliped, I'm from Sankt Peterburg myself, and I assure you that not all think like this republican traitor. Wilhelm Borys won't let Sankt Peterburg be considered all traitors.

BTW, Populist Party

Election documents:
Spoiler :

The term 1792-1800 is over. After prime-minister's retirement, Feodor Suvorov serves as transitional prime-minister. Elections are held.

Some important matters:
*Economic imbalance.
*Germany becomes stronger and will probably conquer France completely.
*We control the only land oil reserves in Europe. We must keep them at any cost to defend against Germans.
*Our ally Iran requests help. If we are able to conquer Delhi, Mughal empire will probably collapse.

Candidates:
The Populist Party (Grigoryevich Orlov, Wilhelm Borys):
*Wealth on Alaska and Siberia, export in all prices, research at ~10%, widespread construction of custom houses, banks, grocers and markets
*Move army in Sankt-peteburg, Kiev, Lwow, Budapest
*Neutrality in mughals wars
*Liberate China if needed to keep economy alive
*Congress: Give Chinese cities to Asian states, keep the rest

Progressive Party of Russia (Feodor Suvorov, Pliped ):
*mass urbanization, mines in Siberia, give Lahore to the Mughals, Rome to the Germans, and Alaska to Britain.
*support France and Ottomans against Germans, (boycot Germans with spies)
*0% total funding of treasury

Christian One Russia Party (Grigori Yefimovich Tchernin):
*Amendment of article 6: Adopt orthodoxy as state religion
*banks, grocers, markets
*liberate foreign cities if they cost
*0% Espionage
*~10% research
*deficit rule (5% of treasury)
*boycot Germany

Democracy party (VGL):
*Spread Constitutional Monarchy, ally with Constitutional monarchies
*Mass urbanization, banks, markets and other economical buildings
*Increase military
*If Germany becomes constitutional monarchy allies, else prepare
*If Britain becomes ally help them vs Mughals
*If Germany becomes ally help them vs Ottomans
*Egalitarianism, secularism

Results:
The Populist Party: 3
*Grigoryevich Orlov
*Wilhelm Borys

Progressive Party of Russia: 1
*Feodor Suvorov
*Pliped

Christian One Russia Party: 2
*(none)

Democracy party: 1
*VGL

Blank vote: 0
Invalid: 1
Abstain: 4

GRIGORYEVICH ORLOV FORMS NEW GOVERNMENT
Tsar defines Grigoryevich Orlov new prime minister.

COMPOSITION OF DUMA
*Feodor Suvorov
*Grigoryevich Orlov
*Pliped
*VGL
*Wilhelm Borys

ABSTAIN THE MOST POWERFUL PARTY
One third of Russian citizents didn't vote or participated in any way in the elections.

A WEIRD ELECTION
Russian elections of 1800 are some of weirdest elections in global history. Let's see all the weird events one by one.

Some former nobles who used to abstain declared their retirement from politics, although they never were involved actively. However, they broke their former abstention and voted. So "retirement from politics" means retirement from abstention. Well, the significat part is that they participate at last, so let it be.

The successor faction that led russian revolution to the new system and had won previous elections was almost destroyed. Its leadership renamed the party and then retired anexpectedly from politics. Half of their remaining members decided to support the christian party. However, the new leadership didn't delete him from their lists. So they were elected in Duma with a party they didn't support.

Former major opposition renamed their party too. They adopted the revolutionary name of their rival faction. Some argue that it was just a trick to attract voters. In any case it proved to be a success as they won the elections.

Maybe the most intersting situation is the current major opposition. The christian party could be the major opposition, if at least one of its members were elected in Duma. This rased some serious awareness if the voting system works right. However, the imperial court forced the letter of the law. It decided that the result was in accordance with current laws. Christian party members didn't finished their paperwork. Thus the second most popular party in Russia doesn't have any representative in Duma. However, they still have their supporters of the progressive party elected.

The political chaos that was present in this elections inspired some promiment English mathematicians, like Charles Babbage. He tried to describe chaos in rigid mathematically form and discovered a random number generator.

The mess puzzled Tsar himself. "Do Russian Peoples and Parties vote like sane citizents or they are gambling in lottery?" However, Tsar was the head of state, thus he could control this mess if something went wrong. So he could sleep at nights tranquilly.

Top Bottom