Dawn of Russians

GERMANY FORMS AXIS
In response to "Entent" Germany and its puppet states of Austria, France, Poland, Lombardy and Sicily form a new coalition named "Axis". They fight to take control of middle east.

With Russia now an enormous player in the international stage, there is a need for a large navy to protect its coast. A war with Germany is inevitable, Germany has a Spanish ally, and their ships could wreak havoc on the Mediterranean coastline. Furthermore, the Russian areas in the Baltics are severely exploitable by the possibility of a superior German navy. Finally, we must also take into consideration the possibility of a French war or even British. I hereby propose these stages to create a stronger Russia.
  1. All coastal cities on the European side will be set aside for naval construction
  2. In the Baltics we need four frigates and three ship of the lines at least
  3. In the Mediterranean around Constantinople, we need four frigates and five ship of the lines
  4. Upon the discovery of technologies that lead to the advancement of the Russian Navy, if there is not enough funding to upgrade all ships, then wait until there is enough, and attempt to gain more funding by other means while waiting for the funding to accumulate

Signatories:
Feodor Suvorov, president of Duma
Grigoryevich Orlov, prime minister
Wilhelm Borys, member of Duma
VGL, member of Duma
Nikolas II, emperor of Russia

Kornilov,I just wanted to say that i represent the common folk and the rich. I'm a center left kind of party. I believe in free trade, welfare and more taxing of the rich for the paying of welfare.

The populist party is strong as ever!

TSAR PARDONED KORNILOV
Tsar pardoned Kornilov and urged all sides to obey the constitution.
Has Nikolas gone SENILE!

If he doesn't want the whole army turning against him, I think he did the right thing. A monarch has this power exactly because it's best left at his hands.

But I presume Kornilov has at least been exiled? I think only forcing him to retire isn't enough

After the failed coup Russia proceeded normally until the next elections. There was no important news during this short period of time, so people continue to discuss about the coup. This coup was the last act of a turbulent period of russian history. Russian monarchy survived the civil war, the coup and is consilated in solid base. Russia was the largest empire in the world it would remain so for many decades to come, maybe centuries.

Russian spies continue to steal from Axis. Sicily was too poor, so Nikolas an operation to attack a more important city. Success was disputed, but at least we can try.

Zoos became popular in Russian Empire. Russian merchants imported elephants and other exotic fauna and flaura from India to satisfy the zoo needs.

Russian sausages were always on demand at some point of the world. This time it was Spain.

Khmer allied with Axis and conquered Korea. Germans stack in Anatolia, it seems Ottoman Empire was stronger than expected.

Russian army lacked a very important element, siege weapons. Nikolas ordered the construction of these weapons. This movement satisfied the new commander-in-chief of Russian army.

Russia was the largest empire in the world. A strong nation that all others should take into account. In this pleasant climax elections were announced.

OCC:I will merge this update to the previous or next, because it is too short.

The term 1800-1820 is over. The navy act isn't started yet, but it is already scheduled for the next term. Time for elections.

Some important matters:
*Economic imbalance.
*Axis becomes stronger. Some of our generals want to capture Frankfurt, they consider it is the least expensive option.
*We control the only land oil reserves in Europe. We must keep them at any cost to defend against Germans.

Candidates:
The Populist Party (Grigoryevich Orlov, Wilhelm Borys):
*Wealth on Alaska and Siberia, export in all prices, research at ~10%, widespread construction of custom houses, banks, grocers and markets
*Move army in Sankt-peteburg, Kiev, Lwow, Budapest
*Move troops to the most Westerly point on the Russian border, to prepare an invasion of Germany
*Do NOT declare war unless provoked or asked by an ally to declare war
*Continue construction of naval fleet for possible deployment into Germany.
*If cities are taken, then put them under military rule until the Duma can decide what to do with them
*Continue urbanization to raise funds and thus raise research levels accordingly
*Continue exporting goods but this time not for money, but for other resources

Christian One Russia Party (Grigori Yefimovich Tchernin, Boris Anatolyevich Petrov):
*Amendment of article 6: Adopt orthodoxy as state religion
*banks, grocers, markets
*liberate foreign cities if they cost
*stop military development
*0% Espionage
*~10% research
*deficit rule (5% of treasury)
*boycot Germany

Progressive-Democratic Party (Gridor Rusan):
*support France and Ottomans against Germans, (boycot Germans with spies)
*Spread Constitutional Monarchy, ally with Constitutional monarchies
*Mass urbanization, banks, markets and other economical buildings
*Increase military
*If Germany becomes constitutional monarchy allies, else prepare
*If Britain becomes ally help them vs Mughals
*If Germany becomes ally help them vs Ottomans
*Egalitarianism, secularism
*0% total funding of treasury

Progressive Party of Russia (Feodor Suvorov): supports the Progressive-Democratic Party

EDIT: Waiting for Pliped's response to add him in the right party.
EDIT OOC:
New time schedule. Elections are friday, saturday (Moskva timezone), updates in Thursday. Rest days are for Duma and policy finalisation.

No prime-minister has sent me any policy finalisation. I think that the different timezones conflict you. I use Moskva timezone (well, in fact greek timezone, but in terms of days there is no practical difference).

Apparently I have to tell you my Christian One Russia's (abbreviated "XIP") first candidate is Grigori Yefimovich Tchernin. Sorry to those that voted for us last time without getting your seats due to "paperwork". FWIW, it won't happen again (lol).

Leave all other Populist Party goals except:
*Wealth on Alaska and Siberia, export in all prices, research at ~10%, widespread construction of custom houses, banks, grocers and markets
*Move army in Sankt-peteburg, Kiev, Lwow, Budapest
-Move troops to the most Westerly point on the Russian border, to prepare an invasion of Germany
-Do NOT declare war unless provoked or asked by an ally to declare war
-Continue construction of naval fleet for possible deployment into Germany.
-If cities are taken, then put them under military rule until the Duma can decide what to do with them
-Continue urbanization to raise funds and thus raise research levels accordingly
-Continue exporting goods but this time not for money, but for other resources

Believe it or not, I vote for Christian One Russia Party (XIP):rolleyes:

The Populist Party

Christian One Russia Party

Thank you for your vote.

For now, Christian One Russia adds candidate baseballpie. Let me know if that is not your name.

I announce a merge of Democracy party and the Progressive Party of Russia. Our new party will be named will be named Progressive-Democratic Party. Pliped and Gridan Rusan are the candidates of this new party. Here is our platform:
*support France and Ottomans against Germans, (boycot Germans with spies)
*Spread Constitutional Monarchy, ally with Constitutional monarchies
*Mass urbanization, banks, markets and other economical buildings
*Increase military
*If Germany becomes constitutional monarchy allies, else prepare
*If Britain becomes ally help them vs Mughals
*If Germany becomes ally help them vs Ottomans
*Egalitarianism, secularism
*0% total funding of treasury

I vote for Progressive-Democratic Party

Okay - the revised candidate list for the Christian One Russia Party is now:
Grigori Yefimovich Tchernin (me); and
Boris Anatolyevich Petrov (the candidate formerly announced as baseballpie)

Top Bottom