Dawn of Russians

Nikolaiist

OOC:

No vote until now. Interesting. Well, I should make known mine: Kornilovist

I'll make a vote when you answer my questions:

1: How much power will the Duma lose?

2: Will there be elections for dictators?

3: Will there be a prime minister?

4: How much the power does the dictator has? Less or more than the king?

Nikolaist

Until we are granted with information, I am a Nikolaist

I'll make a vote when you answer my questions:

1: How much power will the Duma lose?

2: Will there be elections for dictators?

3: Will there be a prime minister?

4: How much the power does the dictator has? Less or more than the king?

Until we are granted with information, I am a

OOC: This is Kornilov speaking:

You need information? Ok, this is the information I can give you:

At this point Russia is in danger and has two major problems, economy and military. I'm sure you can't understand how serious these problems are. Old nobles being in your palaces, politicians being in Duma enjoing present. You are blind by vanity and the "glory" of your axioms. What do you know about Russia? Have you gone to the streets to see how simple people live? Have you guarded the borders, where German troops build military camps and prepare for a large scale invasion? Have you ever read a single report from our spies who warn us for years, years and years, almost decades, that Germany may crash us in the future?

You rejected plans that could help Russia's economy. Now, you reject plans that could help Russia's military. Continuing this way is suicide.

The only thing that concerns you is your power. "How much power Duma lose?" As much as it needs to make sure Russia will continue to exist tommorrow. Who defines power? You can't understand who really defines power. The power of, Duma, Graftsvos, the tsar, president or anything else depends on Russia's strength. Liberty and social freedom depends highly on the strength of this nation! It doesn't matter who will be leader of Russia, the tsar, me, an elected president. If Russia is weak, none of us has any power.

It isn't a matter of ideas, it is a matter of actions. It is a matter of survival. It is your responsibility to let Russia become a strong and powerful nation. I'm commander-in-chief of this glorious nation and it is my responsibility to make sure that Russia will continue to exist!

Do you remember Mongols? We destroyed their cities and their homeland is part of our empire.

Russia was once the terror of the world. In the congress of Copenhagen requested the amputation of this glorious country. What happened then? Russia refused these laughale claims and fought a global war against all and showed to all major powers of that time that they should never mess-up with Russia. We conquered them even more lands. Ming empire? Collapsed in some years, China is still under occupation. Ottoman empire? We got half Anatolia! Sweden? We copnquered Finland? Mughal empire, we conquered Lahore! France? We conquered Italy! Austria? They aren't even in the map!

And happened now? What did Nikolas did in the congress of Gao? He gave away territories! It is a black page for Russian history and Nikolas will be always memorised as the coward tsar!
Russia is a glorious, tough nation destined to dominate the world. Give me the power to control this glorious nation and lead it to victory! We shouldn't be afraid of Germans. They should be afraid of us! We should become stronger and face them once and for all.

Kornilov's idea of drafting citizens to protect our borders is key to our recovery since our cities can continue to focus on infrastructure without having to train battalions. I support this man's coup, I am a Kornilovist.

OOC: This is Kornilov speaking:

You need information? Ok, this is the information I can give you:

At this point Russia is in danger and has two major problems, economy and military. I'm sure you can't understand how serious these problems are. Old nobles being in your palaces, politicians being in Duma enjoing present. You are blind by vanity and the "glory" of your axioms. What do you know about Russia? Have you gone to the streets to see how simple people live? Have you guarded the borders, where German troops build military camps and prepare for a large scale invasion? Have you ever read a single report from our spies who warn us for years, years and years, almost decades, that Germany may crash us in the future?

You rejected plans that could help Russia's economy. Now, you reject plans that could help Russia's military. Continuing this way is suicide.

The only thing that concerns you is your power. "How much power Duma lose?" As much as it needs to make sure Russia will continue to exist tommorrow. Who defines power? You can't understand who really defines power. The power of, Duma, Graftsvos, the tsar, president or anything else depends on Russia's strength. Liberty and social freedom depends highly on the strength of this nation! It doesn't matter who will be leader of Russia, the tsar, me, an elected president. If Russia is weak, none of us has no power.

It isn't a matter of ideas, it is a matter of actions. It is a matter of survival. It is your responsibility to let Russia become a strong and powerful nation. I'm commander-in-chief of this glorious nation and it is my responsibility to make sure that Russia will continue to exist!

Do you remember Mongols? We destroyed their cities and their homeland is part of our empire.

Russia was once the terror of the world. In the congress of Copenhagen requested the amputation of this glorious country. What happened then? Russia refused these laughale claims and fought a global war against all and showed to all major powers of that time that they should never mess-up with Russia. We conquered them even more lands. Ming empire? Collapsed in some years, China is still under occupation. Ottoman empire? We got half Anatolia! Sweden? We copnquered Finland? Mughal empire, we conquered Lahore! France? We conquered Italy! Austria? They aren't even in the map!

And happened now? What did Nikolas did in the congress of Gao? He gave away territories! It is a black page for Russian history and Nikolas will be always memorised as the coward tsar!
Russia is a glorious, tough nation destined to dominate the world. Give me the power to control this glorious nation and lead it to victory! We shouldn't be afraid of Germans. They should be afraid of us! We should become stronger and face them once and for all.

Please speak as Citis. And don't say you don't know who he is. PLEASE answer my questions.

I, Wilhelm Borys, am Nikolaist

A dictator will never be a legitimate leader, thus the people will always rebel against him, sooner or later.

Also this Kornilov is trying to make Germany seem a lot more powerful and dangerous then it actually is. Our army is incredible, their army is also incredible but our presence on the borders is a lot more intense then theirs.

Together with this, Germans' conquests will mean their doom. They took France, Southern Italy and now Anatolia. They will crumble by their own mistakes (or with a little help from us).

Great Britain is on our side. If Germany tries something stupid they will have to worry with an enemy right beside them on the opposite way from us. They won't be able to launch a full scale attack because England will take them on the opposite front. They will need to split efforts.

And our Tsar's decisions to let the cities of Lahore and K'helsinki be gifted back to their owners was the best he could do. These cities were war prizes from the last congress, the congress that we showed the world our power. This was just a way of balancing things again, without any true russian territory being gifted away. With this he also lifted our coffers from a great burden. There couldn't be a better solution.

And I also beg Boleslav Novak to see beyond Kornilov's disguise. He (Kornilov) thinks we are short-sighted, when actually he is the one that can't understand Russian Economy. Nobles, Politicians and the Tsar are working together for the reconstruction of Russia. The Summer Palace on China has done a great boost to our finances, and also the liberation of the war prizes on the Congress of Gao was enough to get Scientific funding back on track. Kornilov thinks we need to train even more troops, but our economy isn't on the right moment to do that. If we train them as we used to, we will be able to support a growing army without hurting our economy even more. If we follow his plans of drafting (which I don't know where Kornilov stated that, but Novak seems to affirm it's part of his intentions) not only our army will be badly trained for war, but also it'll increase our military expenses a lot and will reduce our capacity of supporting them because the people that work hard to make the russian economy stand will stop working and will be granted a rifle to fight the germans.

So this is my thought on the matter, and I also think Kornilov should be executed for treason!

The commander-in-chief of our military can't disobey the order in such a perilous time. If he was smart enough to win the war first and then propose changes, maybe we could discuss. But a coup at this moment will kill Russia.

Please speak as Citis. And don't say you don't know who he is. PLEASE answer my questions.

If he decided to speak as Kornilov it's because he wanted to. This probably means that the only info he can give you is that. The rest is risk.

So my fellow Democrat, although you seem unhappy with the powers of the Tsar, I think you'll still be a lot closer to your beliefs in our Constitutional Monarchy then in Kornilov's Dictatorship.

You will ruin the work we have put forth in the Duma? I have no time for such nonsense. The people will speak their mind as they please.

I, Wilhelm Borys, am Nikolaist

A dictator will never be a legitimate leader, thus the people will always rebel against him, sooner or later.

Also this Kornilov is trying to make Germany seem a lot more powerful and dangerous then it actually is. Our army is incredible, their army is also incredible but our presence on the borders is a lot more intense then theirs.

Together with this, Germans' conquests will mean their doom. They took France, Southern Italy and now Anatolia. They will crumble by their own mistakes (or with a little help from us).

Great Britain is on our side. If Germany tries something stupid they will have to worry with an enemy right beside them on the opposite way from us. They won't be able to launch a full scale attack because England will take them on the opposite front. They will need to split efforts.

And our Tsar's decisions to let the cities of Lahore and K'helsinki be gifted back to their owners was the best he could do. These cities were war prizes from the last congress, the congress that we showed the world our power. This was just a way of balancing things again, without any true russian territory being gifted away. With this he also lifted our coffers from a great burden. There couldn't be a better solution.

And I also beg Boleslav Novak to see beyond Kornilov's disguise. He (Kornilov) thinks we are short-sighted, when actually he is the one that can't understand Russian Economy. Nobles, Politicians and the Tsar are working together for the reconstruction of Russia. The Summer Palace on China has done a great boost to our finances, and also the liberation of the war prizes on the Congress of Gao was enough to get Scientific funding back on track. Kornilov thinks we need to train even more troops, but our economy isn't on the right moment to do that. If we train them as we used to, we will be able to support a growing army without hurting our economy even more. If we follow his plans of drafting (which I don't know where Kornilov stated that, but Novak seems to affirm it's part of his intentions) not only our army will be badly trained for war, but also it'll increase our military expenses a lot and will reduce our capacity of supporting them because the people that work hard to make the russian economy stand will stop working and will be granted a rifle to fight the germans.

So this is my thought on the matter, and I also think Kornilov should be executed for treason!

The commander-in-chief of our military can't disobey the order in such a perilous time. If he was smart enough to win the war first and then propose changes, maybe we could discuss. But a coup at this moment will kill Russia.

OOC: Kornilov's speaking:

Arrogance, ignorance and rudeness. That's what I see in your sayings. A government under my commands will be more efficient and you know it. The only thing you do is making Russia weaker. When destruction hit Russia's door, I'm sure you will flee to the nearest country to save your life, while we the soldiers will fight the enemy.

What's this I hear about my old friends supporting a wanna-be Caesar named Corncob! Have you all forgotten that we wouldn't even have such a glorious empire if it weren't for our monarchy! My Grandfather fought for the monarchy and I won't let the idiots in the Duma or in their palaces drinking wine destroy it! I, myself, will fight if I have to! I would willingly support an Autocratic Monarchy however. My time as a politician has disillusioned me to the efficiency of the Duma. They are naught but squabbling children easily turned by the sight of gold. All Hail our Glorious and ALMIGHTY EMPEROR! HAIL! HAIL! DEATH TO TRAITORS OF THE CROWN!

Arrogance, ignorance and rudeness. That's what I see in your sayings. A government under my commands will be more efficient and you know it. The only thing you do is making Russia weaker. When destruction hit Russia's door, I'm sure you will flee to the nearest country to save your life, while we the soldiers will fight the enemy.

OOC: This is getting really interesting!

W. Borys: I'm glad you see in my speech exactly what motivated you in the first place. Your arrogance, ignorance and rudeness is what created my answer.

When asked by our fellow Democrat member of the Duma you treated him as garbage. You stated that nobles and politicians can't really understand Russia, this is arrogance. You assume too much. In Duma we have been working to reconstruct Russia. We have nobles and common folks. All sharing their knowledge for a better Russia. Why only you, a man of the army, is the single holder of the truth that will save Russia? Arrogance I say!

Also where do you think our finances come from? Russia is huge, there are several complex sources that add up to enhance our financial situation. The most important of them are the common folk: the farmers, the miners, the builders and the city dwellers. If you suddenly remove them from their families and their job, who do you think will get food, clothes, weapons and the payings of your soldiers? This is ignorance. You may know a lot about battles and about the Geography of our land, but you have no idea how the financial wheel is managed.

And I don't even need to show the others how rude your answer to our fellow democrat sounded. Sir, I beg your pardon, but you are an insane monster, and I hope your execution doesn't take long to happen. I'll sadly watch it as one of our great Generals is executed because he became infected by madness!

OOC: This is getting really interesting!

W. Borys: I'm glad you see in my speech exactly what motivated you in the first place. Your arrogance, ignorance and rudeness is what created my answer.

When asked by our fellow Democrat member of the Duma you treated him as garbage. You stated that nobles and politicians can't really understand Russia, this is arrogance. You assume too much. In Duma we have been working to reconstruct Russia. We have nobles and common folks. All sharing their knowledge for a better Russia. Why only you, a man of the army, is the single holder of the truth that will save Russia? Arrogance I say!

Also where do you think our finances come from? Russia is huge, there are several complex sources that add up to enhance our financial situation. The most important of them are the common folk: the farmers, the miners, the builders and the city dwellers. If you suddenly remove them from their families and their job, who do you think will get food, clothes, weapons and the payings of your soldiers? This is ignorance. You may know a lot about battles and about the Geography of our land, but you have no idea how the financial wheel is managed.

And I don't even need to show the others how rude your answer to our fellow democrat sounded. Sir, I beg your pardon, but you are an insane monster, and I hope your execution doesn't take long to happen. I'll sadly watch it as one of our great Generals is executed because he became infected by madness!

Common people like farmers, miners, builders and city dwellers must be protected.

Seeing Germany experimenting on a new type of weapon, I think they call it "machine guns", while we try to reach german-level chemistry in 1900. Our espionage programs need some serious funding and they will be much more effective than scientists.

There is a dangerous war machine being developped and expanded some miles near our best cities like Sankt-Peterburg and Kiev. A extremely serious danger that should be faced, the sooner the better. And you are only interested how much power will you lose or gain? As a commander-in-chief I say to you, I can't even guarantee your own existence! It isn't a matter of me, no commander-in chief can guarantee your existence. And dead people have no power. Madness is speaking of details, when you have to deal with a survival problem. It is like arguing that the treatment is painfull, when the treatment is needed to make sure the patient will live.

You can't see it now, because it is in its beginning. Do you want to wait until the situation is irreversible? It will be too late.

You can't build a strong economy on a weak military, else you will see these hard forged infrastructure under enemy hands soon.

Citis, PLEASE answer my questions like a normal persona and from your non character view.

He won't do that because he probably doesn't know either. He might not have a 100% plan either way or he does and he is purposely not telling.

General Lavr Georgiyevich Kornilov, commander-in-Chief of the Russian Army, attempts a coup d'etat. Russia should prepare for war against Germany and he believes this will happen better under his commands. Tsar recognises the necessity to prepare for war, but he claims that constitution can't change this way.

Revolutionary factions:
Kornilovists: 2
*Can draft 3 units per turn
*+2:) per barracks
*+25%:espionage: per city

Nikolasists: 5
+4:) per military unit caped at 4

The coup was a failure. Lavr Georgiyevich Kornilov was arrested and underwent a trial for treason.

LAVR GEORGIYEVICH KORNILOV ARRESTED FOR TREASON
Under the orders of current government, commander-in-Chief of the Russian Army, Lavr Georgiyevich Kornilov is arrested for treason. He is removed from army. According to high rank officials he attempted a coup d'etat. The Tsar makes no comment.

LAVR GEORGIYEVICH KORNILOV SENTENCED TO DEATH
Lavr Georgiyevich Kornilov is sentenced to death. The rest of generals who participated in the coup released, because they followed orders.

GENERALS REACT
High rank generals of russian army react to the result of trial. They claim that justice is patroned by the populist party. There are rumors that there is also an internal dispute to the party.

TSAR PARDONED KORNILOV
Tsar pardoned Kornilov and urged all sides to obey the constitution.

Top Bottom